JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cherry.Pie "Manfredi was the best English winger before his injury, hence why he made it into the Dream Team based on half a season. Sure he might not have cut it for England (because there's no way he'd have been overlooked for selection on that form) but he was still incredible in Super League, and better than Makinson. And I don't agree about Makinson being head and shoulders above Davies either. Makinson is dependable, hard working, safe defensively and an outstanding finisher. Davies is dependable, works even harder, maybe not quite as safe defensively (Makinson is exceptional) but still a strong defender, and is a good finisher (not quite Makinson's standard). Makinson isn't 'head and shoulders' above him at all. He's better, just not by a huge amount.
And Marshall, well he's effectively our 4th choice winger and has received just as much praise as Grace and arguably had a bigger impact for us than Grace has for Saints. Not saying Marshall is great, but you really think Grace is that much better? They're very similar.'"

Ask any Saints fan about Makinson v Davies. I think Davies has potential to be a top SL winger and better than Makinson. But currently his overall game isn't there. I'd argue it's only a matter of time (if Davies is developed correctly) he'll surpass Makinson. I think on here at times people are deluded due to who they support, hence why a saints fan would laugh at such a suggestion.

I'm very pleased with Davies. Especially considering he's on a winger with either a SR makeshift centre or someone he's barely played with. To add this his pivot is Powell, who does nothing to put Davies in space or create within the structure.
Manfredi was excellent. As I've previously stated on he I thought he was the best winger we had at the club, including Burgess and at the time, Charnley. But he wasn't quite at the level of Hall who's proven not just at club level but on the international stage time and time again. In time could Manfredi have been as good? Probably yes. Sadly it could all be a coulda woulda shoulda with Dom.

I think Grace is better than Marshall. I wish I could watch the game with some of you pointing out and highlighting positional play (in defence) etc with Marshall. Not to mention how he's always good for an unforced error etc.
His speed and acceleration is a joy to watch, but it doesn't overshadow the issues.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2088
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "Ask any Saints fan about Makinson v Davies. I think Davies has potential to be a top SL winger and better than Makinson. But currently his overall game isn't there. I'd argue it's only a matter of time (if Davies is developed correctly) he'll surpass Makinson. I think on here at times people are deluded due to who they support, hence why a saints fan would laugh at such a suggestion.

I'm very pleased with Davies. Especially considering he's on a winger with either a SR makeshift centre or someone he's barely played with. To add this his pivot is Powell, who does nothing to put Davies in space or create within the structure.
Manfredi was excellent. As I've previously stated on he I thought he was the best winger we had at the club, including Burgess and at the time, Charnley. But he wasn't quite at the level of Hall who's proven not just at club level but on the international stage time and time again. In time could Manfredi have been as good? Probably yes. Sadly it could all be a coulda woulda shoulda with Dom.

I think Grace is better than Marshall. I wish I could watch the game with some of you pointing out and highlighting positional play (in defence) etc with Marshall. Not to mention how he's always good for an unforced error etc.
His speed and acceleration is a joy to watch, but it doesn't overshadow the issues.'"

You say ask any Saints fan about Makinson v Davies but then say they'd be deluded. What I said in the original post was that Davies wasn't far off Makinson. Having seen Davies this year and last I don't see any reason to suggest he's far from being a top winger (which Makinson is). It's obviously down to opinion, but no way do I buy into that view. The problem Davies has is that he rarely gets to showcase the attacking side of his game because, as you mentioned, there's little space created for Davies. Still, when he's been given opportunities he's generally taken them.

With Manfredi I should have said he was the best English winger 'in Super League' at the time of his injury. That may have been partly to do with Hall not having the same form for Leeds as he shows pretty much every time, but that's not to take away from Manfredi's form. Given the post I replied to was about us not producing quality players compared to Saints I don't think there was anything wrong in my assessment of Manfredi except for missing off that qualifying statement.

