JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72483_1397997052.jpg
[b:90hulqic][color=#BF0040:90hulqic]The only reason they look up to you is because they chose to kneel.[/color:90hulqic][/b:90hulqic]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72483.jpg

Quote: NickyKiss "Funny we're not seeing comments of outrage from opposition fans and journos across all social media platforms for Byrnes ban. I've hardly heard a whimper about it and watching the forty 20 podcast, they said the grading seemed fair! Flip that around to the dozens of comments I saw on Harry Smith's challenge on opening night, how harshly treated Liam Watts was, how Ellis should've been banned etc and it's as though people are prepared to accept the crackdown as long as it's on the right clubs.

Honestly I'm shocked
This is one of the problems with the sport. Most fans couldn’t give a monkeys and actively revel in dog decisions when it goes against other clubs. I get that it’s funny etc but this has to be one of those things that we all come together on and agree is a pile of crap that needs sorting. You might laugh at Knowles being banned for 5 games this week, but you won’t be laughing when Maguire gets 12 games for gobbing off at someone etc etc. As funny as it can be to see oppo fans moaning about a decision, it’s always gonna come back and bite you too. 100% of the time

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29436
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Quote: Phuzzy "It definitely isn't intended as points scoring. I respect FTV's opinion even when I disagree with it so I take his assessment on board but counter it with my own different view and I think a "similar" verdict isn't unreasonable. Saints fans can also point to comparable incidents that they've come out on the wrong end of too, although I draw the line at the conspiracy nonsense some of them have taken to.

The point of my post was the sheer inconsistency of the disciplinary. It's ludicrous that they can arrive at such wildly different sanctions for what amounts to very similar incidents. I get that no two incidents are exactly alike but twice as bad?!?! Utter nonsense..'"

Yeah, no points scoring intended at all on my part either. As I said above plenty of fans are happy to accept harsh punishments for players of certain clubs and not for others and that needs to stop. I had a look on the Total RL forum earlier and it was exactly that, with most of the talk being about how disgraceful it is that Dupree didn't get a ban for hitting Lees in the face....only he didn't hit him in the face but that is ignored. The same people who didn't agree with the Watts ban are fine with this one for Byrne and so on.

I'm no fan of Leeds but Lisone was hit with a 3 game ban earlier in the season that was an absolute disgrace, the Smith one the other day was shameful (and was rightfully over turned) and so on. I don't care what shirt any player is in, I just want to see consistency and common sense. Nobody could make Byrne getting 4 games and Percival 2 make sense to me because it just doesn't. I didn't want Percival to miss more games, it seemed fair enough under the current crack down you cannot then give Byrne more than 2.

Div
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8138No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1828.jpg
:1828.jpg

I thought it was a red but concede 4 seems a little out of kilter compared to what has gone before. 2 maybe more consistent.... but consistency isn't something we get from the disciplinary panel.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29436
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: Div "I thought it was a red but concede 4 seems a little out of kilter compared to what has gone before. 2 maybe more consistent.... but consistency isn't something we get from the disciplinary panel.'"

Is about what it should've been going off previous incidents IMO. I also do not have an issue with the red because that has been reasonably consistent, as long as the video ref gets enough time to intervene, which is usually via a player staying down (sometimes because they're genuinely hurt but not always. There is clearly no issue with that in this case). I just cannot go with 4 games and the big fine on top.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3905
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65656_1708941604.jpg
[size=95:2obtgspq]23 LEAGUE TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]21 CHALLENGE CUPS[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]5 WORLD TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [b:2obtgspq][color=#FF0000:2obtgspq][size=100:2obtgspq]SAYS IT ALL REALLY[/size:2obtgspq][/color:2obtgspq][/b:2obtgspq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65656.jpg

I still can't believe people thought it was a red card. A ref card FFS, on Good Friday in the biggest game of the regular season. A red card for that.

Half the build-up was talking about going to war, ripping in and the infamous GF fight. You know, the one that's the highest viewed piece of SL content on YouTube.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29436
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: sergeant pepper "I still can't believe people thought it was a red card. A ref card FFS, on Good Friday in the biggest game of the regular season. A red card for that.

Half the build-up was talking about going to war, ripping in and the infamous GF fight. You know, the one that's the highest viewed piece of SL content on YouTube.'"

There is a big difference between living with a red card 'in the current climate' and thinking it's a red card. All being well, without ambulance chasers all over the sport, there's no way I think it's a red card but I can put up with it being one. What I can't put up with is then a guy being hit with a long ban and a big fine. The players are being battered in 3 different ways (on game day, then by being sat down and then being hit in the pocket) and the clubs, fans and the game is then missing out on seeing games between full strength teams.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11376
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2960.jpg
:2960.jpg

The comparison with Percival is obviously a relevant one given the two red cards.

This may be red-vee tinted specs but when I look at the Percival one, he gets into a very similar position to Byrne (i.e. he's not side on looking to smash with the shoulder, he's pretty front on with right arm low and out to his side). So I don't think either are looking to deliberately lead with the shoulder for starters.

