JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7007.jpg
[quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]IMO, Sculthorpe at his peak was better than Hanley was at his.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="nickmanator":3hoggrzp]billy boston in todays game might pinch a spot bringin the cone on and that bein kind[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="robbierotten":3hoggrzp]Imo Sam Tomkins is a very poor mans Danny Brough he is just a average player getting bigged up by the idiots who comentate on sky.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Deano G":3hoggrzp]Jonathan Davies, who is his equal in [Super League] today?[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]Wellens[/quote:3hoggrzp]:7007.jpg

Some more amusing stuff on here from people that simply don't get it.

Many pro-SC people continue to say that clubs can't pay more. They are confusing two issues: what the salary cap should be and what an individual club should be able to spend. Regardless of where the cap is set a club should not be allowed to overspend (a major and obvious problem with the current system which few pro-SC people strangely seem to acknowledge, despite the long list of clubs getting into financial difficulty - anyone would thing that they had another agenda! icon_lol.gif ).

They are ignoring the inexorable erosion of salaries due to inflation. £100 in 2011 is worth only c£70 in 1998 terms. We are heading for a semi-pro future for RL in this country. This is just basic maths and economics. The game has gone backwards in the last 15 years under the present system.

It's time to start a debate about whether people want the game to go semi-professional and if not, what we are going to do about it. If people don't want a semi-pro future then simply sitting on our hands isn't an option. Before too long RL will cease to be able to support full time professional sides.

And in relation to hazy memories of the late 80s and early 90s I remember clearly an international scene that was much healthier than it is now, with a British side that was genuinely competitive with the Aussies and big crowds at Old Trafford and Wembley for RL internationals.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40493_1265331809.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40493.jpg

Quote: Deano G "Some more amusing stuff on here from people that simply don't get it.

Many pro-SC people continue to say that clubs can't pay more. They are confusing two issues: what the salary cap should be and what an individual club should be able to spend. Regardless of where the cap is set a club should not be allowed to overspend (a major and obvious problem with the current system which few pro-SC people strangely seem to acknowledge, despite the long list of clubs getting into financial difficulty - anyone would thing that they had another agenda!
The pro sc people are the same people that want us to get rid of all the aussies. If the game goes semi-pro they wont come over anymore and that probably suits most of the pro sc guys on here.

I don't remember Rugby before the Salary Cap but I do remember the likes of Hanley and Offiah being on TV all the time and thats just something that doesnt happen anymore.

I remember Rugby players being on Soccer AM too why did that stop?

The SC is NOT the reason we lost on Sunday because at the end of the day the team was mostly Wigan products so its not like theyre yet commanding a massive wage or would have been effected by their wage, however, the only only possible way that the SC could have effected there is that we may have still had Ashton without it but I doubt with his attitude we'd be champions in the first place anyway. The salary cap does nothing to the quality of Rugby all it does is stop clubs spending decent wages on players. If we had no cap we'd have exactly the same squad except maybe we could have kept Ashton at the time (Most players would be on higher wages so they probably would have met his demands) and the players that we lost last year may have stayed too because we could have paid them.

I think a maximum "per player" wage is probably a better idea than the cap. I think capping a whole team means that theres an overly disproportionate share of the wage budget in most teams where a younger player like tuson gets probably about 10-15k while Hoffman is probably on more like 75k because of the way the cap limits things.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think we should just accept that the Salary Cap is never going to be abolished.

In the light of Ashton and Eastmond's defections it doesn't seem quite so heretical any more to suggest that it should be. But if it was done away with, too many clubs would go to the wall. Clubs are going to the wall even with the Cap, so imagine what would happen without it.

There's nothing we can do about this - there are just too many poverty row clubs filling our so-called top tier.

However, to compensate those of our clubs who have managed to develop their business to a successful level, what we need are Salary Cap dispensations on club-trained players - thus rewarding those clubs who are refuelling the talent reservoir, and maybe dispensations on players signed from Rugby Union. I'm not talking about overpaid big name RU 'stars', but maybe some deal can be made regarding their younger players. Just a little something so that, while they're cheerfully taking from us, we can - occasionally and hopefully very irritatingly - take from them.

That would seem to be a reasonable way forward, and I'm struggling to see why anyone would object.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach217No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cruncher "I think we should just accept that the Salary Cap is never going to be abolished.

In the light of Ashton and Eastmond's defections it doesn't seem quite so heretical any more to suggest that it should be. But if it was done away with, too many clubs would go to the wall. Clubs are going to the wall even with the Cap, so imagine what would happen without it.

There's nothing we can do about this - there are just too many poverty row clubs filling our so-called top tier.

