Nov 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: NSW "icon_lol.gif
i've watched the full match back this morning on Warriors tv and the focussed quite a bit post match on this and Sneyd's reaction

The play was for Watkins (i think was the inside player) to catch / pat back and the winger (hang back) to then take the ball or worst case be in a defensive position to stop Wigan from scoring. As he jumped and challenged for the ball, he was out of position and thus a walk in for Wardle

how, all of Tomkins, Wilkins and Carney though the short kick off was the wrong choice at that point in the game, but equally were of the mind that Nofaluma played the play wrong, and not Sneyd

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner517No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie Bear.gif
Leigh....They still point at planes!:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie Bear.gif

Quote: Mark_P1973 "

The play was for Watkins (i think was the inside player) to catch / pat back and the winger (hang back) to then take the ball or worst case be in a defensive position to stop Wigan from scoring. As he jumped and challenged for the ball, he was out of position and thus a walk in for Wardle

how, all of Tomkins, Wilkins and Carney though the short kick off was the wrong choice at that point in the game, but equally were of the mind that Nofaluma played the play wrong, and not Sneyd'"

That's just a play with cockup written all over it, had Watkins patted it back and he winger was in position he could have knocked on, Watkins could have knocked on, the winger could have been taken into touch. The logical play is get the ball as far away from the tryline asd possible and hunt a mistake.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player71
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Lazy J "That's just a play with cockup written all over it, had Watkins patted it back and he winger was in position he could have knocked on, Watkins could have knocked on, the winger could have been taken into touch. The logical play is get the ball as far away from the tryline asd possible and hunt a mistake.'"

True, its probably a 1 in 100 success rate, but most likely you are chasing the game that you would try that play

you are 2 points in front with 5 left on the clock is not the time for it, i think most would agree. Launch the bugger as far as you can, it was wet, so possibility of a Wigan knock on, plus we'd have been 40-50m away from Salfords line

What i did like though, was Rowley's post match interview. He knew they'd blown the win, but was also very measured and didnt chuck Sneyd under the bus in front of the tv camera's. He's a class coach and has that Salford side playing some good rugby.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Mark_P1973 "True, its probably a 1 in 100 success rate, but most likely you are chasing the game that you would try that play

you are 2 points in front with 5 left on the clock is not the time for it, i think most would agree. Launch the bugger as far as you can, it was wet, so possibility of a Wigan knock on, plus we'd have been 40-50m away from Salfords line

What i did like though, was Rowley's post match interview. He knew they'd blown the win, but was also very measured and didnt chuck Sneyd under the bus in front of the tv camera's. He's a class coach and has that Salford side playing some good rugby.'"

Personally think it was a good call and I don’t think it was Sneyd’s fault as the execution of the kick was outstanding.

I’m sure it was MacDonald and Nofauluma chasing, and they failed to communicate. 1 should have gone up for it the other hung back. Not only did they leave nobody home they also got in each others way that were it a 1 on 1 they should have been favourites for.

If they had gone long they are still defending the first tackle in their own half. With the level of strike we have a break usually results in a try from inside the opposition half and with the urgency and change of strike tactics once Smith was yellow carded (which I think was positive for us as it forced French link the game ball in hand) I believe we score if we get the ball back.

Lack of communication in my opinion cost Salford that try not the tactic.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player71
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jonh "Personally think it was a good call and I don’t think it was Sneyd’s fault as the execution of the kick was outstanding.

I’m sure it was MacDonald and Nofauluma chasing, and they failed to communicate. 1 should have gone up for it the other hung back. Not only did they leave nobody home they also got in each others way that were it a 1 on 1 they should have been favourites for.

If they had gone long they are still defending the first tackle in their own half. With the level of strike we have a break usually results in a try from inside the opposition half and with the urgency and change of strike tactics once Smith was yellow carded (which I think was positive for us as it forced French link the game ball in hand) I believe we score if we get the ball back.

