JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Bit harsh on Tim, Wigan need stability now and we're slowly getting there.

Personally I thought Sam looked good enough to start and play a full 80 without any issue, and for me this could be the key.
Tim allowed the chance to be a true 7 playing with Sam at 6 could improve Tim. He could focus and passing and organising while Sam takes care of being a good number 6 getting SL experience playing with the first team.
Remember, when Tim was top notch over in Oz he was a true 7 playing along side a 6.

Getting Sam and Tim playing together regularly is what we need, we all know they're both very good players, just need the right setting.

So this for me leaves Tommy at 9, who for me, has been the best number 9 we have this season. He was very good at 9 in the WC, if he is spelled playing week in week out at 9 he'll only get better.
My issue Riddell, whether he is carrying a knock or just unfit he is not firing on all cylinders. Maybe time to get over an injury or to get match fit in the reserves, the issue is he isn't doing it. So, who is spell with Tommy is the issue for me-Riddell or McClorum, if Sam or Ainscough would have started as slow as Riddell they would have been dropped by now, is there a different rule for big name imports?

My team for next week:

1 Richards (Best FB we have)
2 Roberts (Speedy winger)
3 Bailey (Solid in defense, I thought he did well against Quins, better than Goulding or Phelps)
4 Carmont (Best C we have)
5 Ainscough (Quick step Robinson esq winger)
6 Tomkins (Ready to start, to play with TS)
7 Smith (Out and out 7, let him play that why to get the best from him)
8 Fielden (Why not)
9 Tommy (Best 9 we have)
10 O Carroll (Better than Coley, young lad who is getting better with each game)
11 Hansen (Tackle machine)
12 Lockers (Tackle machine)
13 Tomkins (Best Loose we have)
----------------
14 Feka (Impact! interchange with O Carroll)
15 Hock (Impact! Runs like a prop, interchange with Fielden for me. Hock, Lockers and Hansen on the field at one time is solid enough)
16 Riddell/McClorum (Take your pick)
17 Pryce (Could play across the backs or in the pack for size if needed. Offers something else for injuries to the backs and for impact. give the lad a go!)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Smith is a quality player in attack and I have no doubt that he will start to show his class in this area, but his defense is aweful, we cannot afford to have someone who cannot tackle in our team, I fear the worst when we play Leeds or Saints and they target him. Imagine if we had played Manly last night, they would of put 70 on us with Smith on that side.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3787No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Whether 6 or 7 he still has to make tackles. That's the problem with Smith.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Without doubt Tim needs to work overtime on his tackling. Lets hope he is in practice. He's already been found out by other teams.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9453
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13145_1273270974.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13145.jpg

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "Without doubt Tim needs to work overtime on his tackling. Lets hope he is in practice. He's already been found out by other teams.'"

He needs to tackle low, its as simple as that for me. The number of times he goes for an upper body tackle, gets shrugged off and then tries the exact same thing again next time around is baffling to me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2687No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2010Oct 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12324.jpg
Best Wigan No7 ever [b]Terry Newton Wigan legend RIP[/b]:12324.jpg

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "Bit harsh on Tim, Wigan need stability now and we're slowly getting there.

Personally I thought Sam looked good enough to start and play a full 80 without any issue, and for me this could be the key.
Tim allowed the chance to be a true 7 playing with Sam at 6 could improve Tim. He could focus and passing and organising while Sam takes care of being a good number 6 getting SL experience playing with the first team.
Remember, when Tim was top notch over in Oz he was a true 7 playing along side a 6.

Getting Sam and Tim playing together regularly is what we need, we all know they're both very good players, just need the right setting.

So this for me leaves Tommy at 9, who for me, has been the best number 9 we have this season. He was very good at 9 in the WC, if he is spelled playing week in week out at 9 he'll only get better.
My issue Riddell, whether he is carrying a knock or just unfit he is not firing on all cylinders. Maybe time to get over an injury or to get match fit in the reserves, the issue is he isn't doing it. So, who is spell with Tommy is the issue for me-Riddell or McClorum, if Sam or Ainscough would have started as slow as Riddell they would have been dropped by now, is there a different rule for big name imports?

My team for next week

Sounds Ok to me Would have Riddell in as Mc is to slow at the play of the ball

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "Bit harsh on Tim, Wigan need stability now and we're slowly getting there.

My team for next week

I agree with Bailey at centre he is better there than anyone else atm just for his defense, he is useless and wasted in the second row, he will also score afew tries at centre close to the line due to his strength, Goulding had an oppertunity at Hull and didnt score close to the line but Bailey would have.

I think I agree about Sam Tomkins aswell, can he really be any worse than anything else we have? he is no kid anymore either.

I would have Prescott on the bench instead of Pryce though. Im sure Pryce could play prop though icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: MadDogg "He needs to tackle low, its as simple as that for me. The number of times he goes for an upper body tackle, gets shrugged off and then tries the exact same thing again next time around is baffling to me.'"

