JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Lewis Murphy is the best signing of the lot. Not convinced with Sailor at all. Like a Wish version of Albert Kelly. Fully expect Robertson to have displaced him within 12 months as first choice

RankPostsTeam
International Star920No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "I agree the backline looks far more exciting on paper for 2025. Replaced Makinson like for like and then injected some pace with Sailor and Murphy over Dodd and Bennison/Blake effectively. Karapani (or whoever we sign) replaces an aging and unfit Hurrell.

Robertson is showing huge potential and will cover 1,6,7 along with Whitby in the halves too and we've got a couple of highly rated backs in Dagnall and Sambou.

Not sure I agree there is "plenty" to do in the pack. I think we are another solid prop short but that's about it.

Props

I haven't seen that. He showed a few glimpses against us on debut but has looked incredibly vulnerable ever since IMO and only Stephens has shown he may be up to it. I think the golden generation comment will make Rush look silly eventually. He is just playing for time. That i do agree with StephLebronRiches on.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3839
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60223_1310112970.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60223.jpg

Quote: Cherry_Warrior "I haven't seen that. He showed a few glimpses against us on debut but has looked incredibly vulnerable ever since IMO and only Stephens has shown he may be up to it. I think the golden generation comment will make Rush look silly eventually. He is just playing for time. That i do agree with StephLebronRiches on.'"

Harry Robertson will play at the top end of Super League and/or the NRL for the next 10 years and will play for England in the next 2-3 years. Absolutely certain of that.

To suggest he doesn’t have huge potential is complete and utter biased nonsense I’m afraid. Yes he’s dropped a few kicks but he’s also had some great moments in attack and won MOM in our most recent game. If Saints fans were saying Farrimond hasn’t shown potential you’d be saying the same thing.

As for Rush’s comment, we’ve seen Stephens and Robertson break through this year, academy international George Whitby is about to and then there’s the likes of Dagnall, Sambou, Roberts, Cowen to come. Our academy side has also just finished top of the league for the 3rd consecutive year. I think it’s a decent generation to be fair.

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2140
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "Harry Robertson will play at the top end of Super League and/or the NRL for the next 10 years and will play for England in the next 2-3 years. Absolutely certain of that.

To suggest he doesn’t have huge potential is complete and utter biased nonsense I’m afraid. Yes he’s dropped a few kicks but he’s also had some great moments in attack and won MOM in our most recent game.

As for Rush’s comment, we’ve seen Stephens and Robertson break through this year, academy international George Whitby is about to and then there’s the likes of Dagnall, Sambou, Roberts, Cowen to come. Our academy side has also just finished top of the league for the 3rd consecutive year. I think it’s a decent generation to be fair.'"

I do agree that there are a few lads with great potential but killing at SL is far different than excelling at academy level. As always only time will tell if they have the tools to make it. I have seen many a player who has been outstanding at U18 level at Wigan and they have struggled to make it in the Championship. Rush has gambled, we will have to see if he holds all the aces, I really hope for the sake of our game that some of these lads do go onto to play for their country. If they do, they may end up getting poached by teams in the NRL, especially when two new franchises are introduced in 2028 unless something is done about the salary cap and club developed players.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1186
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cherry_Warrior "I haven't seen that. He showed a few glimpses against us on debut but has looked incredibly vulnerable ever since IMO and only Stephens has shown he may be up to it. I think the golden generation comment will make Rush look silly eventually. He is just playing for time. That i do agree with StephLebronRiches on.'"

Massively unfair on a kid who has literally only been FT training for 3 months.

He’s come into a side low on confidence and beset by injuries with a different backline every week. He’s made a few errors without question but has also shown glimpses of his undoubted talent. The golden point DG win against Salford was as a result of his kick return

Whereas Wigan have had the luxury of dipping Farrimond in and out of the side, Robertson has had to play a lot of games when in an ideal world he wouldn’t have done.

I’m willing to wage a decent sized charity bet with you that he will be one of the top players in SL within the next 3 years

RankPostsTeam
International Star407
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72483_1397997052.jpg
[b:90hulqic][color=#BF0040:90hulqic]The only reason they look up to you is because they chose to kneel.[/color:90hulqic][/b:90hulqic]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72483.jpg

I'd probably take a stab at saying the guy that says Robertson hasn't shown great potential hasn't been watching him. He's looked vulnerable under the high ball (but he's not really slated to be a fullback anyway) but he looks dangerous every time he's running with the ball, and seems to be able to create stuff out of nothing. I don't really think you could have watched him regularly this season and be of that opinion tbh

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player288No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

My god. The simpletons over at redvee are getting excited by a reserve Brisbane fullback who can only get a game due to injuries and when plays is terrible in defence. A 32 year old winger with no pace, to replace another 32 year old winger with no pace, and an ex wakefield winger who played about 6 games for them and became third choice winger for the roosters reserve team. Give me strength.

