JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I hope Noble does get sacked or walks away. The reason being i am sick to death of idiots like Jonh,Diesel and DaveO blaming Noble for everything and desperate for the man to fail. All those bandwagoners who have jumped on the truck should hold there heads in shame as well as the majority of you blasted Lindsay and Whelan no end for sacking coaches and claimed we needed stability. Sacking coaches was what triggered the downfall of Wigan in the first place and led to new coaches wanting to change the squad around time and time again. Noble has half built the team yet is still missing vital players in key positions. If you think any coach could do better with such a poor front row and a cr@p 7 and inexperienced 6 then you need a reality check. The days of teams lying down and rolling over for Wigan have long gone and the facts are teams have overtook us and the salary cap has made sure that the competition is more even and anybody can beat anybody. The only way to sucseed nowaday is to build a team over a good few years and get some stabilty across the board not press the panic button when things are not going right. Warrington pressed the panic button with Cullen and have gone backwards if anything and have shown little sign of improvement under Tony Smith who the Noble haters regard as a master coach.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Orrell Lad "I think you're perhaps clutching at straws there and I'd also suggest that the gym and entire facility at Orrell is used extensively by the club and will be for many years to come.'"

What i am saying with conviction is that the money spent on equiping that gym from what i have seen has not been well spent if you are looking at a functional aspect of training rugby league athletes, especially if they have access to another facility such as a comercial gym such as a JJB which i understand they did at the time, not sure if that is still the case but at the time the facility was kitted out is was.

Most other clubs have a much poorer budget and invest heavily in functional kit and not the comercial gym kit that there is at Orrell, that is reserved to the partnering gyms in the local community that the club do not have to pay for and infact get paid to use.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Red Hot Jalapeno "I hope Noble does get sacked or walks away. The reason being i am sick to death of idiots like Jonh,Diesel and DaveO blaming Noble for everything and desperate for the man to fail. All those bandwagoners who have jumped on the truck should hold there heads in shame as well as the majority of you blasted Lindsay and Whelan no end for sacking coaches and claimed we needed stability. Sacking coaches was what triggered the downfall of Wigan in the first place and led to new coaches wanting to change the squad around time and time again. Noble has half built the team yet is still missing vital players in key positions. If you think any coach could do better with such a poor front row and a cr@p 7 and inexperienced 6 then you need a reality check. The days of teams lying down and rolling over for Wigan have long gone and the facts are teams have overtook us and the salary cap has made sure that the competition is more even and anybody can beat anybody. The only way to sucseed nowaday is to build a team over a good few years and get some stabilty across the board not press the panic button when things are not going right. Warrington pressed the panic button with Cullen and have gone backwards if anything and have shown little sign of improvement under Tony Smith who the Noble haters regard as a master coach.'"

icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3136No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jonh " icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3019
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22059_1287313089.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22059.gif

Quote: Red Hot Jalapeno "I hope Noble does get sacked or walks away. The reason being i am sick to death of idiots like Jonh,Diesel and DaveO blaming Noble for everything and desperate for the man to fail. All those bandwagoners who have jumped on the truck should hold there heads in shame as well as the majority of you blasted Lindsay and Whelan no end for sacking coaches and claimed we needed stability. Sacking coaches was what triggered the downfall of Wigan in the first place and led to new coaches wanting to change the squad around time and time again. Noble has half built the team yet is still missing vital players in key positions. If you think any coach could do better with such a poor front row and a cr@p 7 and inexperienced 6 then you need a reality check. The days of teams lying down and rolling over for Wigan have long gone and the facts are teams have overtook us and the salary cap has made sure that the competition is more even and anybody can beat anybody. The only way to sucseed nowaday is to build a team over a good few years and get some stabilty across the board not press the panic button when things are not going right. Warrington pressed the panic button with Cullen and have gone backwards if anything and have shown little sign of improvement under Tony Smith who the Noble haters regard as a master coach.'"

Sorry Mate but it seems to me that people with your attitude are the ones that have hindered our Great club, teams have to be built over time but you have to move forward with every brick you place, the bricks we have been placing were either crooked or had no cement (placed by dodgy builders) every brick needs to be placed correctly so that it doesnt lean but supports its foundations..

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Go on admit it, the penny has finally dropped.

Dave

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DaveO "Go on admit it, the penny has finally dropped.

Dave'"

No penny has dropped at all. I can see the obvious that people like you cant Dave. The obvious being that the halfback situation at Wigan is a shambles and the front row is one of the poorest in the league.

We have 2 Scrum Halfs none of which can kick a ball with regular accuracy,one cant tackle and has got off the field problems,the other is a one trick pony who can do nothing but run and step. We started the season with no stand off whatsoever! Its ok saying we have Tomkins but you cannot play a young inexperienced 6 next to a poor 7.

