JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The post morterm on Liverpool is easy. Man for man they are no better than the likes of Sunderland, Aston Villa and Fulham. Liverpool fans, you may say this is wrong, but its not.

Its just their fans think they have a devine right to be there and thereabouts whilst the truth is, whilst other clubs have, over the years, been shrewd with their signings and investments, Liverpools have been nothing short of abysmal which is why they are a mid table team with a bleak future. Even their one saving grace, Gerrard, who has been able to mask over the teams short commings is looking like a player who is ready for the knackers yard.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Pretty funny open letter to Liverpool fans today from the owners, explaining that they would never risk the future of the club with risky spending. A pretty ridiculous statement to make given their recent signings, very few of which are looking like good buys at present.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1030.gif
[quote="littlerich":1czuya0c]Widnes will be glad to get away from Leigh. They've been regularly pumped, roasted and left in the alley-way by the lobbygobblers. Talk about being bitched - what a torrid time they've had. They'll be looking for some A&E rest time for the next three years at least.[/quote:1czuya0c]:1030.gif

Quote: Dita's Slot Meter "Have to agree that while Gerrard has been a fine player, his time is looking up at the top level - Watching today, I had to wonder how long Rodgers will put up with him giving the ball away, while attempting his trademark 'Hollywood' pass, considering that the new manager is trying to instill a culture of keepball at Anfield?

He'll no doubt have flashes of the old Stevie G this season, but I think one of Rodgers major jobs will be to find a new midfield general to take his place as soon as possible.'"

Can't disagree with this, and I've worshipped Gerrard for years. If he continues to give possession away so cheaply (and they're costly mistakes) when the rest of midfield are trying to retain the ball then I can see Rodgers running out of patience very quickly.

I’d like to say we played well but we really didn’t. We moved the ball around averagely without ever looking like getting behind their defence. Allen hardly gives the ball away but doesn’t look dangerous. Sahin did very little, but then again you've got to give him time. Gerrard & Suarez really need to pull their fingers out. If they don’t perform, we don’t win, it’s as simple as that. Suarez did very little (but should have had a penalty) and Gerrard, on the evidence so far, does not fit into Rodgers’ style of play – constantly going for the Hollywood ball instead of keeping things simple, giving the ball away which is leading to the other team scoring (Arsenal’s first was a carbon copy of the Agger red vs. West Brom). Sterling once again, was the only one who ever looked like causing Arsenal problems. If Liverpool & Sterling continue their respective form, he’ll be moving on in the summer.

Arsenal basically schooled us, because we’re trying to play them at their own game. Destroyed us on the counter attack. Diaby bossed the midfield. Carzola looks decent. Defensively they were pretty solid.

I'd like to think it's just a difficult start coupled with the players settling into a new system, but unfortunately things don't get any easier with Sunderland and Man Utd coming up. We’re already in a position where we need to be beating the likes of QPR & Norwich to give ourselves a lift. If we start dropping points against these like we did last year then we’re in big trouble! Still, we’re paying for years of mis-management and Kenny flushing £100m down the toilet. No choice now but to stick by Rodgers, ride it out and hope we improve as the season goes on.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member19907No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1883.jpg
Didn't William Webb Ellis pick up the ball and run, someone should really tell Rugby Union. www.squadbuilder.co.uk:1883.jpg

Quote: Saint Viper "Gerrard and Reina both looked a shadow of there former selves today, i hope they can get back to somewhere near their best pretty quickly.'"

I don't think Gerard has the legs to play in a three man midfield anymore. Didn't help that he was playing against a midfield that can move the ball so quickly and fluidly. The return of Lucas/four in midfield will help him no end.

PS

Just seen what Rody said about a Totti-type role for him. Would seem to be the perfect answer, and would certainly help out Liverpool's attack which seems a little blunt at the moment.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9872No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50850_1311263484.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50850.jpg

Quote: Saddened! "Pretty funny open letter to Liverpool fans today from the owners, explaining that they would never risk the future of the club with risky spending. A pretty ridiculous statement to make given their recent signings, very few of which are looking like good buys at present.'"

We've had our best transfer window for a while.Who isn't looking like a good but at the minute? We've sold all of our deadwood, except Joe Cole and brought in some very good players. The only mistake I think we've made is sending Carroll out on loan without a replacement.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman27757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34_1430670222.jpg
[url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-n8:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]An Ode to Sepp Blatter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/s1ImSi-dadbod:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Dadbod[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-mK:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Next In Line To The Throne[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://mcclennan.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/st-helens-and-a-fitting-end-to-a-season-of-unsung-heroes/:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://twitter.com/cinematicsoul:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Follow my wisdom on Twitter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-aA:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34.jpg

Only a couple of weeks ago Liverpool outplayed City, being unlucky to only get a draw. Now they're doomed? Give over. I get the impression they may have stiffed on the transfer dealings by not being able to pick up a striker but I'm not sure how responsible Rodgers is for that. He's had a few weeks to sift through players and marry them with his spending budget. It says a lot that he was after Sturridge because he was merely a stop gap measure until he could properly ascertain what it is that he needs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41913.jpg

Liverpool aren't doomed.