Lack of communication in my opinion cost Salford that try not the tactic.'"

agree, re the execution and i think it was my earlier post that i said something very similar, in that both winger and centre went for the ball, instead of winger hanging back for the pat back or worst case, he's set defensively. From a Wigan perspective it fell perfectly to Wardle with no-one to beat icon_smile.gif

however, you can still see the argument for both the short and long kick. Normally the short kick off is when you are chasing the game, as its higher risk and you need the ball back. Kick long, and yes, whilst you are still defending, you are 40-50m up the pitch and have a better chance of keeping Wigan out that 5 tackles within 10m

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: jonh "Personally think it was a good call and I don’t think it was Sneyd’s fault as the execution of the kick was outstanding.

Lack of communication in my opinion cost Salford that try not the tactic.'"

See NSW
There is someone else who's wrong (unless Jonh is being sarcastic as well) icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach306
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18600.gif
:18600.gif

With a narrow lead and the clock on your side you do NOT go for a short drop out, it's absolute madness to even contemplate it, let's face it, we were not firing on all cylinders in the game so why would you as a Salford player suddenly think that everything is going to click in the last few minutes, you go long and back yourself in defence.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Correct

And to jonh
You say you think Wigan would have scored if they'd got the ball back from a long drop out???

They'd already defended 2 x sets against 12 men and numerous others since the 45th minute, why not the next one starting from 40 out?

What was going to happen if they did get ball back, they'd already been shoved over the line from a 10m ptb 30 seconds earlier, who's to say that wouldn't have happened again?
And, if they did get to say the 30mtr or so they were only going to kick it back to Wigan anyway? And by your logic they wouldn't have defended that set as at least 3 or 4 of those ptb's would bebin their own half?????
Bearing in mind there was enough time for another Wigan set after that as well !!!!!

Imagine if instead of that being a drop out it was a kick off and Wigan were 2 behind. Would you want Sneyd kick short then or boot it as far as possible and keep Wigan in their 10?
Using your logic you'd go short and try and get ball back???
Madness!

I'm not decrying short kick offs, but there's a time and a place and 4mins left, 2 points up, drop out from under your owner sticks was not the time nor the place.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Jukesays "Correct

And to jonh
You say you think Wigan would have scored if they'd got the ball back from a long drop out???

They'd already defended 2 x sets against 12 men and numerous others since the 45th minute, why not the next one starting from 40 out?

What was going to happen if they did get ball back, they'd already been shoved over the line from a 10m ptb 30 seconds earlier, who's to say that wouldn't have happened again?
And, if they did get to say the 30mtr or so they were only going to kick it back to Wigan anyway? And by your logic they wouldn't have defended that set as at least 3 or 4 of those ptb's would bebin their own half?????
Bearing in mind there was enough time for another Wigan set after that as well !!!!!

Imagine if instead of that being a drop out it was a kick off and Wigan were 2 behind. Would you want Sneyd kick short then or boot it as far as possible and keep Wigan in their 10?
Using your logic you'd go short and try and get ball back???
Madness!

I'm not decrying short kick offs, but there's a time and a place and 4mins left, 2 points up, drop out from under your owner sticks was not the time nor the place.'"

Will agree to disagree.

9 times out of 10 I expect outside backs to get over the top of Farrell in a high ball situation when he is static and they are running towards the ball.

In fact both got over him on this occasion they just messed it up by getting in each others way.

Salford were creaking big time.

They needed the ball.

All the momentum was with us.

We played terrible rugby with Smith on the field. Our tactics were far too conservative. We were making much more threatening plays with him off.

I believe we score if he goes long.

I think they get the ball back if only 1 player goes up for it instead of 2 and we get ball back with 90 seconds less on her clock and in our own 30.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: jonh "Will agree to disagree.

9 times out of 10 I expect outside backs to get over the top of Farrell in a high ball situation when he is static and they are running towards the ball.

In fact both got over him on this occasion they just messed it up by getting in each others way.

