Jan 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69704_1656949802.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69704.jpg

Pretty sure this is one of those off season topics that we get every single season.

A ST presumes you will attend every game. If you do, then you can pay a max of £350 saving you £40 (or £3 a game). You then get discount in the club shop and a Magic ticket for half the price. Whilst it sounds a lot, you don't have to pay up front and can pay each month and get the exact same benefits. Buy it early and you save £7 a game.

Now if you pick and choose, or you can't make every game then you still get the chance to save. You can pay £112 for the big four games of the season rather than £120. You then get discount on Magic. Or if you'll attend say 8 games then you can pay £224 (plus a tenner fee) as opposed to £240. Not a big saving but you then get other discounts that may work for you and the more games you attend the more you save.

Apart from give tickets away for free how cheap do people want tickets to be?

RankPostsTeam
International Star676
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Egg Chasing "

Apart from give tickets away for free how cheap do people want tickets to be?'"

Since you askedneed to go, start picking and choosing their games even more.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1002
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62118_1550845628.png
Everything [i:1c0rjla2]is [/i:1c0rjla2]Awesome:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62118.png

Quote: Egg Chasing "Apart from give tickets away for free how cheap do people want tickets to be?'"
I think the auto-renew is probably the better value, but it's always an issue attracting new fans & getting them to fork out for & commit to a full season (especially if it's a family outing). Even without all other prices going through the roof.
One gripe I have, however, is that the wheelchair team's fixtures aren't included in the ST when all the other flavours are. I appreciate it's a different venue with additional costs, but shirly at least some concession could have been made (and there's parking to take into account too)?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1010
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have an adult ST for the SS. I used the auto renewal option when it was first rolled out. My ST now costs me £165 for 13 matches working out at £12.69/match. When you consider the free admission to academy, reserve and women's matches, discounts on cup/play off/magic tickets/Wigan TV and at the club shop and the possibility of taking advantage of the scrum ticket deal I would say it is very good value.

RankPostsTeam
International Star676
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: dr_feelgood "I have an adult ST for the SS. I used the auto renewal option when it was first rolled out. My ST now costs me £165 for 13 matches working out at £12.69/match.'"

Website shows adult renewal price for 2023 is £212, early bird £265 and full price £295.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: muttywhitedog "Website shows adult renewal price for 2023 is £212, early bird £265 and full price £295.'"

There is also an auto renewal price I believe
Based on the price you quoted my 3 would be 567 and I dont think I paid that (ill check tomorrow). In fact wife's just looked and it was 478 so roughly 80 cheaper for 3 tickets than renewal price, so wouldn't be surprised if what the gentleman says is correct.
Renewal means someone deciding to renew but it isn't automatically taken and you initiate the renewal.
Early bird is for new ST before X date.
Full price is as you say any new ST taken after the early bird date.

Hence why I said earlier its a much more complicated situation than the OP of saying that our cheapest ricket is the dearest cheapest ticket
It may be, by a few quid. But the rest of the offerings from Wigan are as good or better IMO for most clubs

Free till 8, don't think anyone else does that
Young adult prices to 24, not many if any do that
Seniors start at 60 (very few do this).
Juniors up to 18, most clubs only go up to 16 before going into another band
The junior prices like for like are very favourable, something like 45 for auto renewal up to 18!!!! In both stands. The east stand equivalent of this 15 plus years ago was 145 each, I know because I used to pay that for my 2 when they were 8& 6 and it was one of my complaints back then.
Now theyd pay about 90 for 2!!!!
Simplified prices I.e. sideline view or behind post view, not different grades of prices.
The Hull prices you quote and say 4/6 games free are very misleading in the brochure

RankPostsTeam
International Star676
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jukesays "There is also an auto renewal price I believe
Based on the price you quoted my 3 would be 567 and I dont think I paid that (ill check tomorrow). In fact wife's just looked and it was 478 so roughly 80 cheaper for 3 tickets than renewal price, so wouldn't be surprised if what the gentleman says is correct.'"

