Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: jonh "Have we forgotten about Field..and the bulk of a starting pack that were all missing tonight.

Not necessarily on here but I’m stunned on social media “fans” are unhappy with that performance tonight.

Missing a pack and a key strike player, against a team flying high in their own backyard….all the makings of a great win in my opinion.'"

Absolutely spot on Jon! Are we also ignoring the short turn around plus the fact that most of that pack had to play tonight's game on the back of long minutes too?

Discipline was awful. Harry's place kicking was poor. But for guts, resilience and an ability to score remarkable tries from anywhere on the field that was absolute top draw.

Credit Hull KR too as they contributed to a real spectacle. They should do well this year and are putting themselves firmly in the contender bracket....although the still frame that Hall's first try was given on clearly showed at least 3 inches of separation. He also didn't celebrate (as he didn't for the 2nd no try either to be fair). We'll gloss over that though as HKR were worthy of being in this game.

Not perfect by a long chalk. But if we show that level of effort and guts when we get bodies back it bodes well.

NSW
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4022No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27542_1296773722.jpg
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!! Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27542.jpg

Our backs are absolutely outstanding, Smith had a dodgey game but has been great the majority of the year. The two centres are going well and great finishes from the wingers. Stick Field in for Hampshire in the next couple of weeks and that’s some back line.

The pack was terrible tonight and got rolled all night, we are down 5 probably first choice 17ers from the pack so not too unexpected. Havard has been papering over the cracks in recent weeks.

Big time players make big time plays in big time situations Bevan and Farrell were outstanding tonight.

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2186
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Salty "Barry said at half time…Rovers deserve to be more than level. More than level? What does that mean?
They weren’t even level!'"

Barry’s IQ is in single digits.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29667
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Quote: moxi1 "Oh behave. I bet you was bricking it behind your TV screen when French went down after knocking on, lose him and its curtains for Wigans season.

And fwiw, we shouldn’t have been given the chance to get back in that game at 14-4, but somehow we did and should’ve held on to win. Oh well.'"

He was on about the Leigh game.

If French went down, we’ve got another freak back in the next week or two anyway, so we’ll just stick him in there instead. Playing them both together would be fun though.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29667
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: NSW "Our backs are absolutely outstanding, Smith had a dodgey game but has been great the majority of the year. The two centres are going well and great finishes from the wingers. Stick Field in for Hampshire in the next couple of weeks and that’s some back line.

The pack was terrible tonight and got rolled all night, we are down 5 probably first choice 17ers from the pack so not too unexpected. Havard has been papering over the cracks in recent weeks.

Big time players make big time plays in big time situations Bevan and Farrell were outstanding tonight.'"

Mixed bag from the forwards. I thought Ellis was absolutely superb with the ball and Mago/Nsemba added plenty of go forward from the bench. I can’t say I’ve been hugely impressed with Liam Byrne this season and I was hoping to see him really step up last night in the absence of Havard/Cooper/Singleton etc but he’s nowhere near his best.

We can cut them all a bit of slack though. We’re down to the bare bones in there, they were playing at a club who are buzzing and against a club that’s filled their squad with experienced forwards. They were missing a couple of forwards but they feel like Cas of that crazy season they had, in that they have a stock pile of forwards, who might not have had careers at the trophy winning clubs but they’re big, experienced and have a point to prove.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15238No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: moxi1 "Oh behave. I bet you was bricking it behind your TV screen when French went down after knocking on, lose him and its curtains for Wigans season.
'"

They said that about Field. But we've been without him for weeks now, and yet last night we were still able to score at will against your lot, who were playing out of their skins, and still didn't win.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3904No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cruncher "They said that about Field. But we've been without him for weeks now, and yet last night we were still able to score at will against your lot, who were playing out of their skins, and still didn't win.'"

Coming off the back of a defeat against Warrington in SL and missing two massive players in Coote & Abdul. Hardly played out of our skins.

Wigan are arguably better with just French playing, I think sometimes the two of Field and French playing together doesn’t work. French has gone to a different level this season and there’s no shame on saying that he makes the world of difference to that team. Saying that, in 165 mins of us playing Wigan this season, French has only made one break but how frustrating being a fan of Rovers that it was the one break that lost us the match.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player348
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78137_1709821937.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78137.jpg

Quote: moxi1 "Coming off the back of a defeat against Warrington in SL and missing two massive players in Coote & Abdul. Hardly played out of our skins.

