JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As I said in my post we as a team were not great but did the basics for a spell that gave us enough points to hold on to win. We were going nowhere in attack until he came on along with Fielden. With those two we finally managed to hit the Cas defensive line at more than a standing start. He along with Fielden caused the momentum of the game to shift (we were getting hammered territorially and only silly errors had stopped Cas from leading at that point). Without the impact from Feka & Fielden we would have lost. Therefore I consider those two to be pivotal to the win (coupled with our defence). Feka was the better of the two in my opinion due to not making errors in possession. That is why I would give it to him.

JTB
RankPostsTeam
Moderator21013
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3968_1516922165.jpg
scotty 10 says: how du spell eal? is it eel?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3968.jpg

Quote: wiganermike "Without the impact from Feka & Fielden we would have lost.'"

Bizarre. he made no more impact than Prescott tonight and at the point the game looked a little nervy was walked round a couple of times leaving others to cover in defence. Whilst I don't like to denigrate what is just an opinion, far too much clout for me is given by happy clappy fans to players who barge the ball in 4/5 times to great fanfare whilst letting the rest of the team sort out the defence/attack and ultimately the result.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1072
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

JTB

Prescott was his usual self doing neither an exceptional level in either attack or defence but solidly doing a bit of both. He is a sort of under the radar player who builds the platform for the team without being noticed (IMO). We were flat going forward prior to the prop interchanges and lost impetus when the starting pair were back on. I have been critical of Feka before on a number of occasions as he is a luxury player as you need someone to cover his poor defence so that he can be effective in attack (and this diminshes the attacking power of the man covering his defensive frailties). I too have mentioned how people are misled by a few barging runs and ignore that he causes others to have to defend more etc. However tonight we were not particularly under threat from the Cas attack so his defence was not the weakness it would normally prove to be and his impact was important in getting us on the front foot (seemed to me to help morale as well) from being under the cosh. One swallow does not make a summer though and I am not nominating him for MOS. I just think he did an important job tonight. You don't agree with me, it may be that nobody agrees with me but lets not take over the thread debating the rights and wrongs of my opinion.

AJ
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12903No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1530.gif
:1530.gif

Feka icon_lol.gif Behave, total liability.

1 - Gleeson
2 - Phelps
3 - O'Loughlin

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3614No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Roberts was my MOM, thought he was absolutely outstanding tonight, arguably his best game attacking-wise.

O'Loughlin had another great game, as did carmont and pat.

Apart from that, thought everyone was extremely average. Phelps was great going forwards but had a poor game defensively, and for those saying that if mathers had made those mistakes people would be after his head, mathers has never made the metres phelps does, nor the amount of try assists or attacking influence he brings.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach178
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

phelps was for 65 mins excellent and for the last 15 mins made a few mistakes also letting cas back into game with their 2nd try which a dying game a bit closer than it should have been richards was good espcially the 80 yard drop out

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42181_1527427546.jpg
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround." An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42181.jpg

Quote: shaun_edwards_cheekbone "I wouldn't call myself a happy clapper, I like to be entertained by attacking, free flowing rugby. Sadly Wigan very rarely provide that these days. Grinding out mundane victories is largely the norm (when victories do come). However, having said all that, I'll take the win despite the failure to put a very poor cass side to the sword in the first half, despite all the handling errors and despite all the penalties conceded. A win is a win is a win in knock-out rugby and that'll do. Hell, I'll take another one of those next week and I'll certainly take on against Saints...wouldn't anyone? Anyone rather play fancy rugby at KR and get beat than boring tactics, lots of errors and win?

I'll probably get shot down for this, but hey... I'm sure every Wigan fan is sick of accepting mediocrity, but I for one have learned that (at this stage) I cannot expect/ demand of Wigan what I expected of them 15 - 20 years ago. Times have changed, I just wish they'd hurry up and come back.

I'll be taking a few days off from the board now as come this time tomorrow this and every other thread on here will be swamped with bitter, abusive drivel from the unclassy cass fans. I took enough of their drunken, slurring, foul-mouthed, spineless abuse on my way to the ground, I have no desire to have more in the comfort of my own home.'"

Now then chief, I barely ever post on here but I'd just like to argue back against a few of your posts.

Just because you're Wigan doesn't guarantee "the good times" to return just like that. With the salary cap in place (sometimes icon_wink.gif) and Overseas quota in place its begginning to make SL more of a level playing field and more competitive.
As for the abuse you took from Drunken Cas fans, all I can say to that is TOUGH. We brought what 3000ish tonight, there's gunna be the odd ****head. if 3000 came from Leeds Wire or as I'm sure you know, Saints, you'd get it. Myself, I study at Manchester and went via train last year to the JJB on my jack jones and was threatened to be shoved in the river....Bit rough because I'm always up for a laugh / banter with fellow fans, including bigger rival fans from Leeds etc. It's clear to see in your post that you're bitter yourself, bitter your team aint what they were, bitter your fans just turn up and accept mediocrity, bitter that at the moment Wigan aren't really going anywhere, bitter that the Classy Cas fans have more passion and loyalty in their voices then Wigan's? I don't know.
I don't wana cause a war or anything. The best team did win tonight, although nearly managed to mess it up!!!
Best of luck Hull KR next week.
Thanks for reading.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner652No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9149.jpg
[img:1j3nh1co]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3669/bikekelly1002nk.jpg[/img:1j3nh1co] [b:1j3nh1co]“The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.”[/b:1j3nh1co] [b:1j3nh1co]“If you can accept losing, you can't win.”[/b:1j3nh1co] [b:1j3nh1co]“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”[/b:1j3nh1co] Vince Lombardi:9149.jpg

