JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20672.jpg
:CROWN: [color=#4000FF:3cyxr5nr]RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012[/color:3cyxr5nr] :CROWN: [url=http://www.christie.nhs.uk/the-christie-charity/donate.aspx:3cyxr5nr]The Christie - please donate[/url:3cyxr5nr] [url=http://www.popbitch.com/home/2009/10/05/red-pepper-news:3cyxr5nr]Greatest headline ever?[/url:3cyxr5nr]:20672.jpg

Quote: AJ "I was just improving your point A million thanks icon_lol.gif

AJ
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12903No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1530.gif
:1530.gif

Quote: Catalancs "A million thanks
icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14322
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27_1469093054.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27.jpg

Quote: AJ "

LENAGAN HATER!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5465
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: "RE

It's quite simple really Dave. We don't need to know until it is finalised. It quite plainly isn't. Now, I for one prefer that the information coming from official sources is exactly that; information, not rumour. Forums like this, not to mention the media, provide a satisfactory diet of rumour if that's your thing. We don't need it from the club too...unless, of course you like the 'Parading-Wendell-Sailor-As-A-Nailed-On-Signing' school of public relations. Each to their own I suppose.

AJ
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1530.gif

Quote: Wigan/Leeds Andy "LENAGAN HATER!'"

icon_eek.gif icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Phuzzy "It's quite simple really Dave. We don't need to know until it is finalised. It quite plainly isn't. Now, I for one prefer that the information coming from official sources is exactly that; information, not rumour. Forums like this, not to mention the media, provide a satisfactory diet of rumour if that's your thing. We don't need it from the club too...unless, of course you like the 'Parading-Wendell-Sailor-As-A-Nailed-On-Signing' school of public relations. Each to their own I suppose.'"

Who said anything about wanting rumour form the club? No me. So that leaves you with one point. "We don't need to know until it is finalised. "

The problem with this is we have Noble going to the press saying he does not know what his future is but everyone has assumed, including Noble he won't be here next year. Therefore these rumours you say you do not like are rife because the club won't make an announcement and Noble is talking to the press. Ironic isn't it.

One dead simple way to stop the rumours over Nobles future. "Brian Noble's contract won't be renewed next year and an announcement will be made in due course who the new coach will be".

I have yet to see a convincing argument against such a move.

Would it fuel speculation over who the new coach is? That speculation is already there.

Would it upset any other club? No, because no one is being named as new coach but the speculation goes on anyway so no change there either.

Would it upset Noble? He can hardly be upset about something he has concluded is the case anyway.

What about the players? Well they are supposed to know and they have their coach saying in the press he expects to be leaving so some certainly might not go amiss there either.

So what positives would there be to announcing Noble is going?

It would stop the Sky muppets having a pop at Wigan for keeping Noble hanging on.

It is always mentioned that Noble has not got deal in just about every match report or bit of news concerning the club. That would stop.

Noble himself is free to pursue other interests if he has not already and won't be constanly being asked about his future at the club.

Noble deserves the situation clarifying and that means an official announcement then he doesn't have to keep fending off the questions.

It keeps the fans informed and , shock horror, doing so is actually a good thing in itself.

Dave

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DaveO "When it comes to this particular issue, the coach, IL is operating under the exact same constraints as Mo was. None.

There is no salary cap that affects coaches so going on about Mo and the cap as regards this issue is irrelevant.

Mo would have probably sacked Noble after the loss to Celtic. Would you have complained if IL had? I doubt it.

Under Mo the situation would have been sorted by now IMO
and if it wasn't and we were in the situation we are in with the coach, the lynch mob would have been out for Mo by now.

I think its a bit hypocritical the way IL is given all this leeway. It's not as if in his short time in charge IL has been particularly great is it? Poor signings in the most part and persisted with a poor coach. He has got the right idea with the youth side of it so its not all bad but it isn't universal brilliance either.

We are coming to the end of Mo's influence on the club in terms of the squad and so IL's excuses for not delivering a good squad and a good coach are coming to an end as well. The honeymoon period is over and he needs to start delivering. That isn't an implied criticism either, its just a fact he has got to start doing so and the coach situation is the first real test.

Dave'"

I wish you'd stop defending Mo's record, Dave. It doesn't give you any credibility. He really screwed up in his final years at Wigan, and you were as frustrated by that as any of us.

Like IFL or loathe him, but for Heaven's sake, don't keep talking as if Mo would have done things better. He was very dynamic the first time round, but the second time he supervised a decline that nearly ended in oblvion. It could be argued that the new guy hasn't yet had sufficient time to steady the sinking ship that Mo and Whelan left behind them.

