Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: Roddy B "Stoke are complete and utter scum, their manager is vermin and they epitomise what's wrong with football.'"

Rubbish. If you're not good enough to beat teams like that, you have no room to moan about them. What Stoke 'do' now is hilariously mild compared with what was allowed in the rules 30 years ago. Cynically defensive minded, difficult to watch, but it's effective. With some of the players they've had, staying in the Premier League has always been the objective, and they've done it.

On scum and what's wrong with football, how about your racist, gravity challenged centre forward? What did you make of his display today?

I think he should be banned for that dive today personally. His manager has been out in the press all week denying he's a diver then he goes and does that? As Pulis said in his interview, Suarez is an embarrassment to the Premier League and something needs to be done about him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9876No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50850_1311263484.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50850.jpg

I'm hearing lots about Suarez' dive and seeing posts on here about it, even a video of it, which is fair enough, funny though how nobody has mentioned Bale's blatant dive as well from earlier. Weird that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41913.jpg

Quote: Lord Tony Smith "I'm hearing lots about Suarez' dive and seeing posts on here about it, even a video of it, which is fair enough, funny though how nobody has mentioned Bale's blatant dive as well from earlier. Weird that.'"

I've heard that his dive was worse than Suarez's. Haven't seen a gif of it though, so can't link to it.

I didn't see any stories this week about Bale complaining about not getting penalties when he deserves them. I did see Liverpool whining about Suarez not getting them though.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: Lord Tony Smith "I'm hearing lots about Suarez' dive and seeing posts on here about it, even a video of it, which is fair enough, funny though how nobody has mentioned Bale's blatant dive as well from earlier. Weird that.'"

I've not seen that one, they didn't show that on the bulletin I watched, I suppose because there were actually some goals to show on their section. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32395.png

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "I've heard that his dive was worse than Suarez's. Haven't seen a gif of it though, so can't link to it.

I didn't see any stories this week about Bale complaining about not getting penalties when he deserves them. I did see Liverpool whining about Suarez not getting them though.'"

It shouldn't matter though, referees shouldn't go into any game believing in a sort of 'reputation'. It's this sort of thing that has meant Paul Scholes has avoided 50+ red cards in his career. Suarez's dive today was stupid and embarrassing, but can you blame him? He's getting fouled in the box every single week and he isn't getting a thing, he hasn't had a sniff.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4157.jpg
:4157.jpg

Quote: Dita's Slot Meter "Are you actually reading my posts properly??....
Are you a Liverpool fan ?? Because if you are and your seriously commenting on another teams ability to play football properly, I may as well ask the owner of rola cola if he knows of a decent soft drink

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png

Quote: Saddened! "Rubbish. If you're not good enough to beat teams like that, you have no room to moan about them. What Stoke 'do' now is hilariously mild compared with what was allowed in the rules 30 years ago. Cynically defensive minded, difficult to watch, but it's effective. With some of the players they've had, staying in the Premier League has always been the objective, and they've done it.

On scum and what's wrong with football, how about your racist, gravity challenged centre forward? What did you make of his display today?

I think he should be banned for that dive today personally. His manager has been out in the press all week denying he's a diver then he goes and does that? As Pulis said in his interview, Suarez is an embarrassment to the Premier League and something needs to be done about him.'"

Today we played Stoke, we played a few young lads and generally a technically strong side. Every single one-two, every single 'triangle' we got into, we were fouled. Every time one of our players beat one of theirs, he was fouled. Referees just seem to accept that Stoke are a disgrace and they'll be far more lenient with them than they should be. Robert Huth could break a player's leg next week, yet Pulis and so will be out saying he's a nice lad and it's not in his character.

