JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5414.jpg
[quote="Bob Paisley":y3z7f3as]A lot of teams beat us, do a lap of honour and don't stop running. They live too long on one good result. I remember Jimmy Adamson crowing after Burnley had beaten us once and that his players were in a different league. At the end of the season they were.[/quote:y3z7f3as] [quote="WireFanatic II":y3z7f3as]Why, if it isn't Catalancs, RLFANS answer to a question no-one asked![/quote:y3z7f3as]:5414.jpg

Quote: Stirlingshire Saint "It isn't difficult to believe in anyway.

King is an awesome central defender and always has been, its a shame his career is now limited due to his knee. He regularly receives the plaudits for his ability and prior to his injuries, it would have been a struggle for Spurs to hold onto the guy. He can do all the standard things a defender should be able to do as well as play football the proper way. He is integral to Tottenham, we are literally twice the side with him at centre half, it says it all when England still want him to play despite being told it isn't possible. What does that say about Capello's opinion of Terry and co ?

I am well aware the usual one eyed types on here will through the likes of Ferdinand, Vidic, Terry etc but you can keep them for me.'"

You seem very defensive today. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6290No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14099.jpg
[quote="getdownmonkeyman":1uzzx1o3]You need to move on from here. SS has replaced you, he gets this debating/conversing lark far, far better.[/quote:1uzzx1o3]:14099.jpg

Quote: keithcun "You seem very defensive today.
icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32395.png

King is a fantastic player and alongside Rio, I think he's England's best. Rio has more 'class', but I'd say King does the dirty things better. It is a shame he's been so injury prone because he's a top player.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41913.jpg

Top players play at the top. King doesn't.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6290No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14099.jpg
[quote="getdownmonkeyman":1uzzx1o3]You need to move on from here. SS has replaced you, he gets this debating/conversing lark far, far better.[/quote:1uzzx1o3]:14099.jpg

Quote: Robbie Rotten "King is a fantastic player and alongside Rio, I think he's England's best. Rio has more 'class', but I'd say King does the dirty things better. It is a shame he's been so injury prone because he's a top player.'"

Wow...a sensible poster on this thread.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9046No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[img]//www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/malcolm_glazer.jpg[/img] Thank you, Malc:

Quote: Stirlingshire Saint "
King is an awesome central defender and always has been, its a shame his career is now limited due to his knee. '"

He's a very good player, without doubt.

Quote: Stirlingshire Saint "He regularly receives the plaudits for his ability and prior to his injuries, it would have been a struggle for Spurs to hold onto the guy. He can do all the standard things a defender should be able to do as well as play football the proper way. '"

Shame he never got to prove himself at a big club.

Spurs players do seem to get favourable treatment in the press. Not sure why. Look at Modric. He's been appalling all season, and makes no more than one decent pass a game. Reading the press, you would think he is better than players who have been far more impressive e.g. Ireland.

Play football the proper way? King is no good at carrying the football or passing it. As was evident in his disastrous spell as a defensive midfielder in 2003/04 when Pleat was manager. He later played a couple of games for England in midfield. He looked good in one game and then Riquelme made him look pathetic in the following game.

Quote: Stirlingshire Saint "He is integral to Tottenham, we are literally twice the side with him at centre half, it says it all when England still want him to play despite being told it isn't possible. What does that say about Capello's opinion of Terry and co ?'"

Twice the side? I think you look a bit more solid at the back. He impoves you but only marginally.

Quote: Stirlingshire Saint "I am well aware the usual one eyed types on here will through the likes of Ferdinand, Vidic, Terry etc but you can keep them for me.'"

Ferdinand is far, far, far and away better than King. It's like comparing Robbie Keane with David Villa. Ferdinand is a better distributor and decision-maker, as well as superior in the air, on the ground King is marginally quicker than Ferdinand. That's the only thing he has over Ferdinand.

I think it's a disgrace that he was happy to pick up a wage when he couldn't train or play more than every other game.

I'm never surprised by delusional Spuds fans. At the moment, I have to listen to Spuds fans going on about Wilson Palacios. He can't tackle, pass or shoot. He's reminds me of an annoying bloke I used to play against in 5-a-side. He was a terrible footballer but he had a great engine and got in the way.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9046No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[img]//www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/malcolm_glazer.jpg[/img] Thank you, Malc:

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "Top players play at the top. '"

In most cases, yes.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32395.png

Quote: Enfield Exile "I'm never surprised by delusional Spuds fans. At the moment, I have to listen to Spuds fans going on about Wilson Palacios. He can't tackle, pass or shoot. He's reminds me of an annoying bloke I used to play against in 5-a-side. He was a terrible footballer but he had a great engine and got in the way.'"

He's a good player, nothing more, nothing less. Works hard, puts in a lot of tackles and gets himself around the pitch very well. I think at times you get carried away with your criticism of players, you might not rate some, but you go a little OTT IMO.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6290No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14099.jpg

Quote: Enfield Exile "Shame he never got to prove himself at a big club. '"

EE gets his sly dig in here people. This is the attempt to get a reaction.