However, to compensate those of our clubs who have managed to develop their business to a successful level, what we need are Salary Cap dispensations on club-trained players - thus rewarding those clubs who are refuelling the talent reservoir, and maybe dispensations on players signed from Rugby Union. I'm not talking about overpaid big name RU 'stars', but maybe some deal can be made regarding their younger players. Just a little something so that, while they're cheerfully taking from us, we can - occasionally and hopefully very irritatingly - take from them.

That would seem to be a reasonable way forward, and I'm struggling to see why anyone would object.'"
There will always be someone to object because some people always moan at the slightest thing

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member19907No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1883.jpg
Didn't William Webb Ellis pick up the ball and run, someone should really tell Rugby Union. www.squadbuilder.co.uk:1883.jpg

Quote: Cruncher "I think we should just accept that the Salary Cap is never going to be abolished.

That would seem to be a reasonable way forward, and I'm struggling to see why anyone would object.'"

I can't see anyone objecting to on offset allowance for home grown players, in fact, that should be one of the high-scoring parts of franchise criteria: how and what resources do you place on developing your own talent pool. That said, not being privvy to the assessment criteria, it may well be in.

Deano G, there are three clubs who made a profit within the year, deapite not having their current accounts, I would wager they all have a historical debt. In fact, I will quite hapily send you the last set of accounts for Wigan submitted in 2009 which showed operating costs £500k in excess of turnover. Cite inflation all you want, the simple fact is income streams are being extracted th the nth degree.

As for being a pro-SC, which club do you think would benefit the most from relaxing the rules. Those with a Sugar Daddy, of course, which my club has one, and a very generous one at that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1438No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47567_1459269569.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47567.jpg

Agree with pretty much all of that Cruncher. To abolish the SC just wouldn't be practical, but something has to be done to keep the best young, English players in the game. The salary cap needs, at least, to rise with inflation. There is a difference between keeping the cap the same and effectively lowering it. I don't want to see clubs going into administration or disappearing completely, but I don't want to see a league devoid of young talented players, as they cannot earn a living playing rugby league. Those people who want to see less foreign players (and think that by keeping things as they are this will happen) need to realise that it will also decrease the number of quality English players in league too, unless some sort of dispensation is made towards players brought through a clubs youth system.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator18777
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4.jpg
Sian: Oh that's a very pretty plane, it's all pink and purply Thecko: And it says Wizz on it :shock: [url=http://www.myspace.com/thecko:1apcmlzd]-myspace-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.thecko.co.uk/photos/:1apcmlzd]-Various Photos-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.thecko.co.uk/blog/:1apcmlzd]-Blog-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/registry.html/ref=w_h_em-si-html_viewall/202-2367638-0731855?id=HI88OEDMA7CN:1apcmlzd]amazon wishlist (go on, you know you wanna buy me stuff)[/url:1apcmlzd]:4.jpg

Administrator

Quote: Deano G "
Many pro-SC people continue to say that clubs can't pay more. They are confusing two issues

To put it simply - A club should not be spending more than it's reasonably expected turnover is going to be. Taking competition prize money in to account when budgeting your players' salaries is a sure-fire way to debt & self destruction when, eventually, the team fails to win said competitions.

If you want to double the players' salaries, people are going to have to accept that we either 1) need to sell-out to sky to a level even more-so than we already have done (I'm not sure how that would even be possible, it's just an example), or 2) we need to start paying double the prices at the turnstiles and on club merchandise.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17903_1300914398.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1a02isux][b:1a02isux]IN A WARRIORS CODE THERE'S NO SURRENDER....THOUGH HIS BODY SAYS STOP, HIS SPIRIT CRY'S NEVER!!!![/b:1a02isux][/color:1a02isux]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17903.jpg

I wonder what that STG sides wage bill is ?

More than any SL sides anyway i bet

RankPostsTeam
Administrator18777
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4.jpg
Sian: Oh that's a very pretty plane, it's all pink and purply Thecko: And it says Wizz on it :shock: [url=http://www.myspace.com/thecko:1apcmlzd]-myspace-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.thecko.co.uk/photos/:1apcmlzd]-Various Photos-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.thecko.co.uk/blog/:1apcmlzd]-Blog-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/registry.html/ref=w_h_em-si-html_viewall/202-2367638-0731855?id=HI88OEDMA7CN:1apcmlzd]amazon wishlist (go on, you know you wanna buy me stuff)[/url:1apcmlzd]:4.jpg

Administrator

Quote: wigan_knight "I wonder what that STG sides wage bill is ?

