FORUMS FORUMS






RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > Matty Peet
21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
International Star3914
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature
65656_1708941604.jpg
[size=95:2obtgspq]23 LEAGUE TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]21 CHALLENGE CUPS[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]5 WORLD TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [b:2obtgspq][color=#FF0000:2obtgspq][size=100:2obtgspq]SAYS IT ALL REALLY[/size:2obtgspq][/color:2obtgspq][/b:2obtgspq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65656.jpg



Wigan's greatest ever coach?

Imo, he's now passed Wane and is up there with Monie, Madge and Lowe. What a ride we've been on. I hope he turns into our Shankley, Fergie, Bellamy etc.

Unfancied to undeniable

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature
4083_1711972570.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4083.jpeg



Quote: sergeant pepper "Wigan's greatest ever coach?

Imo, he's now passed Wane and is up there with Monie, Madge and Lowe. What a ride we've been on. I hope he turns into our Shankley, Fergie, Bellamy etc.

Unfancied to undeniable'"


Tricky question and I’m just undecided at the moment.

Could Wane or Peet of achieved what they have had they taken over directly from Brian Noble?

I see so much of what Madge instilled in the current Wigan team & culture.

The succession plan has been sublime but It was Madge who set the platform for what we have seen since.

Not taking anything away from Peet, he’s clearly doing a great job but to be regarded as Wigans greatest is a stretch at the moment.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9373
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature
13145_1273270974.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13145.jpg



He's got a great opportunity over the next few years to be known as Wigan's best.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1584
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature
5252.jpg
:CHEF: <l> _/\_:5252.jpg



Madge was instrumental in the revival of the club. Taking that group of underperformers and strolling to the league and grand final in his 1st season was an incredible achievement . I don't known f his methods were sustainable though. He hasn't had a period of sustained success.

We won't ever know if Peet is capable of turning a club around like Madge did unless he gets bored at Wigan and decides he needs to test himself by taking on a project club.

It is probably too early to say Peet is our best ever coach. He definitely has potential to be. The spirit in the team is better than I have ever seen. The players seem to genuinely love Peet, and the relationships within the team seem really strong too which stems from the culture Peet has instilled. That says to me that theres a good chance that the success we've had is sustainable over the long term. Peet could well be our Fergie

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29482
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg



Too early yet but it’s some start. The rebuild of the side since Lam has been so impressive, so whoever is responsible for choosing who to target and bring in deserves huge credit. I presume Peet plays a massive part in that. We needed centres, we got King, Wardle and Keighran. We needed props, we got Dupree, Thompson, Ellis, Cooper etc. It’s been pinpoint and a roaring success, that has helped fill the holes in the team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature

:



The problem Peet will face, which the likes of Lowe and Monie never did, is the struggle to keep his team together.

Lowe and Monie constructed a dynasty based around the Hanley, Gregory and Edwards triumvirate, which progressed through various configurations, with most of the key individuals - not just the pivots, but star forwards, wideout attackers etc - remaining in Cherry and White until they were veterans.

Unfortunately, Peet will have a hard battle getting long-term quality out of the likes of Smith, Nsemba, Havard etc, as the NRL will pinch them before they even reach their peak. And then he'll have to do the whole thing all over again.

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player90No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature

:



Mark of the best coaches though is that they can break a team up and do it again a couple of years later thats the acid test that Peet will face in due course hes got to decide if certain players such as Hampshire are blocking the up and coming kids, how long now does he keep Keirghan?these are questions that are immediate future that he has to grasp, yes Eckersley is still young but hes not been out of place in the games hes played..these tough questions are coming now and it'll be interesting to see how Peet handles it all.

Rather well I suspect

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9373
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature
13145_1273270974.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13145.jpg



Quote: Stranger "Mark of the best coaches though is that they can break a team up and do it again a couple of years later thats the acid test that Peet will face in due course hes got to decide if certain players such as Hampshire are blocking the up and coming kids, how long now does he keep Keirghan?these are questions that are immediate future that he has to grasp, yes Eckersley is still young but hes not been out of place in the games hes played..these tough questions are coming now and it'll be interesting to see how Peet handles it all.

