FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > Those who complain...
18 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: StattoSi "Well thanks for the insult nice one there, and the stats against which top sides as they are all below us so what's your point.

If you mean Warrington/Hudds/Leeds then they have been woeful more this season than us proof who they lost to.

Warrington - HKR/Saints/Hull/Leeds/Widnes - lost 4 against lower sides

Leeds - Hudd x2/Saints/Wigan/Cas/Hull - lost 3 against lower sides

Hudds - Bradford/Wire x2/Salford/HKR - lost 3 against lower sides

Wigan have lost once against a side outside top 4 so yet again another positive also against the rest of the top 4 we may have lost 3/4 but by as little as 10 points while not being at full strength.'"

There was no insult meant so apologies if you took it that way. It was more of an "Are you nuts?" post. And that isn't an insult either.

You didn't qualify your original statement. It's just the bald stats which make us look the best buts it clear for whatever reason people want to ascribe to it we aren't playing well right now.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1513No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34090_1296322611.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34090.jpg

Leeds finished 5th last season. They are also champions.

Who gives a f*ck how many more points we've scored than them? Not me, and certainly not Leeds

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1876No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28305.gif
:28305.gif

Quote: Bill Sonny "Leeds finished 5th last season. They are also champions.

Who gives a f*ck how many more points we've scored than them? Not me, and certainly not Leeds'"

I think he was just trying to be positive after a disappointing night.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1513No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34090_1296322611.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34090.jpg

Quote: Eastbourne Warrior "I think he was just trying to be positive after a disappointing night.'"

Yeah possibly, slight over-reaction maybe.. who knows, i'm drunk

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner329No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thought tonight's game was largely irrelevant. On Monday we matched one of the best other sides in the competition for intensity and power with several players missing and with a bit of luck could have picked up an away win that would have been up there with some of our finest results in recent years.

Last night we were asked to back that up four days later with even more injuries against an in-form side and looked tired and under strength. What a surprise. Still, I realise that isn't the point of web forums so let's all over react massively on the basis of one easily explainable bad day at the office. Wane out, Lenagan out, Powell out, vote UKIP, something else etc. etc.

RankPostsTeam
International Star993
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
63644_1343901350.jpg
[color=#FF0000:3s5hr9kj]Have you noticed, you can never find a radical priest when you need one.[/color:3s5hr9kj]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_63644.jpg

A lot of reasons why we weren't at the races tonight, and no doubt many will be put before us on these boards today and quite right too, but let’s not get carried away. After Monday no way do I fear the Wire this season, or anyone else. Does anyone really think for one minute that most things being equal (and I know they seldom are, but that’s RL) that, although a much improved team since the start of the season Cas is a better side than us! Or that last night makes us a bad side. Then I challenge them to put £100 on Wigan winning nowt this season. I don’t say they will, who knows, I just ask would you place that bet. Personally I’ll leave my hard earned cash in my wife’s purse!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Last night was poor but that wasn't the first time a team playing Monday couldn't compete when they had to back up on Friday.
The top two teams in SL have now failed to back up on that basis.
Hudds won at Headingly on a Monday then couldn't compete at HKR the following Friday. Same for us last night v a poor Cas outfit, who never the less where far better than us and desrved their win.
The RFL have to do something about this Monday/ Friday shambles.
It is obvious that with only a few teams playing Monday games they should not be disadvantaged by it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41943_1280660400.jpg
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple? "unless you hit it directly at Paul Wellens, it's several minutes before he'll arrive at the ball." Saddened "I'm done. Brown out. If LMS, Turner or Walker get in any match day squad i will not be attending from now on in." LFC Saint:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41943.jpg

Quote: Father Ted "Last night was poor but that wasn't the first time a team playing Monday couldn't compete when they had to back up on Friday.
The top two teams in SL have now failed to back up on that basis.
Hudds won at Headingly on a Monday then couldn't compete at HKR the following Friday. Same for us last night v a poor Cas outfit, who never the less where far better than us and desrved their win.
The RFL have to do something about this Monday/ Friday shambles.
It is obvious that with only a few teams playing Monday games they should not be disadvantaged by it.'"

As usual Ted you talk sense.

Obviously the RFL think the regular season games are irrelevant, otherwise why disadvantage teams like this to the extent of making it virtually impossible to win Monday and Friday. Next they will include extra games at a magic weekend meaning that we don't play each team twice in a season. Tongue in cheek mode off.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach162No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: EastStandFaithful "As usual Ted you talk sense.

Obviously the RFL think the regular season games are irrelevant, otherwise why disadvantage teams like this to the extent of making it virtually impossible to win Monday and Friday. Next they will include extra games at a magic weekend meaning that we don't play each team twice in a season. Tongue in cheek mode off.'"

Wigan's choice to play on a Friday night. When sky fixtures announced could have moved the game or was there bit of arrogance i.e. we only playing cas so should be okay!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: casfanforlife "Wigan's choice to play on a Friday night. When sky fixtures announced could have moved the game or was there bit of arrogance i.e. we only playing cas so should be okay!!'"

And heres another one!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Why don't you ask Cas club why they refused to move it instead of inventing something up?

Congratulations btw best team by a mile won!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5443
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
788_1290880131.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_788.gif

It could be worse: we could be Saints...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Father Ted " Same for us last night v a poor Cas outfit.'"

Just to ease your worries, I don't think we are as poor as you might think. Of all supporters, Wigan ones should realise that we massively underperformed under a very poor coach at the beginning of the year. I seem to remember him having the same affect on your club. Since Mildred left we have looked a decent team and last week beat an in-form Hull FC team. We have a good spine in Tansey, Chase and Clark, some good wide runners in Shenton and Hauraki and some forwards who, whilst not been world-beaters, can graft and will do the dirty work. Now we have a decent coach we are starting to play as we should.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: nottinghamtiger "Just to ease your worries, I don't think we are as poor as you might think. Of all supporters, Wigan ones should realise that we massively underperformed under a very poor coach at the beginning of the year. I seem to remember him having the same affect on your club. Since Mildred left we have looked a decent team and last week beat an in-form Hull FC team. We have a good spine in Tansey, Chase and Clark, some good wide runners in Shenton and Hauraki and some forwards who, whilst not been world-beaters, can graft and will do the dirty work. Now we have a decent coach we are starting to play as we should.'"

Watching the game last night and tbh you should have been 30 nil up half time. But you could have gone behind if Charnley and Richards scored when they really should have. Whilst how great your performance looked to you to us we just saw how awful we were. Not been that bad since 2006 under Milward. If we played against Leeds, Wire or the Giants like that would have been a big score.

Whilst i do think Cas fans feels we are belittling their win last night tbh we are more ridiculing our own performance. We were awful but if we had taken 2 or 3 chances then we could have won that game with the worst display in 6-7 years. Our standards dropped drastically last night and i do think we will not be that bad again.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tank123 "Watching the game last night and tbh you should have been 30 nil up half time. But you could have gone behind if Charnley and Richards scored when they really should have. Whilst how great your performance looked to you to us we just saw how awful we were. Not been that bad since 2006 under Milward. If we played against Leeds, Wire or the Giants like that would have been a big score.

Whilst i do think Cas fans feels we are belittling their win last night tbh we are more ridiculing our own performance. We were awful but if we had taken 2 or 3 chances then we could have won that game with the worst display in 6-7 years. Our standards dropped drastically last night and i do think we will not be that bad again.'"

We do certainly need to be more clinical, and I think we definately missed Justin Carney who is our best finisher by a long, long way. I fully expected Wigan to up the tempo in the second half after a very flat first 40, but it never happened.
Although Chase had an effective game, he was also far from his creative best and it's well know that he is the focus of more or less all our attacking options.
I don't think people are belittling our team, I think all fans find the faults in their own team after a loss rather than looking at the good things the opposition did well.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Cas were the better team by far and deserved their win.
Whilst Wigan were unbelievably dreadful I didn't think Cas took their chances will all the ball they had.
Sainst and HKR played Fri and they are both mid table. I do think if we had played either of those two we would easily have been 20+ points down by half time.
Powell is doing a very good job and the Cas defence was good. With Carney back Cas attack wise will be a threat.
There are those saying Cas fans out sung the Wigan supporters. Yes they did, I didn't hear the Wigan crowd break into song the whole game.
Perhaps, like me, some were at Warrington where our lads were brilliant. I just sat in stunned disbelief watching that performance so soon after Monday.
It was Cas's night all the way round. I don't think I can be fairer than that!

18 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
18 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

13.38623046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Championship Awards
Trojan Horse
2m
Leigh it is
BoredWiganer
9m