JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6278_1381491357.jpg
[b:3ekusm3q][color=#FF0000:3ekusm3q]WIGAN RLFC[/color:3ekusm3q][/b:3ekusm3q]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6278.jpg

Quote: Rogues Gallery "Scott Moore'"

Shaun Ainscough

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20370No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

There are a significant number of lads that were about to break through in the next year or so at good clubs who will be heading to Australia this year. Academy international Daniel Smith of Leeds who was expected to get first team this year after some excellent performances in the juniors last year is the latest to sign for an NRL feeder team for next season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star993
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
63644_1343901350.jpg
[color=#FF0000:3s5hr9kj]Have you noticed, you can never find a radical priest when you need one.[/color:3s5hr9kj]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_63644.jpg

Never mind Hock and Wigan’s woes, there are other parts of SL starting to show the strain and if it’s true that nothing fundamentally can change for three years, then I for one think that the game is not looking in good shape. Finance, salary cap, games structure all these things and more need sorting now, and it seems all the RFL can do is hand out the fiddles amongst themselves while Rome catches fire. As for Hock my opinion is if he really wants to go, let him and deal with it. I can see much bigger problems than him ahead.
icon_sad.gif icon_frustrated.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star930No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

On the flip side, With all our top guns going over there, Maybe that gives the young Aussie lads being pushed out by them to come over here. It will probably turn into a case of the Super League giving their youngsters the match experience and then when they get good enough they will be off over there again, and round and round we go.

The salary cap needs to rise or it is game over.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1529No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27588.gif
"Games as big as a grand finals define individuals and clubs. Remember we are only renting these shirts, I had my time in Pat Richards shirt. Ellery and Faz had there time in Sean's, Hampo and Radders in Sam's. You have to make a mark in these shirts that's still there the day you hand it over to someone else. So be aware for 80 minutes you are not only playing but also writing history and creating a legacy. How many people get to actually write history, not many. A big stage demands big players, be inspired. You play for Wigan, now go do it. Good luck." - Martin Offiah, 2010.:27588.gif

Interestingly, Parramatta are now being heavily linked with Israel Falou's NRL return. surely he'd want mega money, could this scupper any Hock deal or do they have a lot of cap space?
I know Hindmarsh has retired and they lost Inu mid season to the dogs

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17251_1262354841.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17251.jpg

Folau is pretty much nailed on for Parra according to this: www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 28mk6.html

Will it stop Hock going? Id say you have a better chance now than about a week ago. Get the feeling that Lenegan's phone might have stopped ringing.
Folau is pretty much nailed on for Parra according to this: www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 28mk6.html

Will it stop Hock going? Id say you have a better chance now than about a week ago. Get the feeling that Lenegan's phone might have stopped ringing.

RankPostsTeam
International Star8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: cherryandwhitedavid06 "Interestingly, Parramatta are now being heavily linked with Israel Falou's NRL return. surely he'd want mega money, could this scupper any Hock deal or do they have a lot of cap space?
I know Hindmarsh has retired and they lost Inu mid season to the dogs'"

Inu was at NZ Warriors when he went canterbury.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach351No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13883_1277801634.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13883.jpg

I'd hate to see Hock leave as a Wigan fan but as an RL fan id love to se him go over and tear the NRL up like Morley did.

As for the future of RL in the UK I think were heading in the right direction personally. Leneghan has always said hed like a squad of home grown players to represent the club. The idea of that for me is as exciting as watching the likes of Finch and Lima and Hoffman who blatantly come over for the £ and do one as soon as the $ is more attractive.

There will always be a couple of exceptional foreigners in the side, i dont think the club or league needs any more than that.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65919_1328916886.jpg
"Just leave it to me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65919.jpg

Quote: B.B.F.L. "
<snip> As for the future of RL in the UK I think were heading in the right direction personally. Leneghan has always said hed like a squad of home grown players to represent the club. <snip>'"

How do you come by that? Hock, Sam & Joel, HH have all come up through the ranks, and now already have / look like going to pastures new. No point in priding ourselves in developing talent if the club is then willing to let it slip through our fingers with a loss to Wigan and to the UK RL scene as a whole.