Rather well I suspect'"


Agreed and sometimes it may mean cutting ties with a player who may have another year in them to ensure that younger players get their opportunity for a longer run. An example would be Mike Cooper who's shown in the big games this year that he's still high quality but maybe the right time for him to move on at the end of the year so Harvie Hill gets his time. Isa the same for Nsemba. Hampshire for Farrimond.

The Keighran/Eckersley battle will be interesting over the next couple of years.

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player1926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature

:



Quote: MadDogg "Agreed and sometimes it may mean cutting ties with a player who may have another year in them to ensure that younger players get their opportunity for a longer run. An example would be Mike Cooper who's shown in the big games this year that he's still high quality but maybe the right time for him to move on at the end of the year so Harvie Hill gets his time. Isa the same for Nsemba. Hampshire for Farrimond.

The Keighran/Eckersley battle will be interesting over the next couple of years.'"


But we need to maintain a strong squad to ensure that there is competition for places.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20267No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg



Quote: Cruncher "The problem Peet will face, which the likes of Lowe and Monie never did, is the struggle to keep his team together.

Lowe and Monie constructed a dynasty based around the Hanley, Gregory and Edwards triumvirate, which progressed through various configurations, with most of the key individuals - not just the pivots, but star forwards, wideout attackers etc - remaining in Cherry and White until they were veterans.

Unfortunately, Peet will have a hard battle getting long-term quality out of the likes of Smith, Nsemba, Havard etc, as the NRL will pinch them before they even reach their peak. And then he'll have to do the whole thing all over again.'"


I think one of the biggest successes under Peet is the clarity of our succession planning.

We have players like Walters, Eseh, Hill, Eckersley who all at other clubs are in the 17 every week, plus the likes of Douglas and Farrimond riding hard on the rails behind them.

This for me is a big part of future proofing the club as part of those risks and challenges of keeping the team together.

We lose KPP and Smithies last year and it’s the reality is as a team we have not missed a beat.

Second row is my area of concern moving forward with Faz and Isa clearly at the back end if their career and obviously risks over our ability to retain Nsemba who is bound to attract interest. I’m not seeing too much depth in the club beyond that beyond Walters and maybe the Chan project as we look to adapt him to be more comfortable in that department.

tyr
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach433
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature

"I have this system where I support England first, then the other Home Nations, then the rest of the Commonwealth, then the rest of the World, then France.":



This is more of an off-season topic but I love these sorts of things. Firstly, I would look at who the competition is. This would be my shortlist.

Shaun Wane - 7 seasons in charge. 3 Grand Final wins, 1 League Leader's Shield, 1 WCC, 1 Challenge Cup. Also reached two more Grand Finals and one more Challenge Cup Final. Won the double in 2013. Under Wane Wigan were noted for defensive grit and a team that relied on mobility and stamina to wear the opposition down, rather than size and power, or flair and creativity. Wane’s teams were frequently criticised for being dull to watch, and this was a criticism that seemed to grow as his tenure lasted. Nevertheless, Wane achieved considerable success and did so with a team that was very much based around local talent, many of whom he had previously coached in the academy setup. The other question is how much of Wane’s success was owed to the foundation built by the previous coach, Michael Maguire, who was generally recognised as having transformed Wigan from also-rans to a genuine top-tier side. It cannot be ignored that Wane was part of that coaching setup as well, being Maguire’s assistant.

