FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > BRIGANTES (Flags)
580 posts in 40 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3632_1352982335.jpg
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery....... I will look to the moment, and miraculously, the future will take care of itself. Radio 5 Live, Sat, April 14th, 2007,...Dave Whelan, "In Wigan, rugby will always be king" 'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet..........unsure' 'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it' Worry will not prevent destiny from unfolding.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3632.jpg

Quote: Wigg'n "Are any good looking single ladies attending the meet, or is it all ale-pounding, beer bellie'd, middle-aged men?

That'll be me and Geoff !!!! eusa_think.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: {Hogan} "You where doing really well until this point....if some fans want to chant that, be it limp wristed or not, who the hell are you to comment?

For what its worth, ultras/brigantes or whatever it is you call it this week is a great thing IF controlled....you have the idea that you want to make it as intimidating for the opposing fans, but at the HKR away game this season you made it intimidating for some of your own fans, setting flares off etc.

Keep up the good stuff, but dont get all high and mighty if people A) dont follow what you do B) decide they want to do there own thing.'"

About 3 Nails hit firmly on head!

Interesting you mention the HKR game away because as most of you know I was asked to get to the Bottom of what had gone on.

End of the day, anyone does it again and the Whole thing will stop, so if you want it to continue then "WE HAVE TO POLICE OURSELVES!"

If there was some PPOT in a Ski mask last week (Note I'm saying "If" as I've not yet heard confirmation from any Wigan fan on here that there was which bearing in mind a lot of you would have been stood near this?), point him out and get rid of him.
There's enough people at the games who know most of the organisers to highlight any issues and have a quiet word?

I am aware that a few people have said that it is not their responsibilty to point out these things and control it but my answer now as it has been all along is that if we don't then it will All stop! This isn't a lame threat as those of you that have been to the meetings (And it will be discussed again tonight by an official of Wigan RLFC at tonights meeting) have been told that if there are any issues not only will all Flags etc be stopped at away games but at Home as well.

As Hogan alluded to there are many different views on How we achieve a better atmosphere etc and a little bit more thought into what is put on some of the comments on this board would lead to a lot less Arguments that are creating a Storm in a tea cup and/or c0ck measuring on who is the better supporter.

The Wire fan says he saw someone in a ski mask, if he's right then I would have hoped that individuals who want this scene to continue would put a stop to this as I think we can all agree that it would be completely out of order? If we don't Self Police then as I said earlier it will stop?
If there is no truth in it then a few people on here need to realise that they've fell for the 3 card trick and by highlighting the 1% negative out of this scene and bickering about it rather than the positives all they are doing is lending weight to the people who want it stopped for whatever their own personal vendettas are inc both Wigan and Non Wigan fans.

Final word is that the meeting is tonight, everyone as always welcome and quite a lot of interesting matters to be discussed tonight!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1250
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29146.gif
Keep goin wit yed down:29146.gif

Quote: Suzy Banyon "Trying to claim the moral high ground? Nice try. How did you see this "Where's Wally" ski mask from the other side of the ground?

The police car in the pic and the the policemen and dogs in the King's Head area I saw upon leaving the ground would suggest the police at least were worried about trouble and were taking preventative action. Anyway, carry on trying to deflect criticism away from Warrington, you're doing quite a good job.'"

Don't want to derail the thread but I've just had a thought about the "ski mask".

I sit in the east stand and there is a guy about 10 rows in front of me who always turns up with cherry and white stripes on his face. I think he comes from Salford or Manchester because my son (Piemandan) used to see him on the train from Salford, my son was at uni. there.
I saw him at Warrington and he was stood with the "brigantes".

The thing is this guy is black and I just wonder if from the Warrington stand it looked like a ski mask in a sea of white faces? I say this in all seriousness, I am NOT trying to wind anyone up.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: proper-shaped-balls "Don't want to derail the thread but I've just had a thought about the "ski mask".