As for Marshall, I don't think his positional play is that bad compared to other young wingers who could be considered to be at the same level. And that includes Grace, who isn't immune to the odd positional lapse and error. They both have drawbacks. Marshall is definitely more error prone, but I'd also say that Marshall is a little bit better at creating opportunities for the players around him. I'd also hazard a guess that, having worked hard to improve his defence, Marshall is a little bit better at making his tackles stick compared to Grace, who can be a bit weak in that department.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cherry.Pie "You say ask any Saints fan about Makinson v Davies but then say they'd be deluded. What I said in the original post was that Davies wasn't far off Makinson. Having seen Davies this year and last I don't see any reason to suggest he's far from being a top winger (which Makinson is). It's obviously down to opinion, but no way do I buy into that view. The problem Davies has is that he rarely gets to showcase the attacking side of his game because, as you mentioned, there's little space created for Davies. Still, when he's been given opportunities he's generally taken them.

With Manfredi I should have said he was the best English winger 'in Super League' at the time of his injury. That may have been partly to do with Hall not having the same form for Leeds as he shows pretty much every time, but that's not to take away from Manfredi's form. Given the post I replied to was about us not producing quality players compared to Saints I don't think there was anything wrong in my assessment of Manfredi except for missing off that qualifying statement.

As for Marshall, I don't think his positional play is that bad compared to other young wingers who could be considered to be at the same level. And that includes Grace, who isn't immune to the odd positional lapse and error. They both have drawbacks. Marshall is definitely more error prone, but I'd also say that Marshall is a little bit better at creating opportunities for the players around him. I'd also hazard a guess that, having worked hard to improve his defence, Marshall is a little bit better at making his tackles stick compared to Grace, who can be a bit weak in that department.'"

I actually agree with the meat of your post. Makinson is a better player, but I agree Davies has potential and younger. I read that you thought Manfredi was the best English winger, I disagree with that due to the points raised about Hall, but Manfredi wasn't a million miles away.
I do disagree re-Marshall. For his age, compare his to Tom Johnson, both 22. Johnson is considerably better in all aspects of his game. Or Charnley or Burgess when they were the same age.
Marshall is better at creating chances? In all honesty as a winger, I don't know what you're referring to. Making tackles stick? Again I don't see that at all.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5358
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "oh damn it's Phuzzy...'"

Care to answer or shall I, again, take it you can't?

To use the phrase "ask any Saints fan" is so far removed from any rational argument that I shouldn't even need to mention it. I will though.. icon_wink.gif

As it happens I have no problem with your views. It's the hyperbole you use to express them. So Bateman is not 'as good as' or 'better' than O'Loughlin, the best player we have had at the club in a decade, but he is "far better". Makinson isn't 'more rounded' or 'more experienced' or even 'better', he is 'head and shoulders' better. You don't have to exaggerate a point to make it you know?

For what it's worth my opinion is Makinson, at this point, is slightly the better winger but not by much. Age for age there's no comparison! Davies has, only this season, set a Superleague record for number of metres in a match. That's not just Makinson he's beaten.. or any other winger for that matter.. That's every player who's ever played the game! He's in his first season as first choice winger...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Phuzzy "Care to answer or shall I, again, take it you can't?

To use the phrase "ask any Saints fan" is so far removed from any rational argument that I shouldn't even need to mention it. I will though..
The ask saints fans was to highlight that fans opinions are skewed by the team they support. On a saints board the argument would be a null point, but not on here.
You don't like hyperbole? That's no concern of mine, I do think currently Makinson is head and shoulders above Davies currently, a better more experienced player.
First choice winger? Yes due to injury to others.
BUT... like our discussion Lockers/Bateman, as you'll see in previous comments I am a Davies fan. Other comments explain my positive opinions on him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5213No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27476.gif
:CROWN: I am the hash browns of rlfans :CROWN::27476.gif

Saints fan weighing in so take it as you will icon_wink.gif

Wigan seem to be at using the same recruitment manual as Saints have in recent times up until the last season; projects mixed in with kids (and complete flops). Since Holbrook Saints have started to complement this strategy with a genuine NRL quality player (first Barba, the Naiqama). It gave our recruitment a complete different spin and has positivity flowing through the club, which feeds into and spurs on the kids - hence we’re on a bit of an upward spiral at the moment. Richardson’s running and stepping style is mimicking Barbas more and more with every passing game!

Warrington on the other hand are all about the here and now and forget the bringing players through and projects type signings icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and I’ll sit on the fence about the wingers thing; Wigan and Saints use their wingers in incredibly different ways which makes comparisons very difficult. That being said, Makinsons defence is first class, a great finisher, solid under the high ball and his weakest area (returning the ball) has improved dramatically in recent years. There’s very few in SL I would trade him for.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Magic Superbeetle "Saints fan weighing in so take it as you will
Be interesting to see how Saints maintain they're good form if Barba leaves at the end of the season. Gus Gould naming the Sharks as a possible home for Ben in 2019.
I genuinely mean this, it will be a shame to see Barba leave. He's a joy to watch and is adding some real entertainment to SL, even if that means helping out the Saints! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2088
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "I actually agree with the meat of your post. Makinson is a better player, but I agree Davies has potential and younger. I read that you thought Manfredi was the best English winger, I disagree with that due to the points raised about Hall, but Manfredi wasn't a million miles away.
I do disagree re-Marshall. For his age, compare his to Tom Johnson, both 22. Johnson is considerably better in all aspects of his game. Or Charnley or Burgess when they were the same age.
Marshall is better at creating chances? In all honesty as a winger, I don't know what you're referring to. Making tackles stick? Again I don't see that at all.'"

Johstone is a fair call, he's quality. He did get dropped earlier in the season supposedly for not playing well enough but I haven't seen enough of him this year to know why Chris Chester made that call.

In terms of creating chances, I mean when Marshall makes a break it doesn't end with him, as it does for quite a few highly rated wingers. In my opinion when Marshall makes a clean break he's better than most of his rivals at creating a try scoring opportunity out of it, even if he doesn't finish the move himself. His ability to kick the ball accurately at pace, pick out accurate passes to supporting players and produce offloads in the tackle is something that shouldn't be overlooked. I know there's more of a focus these days on being flawless defensively and making good carries (and that's what makes Davies so impressive) but Marshall's attacking game is definitely worthy of high praise.

With regards to tackles we can agree to disagree. I happen to think it's an aspect of his game that he's greatly improved this year. I don't think Marshall has the same potential as Grace though, and I think Marshall will never properly become number 1 winger at a top Super League club simply because he's always compensating for his lack of height. No matter how well he plays there is always a greater chance that he'll be beaten in the air or overpowered by a bigger winger. I do like that Marshall doesn't let his head drop, and that after a bad mistake against Wire he responded with some good takes under pressure. I just don't think the effort will be enough to reach the level of consistency required.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cherry.Pie "Johstone is a fair call, he's quality. He did get dropped earlier in the season supposedly for not playing well enough but I haven't seen enough of him this year to know why Chris Chester made that call.

In terms of creating chances, I mean when Marshall makes a break it doesn't end with him, as it does for quite a few highly rated wingers. In my opinion when Marshall makes a clean break he's better than most of his rivals at creating a try scoring opportunity out of it, even if he doesn't finish the move himself. His ability to kick the ball accurately at pace, pick out accurate passes to supporting players and produce offloads in the tackle is something that shouldn't be overlooked. I know there's more of a focus these days on being flawless defensively and making good carries (and that's what makes Davies so impressive) but Marshall's attacking game is definitely worthy of high praise.

With regards to tackles we can agree to disagree. I happen to think it's an aspect of his game that he's greatly improved this year. I don't think Marshall has the same potential as Grace though, and I think Marshall will never properly become number 1 winger at a top Super League club simply because he's always compensating for his lack of size. No matter how well he plays there is always a greater chance that he'll be beaten in the air or overpowered by a bigger winger. I do like that Marshall doesn't let his head drop, and that after a bad mistake against Wire he responded with some good takes under pressure. I just don't think the effort will be enough to reach the level of consistency required.'"

Well put. I respect your opinion on this. I don't fully see how you can justify the 'breaks don't end with him' 'kick the ball accurately at pace' etc but I will say this, he's one of few players in attack who gets me off my seat when he's in open space, has the pace and ability to make something happen, and often find the try line, his attack has never been an issue with me.

In terms of age, in puts it into comparison when you look at other players around the same age as Marshall. Davies and Grace are younger, Burgess is only a year older. Whereas the likes of Tom Johnstone, Greg Minikin, Ash Hanley are all the same age, all are more complete outside backs.

I agree re the comments of how Marshall will never be a top 1st choice winger. Which is a crying shame. I'd love a winger from wigan to be the best around.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1010
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fantastic Mr Catpiss "What does Tony clubb weigh in at these days? He looks a big bugger but i found it surprising as a former centre he ended up as a prop'"

17stone 6lb according the club website.

TT is 17 stone 13lb, as is Sammy Kibula.

Hardly small.

Joel is next biggest at 16 stone 9lb, Sutton, Bretherton and Navarette are at 16 stone 3lb and Benny Flower, Caine Barnes and Jack Wells at 16 stone.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5443
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
788_1290880131.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_788.gif

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "Cherry and white specs on hits a new high. Manfredi the best English winger? Over Hall? Makinson is clearly head and shoulders over Davies, however given time he could be similar (if he has regular ball and a good centre). Marshall? Please don't get me started. Another error filled game, highlight was Charnley looking at him keeping him at arms length as he desperately was trying to do something.'"

The worst thing about that was the rest of the team just standing and watching instead of giving Marshall some help.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5358
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "The ask saints fans was to highlight that fans opinions are skewed by the team they support. On a saints board the argument would be a null point, but not on here.
You don't like hyperbole? That's no concern of mine, I do think currently Makinson is head and shoulders above Davies currently, a better more experienced player.
First choice winger? Yes due to injury to others.
BUT... like our discussion Lockers/Bateman, as you'll see in previous comments I am a Davies fan. Other comments explain my positive opinions on him.'"

First choice winger due to injuries to others reinforces my point which was the fact that someone at the very start of his career has already accomplished something extraordinary. Not really sure how you feel that contradicts it but whatever.

There's nothing skewed about asking for the markers by which you make the claim that Makinson is 'head and shoulders' above Davies. Last time I checked they didn't skew statistics in order to support one club or another. Yet again you fail to provide them. We're definitely starting to get a pattern here.

At least you recognize it as hyperbole. That's progress I guess. Maybe your next step it to recognize using it doesn't make it true.

Finally : "Head and shoulders" my ! Unless you care to prove otherwise of course...

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Cherry.Pie "In terms of creating chances, I mean when Marshall makes a break it doesn't end with him, as it does for quite a few highly rated wingers. In my opinion when Marshall makes a clean break he's better than most of his rivals at creating a try scoring opportunity out of it, even if he doesn't finish the move himself. His ability to kick the ball accurately at pace, pick out accurate passes to supporting players and produce offloads in the tackle is something that shouldn't be overlooked. I know there's more of a focus these days on being flawless defensively and making good carries (and that's what makes Davies so impressive) but Marshall's attacking game is definitely worthy of high praise.'"

He is similar to Budgie in that way. Both have time on the ball to take options while running at pace, nether are "head down run until tackled" types of player. It's a pleasure to watch.

Quote: Cherry.Pie "....I think Marshall will never properly become number 1 winger at a top Super League club simply because he's always compensating for his lack of height. No matter how well he plays there is always a greater chance that he'll be beaten in the air or overpowered by a bigger winger. '"

The best taker of a high ball I have ever seen is Steve Hampson and he was a comparative midget. Players just gave up trying to kick to him. It's not impossible for smaller players to develop a technique to jump in a way to offset a height disadvantage.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Phuzzy "First choice winger due to injuries to others reinforces my point which was the fact that someone at the very start of his career has already accomplished something extraordinary. Not really sure how you feel that contradicts it but whatever.

There's nothing skewed about asking for the markers by which you make the claim that Makinson is 'head and shoulders' above Davies. Last time I checked they didn't skew statistics in order to support one club or another. Yet again you fail to provide them. We're definitely starting to get a pattern here.

At least you recognize it as hyperbole. That's progress I guess. Maybe your next step it to recognize using it doesn't make it true.

