JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2012Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I actually thought that Wire were excellent first half and they either went off the boil, took their foot off the gas knowing they had won the game or Leeds improved. It does worry me how confident some Wigan fans are on this forum.
How on earth the Warrington pack can be criticised is beyond me! I agree that they don't look as good as the Wigan six but Warrington will push us all the way this year and let's be fair they look the only team that are capable of doing so.
I am just worried that people are getting overconfident. I sat watching the first half thinking this Wire side is very very good so I don't want to be too over confident before we have actually won anything!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7007.jpg
[quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]IMO, Sculthorpe at his peak was better than Hanley was at his.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="nickmanator":3hoggrzp]billy boston in todays game might pinch a spot bringin the cone on and that bein kind[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="robbierotten":3hoggrzp]Imo Sam Tomkins is a very poor mans Danny Brough he is just a average player getting bigged up by the idiots who comentate on sky.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Deano G":3hoggrzp]Jonathan Davies, who is his equal in [Super League] today?[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]Wellens[/quote:3hoggrzp]:7007.jpg

It's not a question of overconfidence. The strength that Wigan have in the forwards is rivalled in the SL era only by the Bradford pack of the early noughties and we have some very talented backs, including the best British player since Hanley.

The big question mark is whether the team can continue to deliver performances at this level (or at an even higher level if Tomkins' comment about us not having peaked yet is correct). IF this team plays to its potential then it will beat any other team in SL.

If we don't win at least 2 of the 3 trophies on offer this season then we will not have done ourselves justice. It will IMO be worse than any of the Wolfs' failures in recent years.

Who knows what will happen next season with the departure of key overseas players? This could be the best chance we will have for many years to win all 3 trophies.

My worry is that far from overconfidence being the problem the pressure of (justified) high expectations for this great side could be too much - the team will need careful handling from a psychological point of view.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Geoff "I just hope McNamara was watching that! Still time to change the England squad!'"

As radically as he needs to?

I wish I had your faith.

Unfortunately, I tend to find that the old adage 'once an idiot always an idiot' applies to Yorkshiremen more than most.

None of that Leeds team deserve to be anywhere near an international shirt, and yet six of them are in there. The guy's not just got it wrong, he's on another planet from the rest of us.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach750No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JWarriors "It's getting dangerous really. I think the defender should be punished in instances like westwoods tonight. Surely it should be the defenders responsibility to use the correct tackling technique and make sure a head clash doesn't happen.

I love seeing a good 'big hit' where the shoulder is stuck in, below neck height, but some players have just started to run in as fast and hard as they can, without regard for technique.'"

Its much more dangerous tackling around the legs like sam last week on jjb? How many pages did that get again?

Hock would be at the Hauge now if he had done that and then celebrated like westwood last night!

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14322
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27_1469093054.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27.jpg

Quote: SydSyd "I actually thought that Wire were excellent first half and they either went off the boil, took their foot off the gas knowing they had won the game or Leeds improved. It does worry me how confident some Wigan fans are on this forum.
How on earth the Warrington pack can be criticised is beyond me! I agree that they don't look as good as the Wigan six but Warrington will push us all the way this year and let's be fair they look the only team that are capable of doing so.
I am just worried that people are getting overconfident. I sat watching the first half thinking this Wire side is very very good so I don't want to be too over confident before we have actually won anything!'"

What does it matter of some fans are already getting the 2012 SL Champions t-shirts printed? Who does it actually affect for you to be worried? It certainly won't be affecting the players or coaching staff if some fans are getting over-excited at the moment.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach294No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Deano G "It's not a question of overconfidence. The strength that Wigan have in the forwards is rivalled in the SL era only by the Bradford pack of the early noughties

Westwood is capable of putting in some big hits but I'm not sure I'd swap him for Hansen '"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Now in all seriousness Warrington are nowhere near their best yet and anybody that doubts them only needs to remember what we did last season (what you're doing this season). Warrington have already beaten your superstar forwards on your own ground this season, Both teams will contest the silverware and there is nothing between the sides on their day. Wigan v Warrington needs to be showcased in a final and i think this year we might get it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

ABW.:

Quote: Deano G "It's not a question of overconfidence. The strength that Wigan have in the forwards is rivalled in the SL era only by the Bradford pack of the early noughties and we have some very talented backs, including the best British player since Hanley.

The big question mark is whether the team can continue to deliver performances at this level (or at an even higher level if Tomkins' comment about us not having peaked yet is correct). IF this team plays to its potential then it will beat any other team in SL.

If we don't win at least 2 of the 3 trophies on offer this season then we will not have done ourselves justice. It will IMO be worse than any of the Wolfs' failures in recent years.

Who knows what will happen next season with the departure of key overseas players? This could be the best chance we will have for many years to win all 3 trophies.

My worry is that far from overconfidence being the problem the pressure of (justified) high expectations for this great side could be too much - the team will need careful handling from a psychological point of view.'"

