JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: WWste "If memory serves me well, I think it does say home of the world champions meaning saints and Michael Smith. I think Humphrey’s is world champion now. From Ashton so see this sign a lot'"

Well I’ve drove past that sign tonight and checked. It says “home of world champions” which is factually correct. It doesn’t say home of “the” world champions.

Both Smith and Saints have been world champions so move on nothing to see here and don’t expect an e mail reply moto!

As for the game…

Just like in the 2020 GF with Lomax’s kick return from Hardakers missed penalty, Harry Robertson makes that winning DG with his kick return and effort. What a player we have on our hands

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32338
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: Stu M "Well I’ve drove past that sign tonight and checked. It says “home of world champions” which is factually correct. It doesn’t say home of “the” world champions.

Both Smith and Saints have been world champions so move on nothing to see here and don’t expect an e mail reply moto!

As for the game…

Just like in the 2020 GF with Lomax’s kick return from Hardakers missed penalty, Harry Robertson makes that winning DG with his kick return and effort. What a player we have on our hands'"

And the home of the team who have just posted a £2 million loss. It was an expensive world champions win? icon_biggrin.gif

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2130
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Stu M "Well I’ve drove past that sign tonight and checked. It says “home of world champions” which is factually correct. It doesn’t say home of “the” world champions.

As for the game…

Just like in the 2020 GF with Lomax’s kick return from Hardakers missed penalty, Harry Robertson makes that winning DG with his kick return and effort. What a player we have on our hands'"

He's a good player, I saw Tomkins doing that when he was 17. Regarding the game, it was exciting but short on quality. Personally, I thought young Burns was excellent.

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2130
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rogues Gallery "And the home of the team who have just posted a £2 million loss. It was an expensive world champions win?
For anyone interested

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history
Quote: Rogues Gallery "And the home of the team who have just posted a £2 million loss. It was an expensive world champions win?
For anyone interested

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain875No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77762_1696531801.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77762.jpeg

As for the game…

Really good talent along with the young hooker burn, showing a few of the older lads how to do it. Robertson needs some media training haha his comments at the end about no knowing what he was doing made me chuckle

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach708No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Let's not forget, Saints won that game without Lomax, Welsby and Dodd. Although, it was very low on quality, I enjoyed the last 15 minutes.

They'll be a threat in the playoffs, as they will look to defend their way to the GF. I'm just not sure they'll be able to keep up with the attacking power of ourselves, Wire or KR.

I'm not sure what it is, but they hardly ever suffocate teams in their own 20 anymore. I think they did it once in the whole game. I used to dread when we got the ball back close to our line, as you knew we wouldn't be getting out of our own twenty. Knowles will be sat down for a few weeks, was a bad one and he's becoming a liability.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20342No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: NSW "Harry Robertson is a diamond'"

Very good player which is why I am a bit confused by the recruitment of Sailor.

For me I’d be running with a spine of Clark, Lomax, Welsby and Robertson next year.

Find it very strange they have recruited Sailor to displace/reduce his minutes/opportunities.

I understand the need to maybe manage his game time so I do think a signing who could cover one of the 7/6/1 spots would be needed, but Sailor whilst not getting marquee money had offers to stay in the NRL and from other SL clubs so won’t have come cheap plus whilst mid/late 20s he’s not coming in, in that mentor role as he’s fairly inexperienced himself for his age.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1181
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jonh "Very good player which is why I am a bit confused by the recruitment of Sailor.

For me I’d be running with a spine of Clark, Lomax, Welsby and Robertson next year.

Find it very strange they have recruited Sailor to displace/reduce his minutes/opportunities.

I understand the need to maybe manage his game time so I do think a signing who could cover one of the 7/6/1 spots would be needed, but Sailor whilst not getting marquee money had offers to stay in the NRL and from other SL clubs so won’t have come cheap plus whilst mid/late 20s he’s not coming in, in that mentor role as he’s fairly inexperienced himself for his age.'"

He would be even better if he got a pass too. He didn't receive one pass in attack in the whole of the first half yesterday and barely any all game. He's feeding off scraps and still looking dangerous. The only time he touched the ball really was on his kick returns.

Our attack is and continues to be our Achilles heel. I've literally no idea what we do in training as its appalling. It will mean that come the play offs we bow out first or second game. Briers (if indeed he is coming) will hopefully improve that significantly.

Sailor will also add pace and flair, something that we lack without Welsby (who isn't the quickest but has the X factor) and obviously now with Robertson who will get more games next season but probably all across the backline similar to what we did with Welsby in 2021

Field and French both weren't ripping up trees in the NRL but they've turned out okay! If he turns out half as good I’ll be happy. He’s also at a good age with a point to prove rather than the last couple of years of his career

RankPostsTeam
International Star3922
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65656_1708941604.jpg
[size=95:2obtgspq]23 LEAGUE TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]21 CHALLENGE CUPS[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]5 WORLD TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [b:2obtgspq][color=#FF0000:2obtgspq][size=100:2obtgspq]SAYS IT ALL REALLY[/size:2obtgspq][/color:2obtgspq][/b:2obtgspq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65656.jpg

Personally, I think Saints are back as contenders for the league. They are getting some good players back - AW is huge for them.

Obviously a lot of their big names don't have years in front of them, but for this season - there's no reason they can't go all the way. They know how to wins this could be their last hurrah.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5465
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: sergeant pepper "Personally, I think Saints are back as contenders for the league. They are getting some good players back - AW is huge for them.

