FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > Peoples thoughts about the squad after a disappointing first
106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
International Star1871No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51474_1275316988.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51474.gif

Quote: Pieman "A set move? Wane needs to learn what one is...'"

Yes because I am sure Wane knows no set moves and we have done none in training. On Sunday it couldnt possibly be anything to do with the team playing poorly and not executing them properly.

I really cant believe the over the top reaction on these boards since Sunday, after just one game. Some of the criticism of Shaun Wane and certain players has been beyond a joke and with some posters there seems to be a much more personal element to it than just straightforward criticism.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51052_1304440802.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51052.jpg

Quote: Famous "Yes because I am sure Wane knows no set moves and we have done none in training. On Sunday it couldnt possibly be anything to do with the team playing poorly and not executing them properly.

I really cant believe the over the top reaction on these boards since Sunday, after just one game. Some of the criticism of Shaun Wane and certain players has been beyond a joke and with some posters there seems to be a much more personal element to it than just straightforward criticism.'"

over the top? They looked slow, unfit and unwilling, its nothing personal just fact. If it was personal my season ticket wouldnt have been renewed. Take you head out of the clouds and think about the game and execution.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.:

Quote: Famous "Yes because I am sure Wane knows no set moves and we have done none in training. On Sunday it couldnt possibly be anything to do with the team playing poorly and not executing them properly.

I really cant believe the over the top reaction on these boards since Sunday, after just one game. Some of the criticism of Shaun Wane and certain players has been beyond a joke and with some posters there seems to be a much more personal element to it than just straightforward criticism.'"

Some people on here need to learn how to debate.

There is far too much

"Some posters have it in for XXX"

"Some posters will say anything that makes YYY look bad"

"Some posters dare to criticise the current set up"

NO.

Some posters have views and refuse to follow the happy clappy crowd.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1871No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51474_1275316988.gif

Quote: Pieman "over the top? They looked slow, unfit and unwilling, its nothing personal just fact. If it was personal my season ticket wouldnt have been renewed. Take you head out of the clouds and think about the game and execution.'"

Nothing to do with my head in the clouds.I just think its pathetic how people are slating Wane after one game and trying to make out we were never that poor under Maguire when we plainly were. Indeed there were a few games last year when we were awful and as bad, if not worse, than we was on Sunday.

If you think we were slow, unfit and unwilling that then why heap all the blame on Wane's door? Isnt Bitcon the conditioner so why arent you slating him if you think they are slow and unfit? If players are unwilling and complacent then surely that is the players fault? The criticism and accusations that are flying around after 1 game is ridiculous and paints many Wigan fans in a bad light imo, particulalry when they spout nonsense like Wane needs to learn a set move and accuse him of saying and doing things that he hasnt even done. Wane has served his apprenticeship and deserves his chance which should surely consist of more than being hung to dry after one game. It is simply far too early to judge him. If we are playing like that in week 10 then all means give it to him with both barrells but I am sure we wont be.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51052_1304440802.jpg

Quote: Famous "Nothing to do with my head in the clouds.I just think its pathetic how people are slating Wane after one game and trying to make out we were never that poor under Maguire when we plainly were. Indeed there were a few games last year when we were awful and as bad, if not worse, than we was on Sunday.

If you think we were slow, unfit and unwilling that then why heap all the blame on Wane's door? Isnt Bitcon the conditioner so why arent you slating him if you think they are slow and unfit? If players are unwilling and complacent then surely that is the players fault? The criticism and accusations that are flying around after 1 game is ridiculous and paints many Wigan fans in a bad light imo, particulalry when they spout nonsense like Wane needs to learn a set move and accuse him of saying and doing things that he hasnt even done. Wane has served his apprenticeship and deserves his chance which should surely consist of more than being hung to dry after one game. It is simply far too early to judge him. If we are playing like that in week 10 then all means give it to him with both barrells but I am sure we wont be.'"

Bitcon works for Wane. I didnt see us play as bad last year...name the game for me and I may reconsider. How can you blame the player for being unfit and conditioned, if they have done what they have been told pre season, if not why are they playing? If they have been told what to do then it isnt there fault. Have you ever played the game? Again I didnt say Wane deserves the sack or didnt deserve the shot, but look at Madges first game and compare the difference...a coach can only be judged on his last game so lets do that as we cant do anything else.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: XBrettKennyX "Some people on here need to learn how to debate.

