JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10289_1326111229.png
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019 League Leaders 2011 2016:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10289.png

This doom stuff comes round all the time.

Remember around the time Jason Robinson, Iestyn Harris and Henry Paul went to RU, people were saying it was inevitable that RL and RU would merge and it would be a hybrid game, because the TV companies would force it and it would be the only way for league to survive.

Then a few years before that when SL came in, it was sold as the last chance to save the game from death.

Last year the average gates in SL were about 10700 which is the first time for a few years they have been above 10000. It's the second highest season for gates that there's been for a few decades now, the high point was 2007 which was just over 11000 and that was when the economy was at its peak. Compare this to ten years back when average gates were 7700 and twenty years back they were 6500. Thirty years ago they were 5300.

Now you can look at the international game which most people feel was much stronger back in the early to mid 1990s, with some very big crowds at Wembley, and I agree. There were guys like Hanley, Davies, Offiah, Schofield, Edwards around then and there aren't as many real class acts in British RL today. But in terms of popularity, the England v Australia games still get decent crowds today, that isn't the weak part of the international game. The weak part is mickey mouse stuff like Wales who have declined as they don't have all the Welsh RU players any more.

In terms of players leaving to RU, the 'mass exodus' that is always talked about hasn't materialised. When Eastmond and Joel Tomkins went there were people saying there was going to be a flood of RLs best players going, so why haven't they? Why haven't union been in for Sam Tomkins, Sinfield, Mcguire, Burrow, Charnley, McIlorum, Westwood, Tom Briscoe? Union has picked at the edges getting players here and there but never been able to get close to what RL did to union in years gone past where we picked off their best players and they went on to be greats in RL. Jason Robinson did well, Matt Rogers and Tuqiri for a while were good too, but still overall union has never been able to fill its ranks with guys like Offiah, Botica, Davies, Ricky Stuart, Michael O'Connor or going back further Van Vollenhoven and so on. Union ended up with a lot more "John Gallaghers" from league that never lived up to their reputation.

As for players going to the NRL I've already said my views on that are it's a positive sign for the talent pool in British RL. The reason guys like Graham, Burgess and so on are over there is because they are top young players in demand in the best league in the world, we haven't had that demand for a while.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: sally cinnamon "This doom stuff comes round all the time.

Remember around the time Jason Robinson, Iestyn Harris and Henry Paul went to RU, people were saying it was inevitable that RL and RU would merge and it would be a hybrid game, because the TV companies would force it and it would be the only way for league to survive.'"

I don't think they were but if it helps make a point rewriting history is OK I assume!

Quote: sally cinnamon "
Last year the average gates in SL were about 10700 which is the first time for a few years they have been above 10000. It's the second highest season for gates that there's been for a few decades now, the high point was 2007 which was just over 11000 and that was when the economy was at its peak. Compare this to ten years back when average gates were 7700 and twenty years back they were 6500. Thirty years ago they were 5300. '"

Not entirely comparing like with like here given 20 years ago we also had Regal Trophies and County Cups to satisfy the demand. The league wasn't the only competition running during the season. You also can't ignore the fact the Challenge Cup final got bigger crowds in the past then now and you are ignoring the crowd sizes in the early rounds of that competition and early round one of the play offs which are rubbish.

Quote: sally cinnamon "Now you can look at the international game which most people feel was much stronger back in the early to mid 1990s, with some very big crowds at Wembley, and I agree. There were guys like Hanley, Davies, Offiah, Schofield, Edwards around then and there aren't as many real class acts in British RL today. But in terms of popularity, the England v Australia games still get decent crowds today, that isn't the weak part of the international game. The weak part is mickey mouse stuff like Wales who have declined as they don't have all the Welsh RU players any more. '"

Why aren't there the Hanley and Edwards types in the game these days? A clue is when you see the likes of Owen Farrell playing RU. I'd argue they are not coming into the game at the same rate in the first place. Why would they when they can earn more playing RU? I can't prove it any more than you can say that isn't true but we can both see as you say "there aren't as many real class acts in British RL today".

Quote: sally cinnamon "In terms of players leaving to RU, the 'mass exodus' that is always talked about hasn't materialised. When Eastmond and Joel Tomkins went there were people saying there was going to be a flood of RLs best players going, so why haven't they? Why haven't union been in for Sam Tomkins, Sinfield, Mcguire, Burrow, Charnley, McIlorum, Westwood, Tom Briscoe? Union has picked at the edges getting players here and there but never been able to get close to what RL did to union in years gone past where we picked off their best players and they went on to be greats in RL. Jason Robinson did well, Matt Rogers and Tuqiri for a while were good too, but still overall union has never been able to fill its ranks with guys like Offiah, Botica, Davies, Ricky Stuart, Michael O'Connor or going back further Van Vollenhoven and so on. Union ended up with a lot more "John Gallaghers" from league that never lived up to their reputation.'"