I sit in the east stand and there is a guy about 10 rows in front of me who always turns up with cherry and white stripes on his face. I think he comes from Salford or Manchester because my son (Piemandan) used to see him on the train from Salford, my son was at uni. there.

The thing is this guy is black and I just wonder if from the Warrington stand it looked like a ski mask in a sea of white faces? I say this in all seriousness, I am NOT trying to wind anyone up.'"

I know who you mean, he sits near me in the East stand at home games!
I think you may have solved the Mystery!

RankPostsTeam
International Star546No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51917_1302207978.jpg
[quote="Rob Wire":qtnftxzx]WIGAN ARE BACK to what exactly ? Oh i see what you mean, back to beating weakened teams. How many key players did we have missing in the cup ? Just remind us again how many key players did Saints have missing in last years grand final ? When did you actually last beat a strong Saints or Warringtom team ? Don't include beating us last year at the HJ, we had a lead of around 14pts and were cruising then we lost both Briers and Monaghan, another example of Wigan capitalising on other teams misfortunes.[/quote:qtnftxzx] [color=#FF0000:qtnftxzx][list:qtnftxzx]Gotta' love 'em.[/list:u:qtnftxzx][/color:qtnftxzx] [color=#FF0000:qtnftxzx]"You can shove yer f****** England up yer a***"[/color:qtnftxzx]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51917.jpg

Quote: Jukesays "

If there was some PPOT in a Ski mask last week (Note I'm saying "If" as I've not yet heard confirmation from any Wigan fan on here that there was which bearing in mind a lot of you would have been stood near this?), point him out and get rid of him.

'"

You can't get rid of someone for wearing a mask surely? He didn't actually do anything did he?

RankPostsTeam
International Star7559
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: twosevenzero "]

That'll be me and Geoff !!!!
No daughters? icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3632_1352982335.jpg
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery....... I will look to the moment, and miraculously, the future will take care of itself. Radio 5 Live, Sat, April 14th, 2007,...Dave Whelan, "In Wigan, rugby will always be king" 'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet..........unsure' 'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it' Worry will not prevent destiny from unfolding.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3632.jpg

Quote: Wigg'n "No daughters?

No, but I think Geoff has a blonde wig and a very fetching floral print dress.... icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5750No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7349_1382076828.jpeg
CHAMP20NS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7349.jpeg

Quote: proper-shaped-balls "Don't want to derail the thread but I've just had a thought about the "ski mask".

The thing is this guy is black and I just wonder if from the Warrington stand it looked like a ski mask in a sea of white faces? I say this in all seriousness, I am NOT trying to wind anyone up.'"

BAN HIM!!!! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32343
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: twosevenzero "No, but I think Geoff has a blonde wig and a very fetching floral print dress....
And his weekend name is Jennifer.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3632_1352982335.jpg

Quote: Rogues Gallery "And his weekend name is Jennifer.'"

I think Thursdays after 6.00 pm its Doreen, but dont quote me on it ?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32343
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: twosevenzero "I think Thursdays after 6.00 pm its Doreen, but dont quote me on it ?'"

I wouldn't dream of it Renee.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3632_1352982335.jpg

Quote: Rogues Gallery "I wouldn't dream of it Renee.'"

No problem 'Babs' !!!! icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

How dare you suggest such a thing, clearly he was a very drunk man causing trouble and upsetting people.

Seriously though, if we police this ourselves and just sing our hearts out every week then nothing will go wrong.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

I love Wigan fans in a [i'i love to hate you but it's not real hate cos a lot of my family and friends are Wigan fans banter type way'[/i

I love taking the mick out of the Ultras and Brigantes because banter is always about petty point scoring and oneupmanship and any small crack and like water we'll run through it, the ultras sounding like a sanitary towel for instance. Banter is only ever good if it's done in the good faith that you don't overstep the mark and take what ever is thrown back on the chin and laugh it off.