But, as Robbie has said on numerous times on here, they need to play the transfer game at a fantastic level if they are going to make up for the lack of money that their rivals have.

And they've just stood on the ball and ended up flat on their face.

Drawing at home to Citeh, while deserving a win, is pretty good. Losing at home to Arsenal isn't too bad. But those games came after a 3-0 opening day drubbing at West Brom.

As someone with zero liking of Liverpool, this season has started beautifully. It's been great.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9872No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50850_1311263484.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50850.jpg

Quote: McClennan "Only a couple of weeks ago Liverpool outplayed City, being unlucky to only get a draw. Now they're doomed? Give over. I get the impression they may have stiffed on the transfer dealings by not being able to pick up a striker but I'm not sure how responsible Rodgers is for that. He's had a few weeks to sift through players and marry them with his spending budget. It says a lot that he was after Sturridge because he was merely a stop gap measure until he could properly ascertain what it is that he needs.'"

Agreed last week we outplayed the champions. Yaya Toure said it was the toughest game he's played in over here and a ween later we're shiiite. Jesus wept.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman27757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34_1430670222.jpg
[url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-n8:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]An Ode to Sepp Blatter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/s1ImSi-dadbod:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Dadbod[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-mK:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Next In Line To The Throne[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://mcclennan.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/st-helens-and-a-fitting-end-to-a-season-of-unsung-heroes/:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://twitter.com/cinematicsoul:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Follow my wisdom on Twitter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-aA:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34.jpg

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "But those games came after a 3-0 opening day drubbing at West Brom.'"

Even during that they were arguably the better side until conceding the second goal, against the run of play.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41913.jpg

Quote: McClennan "Even during that they were arguably the better side until conceding the second goal, against the run of play.'"

Better side and lost 3-0. Deserved to win, get a draw. Well beaten and lose 2-0 at home.

Last season they were supposedly playing good football but just unlucky. Hit the woodwork more than anyone else, or something like that.

These aren't good things. You want your team to take points when they don't deserve them, not the opposite.

You credit Rodgers with knowing that Sturridge would have only been a stop-gap and assume by next season he'll have a better solution. But Sturridge would have been a great option that could have helped them out massively. And they hit the post with that and ended up conceding a breakaway goal.

They aren't doomed. But it's looking very likely that they are looking at an extended period of time as a mid-table mediocre side. Which considering the high esteem they hold themselves in, is a kind of doom.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4061
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14348_1671727713.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14348.png

Seen a lot of these 'full-kit s' around since it was highlighted on here the other week. They've all been young lads though so do they still count? All LFC kits oddly... chavs

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32395.png

Quote: 100% Wire "Seen a lot of these 'full-kit s' around since it was highlighted on here the other week. They've all been young lads though so do they still count? All LFC kits oddly... chavs'"

Funny that, I was in Manchester on Friday and the place was full of FKWs, mostly Citeh fans but there were a few United fans. Personal favourite was seeing an actual couple in full kit, easily XXLs as well.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach587No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

When will hull kr win a major trophy? Seller and breeder of african cichlids pm me if interested.:

Quote: Roddy B "Funny that, I was in Manchester on Friday and the place was full of FKWs, mostly Citeh fans but there were a few United fans. Personal favourite was seeing an actual couple in full kit, easily XXLs as well.'"

that was Rooney and scholes silly

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32395.png

Quote: Saddened! "Pretty funny open letter to Liverpool fans today from the owners, explaining that they would never risk the future of the club with risky spending. A pretty ridiculous statement to make given their recent signings, very few of which are looking like good buys at present.'"

Think you struggled to read it properly, have you changed opticians lately?

Quote: Saddened! "We are still in the process of reversing the errors of previous regimes. It will not happen overnight. It has been compounded by our own mistakes in a difficult first two years of ownership. It has been a harsh education, but make no mistake, the club is healthier today than when we took over.'"

That quote there pretty much accepts that they have cocked up since they've came here but they are clearly keen to change that. Compare this summer's signings to the signings made the previous summer:

Joe Allen - Young player, clearly talented and looking like the type of player that could contribute as a starter for a long time. He's also young enough to give us good years and be sold for a good amount in the future.