Okay - now at those prices it becomes an absolute no-brainer as you can afford to miss 3-4 of the 13 home fixtures and still be getting a decent deal.

That said, the prices for anyone thinking of buying a 2023 season ticket are too high IMHO for the reasons Ive already stated. Too many of the 13 games will not take place on the stated day/time and missing 2 games makes it unviable. At that point, the potential ST holder decides to pay game to game and if the weather looks bad, or its on TV then they sack that game off too. At the end of the season, they only attended 4 of the 13 games..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach531
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: muttywhitedog "Okay - now at those prices it becomes an absolute no-brainer as you can afford to miss 3-4 of the 13 home fixtures and still be getting a decent deal.

That said, the prices for anyone thinking of buying a 2023 season ticket are too high IMHO for the reasons Ive already stated. Too many of the 13 games will not take place on the stated day/time and missing 2 games makes it unviable. At that point, the potential ST holder decides to pay game to game and if the weather looks bad, or its on TV then they sack that game off too. At the end of the season, they only attended 4 of the 13 games..'"

this is basically what i have been saying in my previous comments.

As a lapsed ST holder, i know there are 6 (poss 7) games i wont make this year due to commitments so financially not worth me purchasing a ST at full price. If i was on a renewal I would probably accept it as a one off, and accept that i wouldnt be saving that much. However, at approx 50 per match (if i got a ST), its too much, so i'm just going to go pay on the day for the games i can attend

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: The pieman "this is basically what i have been saying in my previous comments.

As a lapsed ST holder, i know there are 6 (poss 7) games i wont make this year due to commitments so financially not worth me purchasing a ST at full price. If i was on a renewal I would probably accept it as a one off, and accept that i wouldnt be saving that much. However, at approx 50 per match (if i got a ST), its too much, so i'm just going to go pay on the day for the games i can attend'"

I have said that maybe as a one off there should have been a "Covid" amnesty of some sort i.e. anyone having one say up to 5 years ago could get a Renewal price ST now?

But it's difficult to reduce Full price ST's too much - bearing in mind if people do want a New ST then can get one at the early bird price - as the whole reason for the incentive/cheaper price is to get people to pay earlier/up front etc.
Also game day price - I do agree that maybe 30 is a tad too much - but if you reduce too far there's less incentive for ST's

As I said previously - Judging Wigan on the Cheapest Full price ticket is unfair
People have the early bird reductions chance
The other price categories for U7's - Juniors/ And Junior up to 18 as opposed to 16/ Young Adult options & Seniors starting at 60

So there are multiple facets to the structure and we compare favourably

Said it before and will continue to say it - reducing tickets to 10/15 like some want isn;t the answer as it will drive revenues down in other areas and no way will we recouple that through new ST holders etc ad walk up extras

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach531
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jukesays "I have said that maybe as a one off there should have been a "Covid" amnesty of some sort i.e. anyone having one say up to 5 years ago could get a Renewal price ST now?

But it's difficult to reduce Full price ST's too much - bearing in mind if people do want a New ST then can get one at the early bird price - as the whole reason for the incentive/cheaper price is to get people to pay earlier/up front etc.
Also game day price - I do agree that maybe 30 is a tad too much - but if you reduce too far there's less incentive for ST's

As I said previously - Judging Wigan on the Cheapest Full price ticket is unfair
The other price categories for U7's - Juniors/ And Junior up to 18 as opposed to 16/ Young Adult options & Seniors starting at 60

Said it before and will continue to say it - reducing tickets to 10/15 like some want isn;t the answer as it will drive revenues down in other areas and no way will we recouple that through new ST holders etc ad walk up extras'"

i've no issues with Wigans pricing, and for a professional sport it is good value
my issue is a personal one, in that this season i know i will miss at least 6 games, so it doesnt make financial sense for me to purchase a ST

one thing i may have missed / misinterpreted is the early bird. Was that not only for ST holders or does it apply to everyone. I was always of the impression it was ST holders to retain their seat. If its not and i've got it wrong, then i will look at it for next season without doubt

i have had the benefit of the junior ticket previously when my daughter had one for approx 25 for the South Stand and also got a free ticket for the away matches