Michael Maguire – 2 seasons in charge. 1 Grand Final win, 1 League Leader’s Shield, 1 Challenge Cup. When Michael Maguire came to Wigan the club had gone five seasons without appearing in a final, seven without winning a trophy and ten seasons without being crowned champions, all things that would have been unthinkable at any point in the 1990s. Under previous coach Brian Noble the team had been regular, but unconvincing, play-off contenders. Without drastically changing the squad, Maguire led the team to a dominant championship in his first season. Wigan under Maguire were a well-drilled outfit, brutal and uncompromising in defence but able to unlock defences with skill and pace. Wigan followed their championship with a terrific Challenge Cup win, which saw them knock out holders Warrington in the quarter-finals, arch-rivals St Helens in the semis and finally defeat Leeds Rhinos in an excellent final. After that it was perhaps somewhat disappointing that they did not kick on and reach the Grand Final again.

John Monie – 6 seasons in charge, 1 spell of 4 years, 1 spell of 2. 5 Championships, including the inaugural Grand Final, 4 Challenge Cups, 1 WCC, numerous other trophies that would take too long to mention. In plain terms of trophies delivered, John Monie easily wins this competition. With four consecutive league and cup doubles, Monie stands alone as the most dominant coach in British rugby league history. The question that always dogs assessments of his reign is that of how much of his success was down to inheriting a team that was already the best in the competition. Monie’s second period in charge of the club was not as successful as his first, but still saw Wigan finish top of the league in 1998, after a couple of seasons off the top, reach the Challenge Cup Final and win the first ever Super League Grand Final. The recurring criticism of Monie’s initial run is that “anyone could have done it” but the truth is, “anyone” didn’t do it – he did.

Graham Lowe – 3 seasons in charge. 1 Championships, 2 Challenge Cups, 1 WCC, various other trophies. The way in which Graham Lowe laid the foundation for what John Monie achieved is somewhat similar to what Michael Maguire did before Shaun Wane took over. Before Lowe took over Wigan had finally ended a trophy drought dating back to the 1960s when they won the 84/85 Challenge Cup. However, it was Lowe who was to build that success from a one-off to a dynasty. He brought in top players from his native New Zealand, who would go on to become club legends, and he began the 8 in a row Challenge Cups that is the most famous winning streak in rugby league history.

Jim Sullivan – 20 (!) years in charge. 5 Championships, 2 Challenge Cups. Player coach from 1932, Jim Sullivan’s era is obviously hard to compare to later ones, but he absolutely belongs in any discussion of Wigan’s greatest coach. Jim had already led Wigan to one championship as captain and coach before he retired from playing in 1946 and focused solely on coaching. Between then and leaving the club in 1952 he then won another 4 championships as well as 2 Challenge Cups, making Wigan indisputably the dominant force of the era. He then went on to similar success at St Helens, taking them from a relatively mediocre club to a true top side and making sure that the Wigan-Saints rivalry would become one of the great British sporting rivalries.

So, while I think Matt Peet has already put himself very much on this list, I definitely think it is still too early to say that he has surpassed all of these men. For me, Monie remains the best. He took what was undeniably a great team but transformed them into a relentless winning machine that may never be matched. I would say Lowe and Sullivan follow close behind. Maguire’s impact on the club can’t be denied but two seasons is just not enough to quite put him in the same bracket as the others on this list, in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7752
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg



Quote: tyr "This is more of an off-season topic but I love these sorts of things. Firstly, I would look at who the competition is. This would be my shortlist.

Shaun Wane - 7 seasons in charge. 3 Grand Final wins, 1 League Leader's Shield, 1 WCC, 1 Challenge Cup. Also reached two more Grand Finals and one more Challenge Cup Final. Won the double in 2013. Under Wane Wigan were noted for defensive grit and a team that relied on mobility and stamina to wear the opposition down, rather than size and power, or flair and creativity. Wane’s teams were frequently criticised for being dull to watch, and this was a criticism that seemed to grow as his tenure lasted. Nevertheless, Wane achieved considerable success and did so with a team that was very much based around local talent, many of whom he had previously coached in the academy setup. The other question is how much of Wane’s success was owed to the foundation built by the previous coach, Michael Maguire, who was generally recognised as having transformed Wigan from also-rans to a genuine top-tier side. It cannot be ignored that Wane was part of that coaching setup as well, being Maguire’s assistant.

