JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16493_1299497226.jpg
[quote="king warrior":prbr924b]Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week Got to say this is a top signing[/quote:prbr924b]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16493.jpg

Quote: warrior1872 "For somebody thats supposed to be a "hardman",sims doesnt impress me very much,anyone who picks on a 19 year old kid in the manner he did is just a ehouse of the highest order and as for westwood squaring up to sarginson the last time he did that he was knocked out by one punch by cas centre Gray Viane I have no real problem with what Sims did as long as it's punished either by a penalty or, more importantly, a square up from one of our forwards. Half backs old and young have been targeted by big forwards for years. It's part and parcel of the game and it comes with the territory. Williams will be fully aware of that.

I'd back Westwood against sarg though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Pemps "I have no real problem with what Sims did as long as it's punished either by a penalty or, more importantly, a square up from one of our forwards. Half backs old and young have been targeted by big forwards for years. It's part and parcel of the game and it comes with the territory. Williams will be fully aware of that.

I'd back Westwood against sarg though.'"

I disagree Sarge at times has the ability to bounce off players when they attack him.

At times i think Sarge in the new Neo.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1988
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
997_1434186100.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_997.jpg

Quote: Cruncher "RL rarely makes national headlines. Frankly the dailies and national news bulletins couldn't care less about it. We barely exist to them. In which case, for them to give such coverage to a foul and speak about it in such disgusted terms was HIGHLY synthetic. But I'm not just talking about that, I'm drawing a comparison between that very fake reaction to the Flower incident and the near non-existent reaction to the Williams incident - I don't think Wiggie and Slaphead even mentioned it. But as you say, you didn't see that and so can't comment. In which case, best to leave it there, eh?'"

Seen it on the Super League show. You are comparing that to the Flower incident? Seriously? It was unnecessary and did Simms no credit, firstly because it was 2 on 1 and secondly because it looked like handbags. He will probably cop a deserved short ban and a b0110king from the PFU, I wasn't even sure they were punches until I saw the reverse angle slow motion. I agree with the poster who said the crunch was of more concern, that certainly seemed to be what Williams reacted to.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TOMCAT "Seen it on the Super League show. You are comparing that to the Flower incident? Seriously? It was unnecessary and did Simms no credit, firstly because it was 2 on 1 and secondly because it looked like handbags. He will probably cop a deserved short ban and a b0110king from the PFU, I wasn't even sure they were punches until I saw the reverse angle slow motion. I agree with the poster who said the crunch was of more concern, that certainly seemed to be what Williams reacted to.'"

Sims of Wire 1 Match ban, Hardaker of Leeds 1 match ban.

No mention of Clark of Wire.

Edit, Clark no ban after submitting an early guilty plea.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29667
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Quote: TOMCAT "Seen it on the Super League show. You are comparing that to the Flower incident? Seriously? It was unnecessary and did Simms no credit, firstly because it was 2 on 1 and secondly because it looked like handbags. He will probably cop a deserved short ban and a b0110king from the PFU, I wasn't even sure they were punches until I saw the reverse angle slow motion. I agree with the poster who said the crunch was of more concern, that certainly seemed to be what Williams reacted to.'"

It's not in that league but in fairness to Flower at least Hohiha had a chance to strike back (had he not been knocked out) and wasn't being held down with his arms clamped. There was also no obvious provocation in this case.

The punches were nothing punches and that's the difference but it was a real cowardly act from Sims.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1988
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
997_1434186100.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_997.jpg

Agree with what you're saying. It wasn't Simms finest hour from any perspective. My beef such as it was, was with Crunchers likening the incident to the GF one. Apart from his point that generally the media are only interested in a bad news RL story, I thought he was OTT

P-J
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1830No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5845-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg
:icons077e_files/5845-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg

Quote: NickyKiss "It's not in that league but in fairness to Flower at least Hohiha had a chance to strike back (had he not been knocked out) and wasn't being held down with his arms clamped. There was also no obvious provocation in this case.

The punches were nothing punches and that's the difference but it was a real cowardly act from Sims.'"

Hohaia started the fight. Hohaia lost the fight.

What Sims did was a joke - worse than Flower imo as that was a rush of blood to the head after being assaulted. Sims' was a calculated attack on a pinned player.

I also agree that the crusher tackle needs to be outlawed - should be a straight red.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3787No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The crusher tackle certainly has the greater potential for serious injury but, going back to Simms, he talked on the Superleague Show about how his team had had a get together and were determined to come out fighting against us and, boy, did they do that. Their performance level wasn't great but the fire in their belly was. I hope and pray we get similarly sparked up tomorrow. If a couple of our boys pick up bans tomorrow it wouldn't be the end of the world IMO.

RankPostsTeam
International Star505No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: P-J "Hohaia started the fight. Hohaia lost the fight.

What Sims did was a joke - worse than Flower imo as that was a rush of blood to the head after being assaulted. Sims' was a calculated attack on a pinned player.'"

Nice story, not true of course, but nice story.

Flower started it by whacking Hohaia across the back of the head as he ran past - hence the reaction from Hohaia. Flower started the fight, Flower finished the fight, Flower got what he deserved (or at least someway towards it). What I will agree with is that Sims should have certainly been more heavily punished. it wasn't an attack on an already unconscious man, but it was a deliberate attempt to twice punch a player unable to defend himself. Much as with the recent Mark Sneyd decision the RFL are proving they don't really care all that much about player welfare.

RankPostsTeam
International Star862No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Dec 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Big Jim Slade "Nice story, not true of course, but nice story.

Flower started it by whacking Hohaia across the back of the head as he ran past - hence the reaction from Hohaia. Flower started the fight, Flower finished the fight, Flower got what he deserved (or at least someway towards it). What I will agree with is that Sims should have certainly been more heavily punished. it wasn't an attack on an already unconscious man, but it was a deliberate attempt to twice punch a player unable to defend himself. Much as with the recent Mark Sneyd decision the RFL are proving they don't really care all that much about player welfare.'"

Also a nice story yourself.

As I remember it, regardless of a push (because he was obstructing) Hohaia had to chase down Flower to get into the position to get involved before getting unconscious and in a one and one tackle. Two provoked angry punches in the heat of the moment where non of tis started with an unconscious player, don't forget than Hohaia picked up a ban for his part in the event.

Simms on the other hand was in a two man tackle punching a man twice whilst prone, held down and having just been crushed. There wasn't much in the punches but in the context of a dangerous tackle, two punches to a prone player who couldn't defend himself and a lack of provocation...

Another case where the disciplinary seem to look at the outcome and the fact it wasn't the GF and come out with a lenient punishment. Kind of like a murder v's attempted murder problem, why " Strikes – Punching - violent and aggressive – opponent off guard Grade – F" is the note for Flower, clearly Williams was on guard and his received punches were neither violent or aggressive?

RankPostsTeam
International Star505No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: goobervision "Also a nice story yourself.

As I remember it, regardless of a push (because he was obstructing) Hohaia had to chase down Flower to get into the position to get involved before getting unconscious and in a one and one tackle. Two provoked angry punches in the heat of the moment where non of tis started with an unconscious player, don't forget than Hohaia picked up a ban for his part in the event.'"

It's not a story though is it? It's how it happened - the first unnecessary act was Flower swinging his arm to the back of Hohaia's head.

RankPostsTeam
International Star862No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Dec 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Big Jim Slade "It's not a story though is it? It's how it happened - the first unnecessary act was Flower swinging his arm to the back of Hohaia's head.'"

After LH's obstruction, Flower's push/swing, attempted trip, chase back 10m between two Wigan players and ignoring the ball, elbow in the face...

That aside a 1 match ban for punching a prone player twice whilst on the floor without any provocation and being subject to a dangerous tackle (no ban) is pathetic from the RFL.

Adding in what happened to Blake Green too it looks pretty clear that there's one rule for one.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13707_1295067214.jpg
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13707.jpg

Quote: goobervision "

As I remember it, regardless of a push (because he was obstructing) Hohaia had to chase down Flower to get into the position to get involved before getting unconscious and in a one and one tackle. Two provoked angry punches in the heat of the moment where non of tis started with an unconscious player, don't forget than Hohaia picked up a ban for his part in the event.

'"

What a load of knobrot! How was the 2nd Flower punch "provoked"? Was Lance gurgling too loudly? d040.gif
I can understand a partisan view but you my friend take it to a new level. Flower got what he deserved. Sims didn't. I thought the initial tackle warranted further action too. Sims and Flower were both guilty of cowardly attacks on prone players unable to defend themselves. The fact that Sims only got a 1 match ban is an embarrassment to the disciplinary committee. If they really are serious about player welfare they need to be better than this.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2972
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Quote: ryano "What a load of knobrot! How was the 2nd Flower punch "provoked"? Was Lance gurgling too loudly? The people who should be embarrassed by the Sims affair are the Wigan forwards who should have taken out their own retribution on Sims and knocked seven shades out of him but instead did nowt and let a young teammate take an unanswered deliberate thumping.
In situations like the sims one you don't need a disciplinary committee you take hold of the situation on the field and hand out your own punishment.
The next time we play Wire I want Sims cleaned out legally or otherwise. Listen to the Wire barrack room lawyers then if one of their takes a shallicking.
All this skriking about he says she says brings us ever nearer to the round ball game where physical contact is non existent and the moral fibre of players is long forgotten.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4746
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73327_1685730441.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73327.jpg

I'm not one who romanticises the "biff and bash" too much, but I can't disagree with that. And if it can be done legally (and it often can), so much the better! But unfortunately, as you say, that didn't happen.

64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.15478515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
DSJ1983
14m
Proposed rule changes 2025
Once were Lo
17m