FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > How thick/ignorant are some wiganers?
107 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4988No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4189.gif
[url=http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=438945:10t289j2][img:10t289j2]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sig.gif[/img:10t289j2][/url:10t289j2]:4189.gif

East is on a par class wise with the West then Geoff icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4601-27sowhat-msnicons.gif
"and Boston has scored yet again!".:icons3ae4_files/4601-27sowhat-msnicons.gif

Quote: king warrior "They clearly said a min after the guy did his thing when people started clapping i looked at lads and we was all like wtf

Fair play to that guy who shouted very loud 'shut the **** up''"

What a charming riposte to the clapping from that chap! I am sure all the families around him would have been absolutely delighted at that comment (as i am sure that the servicemen would) I think the clapping was a genuine response to the bugler`s performance and I don't think the servicemen will have taken offence. What was offensive was the "chavtastic " shenanigans in the south stand.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach31No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Conroy "It's true. The area around the stadium is a dive.'"

Most of East London is barely a step above being ghetto status.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40493_1265331809.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40493.jpg

To be fair to everyone the guy that shouted (audible from the 40 line in the East Stand might I add) actually shouted

"Have some respect!"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2010Jun 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We (myself and my daughter) sat in west stand for 3 years, eventually being bullied out, because most fans just want to sit and watch the rugby with no banter.

We have sat mainly at the front of the south stand since then (next4years), for last 3 matches only have been sitting at back of south stand.

Having now read all the post beining to end on this thread alot of the comment are in fact from the thick/ignorant/bigotted wigan supporters. Who the heck do you lot think you are?

I have read here, comments about the houses around the area. Let me remind you that they put up with the DW, people parking on their fronts, crowds etc. They where there a long time before us.
As for people saying lets weed out the people you dont like at the match, can i suggest if you cant get along nicely with others, and appreciate thier differences maybe it should be you who stops coming.
Seems to me that alot of the comments on this thread are by people who enjoy running others down, to make themselves look/feel better. Well it doesnt makes you loook like petty small minded people imo.

Recently there is a minutes silence before most matches for one reason or another. In ll the years I have attended the match it has been observed well. This time the running order was changed, and from personal expierience the tannoy was inaudible. A big mix up in communications. Thats what happened, nothing more, no need for a witch hunt.

For those saying they've had enough, and moving stands - heres my suggestion, do it! The south stand is a family stand, which yes means children, and teenagers also.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17252No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3369.jpg
:3369.jpg

Quote: up and under "We (myself and my daughter) sat in west stand for 3 years, eventually being bullied out, because most fans just want to sit and watch the rugby with no banter.

We have sat mainly at the front of the south stand since then (next4years), for last 3 matches only have been sitting at back of south stand.

Having now read all the post beining to end on this thread alot of the comment are in fact from the thick/ignorant/bigotted wigan supporters. Who the heck do you lot think you are?

I have read here, comments about the houses around the area. Let me remind you that they put up with the DW, people parking on their fronts, crowds etc. They where there a long time before us.
As for people saying lets weed out the people you dont like at the match, can i suggest if you cant get along nicely with others, and appreciate thier differences maybe it should be you who stops coming.
Seems to me that alot of the comments on this thread are by people who enjoy running others down, to make themselves look/feel better. Well it doesnt makes you loook like petty small minded people imo.

Recently there is a minutes silence before most matches for one reason or another. In ll the years I have attended the match it has been observed well. This time the running order was changed, and from personal expierience the tannoy was inaudible. A big mix up in communications. Thats what happened, nothing more, no need for a witch hunt.

For those saying they've had enough, and moving stands - heres my suggestion, do it! The south stand is a family stand, which yes means children, and teenagers also.'"

Are you denying that we have a problem in the south stand with certain young trouble, causing idiots who sit at the top and middle?

I don't know why you've taken it so personal. Like you, I sit at the top of the south stand too like many others who use these forums and simply had enough of seeing stewards running up the steps to kick out chavs for fighting, drinking, smoking etc. Not only that, the behaviour from the same people has been repeated and highlighted at away games too...Do you really want to see them dragging the reputation of our supporters through the mud?

So rather than swap stands (like I have done before) I'd rather highlight it, make people aware of it and tackle it. Maybe you can put up with it but myself and the majority of others won't. The vast majority of people in the South Stand are good, loyal and probably the most vocal supporters within club but there is a small clutch of supporters who are spoiling it for the rest.

AJ
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12903No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1530.gif
:1530.gif

Id love to hear a club response on this and what they are going to do to tackle the South Stand problem

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach706No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ABP' "Are you denying that we have a problem in the south stand with certain young trouble, causing idiots who sit at the top and middle?

I don't know why you've taken it so personal. Like you, I sit at the top of the south stand too like many others who use these forums and simply had enough of seeing stewards running up the steps to kick out chavs for fighting, drinking, smoking etc. Not only that, the behaviour from the same people has been repeated and highlighted at away games too...Do you really want to see them dragging the reputation of our supporters through the mud?