I think he sees the ball going down and almost tries to pull out of the tackle rather than completing it, with the Salford player running into him and Percival ending up bumping backwards. I guess the MRP have considered that Byrne was fully committed to an illegal tackle whilst Percival could argue he tried to pull out of a tackle after a player dropped the ball - i.e. less deliberate force in the action?

Just my take and admit it could be absolute bobbins, but that's what I see when I slow the Percy tackle down.

Either way, I think we can all probably agree that the Byrne tackle is not what 4-match bans are for.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5356
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: FearTheVee "The comparison with Percival is obviously a relevant one given the two red cards.

This may be red-vee tinted specs but when I look at the Percival one, he gets into a very similar position to Byrne (i.e. he's not side on looking to smash with the shoulder, he's pretty front on with right arm low and out to his side). So I don't think either are looking to deliberately lead with the shoulder for starters.

I think he sees the ball going down and almost tries to pull out of the tackle rather than completing it, with the Salford player running into him and Percival ending up bumping backwards. I guess the MRP have considered that Byrne was fully committed to an illegal tackle whilst Percival could argue he tried to pull out of a tackle after a player dropped the ball - i.e. less deliberate force in the action?

Just my take and admit it could be absolute bobbins, but that's what I see when I slow the Percy tackle down.

Either way, I think we can all probably agree that the Byrne tackle is not what 4-match bans are for.'"

As I said earlier mate, we all see incidents in different ways. I think the comparison with the Percival one is relevant, though, because it shows the levels of inconsistency or even incompetence. Even from your perspective (which is not as harsh as mine) there still isn't enough difference between the two to justify Byrne's being twice as bad. A revealing way to illustrate it is, according to the the disciplinary, Percy could have received 2 red cards for similar offences in that match and still only been as bad as Byrne's!

I know that's a bit of a convoluted way of looking at it but it really does show the ridiculous disparity.

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player1856
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: FearTheVee "The comparison with Percival is obviously a relevant one given the two red cards.

Either way, I think we can all probably agree that the Byrne tackle is not what 4-match bans are for.'"

You are assuming the MRP has a brain between them, that’s where your argument falls icon_smile.gif On a serious note, I understand your view. Sadly, such infringements should be determined on pov but simply on what has happened, either two or four matches for them both.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player73
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sat with my RedVee mate watching the Salford game, at the time I said something similar about the Percival tackle. But like NK says, a 4 match ban AND a £750 fine (when the base figure is £250), stretches credibility to the limit.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player73
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

For Byrne that is.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player241No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The MRP isnt fit for purpose and we all know that

RankPostsTeam
International Star3802
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60223_1310112970.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60223.jpg

For what it's worth, I think the only challenge out of the 3 in question that had any form of intent for dirty play is the one that didn't get a ban. For me, that sums up the current mess.

Byrne had zero intent for a high tackle - 4 match ban.
Lees had no intent to bang heads with Thompson (despite the nonsense on here from someone suggesting it wasn't accidental) - 2 game ban.
Dupree deliberately elbows Lees - nothing.

Strip away the shambolic system we have; if Byrne and Lees didn't get bans this weekend and Dupree did, I genuinely don't think any RL Supporter of any club would complain.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29436
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "For what it's worth, I think the only challenge out of the 3 in question that had any form of intent for dirty play is the one that didn't get a ban. For me, that sums up the current mess.

Byrne had zero intent for a high tackle - 4 match ban.
Lees had no intent no bang heads with Thompson (despite the nonsense on here from someone suggesting it wasn't accidental) - 2 game ban.
Dupree deliberately elbows Lees - nothing.

Strip away the shambolic system we have; if Byrne and Lees didn't get bans this weekend and Dupree did, I genuinely don't think any RL Supporter of any club would complain.'"

Accidents aren't allowed to happen anymore according to the RFL disciplinary and it's all about end result. All the proof we need in regards to that is that Byrne gets 4 games for accidental contact, whereas Franklin Pele gets 3 games after opening night for trying to smash Minchella in to next month with a forearm/fist smash to the face. Intent seemingly doesn't come in to things and that's all part of the lottery it's become.

The Dupree one clearly wasn't an accident but what I will say is that the motion of what he does is to try and offer himself some form of protection. That sort of action has been getting on my nerves for a couple of years however and it's dangerous. I'd have given him one game for it tbh (and gone back and retrospectively given Matty Lees 37 games for the times he's done it this past few seasons...sorry, couldn't resist icon_biggrin.gif )

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player241No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: NickyKiss "Accidents aren't allowed to happen anymore according to the RFL disciplinary and it's all about end result. All the proof we need in regards to that is that Byrne gets 4 games for accidental contact, whereas Franklin Pele gets 3 games after opening night for trying to smash Minchella in to next month with a forearm/fist smash to the face. Intent seemingly doesn't come in to things and that's all part of the lottery it's become.

'"

This.

I just wish one, or a few clubs collaborating, pushed back against the MRP in someway.

