JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Jukesays "It was your words earlier that mentioned getting it wrong 99% of the time (Sneyd did get the execution right. It was a perfect kick on this occasion, so it doesn’t matter if he gets it wrong 99% of the time he got it right on this occasion.)

I said he may get it right 50% of the time
A no point did insay he wasn't a good kicker or any of the other stuff you put about my opinions on Sneyds ability because I didn't make any opinions

My point was you were basing the outcomes on something AFTER the perfect execution without acknowledging that whether it is the right decision or not has to be made BEFORE the kick
I was right there as he walked towards the drop out, I saw him make a hand gesture to the centre/winger to say he was going short BEFORE he kicked it
I called ot to the 4/5 people I was with and they all looked stunned before he did it, and after he did it (after the celebration).
Because for it to be the right play it's got to be executed kick perfectly (let's say he can do it 5/10)
Chaser has to beat Wigan player to the ball and jump higher to wither catch (5/10) or palm back (5/10) and then support player pick it up without any other playwr in the vicinity getting to it (5/10) and when you factor all those things in they'll get it back without knocking on etc maybe 1 in 3, and then still defend another set from wherever if they Don't knock on or whatever

They go long and he 99% doesn't go in touch or whatever and they defend a set from their own 40 approx, something they'd already done 15 times that half already and rarely looked in trouble

BEFORE he kicks it I know which one I want him to attempt
BEFORE he kicks it I know which one 99% of Salford fans want him to attempt'"

I said it doesn’t matter if he gets it wrong 99% of the time.

You seemed to be the one suggesting the kick was lucky where it ended up.

I clearly state as you do the kick was executed perfectly.

I think Sneyd has arguably one of the most accurate boots in the game.

I don’t think it’s a 50/50. These are pro players not kids down the park. He puts that ball there on purpose. He backs himself to do so and did it. He picked out Farrell.

This was all considered before. Claiming he only gets it right 50% of the time I think is disrespectful to one of the best kicker in SL over the course of his career.

Now in your next hypothetical scenario

You say it’s a 5 out of 10 he executes that kick.

I disagree. I think it’s more an 8 out of 10. He clearly backed himself and got it right on the money.

Your next ones are very odd.

5/10 chaser has to beat Wigan player to the ball…both did.

5/10 jump higher than the Wigan player….both did.

These things happened he targeted a shorter player who doesn’t usually find themselves defending such kicks, he kicked it perfectly and both Salford got to the ball first and got off the ground first and got higher. All this was considered BEFORE.

The play failed because 2 Salford players got too excited or didn’t communicate and got in each others way.

It was calculated and I think in each case much more likely than a 50/50.

They were comfortable with our attack until Smith was binned because we didn’t have one!

We were doing 5 drives and a kick 1 out awful rugby.

Smith getting binned changed the game in a positive way for us as it meant French got his hands on the ball as he was anonymous for most of the match.

In that last 10 I am guessing he had more touches of the ball and more meters than the previous 70.

Pro players are looking for mismatches.

Sneyd created one but due to them getting in the way of each other failed to convert it.

French looked for a mismatch at the end to score his try I don’t think we score that or win the game if Smith is on the pitch.

We were far too formulaic in that game up to the Smith binning. French and Field then got involved much more and the style of play totally changed. We had momentum in the last 10 and actually looked dangerous, momentum was with us despite being 2 behind.

They needed to change the momentum and I’d say the scenario’s that you score as 5/10’s….were much more like 8/10’s which is backed up by the fact that they actually all happened.

Kick was perfect.

Salford players got to ball first….both of them.

Salford players got higher than Faz….both of them.

Unfortunately for Salford and luckily for us only one needed to get there first and get higher to what was a perfectly executed kick from a player who on the night made Englands best organising 7 look out of his depth in his control and kicking.

Edit - the kick wasn’t perfect. It was probably 3 yards too close to the touch line having watched it again. I’m thinking the plan was for MacDonald to catch it but that 3 yards pushed it more towards the Nuafouluma hence the mix up in who goes for it.

If kick was on the money Nene M would hand got it, where it landed he DN should have got it which I think he does if NMcd pulls out and doesn’t contest it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2976
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Never known such an inquest into us winning a game

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: apollosghost "Never known such an inquest into us winning a game'"

Wished he'd gone long now and we'd lost icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20371No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Jukesays "Wished he'd gone long now and we'd lost
icon_lol.gif We still win it if he does…just need a couple more plays to do so.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: jonh "
More plays because it would have e
Been harder icon_wink.gif

Remember it was me and you who finished 1st and 2nd in Wigan RL fans unofficial Most Boring Posters
I can't think why eusa_think.gif
icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20371No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg

Quote: Jukesays "More plays because it would have e
Been harder
Just like to analyse things more than others…..whilst boring everyone to tears.