So rather than swap stands (like I have done before) I'd rather highlight it, make people aware of it and tackle it. Maybe you can put up with it but myself and the majority of others won't. The vast majority of people in the South Stand are good, loyal and probably the most vocal supporters within club but there is a small clutch of supporters who are spoiling it for the rest.'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

The chavs are flooding back now we are playing well. They are not too bad when they are focusing on the game and they can make plenty noise but the behaviour which ABP highlights must be stopped. We have a great set of fans and we are getting some fantastic crowds and away followings but nobody wants to see viloent or threatening behaviour, in and outside the ground.

We don't want this turning into something like ES2 at latics games.

On a plus point, the atmosphere is terrible at home games so fairplay to them for trying to create an atmosphere but they are not welcome when causing trouble.

Returning to the original topic of the last post and the minutes silence, its true they probably didn't hear the announcement, I can't really blame them for that. What I can blame them for is afterwards they continued to laughed and clap and make noises. I know alot of people who know people in the forces (including myself) who were pretty annoyed.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17252No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3369.jpg
:3369.jpg

Quote: Odemwingie "Returning to the original topic of the last post and the minutes silence, its true they probably didn't hear the announcement, I can't really blame them for that. What I can blame them for is afterwards they continued to laughed and clap and make noises. I know alot of people who know people in the forces (including myself) who were pretty annoyed.'"

I'll hold my hand up and say my comments in regards to the section of the East stand was probably OTT, and anyone who did clap immediately after maybe didn't hear or were not paying attention.

However, the laughter and shouting that followed the clapping from the section of the south stand was shocking.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10174_1376908073.png
23 - 20 - 4 Warrington led 16-2 in Saturday's Grand Final, but their joy was short-lived as Wigan roared back to win the Super League title and extend the Wire's 58-year wait to be champions:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10174.png

Quote: janort "Most of East London is barely a step above being ghetto status.'"

What's your screen name on Cockney Liar? icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2010Jun 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

No I dont see a problem with the south stand at all, the stewrds have thrown the occasional person out, yes - but that is to be expected. They are not coninually running up and down the stairs. We as supporters are all ready videoed on cctv from the moment we sit down, so any trouble can be icolated as soon as it starts. Yes thet are loud and rowdy at the back of the south stand and im glad. If it wasnt for them sometimes drumming up the chants, im sure we'd go for whole matches in silence. They put time into getting new songs going. Last match was hillarious with oloughlins song/amos song. Im glad there there - and no i dont see a problem, let alone deny it.

people are using this mix up in communication to just have a go.

Oh and by the way, For a thread to be titled "How thick/ignorant are some wiganers?" I Find it quite hillarious the number of posters who clearly have no idea what Chav stands for.
Just for the record Council House and Violent! How does that fit any of the groups you are running down, on this thread - it doesnt. In my opion alot of you lot look like the ignorant ones.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/HAFLING2.JPG
BANG THE DRUM.............BARMY ARMY:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/HAFLING2.JPG

Quote: bikerpie "Same thing happened when Leeds did it on TV 2 or 3 weeks ago, so it's clearly not just a Wigan thing.

They should have broken it down into sections

spot on mate....it only takes 1 person to not understand that the minutes silence isnt why the last posts being played, and we get a ripple effect.

in fairness a lot of people stand in silence why the last posts being played........so they confuse it.

the last post is NOT the minutes silence.......so what would the reaction be if fans/chavs started shouting during the last post??????
nobody tell you to be silent during that do they?? so what if a section decided to sing a song to the tune of the last post why it was being played? nobody can object to that , because nobody has asked for silence.

if they are going to insist on keep doing this then apart from the posters idea whom i have quoted....what about combining the 2 and have the silencve whilst the last post is being played.
tbh after a guy has stood in front of a large crowd playing it , i think he deserves a round of applause.
so i think a rethink is in order over this issue.

and to be fair, there are a large number of people in this country who think our lads shouldnt be there in the first place...so we shouldnt need to do things like this.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47185_1303243654.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47185.jpg

Quote: AJ "Id love to hear a club response on this and what they are going to do to tackle the South Stand problem'"

Would be a good question to ask at the next fans forum

RankPostsTeam
International Star2513No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50582_1268771718.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50582.jpg

Quote: up and under "No I dont see a problem with the south stand at all, the stewrds have thrown the occasional person out, yes - but that is to be expected. They are not coninually running up and down the stairs. We as supporters are all ready videoed on cctv from the moment we sit down, so any trouble can be icolated as soon as it starts. Yes thet are loud and rowdy at the back of the south stand and im glad. If it wasnt for them sometimes drumming up the chants, im sure we'd go for whole matches in silence. They put time into getting new songs going. Last match was hillarious with oloughlins song/amos song. Im glad there there - and no i dont see a problem, let alone deny it.

people are using this mix up in communication to just have a go.

Oh and by the way, For a thread to be titled "How thick/ignorant are some wiganers?" I Find it quite hillarious the number of posters who clearly have no idea what Chav stands for.
Just for the record Council House and Violent! How does that fit any of the groups you are running down, on this thread - it doesnt. In my opion alot of you lot look like the ignorant ones.'"

Racist chanting, laughing at a serious tribute to our troops and constant swearing and drunken behaviour in a family stand is ok is it? Or is that what you call banter? You calling people on here the ignorant ones is frankly laughable.

107 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
107 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.46240234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squad 2024
faxcar
29m
Film game
karetaker
33m