AJ
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1530.gif

Quote: Cruncher "It could be argued that the new guy hasn't yet had sufficient time to steady the sinking ship that Mo and Whelan left behind them.'"

Fully agreed, but that is an entirely different issue to him "potentially" making a hash of the coaching situation, and the longer it goes and the speculation grows, announcing Wane really does imo look like IL has made a mess of it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: AJ "Fully agreed, but that is an entirely different issue to him "potentially" making a hash of the coaching situation, and the longer it goes and the speculation grows, announcing Wane really does imo look like IL has made a mess of it.'"

See my response on the other thread.

Time to merge these two arguments into one, I think. icon_wink.gif

It seems the lack of Saints trolls on here since their demise began has got us turning on each other. Very unhealthy.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Cruncher "I wish you'd stop defending Mo's record, Dave. It doesn't give you any credibility. He really screwed up in his final years at Wigan, and you were as frustrated by that as any of us.'"

What has that got to do with the point you highlighted? Yes he screwed up with the salary cap but on n the coaching issue I think Mo would have handled it as I said and I think that would have been the right way to do it.

Quote: Cruncher "Like IFL or loathe him, but for Heaven's sake, don't keep talking as if Mo would have done things better. He was very dynamic the first time round, but the second time he supervised a decline that nearly ended in oblvion. It could be argued that the new guy hasn't yet had sufficient time to steady the sinking ship that Mo and Whelan left behind them.'"

This coaching is one single issue and nothing to do with any sinking ships. IMO Mo would have handled this issue better. Noble would have gone after Celtic and you can't convince me keeping him on since that game has done any good at all.

I am sure by the time the Celtic game came around Mo would have had someone lined up due to the fact we had lost so many early season games and that would have been the end of Noble as Mo tried to salvage the season. As I mentioned to Jonh had that happened he and many others would have been quite happy if IL had handled this in a Mo like way.

Dave

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Quote: DaveO "What has that got to do with the point you highlighted? Yes he screwed up with the salary cap but on n the coaching issue I think Mo would have handled it as I said and I think that would have been the right way to do it.

This coaching is one single issue and nothing to do with any sinking ships. IMO Mo would have handled this issue better. Noble would have gone after Celtic and you can't convince me keeping him on since that game has done any good at all.

I am sure by the time the Celtic game came around Mo would have had someone lined up due to the fact we had lost so many early season games and that would have been the end of Noble as Mo tried to salvage the season. As I mentioned to Jonh had that happened he and many others would have been quite happy if IL had handled this in a Mo like way.

Dave'"

Instead IL stuck with Noble without panic and Noble and Wigan have shown form since the Catalans game (when people first started saying he should be sacked) that anyone would be proud of.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach243No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Odemwingie "Instead IL stuck with Noble without panic and Noble and Wigan have shown form since the Catalans game (when people first started saying he should be sacked) that anyone would be proud of.'"

I don't think we've played particularly well since leeds at home. Saints were there for the taking the week after that and we fluffed it and since then we've been far from impressive. Hope it all changes Sunday. Fingers crossed anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Quote: smithovyick "I don't think we've played particularly well since leeds at home. Saints were there for the taking the week after that and we fluffed it and since then we've been far from impressive. Hope it all changes Sunday. Fingers crossed anyway.'"

Against Saints we were superb.

Against Warrington, Cas and Hull, well you can only beat whats put infront of you but I thought we played some great stuff against Wire and cas.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach243No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Odemwingie "Against Saints we were superb.

Against Warrington, Cas and Hull, well you can only beat whats put infront of you but I thought we played some great stuff against Wire and cas.'"

Superb defensively 1st half at saints definitely - but the game should've been won IMO. And yes we did play some great stuff 'in patches' v wire and cas. Just not all-round great displays which makes me think we can go on and win the GF. Again it's just my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2835No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif
To some greatness comes naturally In Smith we trust:Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif

Quote: smithovyick "Superb defensively 1st half at saints definitely - but the game should've been won IMO. And yes we did play some great stuff 'in patches' v wire and cas. Just not all-round great displays which makes me think we can go on and win the GF. Again it's just my opinion.'"

Can't see past Leeds, Saints or Hudds myself. It will be interesting who the highest place finishers pick. It looks tough and one I am looking forward to watching without being in it.

500 posts in 34 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
500 posts in 34 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.24267578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC