JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61641_1313077623.png
[color=#FF0000:18ol665r]A Pie is for life, not just a Wembley Final[/color:18ol665r]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61641.png

It will get to a point of saturation of players either going to NRL or RFU. firstly they will only be the very best that we have and are affordable. It could end up that every player likely to represent GB or England are actually playing in the NRL ( I think this is an extreme).
The long term prospects are the ones to worry about, in this modern age awareness is greater through media coverage and internet, young lads might see that Rugby League in the UK is a poor career choice and actually switch to playing Union. The benchmark for the decline in league if there is one would be the amateur clubs, how many are struggling to fulfill fixtures due to lack of players and how many are scrapping under age teams, this is where the future profeessionals will come from.

Once the roots begin to die it isn't long before the plant collapses.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: BrisbaneRhino "IL and Hetherington have similar views precisely because there are only 4/5 clubs that can afford the current cap - meaning that all they'd do is fight amongst themselves for the same players. '"

They do already. An increased cap would allow them to compete for them with offers from the NRL.

Quote: BrisbaneRhino "I suspect they're also conscious of the fact that if the cap was raised, a lot of it would go to bog standard players. The idea that the entirety of any cap increase would go to lure/keep star players is a nonsense. Historically its always led to generic wage rises, including for those that TBH don't actually 'deserve' it on the basis of what they bring to the game.'"

What is your point? In the NRL they have a minimum wage for players in the squad number 1-17 of $60,000 AUD (£40K) and $55,000 (£36.7K) for numbers 18-25 and I think this is about to rise again. This is to prevent clubs skewing the cap towards their star players (something clubs have to manage for themselves here which IL did and Leeds have done for a while) but the obvious side effect is the NRL's "bog standard players" are also going to be on good money. Of course an increased cap would raise wages across the board. That isn't a problem as it isn't just the star players that are underpaid in the UK.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DaveO "And what would the point of that be? The issues being discussed in this thread are going to affect the game over the coming seasons and even if we win both the CC and GF these issues aren't going to go away and it won't stop our best players following Mossop. Are you are going to happy if Wigan are successful in a poor competition? Some people come across that way but I am surprised you appear to be one of them.'"

Dave, you and certain others have been predicting disaster for Wigan since the arrival of Ian Lenagan. You've jumped on every little thing as if it's some kind of vindication of your position. And yet still that disaster hasn't occurred. In fact the club looks healthier than ever - which suggests to me that he knows more about professional sport than you do.

I don't agree with him on the Salary Cap either (though likewise I don't believe it can be raised in isolation from other key changes, which certainly couldn't happen overnight), though that's just about the only thing I don't agree with him on. The way you and some others keep hitting the panic button in this very public forum would be hilarious if it wasn't so embarrassing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1116No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Dec 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: pie.warrior "It will get to a point of saturation of players either going to NRL or RFU. firstly they will only be the very best that we have and are affordable. It could end up that every player likely to represent GB or England are actually playing in the NRL ( I think this is an extreme).
The long term prospects are the ones to worry about, in this modern age awareness is greater through media coverage and internet, young lads might see that Rugby League in the UK is a poor career choice and actually switch to playing Union. The benchmark for the decline in league if there is one would be the amateur clubs, how many are struggling to fulfill fixtures due to lack of players and how many are scrapping under age teams, this is where the future profeessionals will come from.

Once the roots begin to die it isn't long before the plant collapses.'"

A work friend of mine has a grandson who plays in the saints academy team.. they were advised by an ex superleague chairman that should they be offered a contract to go and play union then take it with both hands... it doesnt fill you with confidence for the future of our sport when things like this are being said

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.:

Quote: Cruncher "So if we go on to do great things this year, will someone preserve this post for posterity and resurrect it afterwards, the way they did with your posts when you forecast disaster because we'd just appointed Michael Maguire?'"

? The two points are completely seperate.