The solution for me is to make the salaries for any 'home grown' talent to be exempt from the salary cap of the parent club. We can then pay them what they're worth (or what can be afforded), making it more difficult to be tempted away by the dollar.

Moving on, perhaps any transfer movement within the SL clubs, this exemption could be adjusted on a sliding scale basis.? say, 80% of salary exempt for the 1st year after transfer, 75% after 2nd year, 70% after 3rd year etc. That would not only encourage youth development (especially at those clubs with a less than active development programme) and keeping talent within the SL, but also help promote a strong national side also.

My 2 cents worth icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1343No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52961_1317652331.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52961.jpg

Quote: XBrettKennyX "Any happy clappers want to post telling us how things are all rosy at Wigan and the massive outflow of players will not be a loss to us?

Sadly it's entirely reasonable and predictable that Hock will go. The more I think about it the more I believe that the destiny of RL in this country is to become a semi-professional game. The standard of the players will be poor, the standard of the games will be poor, Sky will eventually lose interest and then it really will be game over.

We were kind of protected in the past through the self-imposed "Amateur" status of RU. The RL game in Aus/NZ was also less developed than it is now (plus the less mobile nature of the player base would have made playing in Aus a very rare option).

Now RU have woken up and smelled the coffee, and the game in Aus/NZ have got themselves organised, relatively cheap travel Down Under, players moving/living/playing there a far far less unusual occurance......

Add to this the position of chairmen who think the CC is good for the game (good for their wallets maybe, but the game?) and the future is almost certainly "not Orange" as the saying goes.....'"

...and don't forget the inexorable, unstoppable rise of football either... How many top teenage RL talents are there currently in Liverpool/Manu Utd/Latic's academy setups lost to our game forever that 15 years ago would have been in Saints'/Wigan's/Wire's U19s teams instead? How many kids walk around in St. Helens or Wigan dreaming of playing Premiership football instead of RL that would never have done so even a generation ago?

It's a bitter pill for us all to have to swallow but RL is in the process of being squeezed to death by financial forces that are way out of it's wildest dreams to ever be able to compete with. Increasing the salary cap will not be the answer - all that will do is kill off the limited competitiveness there is in SL already, limiting the global appeal of the sport still further, and send even more clubs to the wall. It could do nothing but slightly delay the departures of a few players from our game, no more. Salary cap or not Wigan could never afford to pay Sam as much as a top RU or NRL club could afford to if they wanted to for instance. We have to accept that British RL is going to likely end up a semi-professional glorified pub league...

RankPostsTeam
International Star1343No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52961_1317652331.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52961.jpg

Quote: XBrettKennyX "Any happy clappers want to post telling us how things are all rosy at Wigan and the massive outflow of players will not be a loss to us?

Sadly it's entirely reasonable and predictable that Hock will go. The more I think about it the more I believe that the destiny of RL in this country is to become a semi-professional game. The standard of the players will be poor, the standard of the games will be poor, Sky will eventually lose interest and then it really will be game over.

We were kind of protected in the past through the self-imposed "Amateur" status of RU. The RL game in Aus/NZ was also less developed than it is now (plus the less mobile nature of the player base would have made playing in Aus a very rare option).

Now RU have woken up and smelled the coffee, and the game in Aus/NZ have got themselves organised, relatively cheap travel Down Under, players moving/living/playing there a far far less unusual occurance......

Add to this the position of chairmen who think the CC is good for the game (good for their wallets maybe, but the game?) and the future is almost certainly "not Orange" as the saying goes.....'"