Nuri Sahin - A loan signing oozing with talent and potential. If he settles we have a talented player that we haven't paid for yet, I imagine Madrid would be open to selling him seen as they have signed Modric, so we are in a bit of a winning situation. If he performs really well, the only problem could be a pretty large fee, but at least we'd be making a 99% certain investment, which I'd rather make a big investment in.

Fabio Borini - Another young player who the manager has worked with before and clearly liked. Quite a high fee but for a 21 year old versatile forward, it's pretty decent money given the 'pedigree', if you will. If he improves he'd easily sell at a profit, whilst he's versatile and determined enough to always have a place here. He's probably the riskiest of all signings, but he's a high character player who, IMO anyway, seems too determined to come here and fail.

Oussama Assaidi - Another young player. Small fee and probable small wages. If he performs we've got a bargain, if he doesn't we've spent very little and he's still young enough to either be sold or loaned out to enhance reputation.

Samed Yesil - Young player for the future. Could work out and we've saved millions, could end up failing and we've wasted very little.

All in all, the biggest problem with this transfer window was the quantity, rather than the quality IMO. We've signed the right type of player (age, reputation, price) and we've got rid of the right type of players (high earners, older players, players of little value to the club). The big problem is this should have happened last summer, but the owners made a clear error in judgment. They seemed to think Dalglish could turn it around in one big splurge in the market, when really he should have been starting the firesale and shifting the club into the right direction. They went for the CL and failed spectacularly, back to plan A it is and I'm really happy with that. My only 'problem' with plan A is they were supposed to have a 'structure' in place that allowed them to maintain direction regardless of manager; however, they thrown those plans out of the window and effectively put all faith in Rodgers, which is incredibly dangerous.

A lot of fans/journalists have a huge problem with FSG having final say on transfers, basically they give the thumbs up or thumbs down on a 'target', but I don't think that's too bad considering they're owners and they clearly don't want their money being 'wasted'. Dempsey was/is a decent player who had his best season last year, but he'll be after his last big contract and he offers little in terms of resale value. The owners clearly don't want that type of target, is that really so bad?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5506No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50774_1329287946.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50774.jpg

Borini looks mega-ordinary and not Prem class and Sahin looked way out of his depth IMO

Joe Allen looks the real biz tho' but won't be at LFC too long before one of the big spenders puts in a bid

1817 posts in 122 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
1817 posts in 122 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.74072265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Finn out Murrell in
Hudd-Shay
17m
Has anyone got any idea what is going on
Halfdan of t
33m
Shopping list for 2025
Irregs#16
Recent
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
just_browny
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Cokey
Recent
Film game
Wanderer
Recent
Tonights match v HKR
Captain Hook
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
ComeOnYouUll
1m
Spirit of the Rhinos documentary
christopher
1m
Play-off semi-final
PopTart
1m
Grand final Tickets
NSW
1m
How does Sydney support so many teams
LeedsLurch
1m
TV Games - Not Hull
Irregs#16
2m
Film game
Wanderer
2m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
just_browny
3m
Game - Song Titles
Cokey
4m
2025 membership/renewals
Irregular Ho
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Spirit of the Rhinos documentary
christopher
TODAY
Grand Final
SirStan
TODAY
Terrace wear
retrosports
TODAY
OT Rohan Smith -
Trebor1
TODAY
Alfie johnson CONFIRMED 2 year deal
Smiffy27
TODAY
Brian Lockwood RIP
1315trinity
TODAY
Grand Final Squad
NickyKiss
TODAY
Kit for Saturday
Pie Eyed
TODAY
George Hirst
Wigg'n
TODAY
Player of the Season 2024
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Released Players List
Jemmo
TODAY
IN 2025 Jake Connor - Expires 2026
Exeter Rhino
TODAY
Has anyone got any idea what is going on
Halfdan of t
TODAY
Awards
The Avenger
TODAY
dan russell confirmed 2 year contract
Wires71
TODAY
Play-off Semi Final Toulouse A
Pyrah123
TODAY
2025 Catalans Dragons Kit
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Oli Leyland confirmed 2 year deal
ninearches
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Grand Final
rubber ducki
TODAY
Transfer Talk V5
ducknumber1
TODAY
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
Emagdnim13
TODAY
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
ArthurClues
TODAY
Search Sexy Girls from your city for night - Authentic Damse
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Keenan Palasia - Expires 2026
BigRoy
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
Rixy
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Deadcowboys1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,117 80,13814,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 TOMORROW
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
19:30
Swinton
v
Hunslet
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 13th Oct
CH
19:30
Swinton-Hunslet
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22