JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JonnyBroad "not really circles is it??? do you mean i gave you an alternative to your post which suggested Jarrod would be a strating player when in truth nobody knows yet who will start at 7.'"

I covered both scenarios in my reply. Yet you asked the same question again.

I spoke of the issues of signing Sammut as a a back up as well as a starter. Hence the circles.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain571No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rogues Gallery "We have a marquee spot available but don't have marquee money and won't have until the collective public get off their backsides go down to the stadium, buy tickets and go to the games. Those are the cold hard facts.
In 2017 Wigan lost over £600K, the losses in 2018 were even higher.'"

Brian, why do you keep bringing sense in to these forums it will never catch on??? THEY all know its IL being tight and not wanting to spend another 600k out of his pocket mopping up the debt but then being criticised for attempting to spread the brand in order to generate more funds to enable us to afford marquee players.there is no pleasing these people they just like moaning and hate facts.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3787No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rogues Gallery "We have a marquee spot available but don't have marquee money and won't have until the collective public get off their backsides go down to the stadium, buy tickets and go to the games. Those are the cold hard facts.

Chicken and egg.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29441
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Quote: jinkin jimmy "Chicken and egg.'"

That’s the issue isn’t it but it’s Lenagans money and he’s decided to go down the route of cutting costs to save money rather then speculating to try and accumulate.

I feel we’re putting a bit too much faith in crowds going back up based on people knowing who we’ll be playing in August and September but maybe I’ll be surprised. I’m hoping we’re trying to have a better financial year with an eye on really attacking the player market for 2020 when Edwards arrives.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3969No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44075_1339364158.jpg
What's the rumpus, Tom? [quote="Pemps":1dso5atj]I can't confirm Bennett's exact words but I believe they were along the lines of "Strewth Ian, I wouldn't touch him with yours. He's a flammin' Gala". [/quote:1dso5atj] [quote="Wigan Peer":1dso5atj]I keep my bin under 30mph to avoid fines... :CURTAIN:[/quote:1dso5atj] [quote="MattyB":1dso5atj]you cant tell me they are all busting for a turd. [/quote:1dso5atj] Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm To keep her from the howlin' winds.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44075.jpg

My two pence is slightly different i think

I am obviously underwhelmed by his signing, however he gives us something which we currently lack in that he is a real maverick player. I know we have Williams but i dont think unpredictability is a string in his bow, despite his obvious talents.

Not to mention Sammut has may quality's of other maverick type players but with non of the baggage like Chase, Sandow or maybe even Brough.

I know people are bleating on about the failure to use the salary cap but being optimistic, i hope that this is in order not to tie down expensive players (when no real quality is available) before Edwards comes next year. Worst case scenario is Giz comes here and does not have a penny to spend.

Makes sense to me that IL is trying to make next year the big "relaunch" of WWRLFC, complete with the return of the prodigal sun and a few great signings.

This year was only ever going to be a transition one for us and next year the big push will start.

Wishful thinking perhaps but im still confident in IL and i am hoping that more bums will be on seats next year after we milk the bejesus out of Edwards homecoming of the back of hopefully a season of fluent and entertaining RL from Lam

RankPostsTeam
International Star1624
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60904_1539894659.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60904.jpg

Exactly. Having a marquee spot available though is not the same as having money available under the cap.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15440
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: Sweaty Betty's "Exactly. Having a marquee spot available though is not the same as having money available under the cap.'"

I think a lot of people are still struggling to grasp that concept.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Grimmy "I think a lot of people are still struggling to grasp that concept.'"

Correct

And if we paid 2.2m last year with Tomkins and George getting say 150k each above their salary cap value (guessing) then when Tomkins leaves we only have his salary cap value available (100k) plus any money offset by nominating a different marquee (so if Farrell is on 175 then if we nominate him we have 75k available) not the 300 Sam got.

So I theory we are still paying up to the salary cap max and have 2 marquees but overall be paying less playing wages.

I suspect the bigger cut backs will come off the field though in the back room etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2915
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Another cold hard fact for me is that in 2016 and 2017 seasons in particular we were awful to watch and some of the fans we lost may never comeback and I think that is why a few people, including myself, were hoping for a signing that would grab the headlines and hopefully be a major coup as an addition to the squad.