The thing is i love the fact that you guys make such an effort and i wish all clubs would go to a similar effort, i've seen you twice away now HJ and The Stoop and both times i've been very impressed and slightly envious, not so much at the DW though were i thought you were a little subdued.

Any fan that really genuinely takes the pee and thinks this is a little sad just isn't 'getting it' for me.

As a Wire fan the games i look forward to the most are Wigan, Saints and Widnes, the reason being the crowds are more vociferous and that instantly makes the atmosphere electric and so much more enjoyable. We all want this atmosphere so why ridicule something we actively thrive off.

My only worry with this is the more unsavoury element latching on to this as some sort of group that intimerdates beyond that of which we expect and believe to be decent and civil and as Jukesays says it must be policed from within to stamp out any chance of it being hijacked, if this is done and the nobs are removed quickly it will be a very positive thing for RL.

In fact imagine if the 14 top clubs all created their own little splinter groups of fan groups and then at games tried to out do each other it would be amazing for the game and the atmosphere in general and as well as having TGG on the pitch we'd have fans who not only behave themselves but outdo the atmosphere of the wendyball, yet another positive shot in the arm for attracting fans.

I'll always continue to have as many digs as possible at Wigan, as a Wire it's my duty and i would always expect the good natured banter back but i do admire you guys on this and hopefully it spreads to the wider rugby community.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3423No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7772_1381589149.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7772.jpg

Quote: Jukesays "About 3 Nails hit firmly on head!

Interesting you mention the HKR game away because as most of you know I was asked to get to the Bottom of what had gone on.

End of the day, anyone does it again and the Whole thing will stop, so if you want it to continue then "WE HAVE TO POLICE OURSELVES!"

There's enough people at the games who know most of the organisers to highlight any issues and have a quiet word?

I am aware that a few people have said that it is not their responsibilty to point out these things and control it but my answer now as it has been all along is that if we don't then it will All stop! This isn't a lame threat as those of you that have been to the meetings (And it will be discussed again tonight by an official of Wigan RLFC at tonights meeting) have been told that if there are any issues not only will all Flags etc be stopped at away games but at Home as well.

As Hogan alluded to there are many different views on How we achieve a better atmosphere etc and a little bit more thought into what is put on some of the comments on this board would lead to a lot less Arguments that are creating a Storm in a tea cup and/or c0ck measuring on who is the better supporter.

The Wire fan says he saw someone in a ski mask, if he's right then I would have hoped that individuals who want this scene to continue would put a stop to this as I think we can all agree that it would be completely out of order? If we don't Self Police then as I said earlier it will stop?
If there is no truth in it then a few people on here need to realise that they've fell for the 3 card trick and by highlighting the 1% negative out of this scene and bickering about it rather than the positives all they are doing is lending weight to the people who want it stopped for whatever their own personal vendettas are inc both Wigan and Non Wigan fans.

Final word is that the meeting is tonight, everyone as always welcome and quite a lot of interesting matters to be discussed tonight!'"

The meetings have become a farce. Officials from the club? What for? They turned up at the last one and there haven't been any complaints since so why are they there to lay the law down tonight. These meetings have become a vehcile to attempt to gain control of our idea. Way too official.

Get rid of someone who put a ski mask on? Why? I've seen people at games that drunk they can hardly walk. Ban them too? Where do you stop? Shiny Ellgren jackets?

If people are that interested in policing Wigan fans they should become a steward or ask Collinson for a job FFS!

You've brought up HKR. I was told that HKR were more aggreived at the 200 or so who congregate in that corner next to the bar and never take to their seats. As a result they are thinking of reducing Wigan's allocation next year. Should we consider banning wigan fans who seem more interested in getting drunk at away games than watching the game? All in the interests of self policing n' all.

580 posts in 40 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
580 posts in 40 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1103515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
12m
Recruitment rumours and links
Fantastic Mr
17m