JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jonh "Looks like the others rumoured to be involved have been disciplined and not picked.

No Graham, Hardaker of MM in squad.'"

And every other player who hasn't made the squad is now implicated by the non naming of the other guilty players involved in the drinking session.
That is why people are questioning the way this has been handled.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8768No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4083_1711972570.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4083.jpeg

Quote: Father Ted "I think the ignoring of the alcohol ban is a reflection on McNamara.
From many England displays its been apparant to me that the players are not playing for him. Italy must have been hard to take.
The RFL appointing McNamara was the initial problem. Then, after one poor display after another retaining him was a further mistake.
Everyone knows from his days at Bradford he's not even a quality SL coach. The idea he has the ability an International coach requires is absurd.'"

McNamara is not the first coach and won't be the last who has had to deal with players ignoring the rules - its hard to think of a coach who has not had to deal with this and to assume this is a reflection on him feels a little unfair.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18737No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16493_1299497226.jpg
[quote="king warrior":prbr924b]Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week Got to say this is a top signing[/quote:prbr924b]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16493.jpg

Quote: dany1979 "McNamara is not the first coach and won't be the last who has had to deal with players ignoring the rules - its hard to think of a coach who has not had to deal with this and to assume this is a reflection on him feels a little unfair.'"

Correct. Bigger, better and more experienced managers in all sports have been disobeyed by players.

I'm not a massive fan of McNamara but this certainly isn't a stick we should be using to beat him with.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1003
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62118_1550845628.png
Everything [i:1c0rjla2]is [/i:1c0rjla2]Awesome:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62118.png

Quote: Pemps "certainly isn't a stick we should be using to beat him with.'"

Tell that to the parasitical ambulance chasers in the press foaming at the mouth to try to manufacture problems for the team.
Why do those dried-up-leavings-from-dead-slugs try to cause issues for any GB/England team (of any sport) ahead of any tournament of this kind? icon_evil.gif
Never mind Leveson, I'd gladly send the lot of 'em off to North Korea on a one way ticket & let's see how they get on there.
a026.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A report on the BBC News website (R/L) page states that Steve McNamara walked out of a press conference this afternoon after being asked repeatedly about disciplinary problems within the squad, especially Gareth Hock.

Taken from the article.
McNamara became frustrated as he was questioned on disciplinary issues and said: "I'm not going to answer any more questions on it. If you want to continue asking the questions, then we'll wrap up now."

McNamara briefly went on to talk about the match against Australia but ended the session abruptly when asked about Hock.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18737No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16493_1299497226.jpg
[quote="king warrior":prbr924b]Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week Got to say this is a top signing[/quote:prbr924b]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16493.jpg

Quote: stillinthepast "A report on the BBC News website (R/L) page states that Steve McNamara walked out of a press conference this afternoon after being asked repeatedly about disciplinary problems within the squad, especially Gareth Hock.

Taken from the article.
McNamara became frustrated as he was questioned on disciplinary issues and said
I really don't blame him. Lets talk about the up coming game not the Gareth Hock roadshow.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18737No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16493_1299497226.jpg

I really do think it's time people started getting behind the team rather than moaning about the coaching, players etc. It really is like Wigan's season all over again. Nowt worse than Rugby fans.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
63362_1317664225.jpg
[b:35jm31e6][color=#FF0040:35jm31e6]Formerly known as Moonlight Flit[/color:35jm31e6][/b:35jm31e6]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_63362.jpg

Our press certainly seem to be focussing on the negative on reading todays report. I wonder why they didn't 'probe' the 'goings on' when an Australian player (Josh Papalii)was involved a short while ago?

rlhttp://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/australian-rugby-league-player-robbed-6201718rl

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2185
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2572.jpg
Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness. Pablo Picasso:2572.jpg

More mis-management from the RFL.
If they had made a full statement previously, there would have no need for this. this could have started the press conference stating "weve told you about hock and the others. that done now. lets talk about tomorrow"
by only telling half the story and refusing to explain further about the rest of the details, they have been forced to answer these legitimate questions at the next conference.
what did they expect ? if you leave a journo with such a half baked story, do you expect them to just say "nuff said. over to you RFL"

bunch of amateurs

the first thing that the RFL need to do with any profits from the World Cup is to employ a decent PR guru to stop these stupid, avoidable own goals.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2185
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2572.jpg
Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness. Pablo Picasso:2572.jpg

and relax .... feeling better now

hopefully the siege mentality will kick in tomorrow and we'll see a good game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1522No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60422_1310296726.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60422.jpg

In years to come these players will look back and say "what on earth was I doing standing at a bar with Gareth Hock a week before the world cup? what was I thinking?" and thats after playing a shocker against Italy.....

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4083_1711972570.jpeg

Quote: ShortArse "More mis-management from the RFL.
If they had made a full statement previously, there would have no need for this. this could have started the press conference stating "weve told you about hock and the others. that done now. lets talk about tomorrow"
by only telling half the story and refusing to explain further about the rest of the details, they have been forced to answer these legitimate questions at the next conference.
what did they expect ? if you leave a journo with such a half baked story, do you expect them to just say "nuff said. over to you RFL"

bunch of amateurs

the first thing that the RFL need to do with any profits from the World Cup is to employ a decent PR guru to stop these stupid, avoidable own goals.'"

