JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: MattyB "True support is when your average attendance increases dramatically during difficult times. Try it some time.

Or maybe not. By the way how did Wakefield officials enjoy the recent Super League best practice seminar....oh yes, they didn't as they couldnt be bothered to turn up. (Along with Cas, Hudds & Bradford).

Ship up or ship out! You've only had a hundred years!'"

We have increased our attendances dramatically in the last few years but wouldn't expect you to notice anything that goes on outside of Wigan, the self proclaimed home of the worlds biggest, most famous and most successful rugby league team.

As for the best practice seminar I am suprised Wigan attended unless you were the presenters telling everyone how great you are and how everyone shud do what you say. It's a certain arrogant quality Wigan fans have in abundance.

Oh and if everyone shapes up or ships out to the levels you no doubt require, you will be playing in a 3 or 4 team league

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: Bostonslugholes "Ok but we are the most successfull British Rugby League Club in History theres no arguing with that one, i wonder where Wakefield rank on that scale???? I bet your bottom dollar there are teams in the championship who have a better history than Wakey, and lets not forget we are the joint record holding club for the most wins in the world club challenge and the only one ever to go over to Austrailia and win in this most prestigious of competitions, sorry if youve never heard of it Wakey fans i wouldnt expect you too looking at your incredibly bare honours list.

It's bad times for your club im afraid when your sitting below a woeful Widnes Vikings side in the super league table!
Best of luck your team needs skip fulls of it, i say skip because it's probably a term you understand going of recent vists to Wakefield!
This post sums up why I can safely say the majority of fans in RL hate Wigan. Nothing to do with jealousy over your past success but the sheer arrogance and contempt with which you look down on everyone else. Yet in my experience half of your fans haven't got a clue about RL your just along for the ride (you seem to fit nicely into this category).

As for your comment about Wakefield, I forgot that Wigan was the UK equivalent to Beverley Hills. I for one can say I would only be too happy if people as clueless as you don't bother to visit Wakefield.

Keep talking about the past, cos as I said in a previous message, in the SL era your not even top 3.

RankPostsTeam
International Star77No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69495_1358514082.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69495.jpg

Quote: Tricky2309 "Obviously nothing thought of the mellars incident by the disciplinary committee since he was not charged with anything that I have seen despite the incident being put on report.

Maybe they thought they would have to deal with Farrell putting the knee into poore before he got put on his arris if they decided to do owt to mellars.

Sad that the majority of u can't accept your as bad as any one else when it comes to high shots and slowing the play the ball down.

Mind you I agree you should be more concerned about how an inferior team with one man less can score 24 points against you and have another 3 or 4 opportunities to do so.'"

Rather than go by the, always outstanding and fair, disciplinary committee I'll say that from 15 metres away it was an off-the-ball shot and probably a shoulder charge (no wrapping arm movement whatsoever). But keep your faith in the RFL.

Watched the replay a few times (for comedy value if nothing else), if Poore was upset by Faz's "knee" then he should take up another profession. To quote Ricky Hatton "It's not a tickling contest", Faz had his weight on his arms pushing off Poore's back and his knee barely bends. Then again, Poore looks like a right softie.

Wigan aren't bad for high shots. I personally think we should do more!

I'm sorry to have to tell you but the offensive team wants to play the ball quickly and the defensive team wants to slow it down. The ability to do so, to release when the ref calls, to force the defence into mistakes is what makes good teams good and Wakefield Wakefield.

As for the 24 points, I could point to inexperience or complacency, but winning 4 games in two weeks with a score of 218-50 should suffice as an answer.

Why did I bother writing this? You're from somewhere that isn't Wigan. icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach750No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tricky2309 "We have increased our attendances dramatically in the last few years but wouldn't expect you to notice anything that goes on outside of Wigan, the self proclaimed home of the worlds biggest, most famous and most successful rugby league team.

As for the best practice seminar I am suprised Wigan attended unless you were the presenters telling everyone how great you are and how everyone shud do what you say. It's a certain arrogant quality Wigan fans have in abundance.

Oh and if everyone shapes up or ships out to the levels you no doubt require, you will be playing in a 3 or 4 team league'"

We already have a 3-4 team league so wouldnt make much difference. How about you get your act together and put the necessary effort in as a club to makd that a 5 team league? Its not impossible we went from terrible to champions by a bit of hard work.

Because all I ever hear are excuses as to why clubs like yours cant. And how its everyone elses fault. If that makes me arrogant then so be it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016Jun 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:2q2mjndn]"What was it like out there Sam?"[/b:2q2mjndn] "F*cking hard mate" Queensland great Sam Backo live on telly to nine's Tim Sheridan after being named man of the match in a state of origin game in 1988.:

Quote: Tricky2309 "This post sums up why I can safely say the majority of fans in RL hate Wigan. Nothing to do with jealousy over your past success but the sheer arrogance and contempt with which you look down on everyone elsequote]

Boy your a clever one doing that stereotypical yorkshiremon his justice, of course were always looking down on the rest of super league were top of the league man you cant get any higher than that, although seen as you mentioned it we need the hubble telescope to look down on you lot in 11th icon_frustrated.gif icon_frustrated.gif icon_frustrated.gif icon_frustrated.gif icon_frustrated.gif icon_moon.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star776No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tricky2309 "This post sums up why I can safely say the majority of fans in RL hate Wigan. Nothing to do with jealousy over your past success but the sheer arrogance and contempt with which you look down on everyone else. Yet in my experience half of your fans haven't got a clue about RL your just along for the ride (you seem to fit nicely into this category).

As for your comment about Wakefield, I forgot that Wigan was the UK equivalent to Beverley Hills. I for one can say I would only be too happy if people as clueless as you don't bother to visit Wakefield.

Keep talking about the past, cos as I said in a previous message, in the SL era your not even top 3.'"

Arrogance is inherited through success.

You seem to have really big chip on your shoulder regarding Wigan. I can fully understand why, but can you just be a malcontent in the company of all the other malcontents that 'hate' Wigan and let us carry on with our merry lives?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg

Quote: sybutwhy? "Rather than go by the, always outstanding and fair, disciplinary committee I'll say that from 15 metres away it was an off-the-ball shot and probably a shoulder charge (no wrapping arm movement whatsoever). But keep your faith in the RFL.

Watched the replay a few times (for comedy value if nothing else), if Poore was upset by Faz's "knee" then he should take up another profession. To quote Ricky Hatton "It's not a tickling contest", Faz had his weight on his arms pushing off Poore's back and his knee barely bends. Then again, Poore looks like a right softie.

Wigan aren't bad for high shots. I personally think we should do more!

I'm sorry to have to tell you but the offensive team wants to play the ball quickly and the defensive team wants to slow it down. The ability to do so, to release when the ref calls, to force the defence into mistakes is what makes good teams good and Wakefield Wakefield.

As for the 24 points, I could point to inexperience or complacency, but winning 4 games in two weeks with a score of 218-50 should suffice as an answer.

Why did I bother writing this? You're from somewhere that isn't Wigan.
Yes Poore is really soft that's why it was Farrell sat on his .

Wigan aren't bad for high shots? Ok if you say so. Watch a replay of Sundays game and you will see your players doing plenty of them. I'm pretty sure a couple of the attempts Mellars went through to score were round the neck

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5846
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper. Big Steve wrote: The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them. aboveusonlypie... If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.:icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

I am just bathing in all this bitterness... Made my day...

2006 we were as bad as each other, and oh look, you are in just the same "Oh the big boy bullied me again" mode... And i have some news, just because you support a rubbish team/club does not make you as better fan.. You support the club from were you come from, we do the same... We have just been luckier.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg

Quote: Sharpy_4a "We already have a 3-4 team league so wouldnt make much difference. How about you get your act together and put the necessary effort in as a club to makd that a 5 team league? Its not impossible we went from terrible to champions by a bit of hard work.

Because all I ever hear are excuses as to why clubs like yours cant. And how its everyone elses fault. If that makes me arrogant then so be it.'"

You also had a lot of money pumped into the club and a modern stadium to play out of.

Any reasonable person would accept that we were a basket case under the old board and therefore since the new owners took over the following would be positive signs of moving in the right direction in a relatively short space of time:-

- Not finishing bottom first season after admin with a team put together on the lowest budget of all SL teams

- Improving the ground as we told the RL we would

- A dramatic increase in our average attendances

- A vast improvement in the playing squad over the last season or so

- An extremely well respected scholarship programme

- Reaching the play-offs last season

- Progress towards a new ground (slow due to circumstances outside of the clubs control, but progress none the less)

Our new owners have a medium to long term plan to get us where we need to be. Unfortunately, without an extremely wealthy benefactor, these things cannot be done overnight, and laying solid foundations for the club to be self-sufficient is the right way for the club to go.

Ask any Wakey fan and they will tell you there is still a long way to go to get to where we should and need to be, but we are heading in the right direction.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5846
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper. Big Steve wrote: The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them. aboveusonlypie... If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.:icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Fish... shooting... barrel...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg

Quote: Wigan Peer "I am just bathing in all this bitterness... Made my day...

2006 we were as bad as each other, and oh look, you are in just the same "Oh the big boy bullied me again" mode... And i have some news, just because you support a rubbish team/club does not make you as better fan.. You support the club from were you come from, we do the same... We have just been luckier.'"

My original posts were aimed at pointing out that both teams were guilty of head high shots and messing around at the play the ball on Sunday, given some very blinkered comments from some of the Wigan posters on this topic. This then descended into belittling the Wakefield club in a smug and arrogant manner (which unfortunately is a trait that too many of your fans seem to revel in). I merely tried to redress the balance by pointing out that your not as great as some of you seem to think you are.

As for fans, I would hazard a guess that a fair percentage of your fan base have never known the bad times, and a bit like Bradford, were you to have a sustained period of finishing outside the top 8, these people would drift away. Contrast that with us, where other than the odd appearance in the playoffs, we have spent more time struggling at the wrong end of the league, and I am sure you would agree it is more difficult to follow and stick with a team like us then to follow Wigan

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15448
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: Tricky2309 "My original posts were aimed at pointing out that both teams were guilty of head high shots and messing around at the play the ball on Sunday, given some very blinkered comments from some of the Wigan posters on this topic. This then descended into belittling the Wakefield club in a smug and arrogant manner (which unfortunately is a trait that too many of your fans seem to revel in). I merely tried to redress the balance by pointing out that your not as great as some of you seem to think you are.

As for fans, I would hazard a guess that a fair percentage of your fan base have never known the bad times, and a bit like Bradford, were you to have a sustained period of finishing outside the top 8, these people would drift away. Contrast that with us, where other than the odd appearance in the playoffs, we have spent more time struggling at the wrong end of the league, and I am sure you would agree it is more difficult to follow and stick with a team like us then to follow Wigan'"

No doubt someone will come back with the fact our attendances went up during our near-relegation season, but I agree with most of your points. We definitely do have bandwagoners who only started watching us three years ago or thereabouts. They leave early/start booing if we don't win and often don't turn up to the smaller games. If Wigan went as bad as Wakey I'd carry on watching us, but if we were that bad before I started watching, I can't say for sure whether I'd have started watching in the first place.

RankPostsTeam
International Star290No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tricky2309 "TBH I didn't see us doing anything that Wigan weren't doing either as far as messing about at the play the ball and high tackles were concerned. Hicks made some strange calls seemingly letting these things ride on some occasions and penalising them on others.

At least none of our lads resorted to the "dying swan" act that Tomkins utilised on numerous occasions to try and milk a penalty.'"

I thought this would dissolve from his game as he matured, but it's getting worse. He's embarrassing and I'm not even a Wigan fan.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10174_1376908073.png
23 - 20 - 4 Warrington led 16-2 in Saturday's Grand Final, but their joy was short-lived as Wigan roared back to win the Super League title and extend the Wire's 58-year wait to be champions:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10174.png

Re: the salary cap creating a level playing field.

It hasn't. All clubs do not spend the same amount regardless of a 'cap' - some spend a lot, some don't - same as in the 80s/90s (when Wigan weren't the only big spenders).

ATEOTD, the Grand Final will be won by either Leeds, Wigan or Saints and maybe the Wolfs if Dad's Army doesn't run out of steam.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg

Quote: Grimmy "No doubt someone will come back with the fact our attendances went up during our near-relegation season, but I agree with most of your points. We definitely do have bandwagoners who only started watching us three years ago or thereabouts. They leave early/start booing if we don't win and often don't turn up to the smaller games. If Wigan went as bad as Wakey I'd carry on watching us, but if we were that bad before I started watching, I can't say for sure whether I'd have started watching in the first place.'"

A reasonable post - only took till page 7.

I have been watching Wakey for 30 years, the only silverware won in that time being the Yorkshire Cup and the Northern Ford (or whatever it was called at the time) Grand Final. As you can imagine in that period I have seen some shocking performances, witnessed the club at times lurch from one crisis to another, yet I still go watch every home game (even though I don't live in Wakey and have to catch three trains to get there and another three to get back home afterwards).

I would love Wakey to get to be a regular competitor at the top of the table, but would hope if we ever got there, I would act with more humility to those fans of the less fortunate clubs, than some of the Wigan fans posting on here can bring themselves to do.

84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

15.42919921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
3m
Film game
karetaker
5m