Wigan are arguably better with just French playing, I think sometimes the two of Field and French playing together doesn’t work. French has gone to a different level this season and there’s no shame on saying that he makes the world of difference to that team. Saying that, in 165 mins of us playing Wigan this season, French has only made one break but how frustrating being a fan of Rovers that it was the one break that lost us the match.'"

Oh, so you can claim your missing players as having an effect on your teams performance but we can't? We have to accept that having one of our star (and likely marquee) players out makes us a better team overall? Baring in mind we are missing the majority of our starting pack also.

Ye that seems like a fair and balanced view. About as balances as all the shouts of "forward" were last night.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3904No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BoredWiganer "Oh, so you can claim your missing players as having an effect on your teams performance but we can't? We have to accept that having one of our star (and likely marquee) players out makes us a better team overall? Baring in mind we are missing the majority of our starting pack also.

Ye that seems like a fair and balanced view. About as balances as all the shouts of "forward" were last night.'"

It’s actually a big compliment to French, but read how you like.

And yes, we’re a far better team with Coote & Abdul, in fact, we beat you last time out with those two and Field playing.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player348
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78137_1709821937.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78137.jpg

Quote: moxi1 "It’s actually a big compliment to French, but read how you like.

And yes, we’re a far better team with Coote & Abdul, in fact, we beat you last time out with those two and Field playing.'"

You will look better as a team with Coote and Abdull, obviously i agree with that. Any team players of that calibre missing will look better with them playing. So would we with all the players we have missing.

I do disagree with your opinion of us playing better with just French though, i think having just one of the two on the field at any one time paints a larger taget on that players back, and when we have played a team in recent weeks that has aimed for that target and nullified the threat of French we have struggled. Having both (in attacking roles, not hiding French away on the wing where he was rarely seeing the ball) gives us many more options and when one is getting pinned down the other will typically get more freedom. I believe the Leigh game was a window into what we could see with both fit.

I think you are putting too much into your win against us. I admit you were the better team by far on that day and fully deserved the win, but it needs more context than that. It was literally the first game of the season, where teams are still not match fit and are still trying and feeling out new combo's / tactics / structures so the games are often more of a toss up. Not to mention we had quite a rocky start to the season. But you got the 2 points and that is all that matters at the end of the day.

If i am honest, you were probably the better team overall last night also, but that doesn't put points on the league table.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29667
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Not sure how it ‘doesn’t work at times’ when Field and French both play. It was some highlights reel last season. This season they played 60 mins of one game at 1 and 6 and it looked mouthwatering in all honesty and we’ll see how it goes. The bleating some fans do about missing players is staggering. Wigan have a good few out (not bothered counting) but we just crack on with things.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1612
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15483.jpg
:15483.jpg

As a different debate - it seemed to me last night that Peat made a couple of tactical switches - Farrell looked to be running out wider than recently, even without the ball his lead runs were aimed more towards the sideline that back into the centre. Also in the second half Shorrocks was going more into second receiver (stand-off) than Hampshire who was pushed out wider - this seemed to happen more as the game went on - I wonder if this ws a deliberate switch as Hapmshire is more of a runner and being out wider might give him a bit more space.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach319
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18600.gif
:18600.gif

Quote: TheWarringtonWolve69 "That’s what happens when you have no pack. One game plan, give it to French or Field and hope for the best.

A long time ago I used to coach an under 12s union team. I had a player who was so much quicker than everyone else. He was rapid. I just told the players to get the ball to him. We walloped everyone until eventually I came up against a team that had a decent manager and then we lost. Peet is me back then. No clue at all'"

I'm glad you no longer coach with a mentality like that, what are the other kids going to learn or even improve on if that is your overall plan, at junior level it is about developing players and not a win at all costs

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach319
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18600.gif
:18600.gif

I actually had no problems with the first Hall try, he had the ball gripped in his hand, as he was going over the side lines he put the ball down with his hand gripped on the side of the ball, there didnt appear to be any kind of bobble or bounce that I could see, the second one he clearly dropped it as you could see from the angle from the opposite side of the field, he had to use his other hand to put the ball down, plus shaking your head when putting it down just says all that needs to be said

NSW
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4022No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27542_1296773722.jpg
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!! Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27542.jpg

Farrell pass for Miski’s try in the last minute was sublime.

99 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
99 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.9697265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
MadDogg
19m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
DSJ1983
21m