One was an opinion on an untried coach (that I later said was proven to be incorrect)

The other was an opinion on the current chairman which has been proven correct via his own words

Now what exactly was the point of your post?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.:

Quote: Charlie Sheen "People have been predicting RL's demise in this country for nearly 120 years. I'm sure it'll survive a good while longer despite a handful of players leaving to play in another comp.'"

I fundamentally disagree and here is whythis advantage alone that enabled RL to punch above it's weight in terms of attracting many very good players, despite being, essentially, a regional game played in 2 Northern counties.

Without the above RL would never have had players such as Jonathan Davies, Martin Offiah, Billy Boston, Jim Sullivan etc

Even "home grown" players would have left RL very quickly if RU hadn't artificially penalised itself. Do you honestly think that Hanley would have stayed in RL under the current structure?

The reality is that now the equilibrium of rugby in the UK is essentially back to normality in terms of purchasing power between RU and RL.

RL, if it wishes to compete in this new reality in terms of talent, far from penalising itself through essentially cutting the CC year on year in real terms needs to again "punch above it's weight".

One way is to have chairmen who "dip into their own pockets" to fund the clubs.

Or we could just run clubs to break even. There is nothing wrong with this approach, as long as everyone is aware that the talent on display will be of lower quality. In the future it will be a case of, if you want to see real talent in the UK you will have to go to a RU game. If you are happy to see average talent (probably coached up to a "good" standard) then RL will be fine for you.

IL has seemingly chosen the latter. Many on here agree with him it seems - Cruncher seems a little confused as to the point he/she is making, but overall seems to agree with IL.

Personally I would prefer the former option.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1704
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61641_1313077623.png
[color=#FF0000:18ol665r]A Pie is for life, not just a Wembley Final[/color:18ol665r]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61641.png

If young lads are looking at sport as a Profession and are suited to playing a form of rugby be it league or union then they have a decision to make. Play league become exceptional and hope to be snapped up by the NRL who can pay twice as much (only the very best will be lucky enough for this as the southern hemisphere do produce a lot of their own talent) Play Union be mediocre and still earn more than playing league.

To compete on a level playing field rugby league need to raise it's profile and income as a whole to raise the salary cap. There are not many owners who will throw money into a black hole year after year to fund a team, some of them are buisness men not philanthropists

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Cruncher "Dave, you and certain others have been predicting disaster for Wigan since the arrival of Ian Lenagan. '"

That is an outright and barefaced lie.

Quote: Cruncher "You've jumped on every little thing as if it's some kind of vindication of your position. And yet still that disaster hasn't occurred. In fact the club looks healthier than ever - which suggests to me that he knows more about professional sport than you do.
'"

I don't have a "position". And before you mention it (surprised you have not already) I don't have an "agenda" either!

Quote: Cruncher "I don't agree with him on the Salary Cap either (though likewise I don't believe it can be raised in isolation from other key changes, which certainly couldn't happen overnight), though that's just about the only thing I don't agree with him on. The way you and some others keep hitting the panic button in this very public forum would be hilarious if it wasn't so embarrassing.'"

How can you disagree with him on the salary cap when you come out with comments like "...he knows more about professional sport than you do"? Or do you know more than IL on this issue?

Given this is a thread on the salary cap and you don't agree with his stance on it either why do you feel the need to go off at a tangent and accuse people of things they don't do? If you recall the thread on the recent press conference I agreed with Exiled Warrior on several good things IL has brought to the club so just what are you on about?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: XBrettKennyX "? The two points are completely seperate.

One was an opinion on an untried coach (that I later said was proven to be incorrect)

The other was an opinion on the current chairman which has been proven correct via his own words

Now what exactly was the point of your post?'"

Sorry, I forgot ... you're the guy who doesn't like him personally, even though you don't know him.

Yeah, your opinions on IL are definitely worth listening to.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DaveO "That is an outright and barefaced lie.