Salford were creaking big time.

They needed the ball.

All the momentum was with us.

We played terrible rugby with Smith on the field. Our tactics were far too conservative. We were making much more threatening plays with him off.

I believe we score if he goes long.

I think they get the ball back if only 1 player goes up for it instead of 2 and we get ball back with 90 seconds less on her clock and in our own 30.'"

There wasn't 90seconds left, there was 4mins (or thereabouts)
Sneyd gets the execution spot on
At least 50% of the time he doesn't, you can't ignore that factor
You can't ignore that 2 players could mess things up, which on this occasion both did
You factor in that farrell or another player (if the kick goes 5mtrs ) in any other direction "could" get to the ball before, jump higher etc

When you factor all of those in they get the ball back 1 in 5 in my opinion
And that increased Wigans chance of scoring 10x fold easily, as if we don't score we get 5 plays and a much chance of a repeat set with 3 more mins on the clock

I just dont understand how you can say if Salford kick long Wigan will score (your previous reply) yet in a situation where there is no evidence to suggest its better than 50/50 ( i would say when you factor in all the variables it may be a 1 in 5 shot of getting it back), even if they do get the ball back they're still going to have to defend 2 x sets and kick well (my argument being them further away from our line isn't usable in your argument as you say we'd score if we kicked further anyway).
Yet, of theyndont get the ball back they're going to have to defend in their own 20

If they were kicking off from centre field would you want them go long or short????

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg

Quote: Jukesays "There wasn't 90seconds left, there was 4mins (or thereabouts)
Sneyd gets the execution spot on
At least 50% of the time he doesn't, you can't ignore that factor
You can't ignore that 2 players could mess things up, which on this occasion both did
You factor in that farrell or another player (if the kick goes 5mtrs ) in any other direction "could" get to the ball before, jump higher etc

When you factor all of those in they get the ball back 1 in 5 in my opinion
And that increased Wigans chance of scoring 10x fold easily, as if we don't score we get 5 plays and a much chance of a repeat set with 3 more mins on the clock

I just dont understand how you can say if Salford kick long Wigan will score (your previous reply) yet in a situation where there is no evidence to suggest its better than 50/50 ( i would say when you factor in all the variables it may be a 1 in 5 shot of getting it back), even if they do get the ball back they're still going to have to defend 2 x sets and kick well (my argument being them further away from our line isn't usable in your argument as you say we'd score if we kicked further anyway).
Yet, of theyndont get the ball back they're going to have to defend in their own 20

If they were kicking off from centre field would you want them go long or short????'"

In regards 90 seconds left…that’s when we get the ball back deep in our 30m zone if the play comes off.

Sneyd did get the execution right. It was a perfect kick on this occasion, so it doesn’t matter if he gets it wrong 99% of the time he got it right on this occasion.

I factor in Farrell because that who was picked out. If for example Nsemba and Walters were on the pitch I don’t think he goes for the play. Farrell was targeted.

If you are stationary under a high ball it’s a more difficult task generally to catch than it is for players running towards the ball especially if you are not used to it.

The 2 players who contested the ball are both regularly tasked with taking high balls, Farrell is not. Both players get to the ball first whilst Faz never gets off the ground, it’s an easy take for an outside back at this level if they don’t get in each others way.

If one goes up for it I think he gets it, if one goes up for it and pays it back to the other they get it. 2 went for it not communicating and that is what killed them not the kick in my opinion.

In my opinion if they don’t get the ball back on that play we score.

If they go long we start our set on the half way line with the momentum and score.

If they get the ball back they run down the clock by 90 seconds-2 minutes, if they put the ball in touch maybe 2:30 by the time the ball is out of the scrum. If they get the ball back they probably get to the half way line, meaning when we get the ball we are going to be deep inside our 30 on the back foot with 1 set to score.

If it was from the centre of the field as in a standard kick off go long, but it wasn’t.