There are far more players in RU and and in or heading to the NRL now than at any point in our recent history as a sport. That is a fact. Scott Moore is off to North Queensland Cowboys, Ainscough is off, Russell is off. They are not even to players. Graham and Burgess are already there. The point that escapes you is it doesn't have to be a player drain of any great proportion to affect out competition. As you have said yourself we do not have numerous players of the likes of Hanely and Edwards in the competition any more. So when Internationals like Hock leave for the NRL our competition is weakened far more now than back then.

Quote: sally cinnamon "As for players going to the NRL I've already said my views on that are it's a positive sign for the talent pool in British RL. The reason guys like Graham, Burgess and so on are over there is because they are top young players in demand in the best league in the world, we haven't had that demand for a while.'"

That has go to be your most idiotic point of the lot. Losing players is NOT a positive sign for the talent pool. That implies there [iis[/i a pool and as you have pointed out, I will remind you once again, we don't have so many players like Hanley and Edwards any more.

I'd like you to tell me much how much this back handed compliment is actually worth to the game here?

How many bums on seats are there at St. Helen's because Graham plays in Oz?

How easy is it to persuade sponsors to cough up cash when they can see a clubs best players leaving for another competition? They aren't stupid.

SL needs to keep its top players otherwise it will become a very insignificant sport. It needs these players not just so the standard of the competition is worth watching but so it can be marketed.

One way that would help keep them is relax the salary cap rules about earnings related to the sport. There is no incentive for their agents to try and get advertising deals it counts a clubs salary cap. I remember Paul Sculthorpe being the face of GB RL for Gillette some years back. He will have got nothing for that.

The like of Sam Tomkins should be appearing on TV adverts and in magazines far more than he does. He and the other top players should be being used to promote the image of the sport. Do that and raise the games profile and you can secure better TV and sponsorship deals. You can't do it if they are not in the competition.

With no incentive for players to search out advertising and media opportunities a whole field of marketing and therefore potential income is lost to the sport and its one more reason to leave the sport.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

'There's only one code of rugby.':

Quote: fleabag "Are you being serious ?

Seems the trolls are just coming in to 'put the boot in' to Wigan RLFC and nothing more.'"
]

Er, yes i'm being serious. I've been watching Wigan for 30yrs. Hock is a great player but jeez, i don't see what all the fuss is about. As long as any money we get for him is reinvested appropriately then all's good. The bigger issue here is the RFL and the direction they're taking the game in, not if Hock's going to Aus. If he wants to go, then fair play...

RankPostsTeam
International Star993
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
63644_1343901350.jpg
[color=#FF0000:3s5hr9kj]Have you noticed, you can never find a radical priest when you need one.[/color:3s5hr9kj]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_63644.jpg

Quote: DaveO "I don't think they were but if it helps make a point rewriting history is OK I assume!

Not entirely comparing like with like here given 20 years ago we also had Regal Trophies and County Cups to satisfy the demand. The league wasn't the only competition running during the season. You also can't ignore the fact the Challenge Cup final got bigger crowds in the past then now and you are ignoring the crowd sizes in the early rounds of that competition and early round one of the play offs which are rubbish.

Why aren't there the Hanley and Edwards types in the game these days? A clue is when you see the likes of Owen Farrell playing RU. I'd argue they are not coming into the game at the same rate in the first place. Why would they when they can earn more playing RU? I can't prove it any more than you can say that isn't true but we can both see as you say "there aren't as many real class acts in British RL today".

There are far more players in RU and and in or heading to the NRL now than at any point in our recent history as a sport. That is a fact. Scott Moore is off to North Queensland Cowboys, Ainscough is off, Russell is off. They are not even to players. Graham and Burgess are already there. The point that escapes you is it doesn't have to be a player drain of any great proportion to affect out competition. As you have said yourself we do not have numerous players of the likes of Hanely and Edwards in the competition any more. So when Internationals like Hock leave for the NRL our competition is weakened far more now than back then.

That has go to be your most idiotic point of the lot. Losing players is NOT a positive sign for the talent pool. That implies there [iis[/i a pool and as you have pointed out, I will remind you once again, we don't have so many players like Hanley and Edwards any more.

I'd like you to tell me much how much this back handed compliment is actually worth to the game here?

How many bums on seats are there at St. Helen's because Graham plays in Oz?

How easy is it to persuade sponsors to cough up cash when they can see a clubs best players leaving for another competition? They aren't stupid.