I don't have a "position". And before you mention it (surprised you have not already) I don't have an "agenda" either!

How can you disagree with him on the salary cap when you come out with comments like "...he knows more about professional sport than you do"? Or do you know more than IL on this issue?

Given this is a thread on the salary cap and you don't agree with his stance on it either why do you feel the need to go off at a tangent and accuse people of things they don't do? If you recall the thread on the recent press conference I agreed with Exiled Warrior on several good things IL has brought to the club so just what are you on about?'"

Give over, Dave. Talk about me 'methinks you protest too much'.

You and your usual partner-in-crime on this matter have regularly been as skeptical about IL as it's possible to be, and yet the club is in a better place than it's been since the early days of Mo (and probably at half the cost).

I don't like the salary cap either, as I've said many times, but having a tantrum because the Wigan chairman thinks it can be made to work is a bit rich even for you and BK.

RankPostsTeam
International Star671No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

does anyone think that IL may be playing a huge game of poker here, raking in the money for the players on the basis that at some stage the NRL / RU Club bubble will burst ?

Hard to imagine this would happen but things like this do go on in the general business world.

Just a thought

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg

Quote: pie.warrior "
To compete on a level playing field rugby league need to raise it's profile and income as a whole to raise the salary cap. There are not many owners who will throw money into a black hole year after year to fund a team, some of them are buisness men not philanthropists'"

I agree. I have repeatedly pointed out whenever this debate surfaces that the sport needs to increase its revenue as to rely on philanthropic owners is not a long term solution. Salford may benefit from it in the short term (if the cap were raised) but I am pretty sure even Koukash won't chuck money at the club for decades if overall he is funding a loss making club. Getting the clubs on a sound financial footing is one thing but having done that as recent events at Wigan show that doesn't mean you are immune from losing players. What is needed is a bigger injection of cash into the game from outside and as I have also said numerous times before the obvious place to look is TV. This is where both RU and the NRL are getting most of their income. Not off gate receipts and shirt sales etc. Whether we have the right people on board at the RFL to do this I don't know but I don't think comments from IL about not wanting to raise the salary cap set out the right kind of ambition whether we do or not.

RL has a choice and it is does it want to be a financially viable career for most players as well as competing for the best players or does it just accept it won't attract young men of potential and mitigate losing its best players as best it can? At the moment IL seems to be operating in "mitigate mode" and some people seem to think this is OK because we are top of the league and because he announces we will see Mossop again in two or three years time IF he doesn't stay in Oz.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg

Quote: Cruncher "Give over, Dave. Talk about me 'methinks you protest too much'.

You and your usual partner-in-crime on this matter have regularly been as skeptical about IL as it's possible to be, and yet the club is in a better place than it's been since the early days of Mo (and probably at half the cost).

'"

This is more utter b@llocks from you regarding my position on IL and what he does. I have been on record about how good the Orrell facilities are, how well IL has done with repairing the image of the club and numerous other points. As I said I agreed with EW only the other day on the things they pointed out as positive aspects of his tenure here. I have certainly not been "predicting disater" as you put it in the post I replied to. (Your backtracking and current accusation of merely being a skeptic are duly noted).

Quote: Cruncher "I don't like the salary cap either, as I've said many times, but having a tantrum because the Wigan chairman thinks it can be made to work is a bit rich even for you and BK.'"

I know you don't like the salary cap but in your rush to have a go at me and BK you are now having to defend IL's current approach which is really quite funny.

The only tantrum I can see is from you flinging false accusations around. I am merely voicing an opinion as to why I disagree with his comments in the article linked to at the start of this thread. Perhaps if you kept on-topic you wouldn't feel the need to preface your posts with the personal comments?

