Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32395.png

Quote: Catalancs "The thing is you've got a world class keeper, Gerrard is still one of the best midfielders in the Premier League for me and Torres is one of the best forwards playing football. Apart from those three...?'"

We have other players who are good/decent, or capable of playing well when others are on song. Meireles is a good player, but he can't be relied upon as one of our better players yet as he has just arrived here. Glen Johnson is more than capable, but he's having his worst run of form since his pre-Pompey days, to the point where it makes you think 'is it form? Or was his time at Pompey just great form from an average player?', Agger is a class player, Skrtel is a great defender on his day, Fabio Aurelio was always reliable for us, Joe Cole is a good player, too! There are some decent players there, but it matters little when there is such a gulf in class between the better players and the coach. Until we have an squad of experienced, workman-like players, Roy'll never get us playing the way he wants.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6734No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3738_1390436317.gif
The referee's indecision is final:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3738.gif

liverpool could be bottom after the next round of games

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5311No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Newsom 13"]You're the Ginger Journo Scouser. Not me.[/quote] [quote="WireFanatic"]Never agree much with a bluenose.......but in this case I will make an exception. ;)[/quote]:

Quote: Catalancs "Generosity deserves rewarding. All yours... '"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Fantastic. As I was always told at journalism school a picture tells a thousand words icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16257
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10289_1326111229.png
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019 League Leaders 2011 2016:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10289.png

Rooney says he wants to quit United ASAP

www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ter-united

I can't see him being the type to settle abroad, and he said he wanted to stay in Manchester, so City seems the natural destination.

He's going to end up being the biggest hate figure in Old Trafford if he signs for them, a scouse Judas playing for City!
Rooney says he wants to quit United ASAP

www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ter-united

I can't see him being the type to settle abroad, and he said he wanted to stay in Manchester, so City seems the natural destination.

He's going to end up being the biggest hate figure in Old Trafford if he signs for them, a scouse Judas playing for City!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5311No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Newsom 13"]You're the Ginger Journo Scouser. Not me.[/quote] [quote="WireFanatic"]Never agree much with a bluenose.......but in this case I will make an exception. ;)[/quote]:

Quote: Robbie Rotten "Thing is, it doesn't even feel like a derby defeat because there is little for us to be bitter about. So often we'd be in games, have chances, have decisions go either way and we'd be arguing for weeks on end. Instead, it was a routine victory and a routine defeat, the bluenoses don't even need to gloat because Liverpool fans can see things so clearly, the game pretty much said it all.'"

It certainly feels like a derby win from this side of the park, mate. We have had to wait since 2006 for a league victory in a derby icon_wink.gif far too long for me.

You're right though it was very routine, it was a lot more comfortable than I expected and a lot more comfortable that it should've been. According to Woy, you were unlucky to be one down at half time, deary me, what is he on? we were by far the better team all game, no question and fully deserved out lead when we got it. I know you've been anti Woy since he joined, who would you like to see in charge? Pellegrini?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png

Quote: Dan_FC "It certainly feels like a derby win from this side of the park, mate. We have had to wait since 2006 for a league victory in a derby
I know you lot used to love having digs at Rafa and so on, FSW and the like, but we all knew those were in jest. You could make grandpa jokes and the like about Roy and be serious, the stuff he comes out with is reminiscent of the knob you meet at the pub who is clueless about the game, yet persists with the same old drivel every week (not that I meet people in pubs, but you get the stereotype). I know he's our coach, but I wonder who he thinks he's fooling in his conferences. I just cringe.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5311No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Robbie Rotten "We have other players who are good/decent, or capable of playing well when others are on song. Meireles is a good player, but he can't be relied upon as one of our better players yet as he has just arrived here. Glen Johnson is more than capable, but he's having his worst run of form since his pre-Pompey days, to the point where it makes you think 'is it form? Or was his time at Pompey just great form from an average player?', Agger is a class player, Skrtel is a great defender on his day, Fabio Aurelio was always reliable for us, Joe Cole is a good player, too! There are some decent players there, but it matters little when there is such a gulf in class between the better players and the coach. Until we have an squad of experienced, workman-like players, Roy'll never get us playing the way he wants.'"

Meireles looks like he has something about him but to be fair he's only just arrived so he'll need to settle. Glen Johnson I don't see it, he has his moments going forward but as a defender I just can't see what he offers, positionally he looks lost, he's very clumsy and always seems liable to leave a foot in or take someone out ala Blackpool. Even at Pompey his defending was called into question. The rest (Skrtel, Agger, Aurelio and Cole I agree). People are calling Torres and saying he's spat the dummy out etc, I can't agree Torres is a phenomenal player, one of the world's best and we should've been worried by him today but the fact we never had to give him a second thought says it all, he's playing with some tat around him. He wasn't given a chance today, one decent ball he had played to him by Gerrard (and it was an outstanding ball) all game, he's given no support when he has the ball to feet and when two defenders close him down like Jags and Distin did today no striker can do anything. Just like players managers can be out of their depth and so far Woy certainly looks well out of his depth.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png

Agreed, Dan.

If I was to bother writing my thoughts into some form of blog, iainmacintosh.wordpress.com/2010 ... e-benitez/ would be pretty close to what I would write.
Agreed, Dan.