SL needs to keep its top players otherwise it will become a very insignificant sport. It needs these players not just so the standard of the competition is worth watching but so it can be marketed.

One way that would help keep them is relax the salary cap rules about earnings related to the sport. There is no incentive for their agents to try and get advertising deals it counts a clubs salary cap. I remember Paul Sculthorpe being the face of GB RL for Gillette some years back. He will have got nothing for that.

The like of Sam Tomkins should be appearing on TV adverts and in magazines far more than he does. He and the other top players should be being used to promote the image of the sport. Do that and raise the games profile and you can secure better TV and sponsorship deals. You can't do it if they are not in the competition.

With no incentive for players to search out advertising and media opportunities a whole field of marketing and therefore potential income is lost to the sport and its one more reason to leave the sport.'"

I fine well-structured post that makes many points superbly well. Thank you. The top and bottom of all are woes are that a fine sport is being run, and run into the ground by the idiots at the RFL!

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

If you wanted any indication if Hock's on his way out, that BBC interview just confirmed it...

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6308
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10873_1262551258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10873.jpg

Hock says he would love to play in the NRL but deals not done yet. Que, he is gone

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Madderzahatter "If you wanted any indication if Hock's on his way out, that BBC interview just confirmed it...'"

Agree totally, it seems to me from that interview Hock is on his way to the NRL.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I can't understand how any Wigan fan is not disappointed by hock going to the NRL. Simply put, we are losing the best forward we have got. Any money we get from him will not be much use as the very low salary cap will prevent us from replacing him with a play of equal quality. The fact is that British RL is massively hindered by the lack of finance in our game. Union has much more money to offer players as does the NRL. As a result, sponsorship in SL is limited as our best players are being drawn away.

I'm sorry to say it but we are rapidly becoming nothing more than a feeder club to the NRL and RFU.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Until Hock signs that contract then he's a Wigan player, only time will tell. If he does go then we have to look at our youth, as people have pointed out before, we have the best youth system in the league, maybe we should trust in it ?

Let's imagine at the start of the season Hock has left, we have the Hock money and we keep it in a safe. Tomkins departs the year after, we have the Tomkins money and the Hock money, if my maths is right we can afford pretty much anyone according to the rumours on here. I think people underestimate how much we are paying to keep Tomkins.

I'd rather have 12 months of rebuilding rather than 4 years of no silverware and buying random players to keep us going.

Lets look at this from a purely Wigan POV, if Hock leaves, it's a massive blow, but is it the end of our season ? The simple answer is no. Instead of knocking IL and Wane, let's have a bit of belief, it's not like we can get relegated is it !

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bigredwarrior "I'm sorry to say it but we are rapidly becoming nothing more than a feeder club to the NRL and RFU.'"

No, Super League is becoming a feeder for the NRL and Union. The refusal to amend the cap structure is killing the competition in combination with the rise in the NRL clubs cap. We just cannot compete when it comes to offering contracts.

Many more younger players know they can take a risk at having a shot at the NRL and earn a decent crust doing so too. The RFL and club chairmen have to take their heads out of the sand before it's too late.

They showed a list of British players who'll be in the NRL next season so far it's 10, even with Russell and Ainscough missing from that list. Things carry on the way they are and that list will grow.

Before people say it's great that British players are in the NRL, I pay for a season ticket to see Super League. If I wanted to watch the NRL I'd give up my season ticket and shell out for a TV subscription instead.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member20441
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:1wlcmlhe][color=#800000:1wlcmlhe]WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017 & 2024 SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018 & 2023 CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011, 2013, 2022 & 2024 LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012, 2020, 2023 & 2024 ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2024 WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018 BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2024 CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012 [/color:1wlcmlhe][/b:1wlcmlhe]:

Another one probably on his way.....Tom Briscoe possible move to the NRL in 2014.

www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... in-the-NRL

Our game will be diluted three ways over the next few years:

Our top starts steadily leaving SL for the NRL (and RU).
The last few quality imports that are over here will head home with nothing coming the other way.
Young talent from the Academy leaving to go and play in the Australian reserves.

Will need to change from 'Super League' to just 'League' in a few years time.
Another one probably on his way.....Tom Briscoe possible move to the NRL in 2014.

www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... in-the-NRL

Our game will be diluted three ways over the next few years:

Our top starts steadily leaving SL for the NRL (and RU).
The last few quality imports that are over here will head home with nothing coming the other way.
Young talent from the Academy leaving to go and play in the Australian reserves.