Quote: Enfield Exile "Spurs players do seem to get favourable treatment in the press. Not sure why. Look at Modric. He's been appalling all season, and makes no more than one decent pass a game. Reading the press, you would think he is better than players who have been far more impressive e.g. Ireland. '"

Stephen Ireland more impressive than Modric this season ? Okay Mr Manchester City supporter. We'll take your word for it, although I suspect you may be the only person on earth to have this view.

Quote: Enfield Exile "Play football the proper way? King is no good at carrying the football or passing it. As was evident in his disastrous spell as a defensive midfielder in 2003/04 when Pleat was manager. He later played a couple of games for England in midfield. He looked good in one game and then Riquelme made him look pathetic in the following game. '"

King has never been a central midfielder, hence why he didn't impress there. I won't entertain the nonsense that he can't pass or carry the ball. Fancy one of the best attackling midfielders on earth making a centre half playing out of position look silly eh ? Who eva wud a thunk it ?

Quote: Enfield Exile "Twice the side? I think you look a bit more solid at the back. He impoves you but only marginally.'"

Marginally ?????!!!! Bwahahahaha. Try watching some of Tottenham before commenting.

Quote: Enfield Exile "Ferdinand is far, far, far and away better than King. It's like comparing Robbie Keane with David Villa. Ferdinand is a better distributor and decision-maker, as well as superior in the air, on the ground King is marginally quicker than Ferdinand. That's the only thing he has over Ferdinand. '"

Ferdinand is marginally better with the ball at his feet. King isn't prone to the lapses of concentration that Ferdinand is on the other hand. Ferdinand hasn't nearly had his career finished either. King is on a par with the bloke without training all week.

Quote: Enfield Exile "I think it's a disgrace that he was happy to pick up a wage when he couldn't train or play more than every other game. '"

What are you talking about ? He was injured so couldn't play, now he is obviously improving due to the lack of midweek football.

Quote: Enfield Exile "I'm never surprised by delusional Spuds fans. At the moment, I have to listen to Spuds fans going on about Wilson Palacios. He can't tackle, pass or shoot. He's reminds me of an annoying bloke I used to play against in 5-a-side. He was a terrible footballer but he had a great engine and got in the way.'"

Again, I would suggest you actually watch some Tottenham games before making yourself look silly by posting about them on here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach484No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44563.jpg
:44563.jpg

Quote: Stirlingshire Saint "
Stephen Ireland more impressive than Modric this season ? Okay Mr Manchester City supporter. We'll take your word for it, although I suspect you may be the only person on earth to have this view.
.'"

I'd actually agree with him there, he's been very influential in a struggling CIty side and I think Modric has failed to shine in all honesty.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6290No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14099.jpg

Quote: Tom Brady "I'd actually agree with him there, he's been very influential in a struggling CIty side and I think Modric has failed to shine in all honesty.'"

Ireland has had a decent season and whilst I'd agree Modric hasn't been massively great this year, he has shown the glimpses of talent that suggest he is indeed going to be a top player. They have both made 7 assists with Ireland scoring more goals.This has to be countered as well with how poor in general we were all over the park early this year and also that Modric has played out of position all season. He has been top quality on a couple of occasions this year still and I am hoping we can hold onto the guy, top little player.

Also to be considered is that this year is his first in the Premiership after a change of scenery. I would suggest in years to come that Ireland won't be fit to wipe Modric's backside.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17251_1262354841.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17251.jpg

Ireland>Modric

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42175_1290030542.gif
[img:2b6g88ns]http://news.google.co.uk/news/tbn/ryI1dIYrb1oJ[/img:2b6g88ns]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42175.gif

Minutes applause planned for Hillsborough at chelsea and nal semi what a stupid idea, applause for death of fans? And why only at this semi? Should be left to Liverpool matches only and certainly not applause IMO.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach484No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44563.jpg
:44563.jpg

Quote: Stirlingshire Saint "Ireland has had a decent season and whilst I'd agree Modric hasn't been massively great this year, he has shown the glimpses of talent that suggest he is indeed going to be a top player. They have both made 7 assists with Ireland scoring more goals.This has to be countered as well with how poor in general we were all over the park early this year and also that Modric has played out of position all season. He has been top quality on a couple of occasions this year still and I am hoping we can hold onto the guy, top little player.

Also to be considered is that this year is his first in the Premiership after a change of scenery. I would suggest in years to come that Ireland won't be fit to wipe Modric's backside.'"

I've no doubt Modric is a better player but you said that Ireland hadn't been more impressive so kind of going against your own post.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6290No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14099.jpg

Quote: Tom Brady "I've no doubt Modric is a better player but you said that Ireland hadn't been more impressive so kind of going against your own post.'"

All in all, I don't think he has.

Modric has had to adapt to a completely new place whilst being played out of position and put in the kind of performance against Chelsea that Ireland could only dream of. He has the same number of assists whilst Ireland has scored more goals.

1029 posts in 70 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
1029 posts in 70 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.361328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Blackandwhit
12m
BigTime
15m
bulls on Sunday