Our forwards are god damn awful. Fielden is finished and cannot break through a paper bag. Coley is a crab and does more sideways running than forwards. Prescot and O'Carrol are kids who should not be outperforming your 2 main front rowers every week and Feka would be ok in a decent team but too much is expected of him at Wigan to come on and win us every game.

And thats before i even talk about the second row of which only Hock looks threatening to the opposition. And i wont even mention the fact that we a winger playing fullback.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Red Hot Jalapeno "No penny has dropped at all. I can see the obvious that people like you cant Dave. The obvious being that the halfback situation at Wigan is a shambles and the front row is one of the poorest in the league.'"

If it is it should have been sorted by now. Noble has been here three years. There is no improvement and that is a fact .

He is the coach and the buck stops with him.

Dave

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DaveO "If it is it should have been sorted by now. Noble has been here three years. There is no improvement and that is a fact .

He is the coach and the buck stops with him.

Dave'"

How can you improve when you lose a player like Trent Barrett and replace him with nobody please explain. You cant and i knew we would be awful this year the minute i found out that we was running with a T & T at 6 and 7. Add on top of that the props are utter garbage and its no wonder we find ourselves losing so many games. Teams get on top of us up front and we lose like today. On the odd occasion we get field position like against Saints we dont have a halfback to open them up. Thats the reason we rely so heavily on Hock running wide playing like a stand off.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3019No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Feb 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8757.jpg
:8757.jpg

Lets just hope this is the scene upon arrival in wigan tomorrow!!

[sizePARKER....YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK...GOODBYE!![/size

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach687No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2010Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23261.gif
saintc wrote. Our fans booing the ref were a fooking embarresment Red Hot Jalapeno wrote i think i speak for pretty much everyone:23261.gif

Oh dear Oh dear... icon_surprised.gifops:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach462
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16522.jpg
"Wigan Athletic - No known famous fans. The town (of Wigan) apparently goes into hibernation when the Rugby League season ends!" Daily Mail Online feature, July 2009 ------------------------------------------------------------- They will not force us, They will stop degrading us, They will not control us, WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS! ............ Wigan RLFC - The Uprising! ----------------------------------------------------------- Wigan footballer Mohamed Diame described the home of mint balls and pies as 'cr**py'. But Tomkins boomed: "I don't want to know what he thinks. I don't even know his name. He only plays for Latics.":16522.jpg

It's our worst start to a season since 1900-01!
icon_surprised.gifops: icon_surprised.gifops:

Noble must go.

The team are unfit, have no idea in attack and are shocking in defence. There are too many players that are liabilities and are pinching a living at our club...yet our coach fails to drop them.

You have to seriously question what the hell they do in training, because on match day they play like a bunch of strangers rather than a team.

Noble was successful at Bradford by having a huge team that beat the opposition into submission - Rugby League has moved on since then and his one-dimensional style of play, in addition to being boring, has failed miserably.

It was interesting watching how Saints simply upped the tempo of the game when we took the lead against them last Thursday - we are not capable of doing that, since our side lacks pace. During the 80s and 90s, Wigan had a Sprint Coach (Bill Hartley being one of them) - the current team don't do track work as part of their training.

I've previously posted elsewhere on this site that we need a complete overhaul of our coaching set-up - there is an over-reliance on former forwards, none of whom were 'flair' players. We need a better balance of high quality, qualified coaches.

A worrying thing is how youngsters at Wigan develop year on year via the U18s and U21s, but their development stops when they reach the first team - we need to urgently address this.

Taxi for Noble icon_exclaim.gif icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED:

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11377
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2960.jpg
:2960.jpg

Quote: Red Hot Jalapeno "No penny has dropped at all. I can see the obvious that people like you cant Dave. The obvious being that the halfback situation at Wigan is a shambles and the front row is one of the poorest in the league.'"

So why did Noble sign a centre (Gleeson) and a winger (Roberts)?

He should have ignored Riddell and Roberts, shifted TL to 9 to play with McIlorum and signed a 7 and a prop.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1209No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
92.gif
:92.gif

Noble to move upstairs in Director of Rugby role and Wane to be given the coaching role until the end of the season would be ideal scenario

Noble is Rugby League through and through, which is why I find some of the comments on this thread despicable, however it is clear for whatever reason that he is unable to coach this current side. And for that reason, a change must be made.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member739No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2219.gif
:2219.gif

I would say you need Farrell in in some capacity to dish out a few bollockings. Kept you guys going for years towards the end of his time with you just through sheer leadership IMO. I've said for a few years now that if Farrell was captain still he wouldn't let your players get away with some of the rubbish you see

190 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
190 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.0751953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Armavinit
1m
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
UllFC
2m