JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45658_1356296105.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1fnfdzuc]Wigan vs Leeds finals aggregate score. Wigan 178 - 64 Leeds Wigan wins - 6 Leeds wins - 0[/color:1fnfdzuc] I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubblegum. Don't you struggle. Don't you fight. Don't you worry, cause it's your turn tonight! Esse quam videri.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45658.jpg

Quote: Andy Greg "Will watch it again later but i dont think he was under pressure of anyone so why risk jumping.'"

Agreed, you'd only jump for the ball if you were in direct competition with another player to catch it. In Ainscough's case on Saturday night, all the bombs from KR were poor as they didn't allow any of the chasers to apply pressure to the catcher.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15444
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: Steve Ella's Beard "Then seriously you're letting your like get carried away. He's a great talent, but the last thing the lad needs is for people to start telling him he's a total superstar. I couldn't see him getting a start at Leeds, Saints maybe (but's thats because they're not exactly blessed in this spot).

What you should be looking at is would he get the run you're talking about at a club with 2 wingers of the quality and form of Pat Richards and Amos Roberts infront of him?

And tbh if he decides he's got to go, then the only place he's going to walk into is somewhere with available salary cap - of which I don't think there's any of the top clubs unless some come off contract soon. So is he going to walk away to play first team at Salford or Quins?

Don't look for problems where I suspect there aren't any, I'm sure IL/MM/SW along with Rads are managing the situation carefully.'"

I was thinking Ainscough and Richards on the wings, Roberts at full back and Phelps on the bench as either a stand off or a utility back. To be honest I can understand him not getting a game with us when everyone's fit but he should have got a go when Phelps got injured.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18802No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/4921-2354mikeypl8-msnicons.jpg
Science flies people to the moon. Religion flies people into buildings.:icons42da_files/4921-2354mikeypl8-msnicons.jpg

Can we keep Ainscough please ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2471No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[url=http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/ref/enicomb:280mm7qy][img:280mm7qy]http://www.topcashback.co.uk/images/banners/468x60.gif[/img:280mm7qy][/url:280mm7qy]:

Quote: Dead Man Walking "Can we keep Ainscough please ?'"

Not a chance.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2687No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2010Oct 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12324.jpg
Best Wigan No7 ever [b]Terry Newton Wigan legend RIP[/b]:12324.jpg

Quote: Dead Man Walking "Can we keep Ainscough please ?'"

Only till we need him icon_wink.gif

I think he could be at Cas for at least 4 months Unless we get a major injury to one of our wingers. I dont think he would have been loaned out if the Phelps injury was not a short term one.

He Played well for you on Saturday you have a good coach which can only benefit him plus a good team spirit which again will help the lad.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Grimmy "I was thinking Ainscough and Richards on the wings, Roberts at full back and Phelps on the bench as either a stand off or a utility back. To be honest I can understand him not getting a game with us when everyone's fit but he should have got a go when Phelps got injured.'"

Agreed. If people are so sure he will never warrant selection over Pat and Amos then when Phelps is fit again he could have gone on loan then. He was on a dual registration deal that was designed to allow him back to Wigan for just that reason. I am sure if after Phelps is fit again that would have been too late for Cas to take him there would be no shortage of takers from the other clubs. He doesn't cost much (or he could not have been a dual reg player) and I don't see Cas as some sort of ideal place for him to be compared to other clubs.

Dave

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32338
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Cas have only took him because they have a season long injury. As far as I am aware no other Superleague club expressed an interest in taking him.

If it is the same as last year with Mossop Wigan will make money from loaning him out i.e they will be charging Cas more than they are paying Ainscough.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30097.jpg
simply the best:30097.jpg

IMO cas is as good a place as any for ainscough. What matters is that he is playing SL standard opposition. If it cant be here. cas are a decent club with some good young talent to be mixing with. Good choice for me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1959No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DaveO "Agreed. If people are so sure he will never warrant selection over Pat and Amos then when Phelps is fit again he could have gone on loan then. He was on a dual registration deal that was designed to allow him back to Wigan for just that reason. I am sure if after Phelps is fit again that would have been too late for Cas to take him there would be no shortage of takers from the other clubs. He doesn't cost much (or he could not have been a dual reg player) and I don't see Cas as some sort of ideal place for him to be compared to other clubs.

Dave'"

Dave,

Cas needed a player straight away not when Phelps was fit again, SL experience>Championship experience. And I really don't take very seriously this 'there would be no shortage of takers', like who exactly? which team without injuries in SL would willingly drop their first choice wingers (and right royally cheese them off) to accommodate a Wigan player for a month? Who approached us to loan him apart from Cas? Apparently nobody. And Cas is a good place for him, they need him in the team and have brought through and worked with some of their own good young players.

