Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60904_1539894659.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60904.jpg

Quote: Rogues Gallery "We have a marquee spot available but don't have marquee money and won't have until the collective public get off their backsides go down to the stadium, buy tickets and go to the games. Those are the cold hard facts.
In 2017 Wigan lost over £600K, the losses in 2018 were even higher.'"

Exactly. Having a marquee spot available though is not the same as having money available under the cap.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15448
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: Sweaty Betty's "Exactly. Having a marquee spot available though is not the same as having money available under the cap.'"

I think a lot of people are still struggling to grasp that concept.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7769
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Grimmy "I think a lot of people are still struggling to grasp that concept.'"

Correct

And if we paid 2.2m last year with Tomkins and George getting say 150k each above their salary cap value (guessing) then when Tomkins leaves we only have his salary cap value available (100k) plus any money offset by nominating a different marquee (so if Farrell is on 175 then if we nominate him we have 75k available) not the 300 Sam got.

So I theory we are still paying up to the salary cap max and have 2 marquees but overall be paying less playing wages.

I suspect the bigger cut backs will come off the field though in the back room etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2972
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Rogues Gallery "We have a marquee spot available but don't have marquee money and won't have until the collective public get off their backsides go down to the stadium, buy tickets and go to the games. Those are the cold hard facts.
In 2017 Wigan lost over £600K, the losses in 2018 were even higher.'"

Another cold hard fact for me is that in 2016 and 2017 seasons in particular we were awful to watch and some of the fans we lost may never comeback and I think that is why a few people, including myself, were hoping for a signing that would grab the headlines and hopefully be a major coup as an addition to the squad.

I love it when we bring the kids through and long may it continue however, having the odd "glamour" signing with the skill set to match does get the fans taking and adds that extra bit of hopefulness and excitement to a new season.

A I've said previously I'm not anti Sammut and as long as he wears a cherry white shirt he will get my support however, its still a bit of an anti climax me after some of the Widdop rumours were going around.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32342
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Does a marquee player really have a BIG effect on the attendance?

Wire had one last year I think their attendances went down.

Saints went up by just over 1% but if you factor in they had the Good Friday game at home and another home derby v Wigan in the "Super 8's" the reality is that they probably flat lined.

Wigans dropped by 13% but you can hardly say we were poor to watch for most of last season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7769
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Rogues Gallery "Does a marquee player really have a BIG effect on the attendance?

Saints went up by just over 1% but if you factor in they had the Good Friday game at home and another home derby v Wigan in the "Super 8's" the reality is that they probably flat lined.

Wigans dropped by 13% but you can hardly say we were poor to watch for most of last season.'"

I dont think there's 1 answer.
But I do agree that a big marquee signing will only have a short lived/limited effect. It's not helped other teams as you say.
The ageing fan base is an issue I think and I don't think we have done the best we could in building the younger element up.
There's the financial aspect and although I believe that Wigan ticket prices are fantastic there is generally a shortage of spare cash for younger families and with all the financial issues currently affecting us then being in a cash strapped area affects us a lot.

The other thing, and I appreciate this is very subjective and no "facts" sit behind this is the general attitude of a lot of our fan base.
We seem intent on running everything down to the "N'th" degree.
I'm not saying there aren't issues, but in general the club is as well run now and as successful as it has been for the last 25years, yet if you looked at message boards, Facebook, Twitter the loudest Wigan fans have portrayed a club in crisis.
And I do believe it has demoralised and eaten away at any feel good factor we may have had at the turn of the previous decade.

As I said the other day and have you have said we need that to turn it around, constantly portraying perceived negatives and almkst ignoring the many good things the club are doing isn't helping us.
We need to get the good messages and stories out there and the fans have a big part to play in this.

I/We did what we did in 2010/11 (flags) and the feel good factor lifted everyone and the club, without getting into a whole argument over that there needs to be something to replace that, I'm not sure what that should be but rather than being pessimistic about the new season I'm absolutely desperate to watch these young lads coming through wells/partington/paisley/mullen, our new signings (yes hardaker) bullock, hankinson, sammut and I still class greenwood as a new signing.
Plus gildart/budgie/davies/marshall/escare/faz etc.
We've a hundred things to be grateful for and yes a couple of things need working in, but anyone would think it's the other way round.

We need to get that feel good factor back and a change of coach, a marquee signing, attractive rugby were just some of the reasons given by those who have stayed away, the club have done some of that but I feel for a lot they were excuses rather than reasons.
Butbthe club also need to understand even if they are then that is the paying publics perogative and they need to win them back.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach115No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22394.gif
[img:4fp5750u]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/pemps/wolfs.jpg[/img:4fp5750u] "Andy Gregory, he's like a needle in a haystack, he's everywhere!":22394.gif

Quote: Rogues Gallery "Does a marquee player really have a BIG effect on the attendance?.'"

If we were to sign Jonathan Thurston, yes. If we just give Williams a pay rise and make him our marquee, no.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7769
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Eastside "If we were to sign Jonathan Thurston, yes. If we just give Williams a pay rise and make him our marquee, no.'"