IMO, Stoke are an unbelievably lucky side who expose the game's biggest weakness; refereeing. I don't care how the game was 30 years ago, we killed teams by passing the ball back and forth to our goalkeeper 30 years ago, the game has changed and Stoke are still being refereed as though the game is being played 30 years ago. Referees have a duty to ref the game fairly, for them to constantly let their players get away with late fouls, shirt pulling, 'wrestling' and generally underhand tactics with the aim to 'batter' the opposition, not 'beat' them.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3853
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53838_1362327793.jpg
And so you aim towards the sky, And you'll rise high today, Fly away, Far away, Far from pain....:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53838.jpg

Quote: Cas Till I Die "Are you a Liverpool fan ?? Because if you are and your seriously commenting on another teams ability to play football properly, I may as well ask the owner of rola cola if he knows of a decent soft drink'"

No, I'm not, please don't insult me.....However, I'm a football fan who appreciates watching decent football, and whenever I see Stoke in action, I see nothing resembling decent football.

I'm all for sides making the most of their strengths, but Stoke take it to an ugly extreme....If the other 19 sides in the league played football like that, the game would die a very quick death because nobody would go to watch it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png

Quote: Cas Till I Die "Roddy, if I searched 100 years up and down the land and talked to every football fan in the areas I searched I'd be hard pressed to find 1 as clueless biased and plain thick as you. Well done !!!'"

Go on, tell me why? Why am I thick? If you're going to call somebody thick, at least punctuate your sentence properly.

I hate Stoke, they are a disgrace to the sport. They get their points, whatever, we can't beat their tactics and we probably never will, but that doesn't hide the point of their tactics being unbelievably shameless.

Pulis, IMO, may be the worst manager ever in the sport, purely because he doesn't challenge himself and doesn't show any sort of innovation or desire. He signs the same type of player, he plays the same tactics - home or away - and he doesn't challenge himself as a manager at all. Pulis could be put in charge of Barcelona, he'd still sign Dean Whitehead and Robert Huth, he'd get them to defend in two banks of five and they'd play the same way as Stoke do. The man's a complete and utter disgrace, if any foreign manager came up with tactics like that he'd be destroyed by the British media.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4063
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14348_1671727713.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14348.png

Surprising win up at Newcastle today, thought it had 1-1 or 2-2 written all over it. Wish Hernandez would start instead of Welbeck though.

Were Liverpool unlucky again today? Or just sh*te again? Love it when Stoke take points off them, Roddy is funny. Bigger teams like Liverpool who have been sponsored by Sky since '92 reap what they sow IMO, teams who Sky DON'T w*nk over will tend to have less £, so will have to make do with inferior players so have to play how best suits them to stay up. It's not Stoke's fault you're sh*t.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg

Quote: Roddy B "Today we played Stoke, we played a few young lads and generally a technically strong side. Every single one-two, every single 'triangle' we got into, we were fouled. Every time one of our players beat one of theirs, he was fouled. '"

Fouls committed Stoke 16 Liverpool 9. Guess you didn't do too much in the 90 minutes.

Quote: Roddy B "Referees just seem to accept that Stoke are a disgrace and they'll be far more lenient with them than they should be. Robert Huth could break a player's leg next week, yet Pulis and so will be out saying he's a nice lad and it's not in his character.'"

You've said on here how many times you hate Stoke. Aren't you kind of biased against them?

If Suarez breaks someone leg next week, Rogers will be saying what a great lad he is and his team mates will be wearing T shirts protesting his innocence.

Quote: Roddy B "IMO, Stoke are an unbelievably lucky side who expose the game's biggest weakness; refereeing. I don't care how the game was 30 years ago, we killed teams by passing the ball back and forth to our goalkeeper 30 years ago, the game has changed and Stoke are still being refereed as though the game is being played 30 years ago. Referees have a duty to ref the game fairly, for them to constantly let their players get away with late fouls, shirt pulling, 'wrestling' and generally underhand tactics with the aim to 'batter' the opposition, not 'beat' them.'"

Stoke are clearly a physical side who aim to put superior sides off their stride. The top sides are able to rise above it. Liverpool aren't. That's what makes you hate them so much.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "Fouls committed Stoke 16 Liverpool 9. Guess you didn't do too much in the 90 minutes.

You've said on here how many times you hate Stoke. Aren't you kind of biased against them?