Are you for real? We still have over a third of the season to go. This post is ridiculous even by your one eyed standards.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60495.jpg

Quote: wiretilidie08 "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Now in all seriousness Warrington are nowhere near their best yet and anybody that doubts them only needs to remember what we did last season (what you're doing this season). Warrington have already beaten your superstar forwards on your own ground this season, Both teams will contest the silverware and there is nothing between the sides on their day. Wigan v Warrington needs to be showcased in a final and i think this year we might get it.'"

d040.gif d040.gif

what was so funny about what he said? even the great bradford side lost games, just because you beat us doesn't mean what he said ain't true maybe you should rewatch the game and see how wigan chucked the game away.

but yeah i think we should both be in the finals this season and i hope so (with no injuries or bad circumstances).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

ABW.:

Quote: TrentBarrett "motor neurone disease, it's a great cause. I'm going to say Warrington more than definitely win this game, awful defense from Leeds looks like they have picked up where they left off.'"

It's the club's nominated charity for the season. Last year it was Help for Heroes, this year it's MND, quite appropriate after what happened to two of our ex-players (both Wigan lads too).

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60495.jpg

Quote: Teessidewire "Are you for real? We still have over a third of the season to go. This post is ridiculous even by your one eyed standards.'"

what did he actually say what is so ridiculous? i said on here after the widnes loss we will win silverware this season and the only team to have any worry about is wolfies and even last night i wasn't really worried. your team is looking old and tired with a couple of good youngsters in it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach294No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: dubairl "d040.gif
His statement about the quality of Wigans pack for starters , whenever we play you our pack always dominates, However Gareth Hock however much anybody hates him he is the most devastating forward with ball in hand in SL. Also to imply Hansen is better than Westwood is laughable. Wigan are playing so well at the moment because 1. their defence is brilliant. 2. They are playing basic rugby to a near perfect level and 3. Because nobody can get near Sam Tomkins. Even Phil Clarke said last night that Warrington without Michael Monaghan is similar to Wigan without Tomkins, how would you react in that situation? nobody knows because Tomkins is never injured. Only the Widnes game comes to mind where i know he has been out. Both teams are easily the best 2 in the league by some distance at the moment and i can honestly say that there is not a lot between the 2 sides on their day.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach294No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: dubairl "what did he actually say what is so ridiculous? i said on here after the widnes loss we will win silverware this season and the only team to have any worry about is wolfies and even last night i wasn't really worried. your team is looking old and tired with a couple of good youngsters in it.'"

Our old and tired team is 1 point behind you who have already hit their peak regardless of what Tomkins said. and we are 1/1 win against you so far this season

RankPostsTeam
International Star425No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52427_1284563381.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52427.jpg

To be honest i thought our performance against leeds last night was more impressive than yours last week. Taking away the fact that leeds were p**s poor both weeks you managed 50 points in perfect conditions yet we still managed to destroy them in the first 20 mins in what can only be described as attrocious weather. The weather did play a part in our 2nd half performance and barring a couple of soft tries we would have humiliated them like you did the week before. I aint by any means knocking wigans performance cause to go to headingly and put 50 past them takes some doing but i personally was more impressed with our performance under those conditions. Looking forward to some huge wire/wigan games this year though, just hope either of us dont provide an anti climax like last year.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman27757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34_1430670222.jpg
[url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-n8:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]An Ode to Sepp Blatter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/s1ImSi-dadbod:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Dadbod[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-mK:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Next In Line To The Throne[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://mcclennan.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/st-helens-and-a-fitting-end-to-a-season-of-unsung-heroes/:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://twitter.com/cinematicsoul:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Follow my wisdom on Twitter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-aA:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34.jpg

Quote: Deano G "It's not a question of overconfidence. The strength that Wigan have in the forwards is rivalled in the SL era only by the Bradford pack of the early noughties.'"

Give over man. No doubt you are playing exceptionally well at the moment and the work that your pack is doing is terrific, however I'd take the Saints pack of '06 over your current lot who are playing above themselves.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman27757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34_1430670222.jpg
[url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-n8:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]An Ode to Sepp Blatter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/s1ImSi-dadbod:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Dadbod[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-mK:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Next In Line To The Throne[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://mcclennan.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/st-helens-and-a-fitting-end-to-a-season-of-unsung-heroes/:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://twitter.com/cinematicsoul:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Follow my wisdom on Twitter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-aA:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34.jpg

Quote: matty wire 75 "To be honest i thought our performance against leeds last night was more impressive than yours last week. Taking away the fact that leeds were p**s poor both weeks you managed 50 points in perfect conditions yet we still managed to destroy them in the first 20 mins in what can only be described as attrocious weather. The weather did play a part in our 2nd half performance and barring a couple of soft tries we would have humiliated them like you did the week before. I aint by any means knocking wigans performance cause to go to headingly and put 50 past them takes some doing but i personally was more impressed with our performance under those conditions. Looking forward to some huge wire/wigan games this year though, just hope either of us dont provide an anti climax like last year.'"

Can't agree with that. Leeds are gash at the moment so any win over them is almost expected.

106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.36572265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
9m
Staying or Not
Les Norton
17m