I love it when we bring the kids through and long may it continue however, having the odd "glamour" signing with the skill set to match does get the fans taking and adds that extra bit of hopefulness and excitement to a new season.

A I've said previously I'm not anti Sammut and as long as he wears a cherry white shirt he will get my support however, its still a bit of an anti climax me after some of the Widdop rumours were going around.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32319
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Does a marquee player really have a BIG effect on the attendance?

Wire had one last year I think their attendances went down.

Saints went up by just over 1% but if you factor in they had the Good Friday game at home and another home derby v Wigan in the "Super 8's" the reality is that they probably flat lined.

Wigans dropped by 13% but you can hardly say we were poor to watch for most of last season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Rogues Gallery "Does a marquee player really have a BIG effect on the attendance?

Saints went up by just over 1% but if you factor in they had the Good Friday game at home and another home derby v Wigan in the "Super 8's" the reality is that they probably flat lined.

Wigans dropped by 13% but you can hardly say we were poor to watch for most of last season.'"

I dont think there's 1 answer.
But I do agree that a big marquee signing will only have a short lived/limited effect. It's not helped other teams as you say.
The ageing fan base is an issue I think and I don't think we have done the best we could in building the younger element up.
There's the financial aspect and although I believe that Wigan ticket prices are fantastic there is generally a shortage of spare cash for younger families and with all the financial issues currently affecting us then being in a cash strapped area affects us a lot.

The other thing, and I appreciate this is very subjective and no "facts" sit behind this is the general attitude of a lot of our fan base.
We seem intent on running everything down to the "N'th" degree.
I'm not saying there aren't issues, but in general the club is as well run now and as successful as it has been for the last 25years, yet if you looked at message boards, Facebook, Twitter the loudest Wigan fans have portrayed a club in crisis.
And I do believe it has demoralised and eaten away at any feel good factor we may have had at the turn of the previous decade.

As I said the other day and have you have said we need that to turn it around, constantly portraying perceived negatives and almkst ignoring the many good things the club are doing isn't helping us.
We need to get the good messages and stories out there and the fans have a big part to play in this.

I/We did what we did in 2010/11 (flags) and the feel good factor lifted everyone and the club, without getting into a whole argument over that there needs to be something to replace that, I'm not sure what that should be but rather than being pessimistic about the new season I'm absolutely desperate to watch these young lads coming through wells/partington/paisley/mullen, our new signings (yes hardaker) bullock, hankinson, sammut and I still class greenwood as a new signing.
Plus gildart/budgie/davies/marshall/escare/faz etc.
We've a hundred things to be grateful for and yes a couple of things need working in, but anyone would think it's the other way round.

We need to get that feel good factor back and a change of coach, a marquee signing, attractive rugby were just some of the reasons given by those who have stayed away, the club have done some of that but I feel for a lot they were excuses rather than reasons.
Butbthe club also need to understand even if they are then that is the paying publics perogative and they need to win them back.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach115No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22394.gif
[img:4fp5750u]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/pemps/wolfs.jpg[/img:4fp5750u] "Andy Gregory, he's like a needle in a haystack, he's everywhere!":22394.gif

Quote: Rogues Gallery "Does a marquee player really have a BIG effect on the attendance?.'"

If we were to sign Jonathan Thurston, yes. If we just give Williams a pay rise and make him our marquee, no.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Eastside "If we were to sign Jonathan Thurston, yes. If we just give Williams a pay rise and make him our marquee, no.'"

Well given that a wage demand for that type of player iscompletely out of anyone's range in the UK I.e. of we were to go for Shaun Johnson it would be practically double what we paid a Sam Tomkins and it would count nearly double on the cap, what's wrong with giving a George Williams a marquee that's about half to a 3rd of what a Shaun Johnson would be?
Putting aside what some keyboard experts think he's an England international, would walk into every SL team and was wanted by some NRL club's and will be again as his current deal starts to run down.