If Suarez breaks someone leg next week, Rogers will be saying what a great lad he is and his team mates will be wearing T shirts protesting his innocence.

Stoke are clearly a physical side who aim to put superior sides off their stride. The top sides are able to rise above it. Liverpool aren't. That's what makes you hate them so much.'"

As I said, referees are lenient with Stoke. There was a foul every time we passed it about, but the ref constantly ignored it. Half of our fouls were pathetic but the ref reffed us like any other side, but with Stoke he took particular exception to their tactics.

That's what gets me, LGJM. We aren't one of the very top sides any more but Stoke still play us like they are. We barely played with a forward as an outlet today, but their defence still sits in their box and a midfielder would often drop in to make it a nice 5 at the back.

I hate Stoke's football and I hate that they are now 'established', but they still play like some plucky chancers who've fluked their way up through promotion. I'm not asking for them to be Barcelona, I'm asking for them to play football and for their coach to instruct his side to play football. Every game, every opposition, they do the same sh*t, we can't beat it, I get that but it still irritates the f*ck out of me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg

Quote: Roddy B "It shouldn't matter though, referees shouldn't go into any game believing in a sort of 'reputation'. '"

It would help with this stance of your club hadn't spent the last week trying to claim you've been badly done to because Suarez has been denied a bunch of pens he should have got.

Quote: Roddy B "It's this sort of thing that has meant Paul Scholes has avoided 50+ red cards in his career. '"

Well part of the problem there is that Paul Scholes was some kind of national treasure and it was just a joke that he couldn't tackle. A problem that Liverpool fans helped to foster because of their mutual masturbation club with United fans.

Quote: Roddy B "Suarez's dive today was stupid and embarrassing, but can you blame him? He's getting fouled in the box every single week and he isn't getting a thing, he hasn't had a sniff.'"

Suarez is clearly part of the problem in that he is clearly willing to dive when it suits. He hasn't helped himself with today's ridiculous effort.

Quote: Roddy B "'"

I dislike Tottenham about half as much as I dislike Liverpool, so that's still quite a lot. But I don't think Bale has done too much wrong there. He braced himself for collision after nicking the ball away because it looked like he was going to get kicked. With the speed he was going as soon as his stride was altered he was going down. The keeper then halted his kicking motion before impact so it looks like Bale has just blatantly dived when really it was just the combination of factors that caused it.

For me, I'd have just waved play on and left them to it.

The clip doesn't show the aftermath, but what were the responses from the players? If Bale got up and started saying he'd been clipped then he'd have earned himself a yellow. If he just said he braced himself then there's no issue.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17971
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2191_1722350596.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2191.jpg

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "It would help with this stance of your club hadn't spent the last week trying to claim you've been badly done to because Suarez has been denied a bunch of pens he should have got.

Well part of the problem there is that Paul Scholes was some kind of national treasure and it was just a joke that he couldn't tackle. A problem that Liverpool fans helped to foster because of their mutual masturbation club with United fans.

Suarez is clearly part of the problem in that he is clearly willing to dive when it suits. He hasn't helped himself with today's ridiculous effort.

I dislike Tottenham about half as much as I dislike Liverpool, so that's still quite a lot. But I don't think Bale has done too much wrong there. He braced himself for collision after nicking the ball away because it looked like he was going to get kicked. With the speed he was going as soon as his stride was altered he was going down. The keeper then halted his kicking motion before impact so it looks like Bale has just blatantly dived when really it was just the combination of factors that caused it.

The clip doesn't show the aftermath, but what were the responses from the players? If Bale got up and started saying he'd been clipped then he'd have earned himself a yellow. If he just said he braced himself then there's no issue.'"

brad guzan laughed at him

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "It would help with this stance of your club hadn't spent the last week trying to claim you've been badly done to because Suarez has been denied a bunch of pens he should have got.

The clip doesn't show the aftermath, but what were the responses from the players? If Bale got up and started saying he'd been clipped then he'd have earned himself a yellow. If he just said he braced himself then there's no issue.'"