They gave themselves a chance of getting the ball back and really should have. Poor communication from the 2 outside backs caused them to not only not regather the ball but by committing 2 players into the contest left nobody at home.

Momentum is massive in games. We had it at that moment in fact we got it as soon as Smith got binned because we had to move away from the grind and get Field and French on the ball.

If we regather in their half with it I believe we score with the strike we have on the field. The presence of Field, French and Wardle in particular forced their hand.

Right play, right execution from Sneyd, poor play poor execution from the centre and winger.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: jonh "In regards 90 seconds left…that’s when we get the ball back deep in our 30m zone if the play comes off.

Sneyd did get the execution right. It was a perfect kick on this occasion, so it doesn’t matter if he gets it wrong 99% of the time he got it right on this occasion.

I factor in Farrell because that who was picked out. If for example Nsemba and Walters were on the pitch I don’t think he goes for the play. Farrell was targeted.

If you are stationary under a high ball it’s a more difficult task generally to catch than it is for players running towards the ball especially if you are not used to it.

The 2 players who contested the ball are both regularly tasked with taking high balls, Farrell is not. Both players get to the ball first whilst Faz never gets off the ground, it’s an easy take for an outside back at this level if they don’t get in each others way.

If one goes up for it I think he gets it, if one goes up for it and pays it back to the other they get it. 2 went for it not communicating and that is what killed them not the kick in my opinion.

In my opinion if they don’t get the ball back on that play we score.

If they go long we start our set on the half way line with the momentum and score.

If they get the ball back they run down the clock by 90 seconds-2 minutes, if they put the ball in touch maybe 2

As you say earlier, agree to disagree
I just don't understand the logic behind the thinking

You say it doesn't matter if he gets it wrong 99% of the time, it absolutely does matter!
Because he doesn't know BEFORE he kicks it that he's going to execute it perfectly
If he doesn't (your words 99% of the time I would say 50/50 at best) then it's the wrong decision
But you have to factor all of those things in BEFORE he kicks, not say it was the right decision AFTER he's executed it perfectly
And then factor in that all of the other stuff such as both chasers have to be perfect and that Wigan don't get to the ball instead.

The % play is to go long, and replay that situation 100 times and we score more times going short than we do if they go long.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg

Quote: Jukesays "As you say earlier, agree to disagree
I just don't understand the logic behind the thinking

You say it doesn't matter if he gets it wrong 99% of the time, it absolutely does matter!
Because he doesn't know BEFORE he kicks it that he's going to execute it perfectly
If he doesn't (your words 99% of the time I would say 50/50 at best) then it's the wrong decision
But you have to factor all of those things in BEFORE he kicks, not say it was the right decision AFTER he's executed it perfectly
And then factor in that all of the other stuff such as both chasers have to be perfect and that Wigan don't get to the ball instead.

The % play is to go long, and replay that situation 100 times and we score more times going short than we do if they go long.'"

You mentioned he gets it wrong a lot. I don’t believe that is the case.

He was easily best half on the field on the day and his kicking game throughout his career has been outstanding.

He pretty much won Hull the cup because of it.

He’s an excellent kicker of the ball, he was on the day too so he was right to back himself.

I agree if he gets it wrong 99% of the play don’t go for it, but I think you do him a massive disservice as a player if you don’t think he has an excellent boot.

Both chasers don’t have to be perfect, they have to do their job which is very basic…communicate.

They knew the play was coming and didn’t.

I’ve actually not watched it since the night and I just have now, if you watch it from the rear angle from the camera behind the sticks the winger had a clean run at the catch with Faz welded to the floor had MacDonald not gone for it too it was a comfortable take for a player of his ability.

Sneyd, targeted Faz, backed himself to execute the play. Executed it perfectly and I’m holding the winger (very experienced player) for not calling or the centre for not listening which in that situation lost them the game, not Sneyd.

They needed the ball, they knew it.

They didn’t get it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: jonh "You mentioned he gets it wrong a lot. I don’t believe that is the case.