More than any SL sides anyway i bet'"

On a straight currency conversion it may well be. You'd have to get an economist to work out what the average wage per player is vs. the cost of living in the country for a true reflection. Back when sterling was much stronger against the Aus$ than it is now, the common complaint from the NRL clubs was that they couldn't compete with the offers being made to their players by the ESL clubs. Swings and roundabouts an economics, they are never simple and I doubt we have many economists posting on this forum to give us a true answer.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11377
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2960.jpg
:2960.jpg

Quote: Paul Thexton "On a straight currency conversion it may well be. You'd have to get an economist to work out what the average wage per player is vs. the cost of living in the country for a true reflection. Back when sterling was much stronger against the Aus$ than it is now, the common complaint from the NRL clubs was that they couldn't compete with the offers being made to their players by the ESL clubs. Swings and roundabouts an economics, they are never simple and I doubt we have many economists posting on this forum to give us a true answer.'"

I think Brett Kenny is an economist, you just multiply wages by inflation every year and clubs go out and increase turnover by 10% annually (presumably by selling TV rights and shirts to the emerging Eastern European market for RL) until we're paying more than union.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator18777
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4.jpg

Administrator

Quote: FearTheVee "I think Brett Kenny is an economist, you just multiply wages by inflation every year and clubs go out and increase turnover by 10% annually (presumably by selling TV rights and shirts to the emerging Eastern European market for RL) until we're paying more than union.'"

Nah, you just allow the currently successful clubs to use their prize money to pay players more and then bury your head in the sand about the consequences of not having a successful trophy ridden year or having to spend that money on things like ground safety due to deteriorating stadiums etc.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Paul Thexton "What he's actually saying is reverting to a position where two or perhaps three bigger clubs raid the poorer clubs for their better junior talent with transfer fees would be a step backwards, those big clubs would snap up all of the talented juniors and leave them to rot in their U21's teams until the odd occasion where they may be needed due to injuries in the first choice 17.'"

Why would that happen with the home-grown and federation trained rules in place? If needs be these rules could be strengthended.

Wigan have one of the best youth systems going with many players who took part in the WCC game home-grown. Leeds and Saints have good systems and its no coincidence IMO they have been sucessful sides.

If there has been a problem with transfers in recent years in the era of the salary cap its too few clubs doing this and living off other clubs production lines. Hudds are Wigan MkII. Prior to this the obsession with Kolpak players was a fine example of the short term thinking of those running clubs.

Quote: Paul Thexton "The real challenge for RL right now is not to find a way to pay it's players more (which, morally, they do of course have an obligation to do - RL players are, on the whole, massively underpaid), it's how to increase revenues from gate receipts, TV contracts and sponsorship deals. At a time when the business world is recognising it needs to be more thrifty with money, this is a very large challenge for the games' administrators.'"

Well I am glad someone thinks they are underpaid because they are. As to it being a bigger challenge now given the current climate to raise money this is true but at least it should affect the rival sports as well. The problem is the sport has failed to raise the income enough to increase the cap well before the financial crisis happened so I don't see the crisis as a legitimate excuse for whay the cap has remained stuck at the current level. It would be too easy to blame the crisis for an inability to increase revenue going forward over the next few years but I am sure the RFL will do so.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator18777
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4.jpg

Administrator

Quote: DaveO "Why would that happen with the home-grown and federation trained rules in place? If needs be these rules could be strengthended.'"

That's a fair and valid point - with such rules in place it should mitigate if not stop those kind of situations from arising. Although there is also the problem that if you start telling clubs that they must pay some sort of penalty for bringing their junior players in from outside of their own service area you could argue that it is anti competetive and you are denying kids from signing on with clubs that they want to be at, rather than clubs their are geographically assigned to because of where they happen to live and/or play their junior rugby.

Quote: DaveO "
Wigan have one of the best youth systems going with many players who took part in the WCC game home-grown. Leeds and Saints have good systems and its no coincidence IMO they have been sucessful sides.'"

Agreed. My complaint about Warrington at the moment is that we do not have enough home grown players in our side, that is gradually starting to change but given the terrible starting point we had (When Cullen came to the helm, we had one player from the area, Clarke - and he wasn't a product of our Junior system, but Wigan's), it's going to be at least a few more years before we can see the staffing levels even out to a more acceptable "locally produced" level in comparison to Wigan/Leeds/Saints.

If there has been a problem with transfers in recent years in the era of the salary cap its too few clubs doing this and living off other clubs production lines. Hudds are Wigan MkII. Prior to this the obsession with Kolpak players was a fine example of the short term thinking of those running clubs.'"

No arguments from me on that, Dave.

Well I am glad someone thinks they are underpaid because they are.
'"

Anybody who thinks they aren't perhaps don't realise the truth of the matter. the "stars" of the game may be on what those of us on national average wages may consider to be a lot of money, but for what they put their bodies through and the entertainment they provide it is still way too low - and the general unrecognised work horses in teams would be lucky to be on anything even approaching £30k a year.