Michael Maguire – 2 seasons in charge. 1 Grand Final win, 1 League Leader’s Shield, 1 Challenge Cup. When Michael Maguire came to Wigan the club had gone five seasons without appearing in a final, seven without winning a trophy and ten seasons without being crowned champions, all things that would have been unthinkable at any point in the 1990s. Under previous coach Brian Noble the team had been regular, but unconvincing, play-off contenders. Without drastically changing the squad, Maguire led the team to a dominant championship in his first season. Wigan under Maguire were a well-drilled outfit, brutal and uncompromising in defence but able to unlock defences with skill and pace. Wigan followed their championship with a terrific Challenge Cup win, which saw them knock out holders Warrington in the quarter-finals, arch-rivals St Helens in the semis and finally defeat Leeds Rhinos in an excellent final. After that it was perhaps somewhat disappointing that they did not kick on and reach the Grand Final again.

John Monie – 6 seasons in charge, 1 spell of 4 years, 1 spell of 2. 5 Championships, including the inaugural Grand Final, 4 Challenge Cups, 1 WCC, numerous other trophies that would take too long to mention. In plain terms of trophies delivered, John Monie easily wins this competition. With four consecutive league and cup doubles, Monie stands alone as the most dominant coach in British rugby league history. The question that always dogs assessments of his reign is that of how much of his success was down to inheriting a team that was already the best in the competition. Monie’s second period in charge of the club was not as successful as his first, but still saw Wigan finish top of the league in 1998, after a couple of seasons off the top, reach the Challenge Cup Final and win the first ever Super League Grand Final. The recurring criticism of Monie’s initial run is that “anyone could have done it” but the truth is, “anyone” didn’t do it – he did.

Graham Lowe – 4 seasons in charge. 2 Championships, 3 Challenge Cups, 1 WCC, various other trophies. The way in which Graham Lowe laid the foundation for what John Monie achieved is somewhat similar to what Michael Maguire did before Shaun Wane took over. Before Lowe took over Wigan had finally ended a trophy drought dating back to the 1960s when they won the 84/85 Challenge Cup. However, it was Lowe who was to build that success from a one-off to a dynasty. He brought in top players from his native New Zealand, who would go on to become club legends, and he began the 8 in a row Challenge Cups that is the most famous winning streak in rugby league history.

Jim Sullivan – 20 (!) years in charge. 5 Championships, 2 Challenge Cups. Player coach from 1932, Jim Sullivan’s era is obviously hard to compare to later ones, but he absolutely belongs in any discussion of Wigan’s greatest coach. Jim had already led Wigan to one championship as captain and coach before he retired from playing in 1946 and focused solely on coaching. Between then and leaving the club in 1952 he then won another 4 championships as well as 2 Challenge Cups, making Wigan indisputably the dominant force of the era. He then went on to similar success at St Helens, taking them from a relatively mediocre club to a true top side and making sure that the Wigan-Saints rivalry would become one of the great British sporting rivalries.

So, while I think Matt Peet has already put himself very much on this list, I definitely think it is still too early to say that he has surpassed all of these men. For me, Monie remains the best. He took what was undeniably a great team but transformed them into a relentless winning machine that may never be matched. I would say Lowe and Sullivan follow close behind. Maguire’s impact on the club can’t be denied but two seasons is just not enough to quite put him in the same bracket as the others on this list, in my opinion.'"


One small point
Lowe only did 3 season and won 1 championship (Widnes winning the other 2 in 88 and 89).

tyr
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach433
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature

"I have this system where I support England first, then the other Home Nations, then the rest of the Commonwealth, then the rest of the World, then France.":



Quote: Jukesays "One small point
Lowe only did 3 season and won 1 championship (Widnes winning the other 2 in 88 and 89).'"