Well given that a wage demand for that type of player iscompletely out of anyone's range in the UK I.e. of we were to go for Shaun Johnson it would be practically double what we paid a Sam Tomkins and it would count nearly double on the cap, what's wrong with giving a George Williams a marquee that's about half to a 3rd of what a Shaun Johnson would be?
Putting aside what some keyboard experts think he's an England international, would walk into every SL team and was wanted by some NRL club's and will be again as his current deal starts to run down.

And Given that he'll be on around a 3rd to half of what a Shaun Johnson would want and counts about half what Shaun Johnson would cost on salary cap how do you reckon we would financially make that work?
We'd be about 400k a year more worse off and we'd have to lose another 75k off the salary cap to get him in as his dispensation wouldn't be as good?
Another 400k is around 2000 extra speccies on top of the 600k currently lost equals another 3k speccies required.
Until we get that 5k back and start averaging north of 15k then we really need to be more pragmatic.
From 2000-2004 (perceived by many as the glory years of suoer league) when we signed Matthew johns, Adrian lam, Steve renouf etc our home average was barely above 11 thousand!

When signing a Trent Barrett it increased our average by 1500 (helped by having 2 x 22k and 24k saints attendances in the same year) yet the year after with only 1 x saints game we were back at the same level before we signed him.

Since 2012 the crowds have been going down by 500 a year and we've lost around 3k, most other club's have shown decreases but maybe not as much.

Marquee overseas not only being financially risky is only a tiny part of the answer.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2972
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Rogues Gallery "Does a marquee player really have a BIG effect on the attendance?

Wigans dropped by 13% but you can hardly say we were poor to watch for most of last season.'"

Depends who the marquee player is I suppose.
I never said we were poor last season but the 2 years previously we were downright woeful.

We need to stimulate interest in new supporters. You and I are ST holders of many years so we don't need any motivating to buy a new one each year but to get people who have never been or are lapsed supporters a real top marquee player is one potential route in increasing the age/mix of the fan base.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach115No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22394.gif
[img:4fp5750u]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/pemps/wolfs.jpg[/img:4fp5750u] "Andy Gregory, he's like a needle in a haystack, he's everywhere!":22394.gif

Quote: Jukesays "Well given that a wage demand for that type of player iscompletely out of anyone's range in the UK I.e. of we were to go for Shaun Johnson it would be practically double what we paid a Sam Tomkins and it would count nearly double on the cap, what's wrong with giving a George Williams a marquee that's about half to a 3rd of what a Shaun Johnson would be?
Putting aside what some keyboard experts think he's an England international, would walk into every SL team and was wanted by some NRL club's and will be again as his current deal starts to run down.

And Given that he'll be on around a 3rd to half of what a Shaun Johnson would want and counts about half what Shaun Johnson would cost on salary cap how do you reckon we would financially make that work?
We'd be about 400k a year more worse off and we'd have to lose another 75k off the salary cap to get him in as his dispensation wouldn't be as good?
Another 400k is around 2000 extra speccies on top of the 600k currently lost equals another 3k speccies required.
Until we get that 5k back and start averaging north of 15k then we really need to be more pragmatic.
From 2000-2004 (perceived by many as the glory years of suoer league) when we signed Matthew johns, Adrian lam, Steve renouf etc our home average was barely above 11 thousand!

When signing a Trent Barrett it increased our average by 1500 (helped by having 2 x 22k and 24k saints attendances in the same year) yet the year after with only 1 x saints game we were back at the same level before we signed him.

Since 2012 the crowds have been going down by 500 a year and we've lost around 3k, most other club's have shown decreases but maybe not as much.

Marquee overseas not only being financially risky is only a tiny part of the answer.'"

Absolutely nothing wrong with promoting an existing player to marquee status. It doesn't give the same excitement as signing a NEW big Aussie name though, that's all I'm saying.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7769
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Eastside "Absolutely nothing wrong with promoting an existing player to marquee status. It doesn't give the same excitement as signing a NEW big Aussie name though, that's all I'm saying.'"

And signing a new name marquee Aussie isn't a guarantee that all will go well or it will bring crowds in which has been proved many times.

On previous threads people have asked who's the best players we've had in 30 years

Best prop - Andy Platt
Best 2nd row - Dennis Betts
Best halfback - Gregory and Edwards were top of the answers.

I'm sure if we went

Best full back -rads and Tomkins would be there or thereabouts
Best loose forward - farrell/lockers would be in the frame along with Hanley
Best hooker - dermott/Newton would be at the top of most people's lists.

Where do they all come from?

Now before people start throwing gene miles/bell/Barrett/renouf or henry paul out there.

The games/cards have changed, not necessarily for the better imo but it has.

And when it comes to 600/700k per year players were out the running.
Do we want to risk 300ks on Tyrone Roberts, Jamie sandow, Blake Austin? Which realistically is about the top we could afford
Even Leeds this year with their acquisitions are taking risks (although merrin I think is a quality purchase).
And would any of those put 2/3k on the gates purely because of their signature?
And those signatures and 2ks would only just about cover their cost and has been proved it doesn't guarantee it will happen or keep those fans.