He was easily best half on the field on the day and his kicking game throughout his career has been outstanding.

He pretty much won Hull the cup because of it.

He’s an excellent kicker of the ball, he was on the day too so he was right to back himself.

I agree if he gets it wrong 99% of the play don’t go for it, but I think you do him a massive disservice as a player if you don’t think he has an excellent boot.

Both chasers don’t have to be perfect, they have to do their job which is very basic…communicate.

They knew the play was coming and didn’t.

I’ve actually not watched it since the night and I just have now, if you watch it from the rear angle from the camera behind the sticks the winger had a clean run at the catch with Faz welded to the floor had MacDonald gone for it too.

Sneyd, targeted Faz, backed himself to execute the play. Executed it perfectly and I’m holding the winger (very experienced player) for not calling or the centre for not listening which in that situation lost them the game, not Sneyd.

They needed the ball, they knew it.

They didn’t get it.'"

It was your words earlier that mentioned getting it wrong 99% of the time (Sneyd did get the execution right. It was a perfect kick on this occasion, so it doesn’t matter if he gets it wrong 99% of the time he got it right on this occasion.)

I said he may get it right 50% of the time
A no point did insay he wasn't a good kicker or any of the other stuff you put about my opinions on Sneyds ability because I didn't make any opinions

My point was you were basing the outcomes on something AFTER the perfect execution without acknowledging that whether it is the right decision or not has to be made BEFORE the kick
I was right there as he walked towards the drop out, I saw him make a hand gesture to the centre/winger to say he was going short BEFORE he kicked it
I called ot to the 4/5 people I was with and they all looked stunned before he did it, and after he did it (after the celebration).
Because for it to be the right play it's got to be executed kick perfectly (let's say he can do it 5/10)
Chaser has to beat Wigan player to the ball and jump higher to wither catch (5/10) or palm back (5/10) and then support player pick it up without any other playwr in the vicinity getting to it (5/10) and when you factor all those things in they'll get it back without knocking on etc maybe 1 in 3, and then still defend another set from wherever if they Don't knock on or whatever

They go long and he 99% doesn't go in touch or whatever and they defend a set from their own 40 approx, something they'd already done 15 times that half already and rarely looked in trouble

BEFORE he kicks it I know which one I want him to attempt
BEFORE he kicks it I know which one 99% of Salford fans want him to attempt

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg

Quote: Jukesays "It was your words earlier that mentioned getting it wrong 99% of the time (Sneyd did get the execution right. It was a perfect kick on this occasion, so it doesn’t matter if he gets it wrong 99% of the time he got it right on this occasion.)

I said he may get it right 50% of the time
A no point did insay he wasn't a good kicker or any of the other stuff you put about my opinions on Sneyds ability because I didn't make any opinions

My point was you were basing the outcomes on something AFTER the perfect execution without acknowledging that whether it is the right decision or not has to be made BEFORE the kick
I was right there as he walked towards the drop out, I saw him make a hand gesture to the centre/winger to say he was going short BEFORE he kicked it
I called ot to the 4/5 people I was with and they all looked stunned before he did it, and after he did it (after the celebration).
Because for it to be the right play it's got to be executed kick perfectly (let's say he can do it 5/10)
Chaser has to beat Wigan player to the ball and jump higher to wither catch (5/10) or palm back (5/10) and then support player pick it up without any other playwr in the vicinity getting to it (5/10) and when you factor all those things in they'll get it back without knocking on etc maybe 1 in 3, and then still defend another set from wherever if they Don't knock on or whatever

They go long and he 99% doesn't go in touch or whatever and they defend a set from their own 40 approx, something they'd already done 15 times that half already and rarely looked in trouble

BEFORE he kicks it I know which one I want him to attempt
BEFORE he kicks it I know which one 99% of Salford fans want him to attempt'"

I said it doesn’t matter if he gets it wrong 99% of the time.

You seemed to be the one suggesting the kick was lucky where it ended up.