And Given that he'll be on around a 3rd to half of what a Shaun Johnson would want and counts about half what Shaun Johnson would cost on salary cap how do you reckon we would financially make that work?
We'd be about 400k a year more worse off and we'd have to lose another 75k off the salary cap to get him in as his dispensation wouldn't be as good?
Another 400k is around 2000 extra speccies on top of the 600k currently lost equals another 3k speccies required.
Until we get that 5k back and start averaging north of 15k then we really need to be more pragmatic.
From 2000-2004 (perceived by many as the glory years of suoer league) when we signed Matthew johns, Adrian lam, Steve renouf etc our home average was barely above 11 thousand!

When signing a Trent Barrett it increased our average by 1500 (helped by having 2 x 22k and 24k saints attendances in the same year) yet the year after with only 1 x saints game we were back at the same level before we signed him.

Since 2012 the crowds have been going down by 500 a year and we've lost around 3k, most other club's have shown decreases but maybe not as much.

Marquee overseas not only being financially risky is only a tiny part of the answer.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2915
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Rogues Gallery "Does a marquee player really have a BIG effect on the attendance?

Wigans dropped by 13% but you can hardly say we were poor to watch for most of last season.'"

Depends who the marquee player is I suppose.
I never said we were poor last season but the 2 years previously we were downright woeful.

We need to stimulate interest in new supporters. You and I are ST holders of many years so we don't need any motivating to buy a new one each year but to get people who have never been or are lapsed supporters a real top marquee player is one potential route in increasing the age/mix of the fan base.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach115No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22394.gif
[img:4fp5750u]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/pemps/wolfs.jpg[/img:4fp5750u] "Andy Gregory, he's like a needle in a haystack, he's everywhere!":22394.gif

Quote: Jukesays "Well given that a wage demand for that type of player iscompletely out of anyone's range in the UK I.e. of we were to go for Shaun Johnson it would be practically double what we paid a Sam Tomkins and it would count nearly double on the cap, what's wrong with giving a George Williams a marquee that's about half to a 3rd of what a Shaun Johnson would be?
Putting aside what some keyboard experts think he's an England international, would walk into every SL team and was wanted by some NRL club's and will be again as his current deal starts to run down.

And Given that he'll be on around a 3rd to half of what a Shaun Johnson would want and counts about half what Shaun Johnson would cost on salary cap how do you reckon we would financially make that work?
We'd be about 400k a year more worse off and we'd have to lose another 75k off the salary cap to get him in as his dispensation wouldn't be as good?
Another 400k is around 2000 extra speccies on top of the 600k currently lost equals another 3k speccies required.
Until we get that 5k back and start averaging north of 15k then we really need to be more pragmatic.
From 2000-2004 (perceived by many as the glory years of suoer league) when we signed Matthew johns, Adrian lam, Steve renouf etc our home average was barely above 11 thousand!

When signing a Trent Barrett it increased our average by 1500 (helped by having 2 x 22k and 24k saints attendances in the same year) yet the year after with only 1 x saints game we were back at the same level before we signed him.

Since 2012 the crowds have been going down by 500 a year and we've lost around 3k, most other club's have shown decreases but maybe not as much.

Marquee overseas not only being financially risky is only a tiny part of the answer.'"

Absolutely nothing wrong with promoting an existing player to marquee status. It doesn't give the same excitement as signing a NEW big Aussie name though, that's all I'm saying.

205 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
205 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.98291015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Other Championship Clubs
Luppylad
3m
TV games not Wire
matt_wire
8m
Toulouse A
Bully_Boxer
9m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
10m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Cherry_Warri
11m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
23m
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
25m
Round 16 London Home
Seth
44m
email
orangeman
52m
This site is crap
YosemiteSam
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
2025 Recruitment
herr rigsby
1m
Murphy on his way then
PopTart
1m
WHO IS NEXT
YosemiteSam
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
2m
TV games not Wire
matt_wire
2m
Jayden Okunbor
bonaire
2m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 16
Les Dyl's re
2m
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
2m
Salford - Away
Jake the Peg
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
YosemiteSam
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Seth
TODAY
Leeds
orangeman
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Best Wigan Tour Team
MattyB
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +23,228 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10