There is far too much

"Some posters have it in for XXX"

"Some posters will say anything that makes YYY look bad"

"Some posters dare to criticise the current set up"

NO.

Some posters have views and refuse to follow the happy clappy crowd.'"

icon_lol.gif I wondered how long it would be before that phrase turned up again, but even I didn't think it would reappear after one defeat.

By 'happy clappers' you of course mean posters whose views differ with yours (even though in the same breath you're preaching to us all that everyone is entitled to hold their own view icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif )

But I'd be wary of using it too much. Remember how things turned out for the Happy Clappers when they supported IL against people like you for his decision to drop Noble and then appoint Maguire.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1081
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think it was clear to see that whatever they had been doing in the off season did not work. Before the game Wane stated they were ready. I dont see any problem in questioning why we saw a lousy performance since we were led to believe other things in the build up from Wane himself. You cant promise gold then deliver bronze and expect everybody to just overlook it in the hope he might deliver gold next week.....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The_Enforcer "I think it was clear to see that whatever they had been doing in the off season did not work. Before the game Wane stated they were ready. I dont see any problem in questioning why we saw a lousy performance since we were led to believe other things in the build up from Wane himself. You cant promise gold then deliver bronze and expect everybody to just overlook it in the hope he might deliver gold next week.....'"

If you were genuinely expecting victory every single week, then I'd agree. But though I don't hold with this 'early season doesn't matter' viewpoint, I still think you need to give him a bit more time. However, each to their own.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44075_1339364158.jpg
What's the rumpus, Tom? [quote="Pemps":1dso5atj]I can't confirm Bennett's exact words but I believe they were along the lines of "Strewth Ian, I wouldn't touch him with yours. He's a flammin' Gala". [/quote:1dso5atj] [quote="Wigan Peer":1dso5atj]I keep my bin under 30mph to avoid fines... :CURTAIN:[/quote:1dso5atj] [quote="MattyB":1dso5atj]you cant tell me they are all busting for a turd. [/quote:1dso5atj] Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm To keep her from the howlin' winds.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44075.jpg

It has ceased to amaze me, just how knee jerk some people on here can be.

Your lack of faith and total negativity should ban you all from celebrating any success we may have during Wanes term as head coach.

I genuinly mean that

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.:

Quote: Cruncher "icon_lol.gif I wondered how long it would be before that phrase turned up again, but even I didn't think it would reappear after one defeat.

By 'happy clappers' you of course mean posters whose views differ with yours (even though in the same breath you're preaching to us all that everyone is entitled to hold their own view
Oh deary me Crunchy. I would have thought that you would have learned by now that adding multiple smileys to your post doesn't actually mean that you are right......... If anything it aludes to your lack of vocabulary, but I digress.

I think we all know who the "happy clappers" are and what they represent.............

As for your use of the Noble situation, I stick by my view that the way IL handled Noble was nothing short of disgraceful. I am, of course delighted that the gamble with MM paid off, and have said so on many occasions.

Is that really the best you can do? "I am disappoint........."

RankPostsTeam
International Star1871No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51474_1275316988.gif

Quote: Pieman "Bitcon works for Wane. I didnt see us play as bad last year...name the game for me and I may reconsider. How can you blame the player for being unfit and conditioned, if they have done what they have been told pre season, if not why are they playing? If they have been told what to do then it isnt there fault. Have you ever played the game? Again I didnt say Wane deserves the sack or didnt deserve the shot, but look at Madges first game and compare the difference...a coach can only be judged on his last game so lets do that as we cant do anything else.'"

Catalan at home, and away for that matter, are 2 that immediately spring to mind. There were other games such as against Castleford were we werent too hot either and when there was plenty of criticism on these boards.

I haven't blamed any player for being unfit, try reading what is wrote. You said about players being slow and unfit and I said why are you laying all the blame on Wane when Bitcon is the conditioner. Bitcon is the expert and as such Wane will delegate to Bitcon when it comes to conditioning or do you really think that Wane tells Bitcon what to do and how to do his job. If that is the case Bitcon may as well go home. Wane may have some input saying he wants x, y and z from the players but Bitcon is the one who would decide if this is achievable and if so how they would go about achieving it. This is a professional sports club not St Pats u12s were the coach does it all. You accused players of being unwilling but blame the coach for this. If a player does not show desire, commitment and motivation then I will certainly blame the player, not the coach. For your information, seeing as you are so interested, yes I have played the game, as well as coached for that matter, thanks for asking.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51052_1304440802.jpg

Quote: Famous "Catalan at home, and away for that matter, are 2 that immediately spring to mind. There were other games such as against Castleford were we werent too hot either and when there was plenty of criticism on these boards.