I clearly state as you do the kick was executed perfectly.

I think Sneyd has arguably one of the most accurate boots in the game.

I don’t think it’s a 50/50. These are pro players not kids down the park. He puts that ball there on purpose. He backs himself to do so and did it. He picked out Farrell.

This was all considered before. Claiming he only gets it right 50% of the time I think is disrespectful to one of the best kicker in SL over the course of his career.

Now in your next hypothetical scenario

You say it’s a 5 out of 10 he executes that kick.

I disagree. I think it’s more an 8 out of 10. He clearly backed himself and got it right on the money.

Your next ones are very odd.

5/10 chaser has to beat Wigan player to the ball…both did.

5/10 jump higher than the Wigan player….both did.

These things happened he targeted a shorter player who doesn’t usually find themselves defending such kicks, he kicked it perfectly and both Salford got to the ball first and got off the ground first and got higher. All this was considered BEFORE.

The play failed because 2 Salford players got too excited or didn’t communicate and got in each others way.

It was calculated and I think in each case much more likely than a 50/50.

They were comfortable with our attack until Smith was binned because we didn’t have one!

We were doing 5 drives and a kick 1 out awful rugby.

Smith getting binned changed the game in a positive way for us as it meant French got his hands on the ball as he was anonymous for most of the match.

In that last 10 I am guessing he had more touches of the ball and more meters than the previous 70.

Pro players are looking for mismatches.

Sneyd created one but due to them getting in the way of each other failed to convert it.

French looked for a mismatch at the end to score his try I don’t think we score that or win the game if Smith is on the pitch.

We were far too formulaic in that game up to the Smith binning. French and Field then got involved much more and the style of play totally changed. We had momentum in the last 10 and actually looked dangerous, momentum was with us despite being 2 behind.

They needed to change the momentum and I’d say the scenario’s that you score as 5/10’s….were much more like 8/10’s which is backed up by the fact that they actually all happened.

Kick was perfect.

Salford players got to ball first….both of them.

Salford players got higher than Faz….both of them.

Unfortunately for Salford and luckily for us only one needed to get there first and get higher to what was a perfectly executed kick from a player who on the night made Englands best organising 7 look out of his depth in his control and kicking.

Edit - the kick wasn’t perfect. It was probably 3 yards too close to the touch line having watched it again. I’m thinking the plan was for MacDonald to catch it but that 3 yards pushed it more towards the Nuafouluma hence the mix up in who goes for it.

If kick was on the money Nene M would hand got it, where it landed he DN should have got it which I think he does if NMcd pulls out and doesn’t contest it.