Quote: DaveO " As to it being a bigger challenge now given the current climate to raise money this is true but at least it should affect the rival sports as well.'"

It will affect them of course but comparatively I think it will affect them slightly less, the more glamorous sports are still a draw, the monies involved may be less but will still be substantially more than RL can ever dream of bringing in. It is the unfortunate truth of things.

Quote: DaveO " The problem is the sport has failed to raise the income enough to increase the cap well before the financial crisis happened so I don't see the crisis as a legitimate excuse for whay the cap has remained stuck at the current level. It would be too easy to blame the crisis for an inability to increase revenue going forward over the next few years but I am sure the RFL will do so.'"

It's good to see you at least agree with me that the only logical way we can increase the cap is to first concentrate on bringing more money in to the sport. I'm not sure those who simply say "we should be allowed to spend more" really realise the financial state of the game and what would be required to do so in a sustainable way. The argument of "we're being restricted to the same spending level of the small clubs" is hogwash IMO, I reckon at the moment only Wigan, Warrington and Leeds are able to spend up to the full salary cap, Saints may be able to do so once their new ground is built and they can start bringing more money in through corporate hospitality and sponsorship, and of course the decreased revenue drain that was maintaining Knowsley Rd for safety in previous seasons, and this season renting a ground from a third party. If saints are already spending at the full level, it would surprise (and impress) me.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8129No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What has the salary cap got to do with clubs going broke?
All the clubs that have gone bust recently have been under some sort of salary cap depending on their division. They, nevertheless, have gone broke. The salary cap has not stopped them doing so.
It original and sole purpose was to stop clubs going broke, it has failed. The SC needs to be replaced by a system that WILL stop clubs going broke.
Perhaps instead of the SC we need a "Financilly Break Even" rule.
Then clubs can spend money where they like and where they need to as long as they financially break even at the end of the tax year.
Club's finances would be judged on the accounts submitted to Companies House.

On the separate issue of recruitment, training and retaining of players then perhaps go the Aussie way and introduce a points system.
The Aussies are trialling a system this year and next to eventually replace their salary cap.
We need a points system to suit British Rugby League and not just replicate the NRL version when it is decided upon.
The purpose to encourage clubs to recruit, train and improve players to first team level. Clubs who produce Internationals would be rewarded and those who bring in Internationals from abroad or other British clubs have a restrictive points base. Easy really.
The RFL/SL need to get to work on it quickly or else it will be another thing the Aussies will be leaving us behind on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17903_1300914398.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1a02isux][b:1a02isux]IN A WARRIORS CODE THERE'S NO SURRENDER....THOUGH HIS BODY SAYS STOP, HIS SPIRIT CRY'S NEVER!!!![/b:1a02isux][/color:1a02isux]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17903.jpg

No SL club could build that STG team..

Its a huge advantage for the NRL teams

95 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
95 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.9560546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
24m
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
25m
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
Recent
Remember in 2017
Cokey
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Wigan Bull
Recent
Barrow
FOREVERTRIN
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
bulls on Sunday
faxcar
Recent
Off Contract 2025
ArthurClues
Recent
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Bull
1m
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
1m
Shopping list for 2025
ComeOnYouUll
1m
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Sir Gregory
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
NickyKiss
1m
Remember in 2017
Cokey
1m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
RockNRolla
2m
This weeks disciplinary
MorePlaymake
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Barrow
FOREVERTRIN
TODAY
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
TODAY
Squad for London
karetaker
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Halifax A
Wigan Bull
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
RobRiches
TODAY
IMG
Crosswire
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
faxcar
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
TODAY
James Clark
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Realistic targets for 2025
the cal trai
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
ducknumber1
TODAY
Club Statement
UllFC
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,263 80,12114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Cronulla
v
NQL Cowboys
       Championship 2024-R27
19:30
Sheffield
v
York
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
20:00
Hull KR
v
Leeds
Leigh
v
St.Helens
Warrington
v
LondonB
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 Sun 22nd Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Thu 19th Sep
SL 27 Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL 27 Wigan64-0Salford
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
SL 26 Huddersfield0-66Warrington
CH 26 Toulouse38-18Halifax
NRL 28 Melbourne37-10Cronulla
NRL 28 NQL Cowboys28-16Newcastle
Fri 13th Sep
SL 26 Leigh0-24Hull KR
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Hull KR 26 693 311 382 40
Warrington 26 684 319 365 38
Salford 27 550 547 3 32
St.Helens 26 584 370 214 30
Leigh 26 548 386 162 29

Leeds 26 514 462 52 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
LondonB 26 317 862 -545 6
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
Sheffield 24 594 472 122 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27
York 25 613 439 174 26

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20