If you read the article its clear his way of getting the salary cap to work is to put in place a proper wage structure. I have no doubt that is a good thing in itself and that it works in that sense but I have no idea why that is a reason not to raise the cap, why that will help retain players or attract them in the first place. There is nothing in that article from IL that tells me why whether Wigan have a proper wage structure or not that the salary cap "works" as you put it in that regard.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1704
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61641_1313077623.png

Salary cap and a proper wage structure are perfect in regards to Super League as all the teams have to work within the same monetary restrictions. But we are now having to compete with the NRL and Union to keep our best players. We might be able to pay a star player £400k but that leaves less for the rest of the team and could weaken us compared to other SL clubs and it is still a lot less than a world class player can earn in the NRL and Union.

Unless we can offer what the other 2 organisation can then we will see less world class stars playing in our competition and this can only be achieved by greater funding from outside the game in the way of TV revenue and sponsorship....

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg

Quote: pie.warrior "Salary cap and a proper wage structure are perfect in regards to Super League as all the teams have to work within the same monetary restrictions. But we are now having to compete with the NRL and Union to keep our best players. We might be able to pay a star player £400k but that leaves less for the rest of the team and could weaken us compared to other SL clubs and it is still a lot less than a world class player can earn in the NRL and Union.

Unless we can offer what the other 2 organisation can then we will see less world class stars playing in our competition and this can only be achieved by greater funding from outside the game in the way of TV revenue and sponsorship....'"

I agree with you on the "how" we need to fund an increase in the cap so we can compete. I am not daft enough to think IL can fund an increase from his back pocket but I really would like to think he was working to increasing the funding rather than saying he doesn't want the cap increased. A statement saying he doesn't agree with increasing the cap unless the game can secure more revenue (and it is working to do so) would be fine as it acknowledges the problem.

Here is another player off to the NRLhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/22350817rl

and Wire have a similar clause to us with Mossop so I am sure that makes it all OK!

143 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
143 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.36767578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
mwindass
5m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
5m
Arthur In
KaeruJim
6m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
7m
Saints h
Cbr1000rr
7m
TV games not Wire
Wanderer
12m
Toulouse game
REDWHITEANDB
16m
TV Games - Not Hull
mwindass
17m
Bradford Away 140724
Trojan Horse
19m
Squad 2024
Listenup94
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV games not Wire
Wanderer
1m
Odsal lease up for sale
Bull Mania
1m
Bradford Away 140724
Trojan Horse
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
1m
Arthur In
KaeruJim
1m
Toulouse game
REDWHITEANDB
1m
This site is crap
FGB
1m
Squad 2024
Listenup94
1m
Rumours and signings v9
[Gareth]
2m
Lewis Murphy
imwakefieldt
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Toulouse game
REDWHITEANDB
TODAY
Ashton extends contract
chris2925
TODAY
Damel Diakhate
Eastern Wild
TODAY
Sackings
SFW
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
TODAY
Watson toast
FIL
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Redscat
TODAY
Bradford
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
KaeruJim
TODAY
Saints h
Cbr1000rr
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
christopher
TODAY
Arthur In
KaeruJim
TODAY
Wakefield H
Bullseye
TODAY
Squad for Leeds
Or thane
TODAY
Academy Internationa
Winslade's O
TODAY
Jamie Humphreys NRL Debut
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
York v Dons Sunday 14th July 2024 3pm
Kick and cha
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +13,163 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
 FT
Hover 
Cronulla
58-6
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
 FT 
WiganW
12-16
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17

20:00
LondonB
8-34
Castleford
Milnes Try and Goal

Wigan
10-12
St.Helens
UPDATE! Keighran Try
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
17:30
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB8-34Castleford
WSL2024
WiganW12-16St.HelensW
SL
Wigan10-12St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Fri 12th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Cronulla58-6Wests
SL
LIVE
LondonB8-34Castleford
WSL2024
LIVE
WiganW12-16St.HelensW
SL
LIVE
Wigan10-12St.Helens
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 16 433 176 257 27
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 17 435 176 259 23
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 17 268 443 -175 11
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 17 164 637 -473 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10