If I was to bother writing my thoughts into some form of blog, iainmacintosh.wordpress.com/2010 ... e-benitez/ would be pretty close to what I would write.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5311No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Robbie Rotten "I know you lot used to love having digs at Rafa and so on, FSW and the like, but we all knew those were in jest. You could make grandpa jokes and the like about Roy and be serious, the stuff he comes out with is reminiscent of the knob you meet at the pub who is clueless about the game, yet persists with the same old drivel every week (not that I meet people in pubs, but you get the stereotype). I know he's our coach, but I wonder who he thinks he's fooling in his conferences. I just cringe.'"

We sure did, FSW and Rafa's cracking up, there was plenty more too. All good fun and jest and he gave it back with his small club jibe too. I think Rafa was harshly treated towards the end, maybe he did take the club as far as he could, he won the Champions League with an extremely poor squad (by CL winners standards) but I suppose there's only so far any manager can take any club, even Mourinho has found his time coming to an end at his clubs, how anyone can think Hodgson is good enough to do something Benitez couldn't I don't know. His comments today say much more than any chant we can come up with could, any Liverpudlian with an ounce of dignity would've turned the tele over before he finished.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32395_1324520597.png

Anyone hear Hodgson's comments to the Norwegian journo in the press conference? What a joke this fella is.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9046No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[img]//www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/malcolm_glazer.jpg[/img] Thank you, Malc:

Quote: D.D. "

Similalry, Adebayor is a joke now and we were ten times the team after Silva took his place. .'"

Adebayor was dreadful and has been for a while. Along with De Jong being scared of making a tackle, we were effectively playing with 9 men for 60mins. Throw on a class player and we score 3 and hit the woodwork three times. Joe Hart made two saves, so all this talk of Blackpool playing us off the park is nonsense.

Football is about winning the battles in the two penalty boxes. Blackpool went from box-to-box very neatly, and disturbingly easy, but we were better defensively and we were more ruthless in attack. That’s all that matters. We were poor between the boxes but we won.

Ask yourself…were you happier when we battered Bolton (the time when we hit the woodwork 4 or 5 times, and Jaaskeleinen produced 4 great saves, but they scored with a pen in the 83rd minute) but lost 1-0, or would you have preferred to have had a slice of luck and won?

We were terrible for 60mins but you don’t always win points for being pretty.

As for the ‘foul’ on the centre-half? It was never a free-kick. If anything, the defender pushed Tevez before the alleged trip. Tevez’s goal was off-side but it was marginal. It was never ‘clearly’ offside.

I see there was no mention of a the blatant foul on Tevez leading up to one of their goals.

Quote: D.D. " Our first eleven is as good as anything out there, albeit in a boring kind of way, but beyond those eleven, then we struggle. With each passing week, it becomes more apparent that Mark Hughes was an utter clown when you handed him the chequebook.'"

Our two best players this season were signed buy Hughes.

Bridge and Lescott admittedly have been poor. But then neither has been fit for a sustained run of games. At the moment I would rather have Zabaleta at LB than Bridge, and Boyata at centre-half.

TBF I would rather have Bridge than Ferreira or O’Shea, and I would also rather have Lescott than Brown or Evans, I would also rather have Richards that Rafael or Neville.

We have the most talented set of players that we have had at the club for a long time, we are not in a financially perilous state, crowds are good, the club are doing much more for the supporters, ticket prices are relatively low and there is at least hope that we may actually win something for only the second time since I was born. TBH, Dave, you rarely say anything positive about the club. If we beat United 3-0, you would moan about the price of a cup of tea. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9046No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[img]//www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/malcolm_glazer.jpg[/img] Thank you, Malc:

Quote: Robbie Rotten "Anyone hear Hodgson's comments to the Norwegian journo in the press conference? What a joke this fella is.'"

He didn't cover himself in glory yesterday.

TBF though, I thought Everton played very well yesterday. I doubt Yakubu has played better.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner53839No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Twitter - @MaddyHFC:

How many games are Utd going to throw away this season? Fulham, Everton and now West Brom, thos lost 6 points would see us top right now. Saturday's goals were joke goals but still we had another 35 mins to score again. The Rooney situation is interesting but I still think it will blow over.

As for Liverpool the most worrying thing for me would be the manager thinking that the team played well in a game that they were never in.

Blackpool were unlucky but for City winning when not playing well has to be a good sign.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: Robbie Rotten "Anyone hear Hodgson's comments to the Norwegian journo in the press conference? What a joke this fella is.'"

No, what did he say?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6038No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PAUL M "Blackpool were unlucky but for City winning when not playing well has to be a good sign.'"

It is up to point. So far this season we've taken 8 points from 5 games in which we've played poorly. Last year we'd have been lucky to scrape 3 from those matches. And to some extent there are good reasons why we've been hit miss - the new system & players and the injuries. But we still have a couple of basic weaknesses, such as the over reliance on Tevez, which will need to be addressed if we are to become a consistent team.

1091 posts in 74 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
1091 posts in 74 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.09814453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
just_browny
11m
Salford H
Dave K.
14m