Brian Noble said something very similar on television prior to the England - Australia match earlier - he said that had the matter been nipped in the bud earlier in the week then this would of prevented the media focus on the issue throughout the whole week which resulted in Steve McNamara having to face question after question during the conference.

I actually don't blame McNamara for walking out of the conference - he did warn them more than once and again he is not the first coach to do this - however as head coach could he have influenced the RFL to make a statement earlier in the week or is that down to the RFL themselves? Either way I agree that the issue could of been handled more smartly.

I always thought his appointment as head coach was questionable given his record at Bradford but he has actually gone up in my estimation after the last few days and his England Team impressed against Australia despite coming up short and despite the drama of the disciplinary issues this week.

As for Hock I actually find the whole thing really sad - I say this partly because since he burst onto the scene with Wigan he has always been my favourite player - outstanding natural ability and one of the few who could genuinely cause any team problems. Now his career looks in tatters and what is worse is that he does not seem to realise it.

A sad waste because he could of been one of the very best yet he has been reduced to trading insults with people on twitter.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: dany1979 "Brian Noble said something very similar on television prior to the England - Australia match earlier - he said that had the matter been nipped in the bud earlier in the week then this would of prevented the media focus on the issue throughout the whole week which resulted in Steve McNamara having to face question after question during the conference.

I actually don't blame McNamara for walking out of the conference - he did warn them more than once and again he is not the first coach to do this - however as head coach could he have influenced the RFL to make a statement earlier in the week or is that down to the RFL themselves? Either way I agree that the issue could of been handled more smartly.

I always thought his appointment as head coach was questionable given his record at Bradford but he has actually gone up in my estimation after the last few days and his England Team impressed against Australia despite coming up short and despite the drama of the disciplinary issues this week.

As for Hock I actually find the whole thing really sad - I say this partly because since he burst onto the scene with Wigan he has always been my favourite player - outstanding natural ability and one of the few who could genuinely cause any team problems. Now his career looks in tatters and what is worse is that he does not seem to realise it.

A sad waste because he could of been one of the very best yet he has been reduced to trading insults with people on twitter.'"

Because lads like Gareth don't have it in their DNA to accept they are ever at fault.

Unfortunately, he is part of a culture for whom there is no longer any place in professional sport. It demands sacrifice, discipline, responsibility and the intellect to recognise that you will be required to give everything you've got, body and soul, for the duration of your short career - none of which Gareth possesses.

It doesn't help that he is apparently surrounded by people who constantly tell him what a great talent he is. Once, maybe, he could have been a great talent. In reality, he blew that a long time ago. All he'll be remembered as now, and rightly so, is a player who was occasionally better-than-average, and though he had it in him to be a bit more than that, never fulfilled even half of his early potential.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3922
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65656_1708941604.jpg
[size=95:2obtgspq]23 LEAGUE TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]21 CHALLENGE CUPS[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]5 WORLD TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [b:2obtgspq][color=#FF0000:2obtgspq][size=100:2obtgspq]SAYS IT ALL REALLY[/size:2obtgspq][/color:2obtgspq][/b:2obtgspq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65656.jpg

Quote: dany1979 " I always thought his appointment as head coach was questionable given his record at Bradford but he has actually gone up in my estimation after the last few days and his England Team impressed against Australia despite coming up short and despite the drama of the disciplinary issues this week. '"

You must be one of the few people in world RL to think this.

The guy is a joke and I doubt the England performance, or should I say the Burgess performance, yesterday had anything to do with that proven failure of a coach. At the end of the day the Burgess boys are world class players and were always going to perform. They are big athletic lads who will always attract defenders and make yards in the tackle. Lets not mistake those guys doing their job as something positive that Mcbanana has done.

The fact that their top level NRL experience shone out makes the decision to drop Graham, who himself is in that elite forward class, even more of a joke. There are certainly other ways to discipline players i.e hitting their wallets instead of making the team weaker.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4083_1711972570.jpeg

Quote: sergeant pepper "You must be one of the few people in world RL to think this.

The guy is a joke and I doubt the England performance, or should I say the Burgess performance, yesterday had anything to do with that proven failure of a coach. At the end of the day the Burgess boys are world class players and were always going to perform. They are big athletic lads who will always attract defenders and make yards in the tackle. Lets not mistake those guys doing their job as something positive that Mcbanana has done.

The fact that their top level NRL experience shone out makes the decision to drop Graham, who himself is in that elite forward class, even more of a joke. There are certainly other ways to discipline players i.e hitting their wallets instead of making the team weaker.'"

Despite the many talented players in the England team (including the Burgess boys) I saw many supporters and the media writing that they expected England to implode against Australia and this did not happen.

Now, if Australia had won the game easily I can give a good guess where many people would be pointing the finger (McNamara) but the players stuck at it where in the past their heads had dropped (despite having some very talented players in the team).

With regard to Graham I agree that he is an elite forward but despite this I don't agree that he should be treated any differently from any other player and despite rumours of drinking we still do not know exactly what happened - Is Steve McNamara a poor coach for dropping a world class player for breaking the rules before an important game? I think thats unfair IMO especially when you consider that many other coaches (inc the greats) have made the same decision.

If rumours are to be believed and Graham did break a drinking ban than I know who I blame for that one.

181 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
181 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
moto748
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
Recent
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
Recent
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
Recent
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
1m
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
1m
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
1m
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
2m
Rumours thread
PopTart
2m
Film game
Boss Hog
3m
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
3m
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
3m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
3m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,127 ↑25280,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22