Exactly. As daft as it sounds he should learn off Sam Tomkins as he has got the art of tackling players, that are much bigger than him, down to a tee.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach451No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10899.jpg
:10899.jpg

It is weird he can't defend. How the heck did he survive in the NRL? Manly's tackling was brutal/slightly illegal at times last night against Leeds.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I've not seen it for myself but I've heard Prescott isn't exactly setting the world on fire in the reserves. I thought he was a cracking prospect b4 he was injured last season, thats my reasoning for putting Pryce on the bench.

Looking at the likes of Tomkins, Ainscough J Tomkins, O Carroll and hopefully Prescott I'm more than pleased with the young Wigan lads pushing through. Hopefully the likes of Farrell Flanny Mossop will push through giving us a strong young wigan 'backbone' to our team. That with some intelligent signings we could have a good structure, for me, the signs are beginning to show.

Maybe for next season

1 Richards
2 Roberts
3 (New centre)
4 Carmont
5 Ainscough
6 Tomkins
7 (New 7 Dobson? icon_biggrin.gif
8 Fielden
9 Tommy
10 O Carroll
11 Hansen
12 Lockers
13 J Tomkins
------------------
14 Feka
15 Hock (like to see Hock made into a house prop?)
16 Riddell/McClorum
17 Pryce
----------------------
Mossop
Farrell etc pushing on for places
-----------------------
No room for

Phelps
Bailey
Coley
Mathers (Sooner take the cash their cap space will leave)
-----------------------
Smith will probably go regardless.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18737No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16493_1299497226.jpg
[quote="king warrior":prbr924b]Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week Got to say this is a top signing[/quote:prbr924b]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16493.jpg

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "I've not seen it for myself but I've heard Prescott isn't exactly setting the world on fire in the reserves. I thought he was a cracking prospect b4 he was injured last season, thats my reasoning for putting Pryce on the bench. '"

I think he's only played one game in the reserves and that was a friendly.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9982No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4486_1428087820.png
Newsnight 13th May 2010: "With the role of Deputy Prime Minister a non-job. Has Nick Clegg gone from King Maker to tea maker????" I kept the faith and I kept voting Not for the iron fist but for the helping hand For theirs is a land with a wall around it And mine is a faith in my fellow man Theirs is a land of hope and glory Mine is the green field and the factory floor Theirs are the skies all dark with bombers And mine is the peace we knew Between the wars:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4486.png

Quote: Rilo "It is weird he can't defend. How the heck did he survive in the NRL? Manly's tackling was brutal/slightly illegal at times last night against Leeds.'"

Well he did survived, and survived well until his health troubles.

If he couldn't tackle - there's no hiding place there.

Maybe he has an injury? Confidence issue?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "I've not seen it for myself but I've heard Prescott isn't exactly setting the world on fire in the reserves. I thought he was a cracking prospect b4 he was injured last season, thats my reasoning for putting Pryce on the bench.

'"

Who cares because when we see him in the first team, he is often our best forward.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1207No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20538.jpg
:20538.jpg

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "
Maybe for next season

1 Richards
2 Roberts
3 (New centre)
4 Carmont
5 Ainscough
6 Tomkins
7 (New 7 Dobson?
I agree with 99% of that, But, if Tim picks up the form he showed in his Parramatta days then i say offer him a new contract, if he rejects then we go for someone like Dobson, who has a quality kicking game, which IMO we are lacking this season. IF, and it's a big IF, we have the cap room I would go after Moi Moi, imagine Feka, Hock, Riddell and Moi Moi on the bench, that would scare the life out of any team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3928No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31169_1279106093.jpg
[size=90:3ev0269q][color=black:3ev0269q] 3 World Club Challenges [/color:3ev0269q][/size:3ev0269q] [size=90:3ev0269q][color=black:3ev0269q] 19 League Titles [/color:3ev0269q][/size:3ev0269q] [size=90:3ev0269q][color=black:3ev0269q] 17 Challenge Cup wins [/color:3ev0269q][/size:3ev0269q] [size=90:3ev0269q][color=black:3ev0269q] ONE CLUB[/color:3ev0269q][/size:3ev0269q] [size=100:3ev0269q][color=red:3ev0269q][b:3ev0269q]WIGAN RLFC[/b:3ev0269q][/color:3ev0269q][/size:3ev0269q]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31169.jpg

Quote: Swant a brew "I agree with 99% of that, But, if Tim picks up the form he showed in his Parramatta days then i say offer him a new contract, if he rejects then we go for someone like Dobson, who has a quality kicking game, which IMO we are lacking this season. IF, and it's a big IF, we have the cap room I would go after Moi Moi, imagine Feka, Hock, Riddell and Moi Moi on the bench, that would scare the life out of any team.'"

Moi Moi won't get a visa.

We need more of a leader as well otherwise we might as well just get Lynch. Petro is one of the more viable options imo.

106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.06689453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Or thane
3m
RD 25 Hull FC H
christopher
8m