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2189
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jukesays "More plays because it would have e
Been harder
I think that is unfair, it must be a Saints fan icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5479
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Jonh, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However one thing is missing from your argument. You think we may have scored if they had kicked long. That's hypothesis. We did score when they kicked short. That's fact. By virtue of that single difference it was the wrong play. The facts say it was.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20371No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg

Quote: Phuzzy "Jonh, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However one thing is missing from your argument. You think we may have scored if they had kicked long. That's hypothesis. We did score when they kicked short. That's fact. By virtue of that single difference it was the wrong play. The facts say it was.'"

The point being made is Sneyd getting the blame for making the play.

It was in my opinion very good and clever play from Sneyd made in an attempt to close the game out.

The issue wasn’t Sneyds play it was the chasers.

I believe the the best chance of Salford closing that game at that moment in the game was for them to get the ball back in that situation and I think it’s a play that is successful 7/8 times out of 10.

From a Salford point of view all the difficult bits were executed correctly and the simplest element of the entire play was where it fell down.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1353
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I am glad we won this amount of scrutiny on 1 play in a game we won,just think if we had lost.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5479
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png

Quote: jonh "The point being made is Sneyd getting the blame for making the play.

It was in my opinion very good and clever play from Sneyd made in an attempt to close the game out.

The issue wasn’t Sneyds play it was the chasers.

I believe the the best chance of Salford closing that game at that moment in the game was for them to get the ball back in that situation and I think it’s a play that is successful 7/8 times out of 10.

From a Salford point of view all the difficult bits were executed correctly and the simplest element of the entire play was where it fell down.'"

I understand the points you're trying to make but history shows it was the wrong play and Sneyd chose that play. It doesn't matter that it may have worked if x, y or z had been different. They weren't. The play failed ergo it was the wrong one.

I understand also that Sneyd executed the kick well but that was only one cog in a machine. Let me put it this way. If you got in a car where the wheels could fall off and the wheels do indeed fall off, are you at fault for driving the car or is not your fault because you actually drove the car well and, had the wheels not fallen off, everything would have been ok?

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1353
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Phuzzy "I understand the points you're trying to make but history shows it was the wrong play and Sneyd chose that play. It doesn't matter that it may have worked if x, y or z had been different. They weren't. The play failed ergo it was the wrong one.

I understand also that Sneyd executed the kick well but that was only one cog in a machine. Let me put it this way. If you got in a car where the wheels could fall off and the wheels do indeed fall off, are you at fault for driving the car or is not your fault because you actually drove the car well and, had the wheels not fallen off, everything would have been ok?'"

Stop it Phuzzy,just stop it now.Jonh will come back with another analogy and explanation and another question of lets say "if it was a hire car it could mean the hire company was at fault as it was a dodgy vehicle" etc,etc,etc icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20371No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg

Quote: Phuzzy "I understand the points you're trying to make but history shows it was the wrong play and Sneyd chose that play. It doesn't matter that it may have worked if x, y or z had been different. They weren't. The play failed ergo it was the wrong one.

I understand also that Sneyd executed the kick well but that was only one cog in a machine. Let me put it this way. If you got in a car where the wheels could fall off and the wheels do indeed fall off, are you at fault for driving the car or is not your fault because you actually drove the car well and, had the wheels not fallen off, everything would have been ok?'"

I appreciate the sentient and I see the point of view.

I’m convinced it was the right play.

Put it this way, and obviously we can only speculate because we will never know, but if they go long and we score, by the above logic going long becomes the wrong play.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5479
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png

Quote: jonh "I appreciate the sentient and I see the point of view.

I’m convinced it was the right play.

Put it this way, and obviously we can only speculate because we will never know, but if they go long and we score, by the above logic going long becomes the wrong play.'"

And if my auntie had balls etc...

You can equally say if they'd gone long and we hadn't scored it was the right play. There's only one thing we know for sure and that's going short was the wrong play. Definitely. No need for what ifs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner867No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Phuzzy "And if my auntie had balls etc...

You can equally say if they'd gone long and we hadn't scored it was the right play. There's only one thing we know for sure and that's going short was the wrong play. Definitely. No need for what ifs.'"

Listening to the NRL 'experts the easiest place to defend ìs ur own 10 so I get why he did it. Well never know if we'd have scored if he'd gone long

91 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
91 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.0771484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
supersport
12m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
christopher
13m