Promotion of and inspiring of our youth and our own players in terms of making them star names is something we should be focussing on.
Making gildart, Burgess, Manfredi, Williams, Davies, Farrell and the next generations coming through household names rather than making out that these players are 2nd or 3rd best and not worth the money they get is also something we should do at club level and "Game wide".

Again, not the full answer, but part of dozens of things that need to be done.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29674
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

The overall strength of the game and feeling like you’re watching a top quality product will have the biggest bearing on attendances. I’m somebody who said I felt a Widdop style signing could put bums on seats but that will only happen over a longer period if your side is playing good rugby against other good teams.

Castlefords style of play in 2017 got everyone praising them and they achieved that with some players you’d probably class as journeymen much like Sammut. Their average attendance that year was just over 9,500 in comparison to the seasons either side where it was around the 7,800 mark. Winning helps of course and it was new for Cas to be winning so many games whilst playing attractive rugby but if we could play a more exciting brand then I’m sure there’s no reason why we couldn’t get the crowds up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach115No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22394.gif

Quote: Jukesays "And signing a new name marquee Aussie isn't a guarantee that all will go well or it will bring crowds in which has been proved many times.

On previous threads people have asked who's the best players we've had in 30 years

Best prop - Andy Platt
Best 2nd row - Dennis Betts
Best halfback - Gregory and Edwards were top of the answers.

I'm sure if we went

Best full back -rads and Tomkins would be there or thereabouts
Best loose forward - farrell/lockers would be in the frame along with Hanley
Best hooker - dermott/Newton would be at the top of most people's lists.

Where do they all come from?

Now before people start throwing gene miles/bell/Barrett/renouf or henry paul out there.

The games/cards have changed, not necessarily for the better imo but it has.

And when it comes to 600/700k per year players were out the running.
Do we want to risk 300ks on Tyrone Roberts, Jamie sandow, Blake Austin? Which realistically is about the top we could afford
Even Leeds this year with their acquisitions are taking risks (although merrin I think is a quality purchase).
And would any of those put 2/3k on the gates purely because of their signature?
And those signatures and 2ks would only just about cover their cost and has been proved it doesn't guarantee it will happen or keep those fans.

Promotion of and inspiring of our youth and our own players in terms of making them star names is something we should be focussing on.
Making gildart, Burgess, Manfredi, Williams, Davies, Farrell and the next generations coming through household names rather than making out that these players are 2nd or 3rd best and not worth the money they get is also something we should do at club level and "Game wide".

Again, not the full answer, but part of dozens of things that need to be done.'"

You seem to be picking things up that I've not said or intimated. I'm not looking for a row, all I'm saying is that a marquee signing of Thurston would put more bums on seats than a wage increase for Williams. Nothing more, nothing less. At no point have I said Matty Johns is better than Shaun Edwards or Matty Bowen was better than Sam Tomkins... And I've also not said that Thurston is a realistic target. All I've said is that a big name, new marquee signing would put bums on seats. I've also not said that a £500K Aussie would put enough bums on seats to cover their wage. All I've said, and I've said it a few times, is that crowds would increase with a top, top, Aussie signing.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7438No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

By top top Aussie you can’t mean the likes of Thurston or Cronk. Little left of their careers and wouldn’t IMHO add much to us.

To put “bums on seats” you’d be looking at a top Kiwi or Aussie. Players like Shaun Johnson, Jason Tamaulolo (sp), Andrew Fifita, Valentine Holmes, James Tedesco, Boyd Cordner, the Trbojevic brothers, Kodi Nikorima.

As good as players Thurston and Cronk are or were; I just don’t think they’d be as effective or as good over in SL at this stage of their careers and we’d be better off spending the money elsewhere. No doubt they’d be over on marquee wages and I wouldn’t have thought it to be worth it.

The reality is that list of Aussies/Kiwi’s/Tongan’s will never come over here, especially at this stage of their careers. To rely on a signing to put bums on seats is irresponsible IMHO and a sign of poor marketing.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7769
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Eastside "You seem to be picking things up that I've not said or intimated. I'm not looking for a row, all I'm saying is that a marquee signing of Thurston would put more bums on seats than a wage increase for Williams. Nothing more, nothing less. At no point have I said Matty Johns is better than Shaun Edwards or Matty Bowen was better than Sam Tomkins... And I've also not said that Thurston is a realistic target. All I've said is that a big name, new marquee signing would put bums on seats. I've also not said that a £500K Aussie would put enough bums on seats to cover their wage. All I've said, and I've said it a few times, is that crowds would increase with a top, top, Aussie signing.'"

Crowds would increase if we let everyone in for free.

Equally unsustainable

But if we're throwing ideas out that don't require any kind of logic and long term wont work, then feel free.

Just don't be surprised if someone picks holes in those ideas.

205 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
205 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.37158203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
8m
Film game
karetaker
9m
Best Semi
ratticusfinc
27m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
29m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
30m
Call for funds
Brew
Recent
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
Recent
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
1m
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
2m
Film game
karetaker
2m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
3m
Man of Steel
matt_wire
3m
Squad 2024
faxcar
3m
Call for funds
Brew
3m
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
6m
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
ratticusfinc
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +12,890 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22