D'oh! Quite right, I somehow gave him Monie's first season as well. Now edited.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain56No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature
76131_1502109051.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76131.jpg



Major honours (League title, Challenge Cup, WCC)

John Monie - 10
Jim Sullivan - 7
Shaun Wane - 6
Matt Peet, Graham Lowe, Graeme West - 4

Peet has potential to top that list if he sticks around and we carry on this trajectory with success

Edit - just noted someone already posted a much more detailed analysis of the above.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29482
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
0
100
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Location
Signature
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg



Talking of honours, an interesting article has been published by Love Rugby League about trophies won by all the Superleague clubs. We're only 54 clear of second place! Plenty of Rugby League fans like to throw around the idea that from the late 80's to the mid 90's we bought every trophy we won, so if those people want to remove all those from the tally, we'll only be in.......1st place icon_biggrin.gif

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ra ... up-triumph
Talking of honours, an interesting article has been published by Love Rugby League about trophies won by all the Superleague clubs. We're only 54 clear of second place! Plenty of Rugby League fans like to throw around the idea that from the late 80's to the mid 90's we bought every trophy we won, so if those people want to remove all those from the tally, we'll only be in.......1st place icon_biggrin.gif

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ra ... up-triumph


21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps



All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.



Please Support RLFANS.COM


2.634765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
26m
Recruitment rumours and links
Bunkaib
2746
Recent
Film game
karetaker
335
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
38420
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
60666
Recent
Pies at home
boardwalkemp
141
Recent
2024 l Academy Scholarship & Reserves News
Neruda
200
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
2604
Recent
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
2551
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
38420
1m
Pies at home
boardwalkemp
141
2m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
batleyrhino
9312
2m
Tonights match v Saints
karetaker
171
3m
Round 19 Huddersfield Away
Backwoodsman
8
3m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
2551
3m
Shopping list for 2025
Binosh
3564
3m
John Bateman
The Speculat
2
4m
FC v hull kr
ComeOnYouUll
179
5m
Toulouse game
Redscat
172
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Season over for Litten
RockNRolla
2
TODAY
Catlans away
RockNRolla
6
TODAY
John Bateman
The Speculat
2
TODAY
Round 19 Huddersfield Away
Backwoodsman
8
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity v Featherstone Rovers
Trojan Horse
9
TODAY
Widnes A
Bull Mania
4
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 19
Broadacres
8
TODAY
Dons v Barrow Sunday 28/7/24 3pm
Jemmo
4
TODAY
Not a good signing for the Robins in my opion
Huddersfield
1
TODAY
Briers in coming back to UK
The Biffs Ba
4
TODAY
Could/Should We Go In For This Fella
Cokey
9
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Wigan Away
Old Man John
5
TODAY
Battling Tigers Beat The Dragons
RLFANS News
1
TODAY
Bailey Hodgson signing - apparently
LeythIg
5
TODAY
What a difference
Gazzagiant2
1
TODAY
Max
homme vaste
22
TODAY
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headingley Thriller
RLFANS News
1
TODAY
Adam Holroyd
ninearches
8
TODAY
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Saints With Epic Win
RLFANS News
1
TODAY
Corey Hall re-Signed
The Chin's B
12
TODAY
Tonights match v Saints
karetaker
171
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
410
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
507
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
532
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
654
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
1142
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
1132
KR win the Hull Derby to Into ..
1178
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
1220
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
947
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
1563
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
2281
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
2268
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
2903
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
2195
Big Win for England Women Over..
2082
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 2,516 80,08714,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 17th Aug
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R22
13:00
Hull FC
v
LondonB
15:30
Wigan
v
St.Helens
18:00
Warrington
v
Leeds
 Sun 18th Aug
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R22
13:00
Leigh
v
Salford
15:30
Catalans
v
Hull KR
18:00
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 21st Jul
CH 18 Barrow8-6Sheffield
CH 18 Batley29-22Dewsbury
CH 18 Bradford36-28York
CH 18 Halifax20-24Widnes
CH 18 Swinton20-22Whitehaven
L1 16 Cornwall8-30Workington
L1 16 Crusaders16-46Hunslet
L1 16 Oldham44-6Keighley
L1 16 Rochdale14-10Midlands
WSL2024 9 York V10-18WiganW
WSL2024 9 BarrowW10-28LeedsW
WSL2024 9 Hudds W46-8FeatherstoneW
NRL 20 Penrith28-26Dolphins
NRL 20 Manly38-8Gold Coast
NRL 20 NQL Cowboys20-18Canterbury
SL 18 Castleford24-18Catalans
Sat 20th Jul
CH 18 Featherstone12-24Doncaster
WSL2024 9 St.HelensW82-0Wire W
NRL 20 Souths42-28Wests
NRL 20 Newcastle14-30Brisbane
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 17 465 206 259 28
Warrington 18 460 241 219 26
Hull KR 18 441 239 202 26
St.Helens 18 451 210 241 22
Catalans 18 342 258 84 22
Salford 18 325 344 -19 22
 