Our club has rightly complained about the standard of officiating in our games. It's frustrating that Suarez dove today, as I said it was embarrassing, but that shouldn't alter any future decision a referee should make, just as not giving them the most obvious one against Norwich the other week shouldn't influence them.

I rated Scholes as a player but the embarrassing ignorance towards his tackling was/still is a joke. This approach seems to be taken towards Stoke too, only they're not as popular.

Suarez should have been booked for his dive today and that should have been the end of it. The funny thing is he's been booked for it a couple of times this season and I don't think he actually dove, yet today when he did it wasn't penalised. If referees go into a game believing that someone is a diver and they'll ref them as so, they shouldn't be refereeing. Simple as, really.

See, your point on Bale I kind of agree with. Players should jump out of the way and do everything to avoid contact at all costs, but referees refuse to give decisions without contact, which is the sort of thing Stoke expose. I don't know how the players reacted to the Bale thing, but I do know plenty of fans that criticise Suarez for going down/avoiding bad challenges. Saddened done it the other day. Suarez came on against Udinese, a bad challenge came his way, contact was made but he got out of the way in a manner that seemed to exaggerate contact. Regardless of exaggeration, it was a bad foul but fans and referees refuse to see it that way, largely because they're utterly deluded because of things they seen "thirty years ago".

1817 posts in 122 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
1817 posts in 122 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.72802734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan Warriors Crowned Champions Again in 2024
NickyKiss
1m
Comparison with Wigan 17
Kevin Turvey
7m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
9m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
11m
Burgess
Irregs#16
13m
Transfer Talk V5
Exeter Rhino
16m
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
Exeter Rhino
21m
Recruitment rumours and links
nathan_rugby
24m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Results and Standings
Uncle Rico
48m
Shopping list for 2025
Milky121086
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk V5
Exeter Rhino
29s
TV games not Wire
karetaker
42s
Thompson
NickyKiss
46s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
48s
Hunslet Secure Promotion After Defeating Swinton
RLFANS News
1m
Championship Play Off Final
Big lads mat
1m
Film game
Wanderer
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
Planning for next season
Leyther in n
1m
Shopping list for 2025
Milky121086
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Hunslet Secure Promotion After Defeating Swinton
RLFANS News
TODAY
Trinity Into Play Off Final After Battle With York
RLFANS News
TODAY
Thompson
NickyKiss
TODAY
Comparison with Wigan 17
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Crowd Funding
jbuzza
TODAY
Wigan v Wire in Vegas
karetaker
TODAY
Twix wrappers
[Gareth]
TODAY
Burgess
Irregs#16
TODAY
5 hours
NickyKiss
TODAY
Harry Smith
Wigg'n
TODAY
Wigan Warriors Crowned Champions Again in 2024
rollin thund
TODAY
New signings
Fartown58
TODAY
OTish betting on the championship
Dutch Bull
TODAY
Championship Promotion Final
GeoffRoebuck
TODAY
Hull Kingston Rovers
Deeeekos
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Hear the Roar
Trinity_lurc
TODAY
SL Grand Final
Eastern Wild
TODAY
Spirit of the Rhinos documentary
christopher
TODAY
Grand Final
matt_wire
TODAY
Terrace wear
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
OT Rohan Smith -
Trebor1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hunslet Secure Promotion After..
Trinity Into Play Off Final Af..
Wigan Warriors Crowned Champio..
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 1,947 80,14014,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 19th Oct
       Championship 2024-R31
19:00
Wakefield
v
Toulouse
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 13th Oct
CH 30 Swinton10-6Hunslet
CH 30 Wakefield22-13York
CH 30 Toulouse21-20Bradford
Sat 12th Oct
SL 30 Hull KR2-9Wigan
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 29 768 338 430 48
Hull KR 29 731 344 387 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 27 1032 275 757 52
Toulouse 26 765 388 377 37
Bradford 28 723 420 303 36
York 29 695 501 194 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22