...and don't forget the inexorable, unstoppable rise of football either... How many top teenage RL talents are there currently in Liverpool/Manu Utd/Latic's academy setups lost to our game forever that 15 years ago would have been in Saints'/Wigan's/Wire's U19s teams instead? How many kids walk around in St. Helens or Wigan dreaming of playing Premiership football instead of RL that would never have done so even a generation ago?

It's a bitter pill for us all to have to swallow but RL is in the process of being squeezed to death by financial forces that are way out of it's wildest dreams to ever be able to compete with. Increasing the salary cap will not be the answer - all that will do is kill off the limited competitiveness there is in SL already, limiting the global appeal of the sport still further, and send even more clubs to the wall. It could do nothing but slightly delay the departures of a few players from our game, no more. Salary cap or not Wigan could never afford to pay Sam as much as a top RU or NRL club could afford to if they wanted to for instance. We have to accept that British RL is going to likely end up a semi-professional glorified pub league...

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Famous "I simply think it suits too many people in RL to keep the status quo and allows owners to have all the kudos of owning a Super League club on the cheap.'"

I think that is a very good point. Some owner clearly don't have the financial resources themselves or business skills to generate enough revenue to take their clubs forward financially. So they vote to keep the costs down when really they should be looking for people to take over who can improve matters if they have taken the clubs as far as they can.

You only have to look at Warrington to see what happens when someone who does possess those attributes takes over.

I don't think it is just small clubs though that suffer from a kind of cheapskate view. Leeds seem to been at the forefront of various cost cutting measures in recent years such as scrapping the old A teams and what has happened with junior RL recently. I get the impression while they are clearly very comfortable paying to the cap they are more interesting in cost cutting than growth.

Even IL will tell you even if the cap was increased Wigan might not necessarily be able to pay to it. This is when it should dawn on people its very hard to run a pro sport on a sound business level alone. Clubs can only raise so much cash from ticket sales and sponsorship and simply need "free money" from the likes of Sky.

BT Vision are paying RU £152m over four years having taken the RU rights off Sky. They have said they intend to use the money (well some of it) to up their salary cap as they want their sport to be at the same financial level as championship 1 soccer in terms of what it can pay players.

Out of interest BT Vision are paying £246m per season for the rights to show 38 premiership soccer games as they launch a sports channel.

We need someone in charge of RL who can pull in such deals for us. I don't mean £246m a season obviously but if RU can get £38m a season I don't see why we ought not to be aiming for a similar figure. RL regularly outstripped RU for viewing figures on Sky. Instead we get zero pounds from Stobarts!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The financial benefits that RL once had have not only stopped they are now working against us. We used to get former Union Internationals turning to League for money. That stopped 1995/6 when Union went pro.
When SL started the £ was very advatageous against $AUD and now is it's the reverse, where NRL players looked to come over for a good salary and pension perks they no longer do so. Due to the devaluation of the £ towards the $ our best players are either going or looking to go to Australia. THe UK tax breaks have now gone.

We are now on our own as far as player recruitment goes and as mentioned are looking on unable or unwilling to take the necessary steps to make the game for finanacially beneficial for our best players.
Wigan do seem to be attracting more Union/NRL clubs looking at our players as possible recruits than other SL outfits but where we can't compete at present at least IL is able to obtain a fee for those under contract. One of SL's biggest losses was James Graham who went when OOC so Saints didn't get a penny for him. At least with Gaz Hock a fee will be payable. If not then he won't go!
The Graham sort of case must be avoided and IL does seem to be looking at it by givening out longer term contracts. Also renewing existing contracts long before they expire.