91 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
91 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.02783203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford - Away
RockNRolla
10m
July games
Start@1873
15m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
46m
Toulouse A
Rafa9
Recent
WHO IS NEXT
rollin thund
Recent
Round 15 vs Leigh Leopards H
Exeter Rhino
Recent
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Home
The Speculat
Recent
Dons v Swinton Saturday 29/6/24 at Fev 630pm
Jemmo
Recent
Reserves v London
vastman
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
KaeruJim
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
IMG scores
charlie
1m
Reserves v London
vastman
1m
KaeruJim
1m
2024 l Academy Scholarship & Reserves News
fanstanningl
2m
WHO IS NEXT
rollin thund
2m
International
MorePlaymake
2m
Barrow
supercat
3m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
5m
Academy Origin
B0NES
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
July games
Start@1873
TODAY
Salford - Away
RockNRolla
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse - Saturday 10 August 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Toulouse A
Rafa9
TODAY
IMG scores
charlie
TODAY
Nathan Mason
MicktheGled
TODAY
The Speculat
TODAY
Half Time Report
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Dewsbury v Dons Sunday 7/7/24 3pm
Kick and cha
TODAY
Our next 2 meetings
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Lee Briers
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Register Thirteenth Win Of The Season With Victory Over Barrow
RLFANS News
TODAY
Academy Origin
B0NES
TODAY
Catalan Away
B0NES
TODAY
Englands Youngsters Beat France With Ease Despite Early Scare
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves v London
vastman
TODAY
Big Win for England Women Over France in Toulouse
RLFANS News
TODAY
Dewsbury away
Dave K.
TODAY
Olly Russell 4 year deal
PopTart
TODAY
SuperLeague Plus Fixtures
karetaker
TODAY
A good signing for the Robins
Huddersfield
TODAY
International
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Halifax v Whitehaven
terry silver
TODAY
Jayden Okunbor
tommyfromhul
TODAY
Kevin Sinfield event
Wollo-Wollo-
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
Hull FC Get Second Win By Beat..
Super Salford First Half Slays..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,099 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Thu 4th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
10:50
Parramatta
v
Souths
 Fri 5th Jul
09:00
Cronulla
v
Gold Coast
11:00
Brisbane
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R14
19:30
Sheffield
v
Halifax
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
20:00
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Huddersfield
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sat 6th Jul
06:00
Canterbury
v
NZ Warriors
08:30
Wests
v
Melbourne
10:35
NQL Cowboys
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:30
LeedsW
v
St.HelensW
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
15:00
Leeds
v
LondonB
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R14
18:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 7th Jul
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 5th Jul
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Huddersfield
SL
Wigan-Leigh
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds-LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
L1 13 Oldham30-6Hunslet
L1 13 Workington18-37Keighley
NRL 17 St.George26-6Dolphins
NRL 17 Penrith6-16NQL Cowboys
NRL 17 Sydney40-6Wests
Sat 29th Jun
CH 13 Toulouse20-0Featherstone
CH 13 Doncaster18-8Swinton
NRL 17 NZ Warriors32-16Brisbane
NRL 17 Newcastle34-26Parramatta
NRL 17 Melbourne16-6Canberra
MINT2024 1 France M8-40England M
WINT2024 1 FRANCE W0-42ENGLAND W
Fri 28th Jun
NRL 17 Canterbury15-14Cronulla
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 14 403 164 239 24
St.Helens 15 423 162 261 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Warrington 15 358 213 145 20
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 15 274 270 4 16
Huddersfield 15 298 317 -19 12
Leigh 14 264 226 38 11
Castleford 15 238 429 -191 7
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 15 140 598 -458 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 13 354 217 137 20
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10
Halifax 13 270 377 -107 10
Barrow 12 203 339 -136 10
Swinton 13 260 332 -72 8
Dewsbury 14 168 419 -251 2
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford - Away
RockNRolla
10m
July games
Start@1873
15m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
46m
Toulouse A
Rafa9
Recent
WHO IS NEXT
rollin thund
Recent
Round 15 vs Leigh Leopards H
Exeter Rhino
Recent
The Speculat
Recent
Dons v Swinton Saturday 29/6/24 at Fev 630pm
Jemmo
Recent
Reserves v London
vastman
Recent
KaeruJim
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
IMG scores
charlie
1m
Reserves v London
vastman
1m
KaeruJim
1m
2024 l Academy Scholarship & Reserves News
fanstanningl
2m
WHO IS NEXT
rollin thund
2m
International
MorePlaymake
2m
Barrow
supercat
3m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
5m
Academy Origin
B0NES
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
July games
Start@1873
TODAY
Salford - Away
RockNRolla
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse - Saturday 10 August 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Toulouse A
Rafa9
TODAY
IMG scores
charlie
TODAY
Nathan Mason
MicktheGled
TODAY
The Speculat
TODAY
Half Time Report
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Dewsbury v Dons Sunday 7/7/24 3pm
Kick and cha
TODAY
Our next 2 meetings
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Lee Briers
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Register Thirteenth Win Of The Season With Victory Over Barrow
RLFANS News
TODAY
Academy Origin
B0NES
TODAY
Catalan Away
B0NES
TODAY
Englands Youngsters Beat France With Ease Despite Early Scare
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves v London