Leeds 18 321 336 -15 18
Leigh 17 326 272 54 15
Huddersfield 18 330 393 -63 14
Castleford 18 304 473 -169 13
Hull FC 18 252 542 -290 6
LondonB 18 182 685 -503 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 16 538 188 350 30
Sheffield 16 410 259 151 22
Toulouse 15 410 214 196 21
Bradford 16 391 272 119 21
Widnes 16 385 301 84 19
Featherstone 16 422 313 109 16
 
Batley 16 268 344 -76 16
Doncaster 16 281 380 -99 15
York 17 394 341 53 14
Swinton 16 338 388 -50 12
Whitehaven 16 312 478 -166 12
Barrow 15 225 421 -196 12
Halifax 16 296 443 -147 10
Dewsbury 17 218 502 -284 2
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
26m
Recruitment rumours and links
Bunkaib
2746
Recent
Film game
karetaker
335
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
38420
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
60666
Recent
Pies at home
boardwalkemp
141
Recent
2024 l Academy Scholarship & Reserves News
Neruda
200
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
2604
Recent
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
2551
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
38420
1m
Pies at home
boardwalkemp
141
2m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
batleyrhino
9312
2m
Tonights match v Saints
karetaker
171
3m
Round 19 Huddersfield Away
Backwoodsman
8
3m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
2551
3m
Shopping list for 2025
Binosh
3564
3m
John Bateman
The Speculat
2
4m
FC v hull kr
ComeOnYouUll
179
5m
Toulouse game
Redscat
172
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Season over for Litten
RockNRolla
2
TODAY
Catlans away
RockNRolla
6
TODAY
John Bateman
The Speculat
2
TODAY
Round 19 Huddersfield Away
Backwoodsman
8
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity v Featherstone Rovers
Trojan Horse
9
TODAY
Widnes A
Bull Mania
4
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 19
Broadacres
8
TODAY
Dons v Barrow Sunday 28/7/24 3pm
Jemmo
4
TODAY
Not a good signing for the Robins in my opion
Huddersfield
1
TODAY
Briers in coming back to UK
The Biffs Ba
4
TODAY
Could/Should We Go In For This Fella
Cokey
9
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Wigan Away
Old Man John
5
TODAY
Battling Tigers Beat The Dragons
RLFANS News
1
TODAY
Bailey Hodgson signing - apparently
LeythIg
5
TODAY
What a difference
Gazzagiant2
1
TODAY
Max
homme vaste
22
TODAY
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headingley Thriller
RLFANS News
1
TODAY
Adam Holroyd
ninearches
8
TODAY
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Saints With Epic Win
RLFANS News
1
TODAY
Corey Hall re-Signed
The Chin's B
12
TODAY
Tonights match v Saints
karetaker
171
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
410
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
507
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
532
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
654
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
1142
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
1132
KR win the Hull Derby to Into ..
1178
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
1220
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
947
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
1563
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
2281
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
2268
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
2903
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
2195
Big Win for England Women Over..
2082


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!