The RFL and SL Chairmen have to sort something and quickly to stop the player drain, whether this will be linked to the amendments of the salary cap, revised TV deal or other measures but something has to be done, and quickly.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13936
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30366_1604259384.jpg
[color=#000000:3fno8grb]Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing. [/color:3fno8grb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30366.jpg

Quote: El Diablo "snip'"

I'm near certain that we will see Sam Tomkins leave in 2013. From the bizarre link up with Saracens to the numerous quotes in the press from the man to his brother leaving to his brief appearance playing RU, I say it with glum confidence that Sam Tomkins will not be playing in a Wigan RL shirt in 2014. With genuine sincerity I hope you can drag this quote up in a couple of years time and have a laugh about it as RL keeps it's flagship talent in Super League. A momentous achievement I can't see us fulfilling.

I accept that players coming and going, especially overseas recruits, is a natural part of rebuilding a squad over several years but my area of disillusionment with the game comes not from this, which I think you may have misunderstood or I didn't convey it clearly enough (probably the latter!) but from the fact as a game, not just as a club, we don't have the resources to be able to replace those players with anyone of like for like quality. Through salary cap restraints, lack of finance, more money and perhaps better lifestyles in other sports/competitions we're seeing the top players, the entertainers, of our competition leave and their replacements are nowhere near the standard of those players who have departed. Hence we see a lower quality of RL and a poorer product because of it which when purse strings are tight as a nation leaves me in my embittered state with the game.

You make the point about the lack of mass exodus to Union/NRL but it doesn't take a mass exodus to weaken our game as a result. If Gareth Hock leaves for the NRL our game is weaker as a result - why? Because Gaz is a top class player, one of the best second row forwards in the competition. He's an entertaining player, whether that's through some sublime piece of skill or an absolute brain fart - it's entertaining to watch, it gets people talking, it puts bums on seats and creates enthusiasm surrounding our game. If Sam Tomkins leaves in the next couple of years, I accept it's not an exodus it's only one player, but sadly that's all it takes to weaken our product/competition standards. How can we hope to progress as a sport in this country when the top talents in our game can be readily poached (worrying seemingly at will) by rah-rah clubs or the NRL (using Joel Tomkins and Gareth Hock as examples).

There are many other different factors which has brought on this outburst, things such as the lack of meaning in the 27 rounds until the play offs, three Super League clubs falling into administration in the last couple of years, an outdated Challenge Cup competition, poorly supported/structured international competitions, horrific refereeing standards, a Russian roulette of a disciplinary panel etc

I suppose I'll see TV figures and attendance figures thrown in my direction now, which appear very rosy and paint our game in a satisfying light for some, but for me I just can't get over these glaring issues that are facing our game at the moment.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

I don't think everything is rosey. However, throwing hands up in the air and saying the RFL/Chairmen need to do something does not really offer a solution.

In the end market forces dictate the money that comes into the game. There are a few sources of income TV, species, sponsors, then there is non-RL related revenue, weddings, offices etc.

Changing the Salary cap has no impact unless the revenue can increase. Unions big earner is the 6 nations, it pulls in huge amounts of cash and it's not something we can match. The TV deal is a bit of a Mystery, we pull in better figures, but get less cash???? I think the issue there is a lack of offers from TV companies outside of SKY. This has to be down to the RFL/SL sales team. How we cannot link better viewing figures to a better TV deal is beyond me unless simply in the high echelons of TV advertising we are seen as good on figures but that does not translate to adverts somehow?????

One option maybe to allow more interuption in the game. If Sky could throw 2 more ad breaks in every game bar the GF, would it make our product more TV salable? How you do that is up to the powers that be.

427 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
427 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.849609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
2m
Ashurst to depart
Big lads mat
12m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Builth Wells
13m
Rumours thread
alegend
38m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
40m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
40m
Film game
Wanderer
44m
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
53m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
just_browny
Recent
Squad for HKR
H53a
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
1m
Leigh it is
moto748
1m
Championship Awards
AgbriggAmble
1m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
1m
Betting 2024
Wires71
1m
Man of Steel
matt_wire
2m
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
3m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
3m
Builth Wells
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Awards
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Season tickets
Tony Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
Wires71
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
H53a
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
dddooommm
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Builth Wells
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
just_browny
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +22,935 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22