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player327
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78137_1709821937.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78137.jpg

Quote: The pieman "i've no issues with Wigans pricing, and for a professional sport it is good value
my issue is a personal one, in that this season i know i will miss at least 6 games, so it doesnt make financial sense for me to purchase a ST

one thing i may have missed / misinterpreted is the early bird. Was that not only for ST holders or does it apply to everyone. I was always of the impression it was ST holders to retain their seat. If its not and i've got it wrong, then i will look at it for next season without doubt

i have had the benefit of the junior ticket previously when my daughter had one for approx 25 for the South Stand and also got a free ticket for the away matches'"

Early Bird prices are for new season ticket holders or existing that miss the renewal deadline.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... s-on-sale/
Quote: The pieman "i've no issues with Wigans pricing, and for a professional sport it is good value

i have had the benefit of the junior ticket previously when my daughter had one for approx 25 for the South Stand and also got a free ticket for the away matches'"

Early Bird prices are for new season ticket holders or existing that miss the renewal deadline.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... s-on-sale/

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

As Bored Wiganner says below Early Bird is a Discount for New ST requests
So the £295 quoted is 265 as an early bird - 212 if you get on the Renewal roundabout and even cheaper (I reckon 30/40 cheaper) if you auto renewal
So the 295 for 1 year may save you 1 game the year after
The 265 for an early bird may be say 2 and 1/2 games
But then the renewal at 212 will save you maybe 4 plus games after that
Whilst an Auto renewal (Which a previous poster said was £165 but I can;t confirm that) may take it up to a saving of say 6 games (Which to be honest is ridiculously cheap !!!!).

Sideline - Which I have

Renewal price: £235 - Saves you over 4 games
Early bird: £295 - Saves you 3 games ish
Full price £350 - Saves you 1 & 1/2 games approx

My Auto renewal was approx 205/210 saving me £190 on just mine - Thats a saving of over 6 games! Nearly half price

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Plus the price of food, drinks ,car parking and programmes have gone up aswell a050.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: MR FRISK "Plus the price of food, drinks ,car parking and programmes have gone up aswell
Shock Horror icon_biggrin.gifOH:
Things cost more in 2023 than they did in 2003 Surprise

(Note to self - Do not feed the Wind up Merchant!!!)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2915
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Jukesays "I have said that maybe as a one off there should have been a "Covid" amnesty of some sort i.e. anyone having one say up to 5 years ago could get a Renewal price ST now?

Said it before and will continue to say it - reducing tickets to 10/15 like some want isn;t the answer as it will drive revenues down in other areas and no way will we recouple that through new ST holders etc ad walk up extras'"

Obviously everybody's income is not the same but generally I think that the prices are good particularly for children. I got my grandson's for £35 and my granddaughters for free. Absolutely fantastic.

I agree on your "COVID amnesty" suggestion but i also think we need something for new family season tickets.
My grandson plays at Judes and he is the only ST holder out of around 20 guys in his age group. If this is representative or even closely representative I find it very very worrying. Maybe a heavily discounted first year for families and an even higher discount if say 5 or more families are from an age group at an amatuer club. Maybe the club could hold "open nights" individually with each amatuer club specifically targeting new ST sales?

123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.5068359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Other Championship Clubs
Trojan Horse
2m
Round 16 London Home
Seth
6m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
6m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
7m
Toulouse A
Bully_Boxer
7m
Leeds
orangeman
8m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
21m
This site is crap
Smithout
26m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
57m
Reserves
BigTime
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
1m
Toulouse A
Bully_Boxer
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
MattyB
1m
Surely its all over now for Watson
Jo Jumbuck
2m
Leeds
orangeman
2m
Jayden Okunbor
bonaire
2m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
DSJ1983
2m
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
2m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
KaeruJim
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
This site is crap
Smithout
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Seth
TODAY
Leeds
orangeman
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Best Wigan Tour Team
MattyB
TODAY
Josh Bowden
Dr Dreadnoug
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +33,242 ↑4680,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10