Will need to change from 'Super League' to just 'League' in a few years time.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10289_1326111229.png
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019 League Leaders 2011 2016:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10289.png

Quote: DaveO "
Why aren't there the Hanley and Edwards types in the game these days? A clue is when you see the likes of Owen Farrell playing RU. I'd argue they are not coming into the game at the same rate in the first place. Why would they when they can earn more playing RU? I can't prove it any more than you can say that isn't true but we can both see as you say "there aren't as many real class acts in British RL today".'"

How come England RU are pretty average then? They have fallen a long way from where they were 10 years ago, when they were the best team in the world. Owen Farrell is not a Hanley or Edwards type player, there are no players of the calibre of Hanley, Edwards, Davies, Offiah or Schofield in English RU today. I follow RU to an extent (probably more than most do on here). It is certainly NOT the case that RU is creaming off all the best junior rugby talent. As for the question why aren't there there Hanley and Edwards types in the game these days, I think that's a valid question and I don't have the answer. But it's not because of RU. Also disappointing though, is why is Edwards in RU rather than RL as a coach as he is obviously a great coach like he was captain.

There are far more players in RU and and in or heading to the NRL now than at any point in our recent history as a sport. That is a fact. Scott Moore is off to North Queensland Cowboys, Ainscough is off, Russell is off. They are not even to players.
'"

Funny thing about this is when it was the other way round it was seen as a reason why GB could never compete with Australia, too many rank average Aussies were turning up in SL and taking spaces away from our youngsters. All those English players going to Australia are filling up their spots and reducing the talent pool the Kangaroos can pick from. I wonder how long before they start saying we need an overseas quota to stop all these Poms from going on holiday to top up their pension funds in the NRL.

With no incentive for players to search out advertising and media opportunities a whole field of marketing and therefore potential income is lost to the sport and its one more reason to leave the sport.'"

I agree with your points here. I do think the game is missing a lot of tricks and guys like Nigel Wood are not good enough.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Some great points Sally - all the home nations in RU are average at best - Owen Farrell is no Johnny Wilkinson. Australian RU is no threat to league either. And, a lot of the RL talent that has gone over to RU has either been at the end of their careers or come back. I haven't heard much about Tomkins, Eastwood et al tearing it up. Give it time and they'll see the error of their ways.

And now that we can't afford to buy Aussies this should give our youngsters a chance to shine. Call me deluded but i think we make a give account of ourselves in the World Cup and if we do well, who knows, it could be the shot in the arm the game needs... But i'm thinking the doom and gloom merchants might think something completely different...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach531No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50494_1274104673.jpg
[quote="wearethewire":3otazmtq]expect nothing, anything more is better[/quote:3otazmtq] [quote="Wires71":3otazmtq]And there is the Warrington motto in a nutshell. No wonder we were dog dirt for 20 years [/quote:3otazmtq] [quote="madoggy":3otazmtq]hope saints win it, if wigan dont win another league title for 100 years they would still have more than everyone :wink:[/quote:3otazmtq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50494.jpg

If this deal goes through I will be very interested to hear what IL has to say.
I can't see any benefit to this other than financially.
This is definitely a rare occasion which the old "the player wanted to leave so there is no point keeping him if his mind is elsewhere" wont be accepted. He is tied to a long contract and Wigan have stuck by him, so it should be a tough your staying. So what is the reason?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2284
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35892_1286104184.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35892.jpg

Quote: Smalls "If this deal goes through I will be very interested to hear what IL has to say.
I can't see any benefit to this other than financially.
This is definitely a rare occasion which the old "the player wanted to leave so there is no point keeping him if his mind is elsewhere" wont be accepted. He is tied to a long contract and Wigan have stuck by him, so it should be a tough your staying. So what is the reason?'"

I agree completely, you have to question the players "willingness to leave" they they sign a long term contract a year prior to wanting to leave. There where quite a few supporters saying he should leave Hock but the club stuck by him helped develop him back into a super league player, you'd expect a bit of loyalty in return.

427 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
427 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.25537109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
15m
Rumours thread
vastman
23m
Tonights match v HKR
Philth
27m
Leigh it is
MadDogg
32m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Sir Gregory
44m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
52m
Isa 1 year extension
Cherry_Warri
53m
Proposed rule changes 2025
YosemiteSam
53m
TV games not Wire
100% Wire
54m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Neruda
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Rumours and signings v9
apollosghost
1m
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
2m
Isa 1 year extension
Cherry_Warri
2m
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
2m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Offy86
2m
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
3m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
FoxyRhino
3m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
3m
Call for funds
the fax in a
4m
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Philth
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Cherry_Warri
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
Butcher
TODAY
Season tickets
terry silver
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
YosemiteSam
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
rubber ducki
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
The Dentist
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,203 80,13114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29

20:00
Hull KR
10-8
Warrington
Ashton Try, Not Converted
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 4th Oct
SL
LIVE
Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22