Finally

I could look through stats and figures and achievements re Davies and Makinson, but the last time I played your game highlighting facts/figures re Lockers and Bateman you emailed me privately asking me to stop as it was becoming a two man thread after justifying all my points. (life is far too short to get back into that one!) I think you'll find that's more of a pattern than me failing to support my points.
Last time I also pointed out that stats only provided information of very definable measures, i.e meters made etc, it's so baffling that someone would hang their hat on stats when there's far more complexities to a game, players performance, I'm assuming you do actually watch games and not just read the stats after the fact? If you really want this discussion, please feel free to mention it on the Saints board, I'm sure one or two of their fans would be happy to keep you entertained .

I actually regret going into the ins and outs of the Bateman/Lockers debate. I pointed out how stats only provided a short sighted overview, yet I still played your game justifying and supporting all my points. But furthermore because it seemed I was against Lockers, which couldn't be further from the truth; for me, he's the best player we have.

PS Hyberbole? "someone at the very start of his career has already accomplished something extraordinary" -Phuzzy on Tom Davies, June 2018.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17092
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38352_1407962301.jpg
Packs Win Games Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class #onceawirealwaysawire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38352.jpg

Quote: jinkin jimmy "The Roberts who's had one good game all season and has been slated all year by those who watch him regularly? As a marquee signing he's been on a par with Williams so far.'"

I was gobsmacked with G Williams, he's better than that. He's not been a shadow of himself this season has he?

56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.62548828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Best Wigan Tour Team
Mark_P1973
13m
Jayden Okunbor
Blackandwhit
14m
Problems with this Site continued
SFW
43m
Rumours thread
Khlav Kalash
53m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
53m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
Recent
Salford - Away
LancashireRe
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Round 16 London Home
tad rhino
1m
Best Wigan Tour Team
Mark_P1973
1m
SFW
1m
Olly Russell 4 year deal
Gazzagiant2
1m
Squad for Giants
Or thane
1m
Toulouse A
Benji13
2m
Betting 2024
karetaker
2m
Batley next
Kettykat
2m
Shopping list for 2025
The games af
2m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Hasbag
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
chapylad
TODAY
Leeds
BigTime
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
Marcus's Bic
TODAY
SFW
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Start@1873
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Best Wigan Tour Team
Mark_P1973
TODAY
Josh Bowden
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squad for Giants
Or thane
TODAY
Leigh h
Zig
TODAY
Meadows
BigTime
TODAY
July games
financialtim
TODAY
Salford - Away
LancashireRe
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse - Saturday 10 August 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Toulouse A
Benji13
TODAY
IMG scores
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Nathan Mason
MicktheGled
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Home
Builth Wells
TODAY
Half Time Report
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Dewsbury v Dons Sunday 7/7/24 3pm
Kick and cha
TODAY
Our next 2 meetings
H.G.S.A
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
Hull FC Get Second Win By Beat..
Super Salford First Half Slays..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +12,903 ↑9180,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
09:00
Cronulla
v
Gold Coast
11:00
Brisbane
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R14
19:30
Sheffield
v
Halifax
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
20:00
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Huddersfield
Wigan
v
Leigh
 TOMORROW
06:00
Canterbury
v
NZ Warriors
08:30
Wests
v
Melbourne
10:35
NQL Cowboys
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:30
LeedsW
v
St.HelensW
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
15:00
Leeds
v
LondonB
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R14
18:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 7th Jul
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 5th Jul
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Huddersfield
SL
Wigan-Leigh
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds-LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
L1 13 Oldham30-6Hunslet
L1 13 Workington18-37Keighley
NRL 17 St.George26-6Dolphins
NRL 17 Penrith6-16NQL Cowboys
NRL 17 Sydney40-6Wests
Sat 29th Jun
CH 13 Toulouse20-0Featherstone
CH 13 Doncaster18-8Swinton
NRL 17 NZ Warriors32-16Brisbane
NRL 17 Newcastle34-26Parramatta
NRL 17 Melbourne16-6Canberra
MINT2024 1 France M8-40England M
WINT2024 1 FRANCE W0-42ENGLAND W
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 14 403 164 239 24
St.Helens 15 423 162 261 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Warrington 15 358 213 145 20
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 15 274 270 4 16
Huddersfield 15 298 317 -19 12
Leigh 14 264 226 38 11
Castleford 15 238 429 -191 7
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 15 140 598 -458 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 13 354 217 137 20
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10