Not Dave.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Can we get the whole thing straight. Players cannot be dual registered with other SL teams. They have to be a lower division. Wigans conditions of players on loan is that they train with Wigan and only train once or maybe twice with the loan club. Because of this obviously other SL teams are a bit reserved. However, an injury later, they are more likely to accept the conditions as in Ainscough's case. So with that in mind think what he actually did on Saturday. After one days training with a new club he played, on TV, for a completely new team and managed to score 3 (some say 4) and looked the most composed of the whole team. It took Amos Roberts a whole season to settle into Wigan. What is even more anoying is BN makes some reference to discredit his game as he needed to play his higher payed players and everyone jumps on the band wagon. Ainscough has obviously worked on his taking of high balls and was confident and didnt miss one. But then you get some idiot who has to say but he didn't jump for any. In my view, unless he is a kangaroo, there is no need to jump around like a demented rabbit unless you need to. Shouldn't we be giving credit to him and the coaching staff for improving. After all the youngsters need SL experience against more seasoned players who may highlight weaknesses as isn't that what the coaching staff are paid thousands of pounds to get any weaknesses improved?

Any references to attitude is in my view insulting. What attitude does a player who gives one hundred percent every game and trains hard show? Good I would say.

I personally think he has improved from last season and hopefully will be greater in years to come. Makes me wonder why no one picks holes in the hyped up sam tomkins who has been little different to lukewarm this season.

Some so called Wigan supporters make me ashamed to be from Wigan! As I'm sure a couple of games lost and they will be back to booing from the stands!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1250
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29146.gif
Keep goin wit yed down:29146.gif

Quote: fido "Can we get the whole thing straight. Players cannot be dual registered with other SL teams. They have to be a lower division. Wigans conditions of players on loan is that they train with Wigan and only train once or maybe twice with the loan club. Because of this obviously other SL teams are a bit reserved. However, an injury later, they are more likely to accept the conditions as in Ainscough's case. So with that in mind think what he actually did on Saturday. After one days training with a new club he played, on TV, for a completely new team and managed to score 3 (some say 4) and looked the most composed of the whole team. It took Amos Roberts a whole season to settle into Wigan. What is even more anoying is BN makes some reference to discredit his game as he needed to play his higher payed players and everyone jumps on the band wagon. Ainscough has obviously worked on his taking of high balls and was confident and didnt miss one. But then you get some idiot who has to say but he didn't jump for any. In my view, unless he is a kangaroo, there is no need to jump around like a demented rabbit unless you need to. Shouldn't we be giving credit to him and the coaching staff for improving. After all the youngsters need SL experience against more seasoned players who may highlight weaknesses as isn't that what the coaching staff are paid thousands of pounds to get any weaknesses improved?

Any references to attitude is in my view insulting. What attitude does a player who gives one hundred percent every game and trains hard show? Good I would say.

I personally think he has improved from last season and hopefully will be greater in years to come. Makes me wonder why no one picks holes in the hyped up sam tomkins who has been little different to lukewarm this season.

Some so called Wigan supporters make me ashamed to be from Wigan! As I'm sure a couple of games lost and they will be back to booing from the stands!'"

Well said. eusa_clap.gif

AJ
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12903No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1530.gif
:1530.gif

Quote: Rogues Gallery "If it is the same as last year with Mossop Wigan will make money from loaning him out i.e they will be charging Cas more than they are paying Ainscough.'"

If that's the case, then its outstanding business by the club.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45658_1356296105.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1fnfdzuc]Wigan vs Leeds finals aggregate score. Wigan 178 - 64 Leeds Wigan wins - 6 Leeds wins - 0[/color:1fnfdzuc] I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubblegum. Don't you struggle. Don't you fight. Don't you worry, cause it's your turn tonight! Esse quam videri.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45658.jpg

For those of us worried that Castleford will try and convince Shaun to leave Wigan for themselves, it was nice to read that while Shaun may be playing with Cas he is still actually training with Wigan during the week. Good move I feel, it keeps him involved within the Wigan organization and not totally immersed within the Castleford club.

rlhttp://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Maguire-has-selection-headache.6118519.jprl

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30097.jpg
simply the best:30097.jpg

certainly good for wigan . the coaching staff can monitor his training and also get videos off castleford games to see how he is playing. As said before this benefits all 3 parties Wigan, Castleford and ainscough himself.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What this debate boils down to is who is better suited to fill the current vacancy on the right wing, Goulding or Ainscough?

I can only express the view I expressed before.

The coaching staff - who are better positioned to assess the strengths and weaknesses of both players than anyone posting on this message board - have opted, for the time being, for Goulding.

We can agonise all we want about why this may be. But wouldn't it be more sensible if we just recognised that they are the best people to judge, and left it at that?

270 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
270 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.16796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Hudds
BigTime
17m
Hull live/Tomlinson
The Dentist
29m