Quote: Towns88 "Now then chief, I barely ever post on here but I'd just like to argue back against a few of your posts.

Just because you're Wigan doesn't guarantee "the good times" to return just like that. With the salary cap in place (sometimes
Unfortunately there are a few people around here with no other agenda but slagging off the team/coach/player of the week for no other reason than it's easy to do. This usually is on the basis that we should rack 60 points past the likes of Wakey, Cas, everyone else, etc... as that's what Wigan do icon_rolleyes.gif

Some elements criticise for boring Rugby, but the ball was given a whole lot of air... which creates more handling errors, oh hang on, criticise for making errors and not playing a basic game, oh no, even though it's being thrown around, we're playing boring 5 drives and a kick and we're cr@p as we can't hold the ball... make you're mind up!

Very disrespectful to a dogged and determined Cas imho. There were a few errors in the game (funnily enough Wigan probably made fewer than in the glory days) but a hell of a lot of these errors were forced errors. Both defences were uncompromising, as you'd expect in playoff football, you rarely get a classic at this stage.

Personally I enjoyed it, I thought we looked composed in the whole, more importantly we looked keen and fresh. IMHO, I thought Hull KR and Hudds, much like we have in the past, looked like they are getting to the back end of a hard season, running out of troops and looking a little jaded, both could have done with the win and a week off, but that's how the league/play offs work.

Two tough games coming up, just need to get Monday - Friday out the way icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4388_1497701973.jpg
[quote="Bonzo":2nk0ihzz]Never mind all this journalism stuff you do, with such accuracy in hitting nails on the head you should be a joiner. :wink:[/quote:2nk0ihzz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4388.jpg

Pat Richards for mine, kicked two touchline conversions, set up two tries and didn't make any errors... unlike most players on the pitch (for both sides)

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9982No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4486_1428087820.png
Newsnight 13th May 2010: "With the role of Deputy Prime Minister a non-job. Has Nick Clegg gone from King Maker to tea maker????" I kept the faith and I kept voting Not for the iron fist but for the helping hand For theirs is a land with a wall around it And mine is a faith in my fellow man Theirs is a land of hope and glory Mine is the green field and the factory floor Theirs are the skies all dark with bombers And mine is the peace we knew Between the wars:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4486.png

Carmont - threaning in defence, and awesome in attack - that try saving tackle in the opening 10 was awesome and right in front of me.

Phelps - got batterred and got up fightingicon_smile.gif

Roberts - one of the best games I've seen him play for us.

Special mention made to Lockers for THAT fantastic tackle. That was worth the entrance price for me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2978
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35345_1422576416.jpg
Don't let your love turn to hate Now we've got to keep the faith Wigan Rugby League:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35345.jpg

Richards for me. Back on top form the big fella. Keep it up Paddy!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29625
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Quote: inside_man "Roberts was my MOM, thought he was absolutely outstanding tonight, arguably his best game attacking-wise.

'"

After watching the game back he's gone to the top of my list.

He made masssive metres, finished his try well, caught 2 really tough high balls and put a cracking hit in on Shenton coming in off his wing.

I praised him during the week and said i thought he'd have a great year next season. Those are the sort of preformences we need him to be churning out on a regular basis.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2978
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35345_1422576416.jpg
Don't let your love turn to hate Now we've got to keep the faith Wigan Rugby League:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35345.jpg

Quote: NickyKiss "After watching the game back he's gone to the top of my list.

He made masssive metres, finished his try well, caught 2 really tough high balls and put a cracking hit in on Shenton coming in off his wing.

I praised him during the week and said i thought he'd have a great year next season. Those are the sort of preformences we need him to be churning out on a regular basis.'"

I think he knows in his heart that he hasnt been the same player for a good month or so now. He's back on form as far as i'm concerned, and not a moment too soon. Kicking well, taking the attacking kicks well [Set up 2 of our 3 tries]. This is the Richards we need for the playoffs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Thought Hansen had one of his best games on the year, good running and really put himself about in defence.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach515No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wiganermike "
Man of the Match for me would probably be Feka for the positive effect he had on the team's attacking and the momentum of the match. '"

icon_eek.gif

I can't believe you actually think that.

Are you being ironic? Have you forgotten to take your meds?

58 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
58 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.07568359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
3m