I haven't blamed any player for being unfit, try reading what is wrote. You said about players being slow and unfit and I said why are you laying all the blame on Wane when Bitcon is the conditioner. Bitcon is the expert and as such Wane will delegate to Bitcon when it comes to conditioning or do you really think that Wane tells Bitcon what to do and how to do his job. If that is the case Bitcon may as well go home. Wane may have some input saying he wants x, y and z from the players but Bitcon is the one who would decide if this is achievable and if so how they would go about achieving it. This is a professional sports club not St Pats u12s were the coach does it all. You accused players of being unwilling but blame the coach for this. If a player does not show desire, commitment and motivation then I will certainly blame the player, not the coach. For your information, seeing as you are so interested, yes I have played the game, as well as coached for that matter, thanks for asking.'"

Catalans were very good against us and had virtually full strength teams too (not 8 missing), at the end of the year they were the leagues form team so a bit off par would have seen us dicked. So like I said how long has Wane had the job and been in training? IF he cannot judge the fitness levels until the first game then he hasnt used the pre season as it should have been used. He should have used it to asses the fitness and plays he has given them. Have we played a full strength team in the pre season to get the fitness levels of plays right? Is that the players or Bitcons fault?

Are you then blaming Bitcon for it? As you have passed the blame from now the players to the conditioner who is overseen from the head coach.

Then again, if you had played and coached like you said you would have know what I have just said known the coach has the full accountability.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: XBrettKennyX "Oh deary me Crunchy. I would have thought that you would have learned by now that adding multiple smileys to your post doesn't actually mean that you are right........"'"

No, but they're a good indicator of how ridiculous you think the previous post was.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner12006No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6278_1381491357.jpg
[b:3ekusm3q][color=#FF0000:3ekusm3q]WIGAN RLFC[/color:3ekusm3q][/b:3ekusm3q]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6278.jpg

The same thoughts as before the Hudds game. We'll be there or there abouts at the end of the season and as Leeds proved last season, anything can happen. We've lost one game FFS!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1871No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51474_1275316988.gif

Quote: Pieman "Catalans were very good against us and had virtually full strength teams too (not 8 missing), at the end of the year they were the leagues form team so a bit off par would have seen us dicked. So like I said how long has Wane had the job and been in training? IF he cannot judge the fitness levels until the first game then he hasnt used the pre season as it should have been used. He should have used it to asses the fitness and plays he has given them. Have we played a full strength team in the pre season to get the fitness levels of plays right? Is that the players or Bitcons fault?

Are you then blaming Bitcon for it? As you have passed the blame from now the players to the conditioner who is overseen from the head coach.

Then again, if you had played and coached like you said you would have know what I have just said known the coach has the full accountability.'"

We were dicked, as you so eloquently put it, by Catalan at home and were awful. Do you not think we were awful? Catalan also had people out. There were many matches last year were these boards were full of criticism of the team and Maguire. With your previous couple of replies I seriously think you struggle to grasp simple English and I dont know why why are trying to say things that I havent. You also obsessed with if I have played the game or not like you are some sort of expert, which you are plainly not, and i have to say your condescending attitude is more than a little pathetic too.

I am not blaming anyone for anything as I do not go into a mass panic after one game of the season. I have never blamed the players for their condition either which you have accused me of again even though I corrected you in my last post. You obviously do not grasp English too well. It is people like you blaming Wane for one thing after another, not me. I am simply saying that I fail to see how if you feel they are unfit then dont you think that instead of the very simplistic blame the coach routine that you should be aiming your flack at the conditioner, it isnt exactly rocket science. If You accuse players of being unwilling then why not blame the players? It was not Wane who dropped balls, fluffed moves, missed easy tackles, had an awful kicking game etc. Likewise we have played no less friendly matches with a full strength team than previous seasons. Reading the reactions on here you would have thought we would have lost our first game by 60 points.

106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.38623046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC