Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71103_1376482778.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_71103.jpg

Quote: RichieS "I honestly think Dec Patton would be a shrewd bit of business, seems a little under rated by Price/Warrington and paired with Williams, would make a superb 6/7 combo....just my two pence worth, but I don't think we need to throw silly money at it.'"

I believe he is a bit of a big time Charlie, loving himself and thinking he is above everyone, hence why Wire shipped him off to teach him some manners and humility. I rate him, but he hasn't really done too much to warrant wigans' interest in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
International Star280
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71103_1376482778.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_71103.jpg

not sure why this topic has derailed from Gildart so much, but in the interests of keeping up with you lot.... can you imagine not only (potentially) losing Lockers but also Bateman at the seasons' end? I'm not saying Bateman is Lockers' replacement long term, but Wigan should absolutely do everything to retain Bateman in my opinion.

you are comparing Bateman and Lockers at the same age, fair enough. But Lockers wasn't much bigger than Bateman currently is when he was Batemans' (current) age. Lockers has evolved as a player in skill, strength and size under Wigan's tutelage and I cannot see any reason why Bateman won't do the same given the opportunity. he perhaps isn't worthy of a Marquee spot I agree, but if money is the issue, which I very much doubt it is considering I am hearing all sorts of reasons he will stay such as his young family etc, then wigan now have the means to retain his services - they should do so and nothing less.

i'd go as far to say that bringing in some big NRL Marquee will not replace Bateman, actually. he has the potential to be Harrison Hansen, Ryan Hoffman and Lockers all rolled up into one.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3726
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4067_1617434324.jpeg
1998,2010,2013,2016,2018 & 2023.....I was there ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4067.jpeg

I think Williams would make a good 13 in the near future, he has the size, pace and can tackle above his weight. There you go loose problem solved icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1072
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wigg'n "Considering Gildart (seemingly) hasn’t been given marquee status, one could assume that Bateman would receive it or we have a signing in the pipeline (if Bateman goes)?'"

It may be that Gildart, or Hardaker now we have announced his signing or Bateman if he negotiates a replacement contract for next season (he is not in his final year of his current deal don't forget) will take up a marquee slot from next year. Until Sam has actually left though we can't nominate anyone else as taking up a marquee slot as we already have the permitted two marquee players.

Due to the rules on cap exemption it may not necessarily follow that the highest earner takes the slot. Of the three contenders Gildart would effectively cost £75k while the others would cost £150k as marquee. If Gildart was on £125k and one of the others on £150k-£199k then we save more cap wise by putting Gildart as marquee even though in that hypothetical situation he would be taking home less.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Phuzzy "Then quote the like for like facts that support your argument then I have something concrete to debate instead of just taking the "this is my opinion, therefore it's right" line. I've offered you concrete information to disprove your theory and you've offered nothing but your opinion in return. That's why I said you were wrong. If you don't think you are, show me why.

You do realize every criticism you just levelled at me also applies to you, don't you? You want your opinion to go unchallenged and when someone has the temerity to disagree with you you're "disappointed with yourself" for engaging with them. Why is that? I haven't insulted you or even been impolite. I've merely offered an opposing opinion. This is a forum. I'd link you to a definition of what that means but you'd only think me condescending or something similar but suffice to say that is what these boards are for. Why would you take it personally if someone takes the time to enter a discussion with you?

Back to the discussion in hand. I mentioned the captain point because, it disproves your "only became the player we know later" point as he was regarded highly throughout his career. You don't necessarily give the captaincy to your best player but you sure as hell don't give it to one of the worst! By and large it is given to the players regarded among the best and, yes, very often to the best. Look at his rivals for the captaincy at international level if you want further proof.

Look, you're entitled to your opinion (even a wrong one!
Right ok...
Firstly I wouldn't classify my comments as a theory, they're an opinion. And of course, which is open for debate. Don't forget the context of my comments; which are that Bateman is worthy of the marquee (I think people aren't realistic about the marquee) and I do, in my opinion feel Bateman is better 'age for age' than Lockers.

You wanted facts? Don't forget Bateman was England academy captain in 2012 taking them onto a tour of Oz, in the same year he won the Albert Goldthorpe rookie of the year award. He's someone, in the same team as Lockers at this point named clubs player of the year 2 years running in 2015/16.
In the same space of time John has won a WCC, a SL title.

(By the way this kills me to compare anyone to Lockers who is my fav player at wigan)
In comparison by 24 Lockers has won... yes you've named it: nothing! And was 28 before his first appearance in a SL dream team.

I think people forget how much Lockers improved in his late 20s.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2467No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9357_1623419489.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/yQKRyyP.jpg[/img]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9357.png

still only 21 i forget how young he was when he made his debut

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jonh "Bateman is not marquee status!'"

He's a realistic marquee player. The marquee, at best, is used to retain current players from leaving for the NRL or Union, as larger salaries and more prestige is available in both Union and the NRL.

People, sadly, still think the marquee is a tool for us to bring in someone like who exactly? Greg Inglis? Cooper Cronk? Come on, see the playing field for what it really is.

Since the marquee became a thing, we've had Tomkins (at the time a high calibre player, but realistically only came to Wigan cos its from Wigan and a past player) and Williams. A player who we didn't wanna lose. Bateman falls into the same category as Williams, that is what the marquee is used for.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hatty "I think Williams would make a good 13 in the near future, he has the size, pace and can tackle above his weight. There you go loose problem solved
Size? For a 13? What?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain334
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75764_1493206153.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75764.jpg

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "Right ok...
Firstly I wouldn't classify my comments as a theory, they're an opinion. And of course, which is open for debate. Don't forget the context of my comments; which are that Bateman is worthy of the marquee (I think people aren't realistic about the marquee) and I do, in my opinion feel Bateman is better 'age for age' than Lockers.

You wanted facts? Don't forget Bateman was England academy captain in 2012 taking them onto a tour of Oz, in the same year he won the Albert Goldthorpe rookie of the year award. He's someone, in the same team as Lockers at this point named clubs player of the year 2 years running in 2015/16.

(By the way this kills me to compare anyone to Lockers who is my fav player at wigan)
In comparison by 24 Lockers has won... yes you've named it
I think people forget how much Lockers improved in his late 20s.'"

Isn't that the point though? There are reasons why O'Loughlin was underrated when he was in his early 20s, and they were often more about spurious comments about leadership or the fact that the team generally wasn't up to much?

Having said that, I agree that Bateman is incredibly hard if not possible to replace like for like, and we should be doing as much as we can to keep him. I just think that SOL is a once in a generation player who was unlucky not to be appreciated in his early years. Come to think of it, I think the way he's seen now isn't that different to Paul Scholes at man United. He's always been quality, but it was only towards his twighlight years when he was really appreciated.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cherry_&_White "Isn't that the point though? There are reasons why O'Loughlin was underrated when he was in his early 20s, and they were often more about spurious comments about leadership or the fact that the team generally wasn't up to much?

Having said that, I agree that Bateman is incredibly hard if not possible to replace like for like, and we should be doing as much as we can to keep him. I just think that SOL is a once in a generation player who was unlucky not to be appreciated in his early years. Come to think of it, I think the way he's seen now isn't that different to Paul Scholes at man United. He's always been quality, but it was only towards his twighlight years when he was really appreciated.'"

This is difficult because I rate Lockers so highly, but I also remember 2006, and I do believe Bateman, age for age is better. I don't think Lockers is a one in a generation player at all. I think it's a massive overstatement, he's 35 now, just look at the players who was also part of the same generation, let me help you out:

Sinfield
Peacock
Cam Smith
Thurston
Slater
Gallen
Lockyer
Inglis
SBW
Cronk

This is getting a bit silly now.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain334
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75764_1493206153.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75764.jpg

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "This is difficult because I rate Lockers so highly, but I also remember 2006, and I do believe Bateman, age for age is better. I don't think Lockers is a one in a generation player at all. I think it's a massive overstatement, he's 35 now, just look at the players who was also part of the same generation, let me help you out

Fair enough, I meant once in a generation player more in a watching Wigan sense, but that wasn't clear (as an aside, never really rated Sinfield as highly as O'Loughlin in almost any facet of the game apart from a masterful kicking game, but that's by-the-by).

I too remember 2006, and I remember a team that was consistently putting in the sort of abject performances that Bateman has never had to put up with. O'Loughlin had to put up with that, as well as the tag of being the captain and Farrell's successor. He was blamed for stuff that wasn't his fault, and imo that coloured a lot of people's view of how good he was even in his early 20s.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5371
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "Right ok...

In comparison by 24 Lockers has won... yes you've named it

Good post. So much so, in fact, that I won't argue except to say Bateman is playing in a winning team whereas Lockers wasn't and you only win medals as a team (hence the usual Ricky Bibey comments when medals get mentioned.) He won nothing before coming to a team already winning trophies.

That aside, I'll respect your opinion, even if I disagree with it, and say if he goes on to be as good as O'Loughlin, as you seem to think he will, then I hope it's with Wigan. Sadly I don't think it will be though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5371
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png

Quote: Cherry_&_White "Fair enough, I meant once in a generation player more in a watching Wigan sense, but that wasn't clear (as an aside, never really rated Sinfield as highly as O'Loughlin in almost any facet of the game apart from a masterful kicking game, but that's by-the-by).

I too remember 2006, and I remember a team that was consistently putting in the sort of abject performances that Bateman has never had to put up with. O'Loughlin had to put up with that, as well as the tag of being the captain and Farrell's successor. He was blamed for stuff that wasn't his fault, and imo that coloured a lot of people's view of how good he was even in his early 20s.'"

Exactly this.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Phuzzy "Good post. So much so, in fact, that I won't argue except to say Bateman is playing in a winning team whereas Lockers wasn't and you only win medals as a team (hence the usual Ricky Bibey comments when medals get mentioned.) He won nothing before coming to a team already winning trophies.

That aside, I'll respect your opinion, even if I disagree with it, and say if he goes on to be as good as O'Loughlin, as you seem to think he will, then I hope it's with Wigan. Sadly I don't think it will be though.'"

Thanks Phuzzy.

You're right, Bateman is playing in a stronger team than what Lockers did; let's look at that point, wouldn't it be fair to say it's easier to be named captain in a weaker side? Let's look a little closer at that 2006 team; Rads making a cameo, Calderwood brought in from Leeds, Richards (his first season perhaps?) Vaealiki, Hock, etc. Lockers hardly had much competition really did he? Not compared to the calibre of today's team, which you rightly said is a 'winning team'; pretty fair assessment.

You spoke of how Lockers has always been made a captain etc, yes he was (as discussed above) only to have his captaincy stripped in 2010 and replaced with a 'leadership' team in 2010 as Madge stated the squad lacked; dare I say it... leadership.
So what other team coach are you referring to? Probably England, or are you? after all Lockers was only made captain after the retirement of Sinfield/Peacock around 2015/16 when Lockers was into his 30's, so I don't know how this strengthens his case to state he was a better player than Bateman at 24.
See; facts can be used to argue for and against the same player.

As you say Bateman is in a stronger team than Lockers was in 2006, so wouldn't you say Bateman had more competition to be name the players player for two seasons on the bounce? Surely it's harder to be considered the player who's had the best season in a stronger team.

I stand by my original statement. Hopefully you now see my case.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5371
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "Thanks Phuzzy.

You're right, Bateman is playing in a stronger team than what Lockers did; let's look at that point, wouldn't it be fair to say it's easier to be named captain in a weaker side? Let's look a little closer at that 2006 team; Rads making a cameo, Calderwood brought in from Leeds, Richards (his first season perhaps?) Vaealiki, Hock, etc. Lockers hardly had much competition really did he? Not compared to the calibre of today's team, which you rightly said is a 'winning team'; pretty fair assessment.

You spoke of how Lockers has always been made a captain etc, yes he was (as discussed above) only to have his captaincy stripped in 2010 and replaced with a 'leadership' team in 2010 as Madge stated the squad lacked; dare I say it... leadership.
So what other team coach are you referring to? Probably England, or are you? after all Lockers was only made captain after the retirement of Sinfield/Peacock around 2015/16 when Lockers was into his 30's, so I don't know how this strengthens his case to state he was a better player than Bateman at 24.
See; facts can be used to argue for and against the same player.

As you say Bateman is in a stronger team than Lockers was in 2006, so wouldn't you say Bateman had more competition to be name the players player for two seasons on the bounce? Surely it's harder to be considered the player who's had the best season in a stronger team.

I stand by my original statement. Hopefully you now see my case.'"

I'm afraid that doesn't really hold up as former SOO and Australian international, not to mention south Sydney captain, Brian Fletcher was in the side along with Danny Orr (former captain himself) and Australian international Brett Dallas. The obvious candidate was Fletcher yet a 23 year old O'Loughlin was handed the position. He also wasn't stripped of the captaincy in 2010 either. Madge introduced something that many clubs, including ourselves use to this day. Are you suggesting that O'Loughlin is somehow less of a captain today because we retain a leadership group? Leeds had the same when both Sinfield and Peacock were captains. Does that lessen their role? The fact that Lockers has been made captain at every level he has played at, from juniors to full international, says your argument has little merit.

You seem to have mistaken the fact that I said I wasn't going to argue your post as some sort of admission that you're right. I said I wasn't... not I couldn't. I said that as you'd provided a reason for your beliefs, which is what I'd asked for so I thought it only fair to accept your opinion as valid. That doesn't mean to say I think you're right or that I couldn't offer a rebuttal of all the points you made. I'd be more than happy to do it now if you like?

As to the further points you raised in this post: Are you saying that being players player of the year makes you the best player at the club? Explain Powell winning the same award. He has never been, nor ever will be the best player at the club. I tip Willie Isa to win it this year. The same will apply should he win it. That award has completely unique criteria applied to it and in no way reflects the overall quality of a player. Do you believe JB was the best player at the club the two years he won it? I certainly don't. You say it's an award for the player who's had the best season. It's not. It's more often won by the player who's had HIS best season. There's a difference.

As for the last statement : Yes I do see your case and I'm glad you explained some of the reasons you believe it. It's good to get other fan's views, especially when they don't tally with your own. It's even better to have interesting and civilized debate. Thanks for that. Do I believe you're right though? No I don't. I'll ask you a simple question. Name the things you think JB is better at than Lockers aged 24? I'll give my side to kick us off.

Passing ability : Lockers by a comfortable margin.
Kicking : Lockers by a comfortable margin
Defense : Both good. I'll say a draw.
Speed : Lockers by a fair margin.
Hit ups : Draw again.
Leadership : Lockers (although I'll concede JB probably hasn't had the same opportunities to show his credentials)
Engine : Draw again.
Versatility : Lockers. Played all the positions JB plays plus both half back positions.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of a single area where JB is better... Let alone 'Far better' as you posted.

Over to you. icon_wink.gif

82 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
82 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.251953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV games not Wire
lefty goldbl
3s
Round 17 Warrington Away
Once were Lo
8s
For the live of god Arthur out
christopher
9s
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
chapylad
10s
Rumours and signings v9
[Gareth]
15s
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
15s
Lee Briers
karetaker
37s
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
41s
Shopping list for 2025
Cuddleclub
44s
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Warriors Extend League Lead with Derby Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Toulouse game
REDWHITEANDB
TODAY
Ashton extends contract
chris2925
TODAY
Damel Diakhate
Eastern Wild
TODAY
Sackings
SFW
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
TODAY
Watson toast
FIL
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Redscat
TODAY
Bradford
BigTime
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
the-bearded-
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
Once were Lo
TODAY
Saints h
moto748
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
christopher
TODAY
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
TODAY
Wakefield H
Bullseye
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,725 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
17:30
Catalans
v
Salford
 TOMORROW
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R15
Oldham
v
Crusaders
Workington
v
Rochdale
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
17:05
Manly
v
Newcastle
 Wed 17th Jul
     State of Origin 2023-R3
11:05
Queensland
v
New South Wales
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
17:30
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Fri 12th Jul
NRL 19 Cronulla58-6Wests
SL 17 LondonB20-34Castleford
WSL2024 8 WiganW12-16St.HelensW
SL 17 Wigan16-12St.Helens
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 16 443 182 261 28
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 17 441 186 255 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 17 280 455 -175 11
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 17 176 649 -473 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10