RankPostsTeam
International Star407
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72483_1397997052.jpg
[b:90hulqic][color=#BF0040:90hulqic]The only reason they look up to you is because they chose to kneel.[/color:90hulqic][/b:90hulqic]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72483.jpg

Quote: RobRiches "My god. The simpletons over at redvee are getting excited by a reserve Brisbane fullback who can only get a game due to injuries and when plays is terrible in defence. A 32 year old winger with no pace, to replace another 32 year old winger with no pace, and an ex wakefield winger who played about 6 games for them and became third choice winger for the roosters reserve team. Give me strength.'"

You mean as opposed to a simpleton that gets excited by posting utter crap on multiple different forums, of which exactly 0 people want to hear from them?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach661No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Zig "I do agree that there are a few lads with great potential but killing at SL is far different than excelling at academy level. As always only time will tell if they have the tools to make it. I have seen many a player who has been outstanding at U18 level at Wigan and they have struggled to make it in the Championship. Rush has gambled, we will have to see if he holds all the aces, I really hope for the sake of our game that some of these lads do go onto to play for their country. If they do, they may end up getting poached by teams in the NRL, especially when two new franchises are introduced in 2028 unless something is done about the salary cap and club developed players.'"

What has Rush gambled with?

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2140
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: nathan_rugby "What has Rush gambled with?'"

Probably money icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1186
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The issue we've had and one of the many mistakes Wellens has made is his lack of rotation pre all the injuries. He had opportunities to give the likes of Robertson 20 mins here and there against London and Hull earlier in the season. We were 1st or 2nd for a long while earlier in the season and had some of the kids been integrated into a winning team with lots of experience around them, they would've been in a better position

Instead he flogged the likes of Welsby, Sironen, Clark etc and surprise surprise they've all suffered injuries. This meant that Robertson made his debut away at Wigan and whilst he did well he's suffered since by playing in a team with lots of injuries and low on confidence

What Peet has done well is to dip his young lads in and out, like Douglas, Farrimond etc rather than a concerted run of games where a dip in form can be disastrous.

I don't think its a case of the kids not being good enough, its more of a case of how they have been blooded.

A lot is made of Wigan's Academy and production line and rightly so but lost amongst this is us making the Reserves Final again (finishing top) and the Academy finishing top for the 3rd successive year and winning 11 out of 12 games. We regularly have lads selected for England so the production line is there its just not been managed well

Compare and contrast how Woolf blooded Welsby and Dodd and its night and day. They played a variety of positions in a winning team full of confidence and experience

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5465
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: Stu M "The issue we've had and one of the many mistakes Wellens has made is his lack of rotation pre all the injuries. He had opportunities to give the likes of Robertson 20 mins here and there against London and Hull earlier in the season. We were 1st or 2nd for a long while earlier in the season and had some of the kids been integrated into a winning team with lots of experience around them, they would've been in a better position

Instead he flogged the likes of Welsby, Sironen, Clark etc and surprise surprise they've all suffered injuries. This meant that Robertson made his debut away at Wigan and whilst he did well he's suffered since by playing in a team with lots of injuries and low on confidence

What Peet has done well is to dip his young lads in and out, like Douglas, Farrimond etc rather than a concerted run of games where a dip in form can be disastrous.

I don't think its a case of the kids not being good enough, its more of a case of how they have been blooded.

A lot is made of Wigan's Academy and production line and rightly so but lost amongst this is us making the Reserves Final again (finishing top) and the Academy finishing top for the 3rd successive year and winning 11 out of 12 games. We regularly have lads selected for England so the production line is there its just not been managed well

Compare and contrast how Woolf blooded Welsby and Dodd and its night and day. They played a variety of positions in a winning team full of confidence and experience'"

The problem with this, Stu, is Peet has had a winning team full of confidence to bring them into. Woolf the same. I'm not sure Wellens has. Whether that's his fault, injuries, a team not operating at previous levels or a mixture of all of these is subject to debate. Even when you were winning early doors, I don't think anyone thought you were playing well, certainly in attack, or even knew your best combinations. Bennison or Ritson, is Lomax the player he was, Hurrell's weight, Blake, has Dodd properly recovered from his injury and is he already on the plane anyway, Blake, is Wellens really the man for the job, Blake again etc. etc. Meanwhile Wigan were piling trophy in trophy with a fully firing team and a settled and successful coach.

The two situations aren't really comparable and, although Wellens has undoubtedly a part to play in that, I think it's equally a combination of factors that have contributed to the situation.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just seen the highlights of Brisbane and Melbourne was that Sailor at fb for Brisbane or Adam Quinlan? Absolutely embarrassing defence

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2140
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bazdev "Just seen the highlights of Brisbane and Melbourne was that Sailor at fb for Brisbane or Adam Quinlan? Absolutely embarrassing defence'"

Brisbane were awful full stop, they should be ashamed.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1340No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16487_1311752847.jpg
Wigan home of league:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16487.jpg

Quote: bazdev "Just seen the highlights of Brisbane and Melbourne was that Sailor at fb for Brisbane or Adam Quinlan? Absolutely embarrassing defence'"

I thought that the broncos would kick on from last year, but they have have gone backwards. Talk is all about sailor playing fullback maybe he is heading for a role in the half's.

2871 posts in 192 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
2871 posts in 192 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.04345703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
9m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
ducknumber1
29m