Obviously a lot of their big names don't have years in front of them, but for this season - there's no reason they can't go all the way. They know how to wins this could be their last hurrah.'"

They were awful SP. Couldn't score in a brothel and had Deon Cross not forgotten how to slide in for a try in wet weather (what the hell was he thinking?!?) I doubt anyone would be suggesting Saints were anything other than in freefall.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1181
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Phuzzy "They were awful SP. Couldn't score in a brothel and had Deon Cross not forgotten how to slide in for a try in wet weather (what the hell was he thinking?!?) I doubt anyone would be suggesting Saints were anything other than in freefall.'"

Whilst our attack was poor there is a lot of mitigation. No Welsby, Lomax and then Dodd goes off during the game. We've seen how Wigan look less fluid without French..

Paasi goes off in the first 20 mins and Walmsley is playing his first game in 16 weeks.

Also 9 times out of 10 that ridiculous Hankinson try isn't given and granted I haven't watched the game back yet but there are a few saying Ritson's try should've been given too. Thats a big point swing.

The other point to consider is that Salford are no also rans anymore. They were a Sneyd brain fart away from beating Wigan this season.

At the moment its all about results for us rather than performances

RankPostsTeam
International Star3922
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65656_1708941604.jpg
[size=95:2obtgspq]23 LEAGUE TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]21 CHALLENGE CUPS[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]5 WORLD TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [b:2obtgspq][color=#FF0000:2obtgspq][size=100:2obtgspq]SAYS IT ALL REALLY[/size:2obtgspq][/color:2obtgspq][/b:2obtgspq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65656.jpg

Quote: Phuzzy "They were awful SP. Couldn't score in a brothel and had Deon Cross not forgotten how to slide in for a try in wet weather (what the hell was he thinking?!?) I doubt anyone would be suggesting Saints were anything other than in freefall.'"

They've got injuries - just like we've had them. You could say we were in free fall after the Wire game.

IF they get bodies back, then they'll be contenders. Experience and knowing how to win the big game, can't just learned overnight.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5465
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png

Quote: Stu M "Whilst our attack was poor there is a lot of mitigation. No Welsby, Lomax and then Dodd goes off during the game. We've seen how Wigan look less fluid without French..

Paasi goes off in the first 20 mins and Walmsley is playing his first game in 16 weeks.

Also 9 times out of 10 that ridiculous Hankinson try isn't given and granted I haven't watched the game back yet but there are a few saying Ritson's try should've been given too. Thats a big point swing.

The other point to consider is that Salford are no also rans anymore. They were a Sneyd brain fart away from beating Wigan this season.

At the moment its all about results for us rather than performances'"

Your attack has been poor for a couple of seasons no matter who is playing Stu. You were critical of Wigan's fluidity against Leigh on Tuesday yet we scored 22 points in the first half without French, Field and O'Neill. How on earth do you offer mitigation for Saints awful attack just 2 days later with similar disruption? Saints could only dream of scoring 22 points against either Leigh or Salford, nevermind in one half! More pertinently, you once again couldn't score against 12 men! Wigan scored twice when Leigh were down to 12 yet you somehow turned that into a negative! As I said on that thread: I bet you wish Saints knew how to score against 12...or even 11...

All the decisions were correct Stu, although I thought the Hankinson try would have been disallowed given it had gone up as no try. That said if Cross knew how to slide in for a try*.....

*What has happened to this way of finishing btw? He was 2 yards from the line in wet weather icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5465
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png

Quote: sergeant pepper "They've got injuries - just like we've had them. You could say we were in free fall after the Wire game.

IF they get bodies back, then they'll be contenders. Experience and knowing how to win the big game, can't just learned overnight.'"

We lost 2 games and still sat joint top of the league with a game in hand! Hardly free fall! Had Saints lost yesterday that would have been 6 of the last 7. Not even remotely comparable.

They had as close to a full strength pack as they're going to get this year playing last night and at times struggled to make yards. They relied on Salford errors (of which there were many) to get them up field. Moreover, of their 'missing' backs, only Welsby has been in any sort of form and even he hasn't been great. Lomax has been a liability and Dodd (who people seem to be forgetting actually played last night) has been in terrible form for 2 years, to the point he was dropped only a couple of weeks ago . I hope they do get Lomax and Dodd back for the end of the season because it will make them even worse!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9459
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13145_1273270974.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13145.jpg

Quote: Phuzzy "Your attack has been poor for a couple of seasons no matter who is playing Stu. You were critical of Wigan's fluidity against Leigh on Tuesday yet we scored 22 points in the first half without French, Field and O'Neill. How on earth do you offer mitigation for Saints awful attack just 2 days later with similar disruption? Saints could only dream of scoring 22 points against either Leigh or Salford, nevermind in one half! More pertinently, you once again couldn't score against 12 men! Wigan scored twice when Leigh were down to 12 yet you somehow turned that into a negative! As I said on that thread: I bet you wish Saints knew how to score against 12...or even 11...

All the decisions were correct Stu, although I thought the Hankinson try would have been disallowed given it had gone up as no try. That said if Cross knew how to slide in for a try*.....

*What has happened to this way of finishing btw? He was 2 yards from the line in wet weather
For me it was the lack of accuracy in the passes before it got to Cross that stopped them scoring. Hankinson's final ball was behind Cross which gave Saints the chance to get across.

2866 posts in 192 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
2866 posts in 192 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.158203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Bullseye
4m
Round 26 Wigan Away
christopher
11m