215 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
215 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.318359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
fcforever111
5m
Shopping list for 2025
B0NES
48m
Dewsbury away
Bully_Boxer
60m
Leaving players
Murphy
Recent
Barrow
Trojan Horse
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Catalan Away
Steve0
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
chapylad
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Round 15 vs Leigh Leopards H
chapylad
3m
tad rhino
5m
Catalan Away
Steve0
5m
Academy Origin
Hasbag
6m
Reserves v London
homme vaste
8m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
10m
Dons v Swinton Saturday 29/6/24 at Fev 630pm
Wanderer
10m
Wakefield Trinity Register Thirteenth Win Of The Season With Victory Over Barrow
RLFANS News
10m
Leaving players
Murphy
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wakefield Trinity Register Thirteenth Win Of The Season With Victory Over Barrow
RLFANS News
TODAY
Academy Origin
Hasbag
TODAY
Catalan Away
Steve0
TODAY
Englands Youngsters Beat France With Ease Despite Early Scare
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves v London
homme vaste
TODAY
Big Win for England Women Over France in Toulouse
RLFANS News
TODAY
Dewsbury away
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Olly Russell 4 year deal
PopTart
TODAY
SuperLeague Plus Fixtures
karetaker
TODAY
A good signing for the Robins
Huddersfield
TODAY
International
Smiffy27
TODAY
Halifax v Whitehaven
faxcar
TODAY
Jayden Okunbor
ComeOnYouUll
TODAY
Kevin Sinfield event
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Red Devils appoint development manager in Ghana
Huddersfield
TODAY
Leopards sign Newcastle Knights full back
Huddersfield
TODAY
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 Contains Spoilers
RLFANS News
TODAY
David Armstrong For 2025
J7P1
TODAY
New Structure for 2025 Challenge Cup
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
Hull FC Get Second Win By Beat..
Super Salford First Half Slays..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +12,905 ↑28080,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R17
 FT
Hover 
St.George
26-6
Dolphins
 FT
Hover 
Penrith
6-16
NQL Cowboys
 FT
Hover 
Sydney
40-6
Wests
       Championship 2024-R13
 FT 
Halifax
38-18
Whitehaven
       League One 2024-R13
 FT 
Cornwall
10-16
Crusaders
       Championship 2024-R13
 FT 
Barrow
0-36
Wakefield
       League One 2024-R13
 FT 
Newcastle
10-44
Midlands
 FT 
Oldham
30-6
Hunslet
 FT 
Workington
18-37
Keighley
       Championship 2024-R13
 FT 
Dewsbury
12-38
Bradford
 FT 
Widnes
16-24
Batley
 FT 
York
10-18
Sheffield
 Wed 17th Jul
     State of Origin 2023-R3
11:05
Queensland
v
New South Wales
 Sat 17th Aug 2024
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R22
13:00
Hull FC
v
LondonB
15:30
Wigan
v
St.Helens
18:00
Warrington
v
Leeds
 Sun 18th Aug 2024
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R22
Leigh
v
Salford
Catalans
v
Hull KR
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 30th Jun
CH
LIVE
Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH
LIVE
Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH
LIVE
Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH
LIVE
Widnes16-24Batley
CH
LIVE
York10-18Sheffield
L1
LIVE
Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1
LIVE
Newcastle10-44Midlands
L1
LIVE
Oldham30-6Hunslet
L1
LIVE
Workington18-37Keighley
NRL
LIVE
St.George26-6Dolphins
NRL
LIVE
Penrith6-16NQL Cowboys
NRL
LIVE
Sydney40-6Wests
Sat 29th Jun
CH 13 Toulouse20-0Featherstone
CH 13 Doncaster18-8Swinton
NRL 17 NZ Warriors32-16Brisbane
NRL 17 Newcastle34-26Parramatta
NRL 17 Melbourne16-6Canberra
MINT2024 1 France M8-40England M
WINT2024 1 FRANCE W0-42ENGLAND W
Fri 28th Jun
NRL 17 Canterbury15-14Cronulla
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 14 403 164 239 24
St.Helens 15 423 162 261 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Warrington 15 358 213 145 20
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 15 274 270 4 16
Huddersfield 15 298 317 -19 12
Leigh 14 264 226 38 11
Castleford 15 238 429 -191 7
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 15 140 598 -458 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 13 354 217 137 20
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10
Halifax 13 270 377 -107 10
Barrow 12 203 339 -136 10
Swinton 13 260 332 -72 8
Dewsbury 14 168 419 -251 2
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
fcforever111
5m
Shopping list for 2025
B0NES
48m
Dewsbury away
Bully_Boxer
60m
Leaving players
Murphy
Recent
Barrow
Trojan Horse
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Catalan Away
Steve0
Recent
tad rhino
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
chapylad
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Round 15 vs Leigh Leopards H
chapylad
3m
tad rhino
5m
Catalan Away
Steve0
5m
Academy Origin
Hasbag
6m
Reserves v London
homme vaste
8m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
10m
Dons v Swinton Saturday 29/6/24 at Fev 630pm
Wanderer
10m
RLFANS News
10m
Leaving players
Murphy
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
RLFANS News
TODAY
Academy Origin
Hasbag
TODAY
Catalan Away
Steve0
TODAY
Englands Youngsters Beat France With Ease Despite Early Scare
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves v London