JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36121_1270460193.jpg
Conroy - Being a Latics fan i'm already immune to watching sh*te. Sally Cinnamon - Treat the Saints forum as you would if you met a girl from St Helens. Best policy would be to avoid altogether but if you absolutely can't resist temptation then take every possible precaution.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36121.jpg

Quote: DaveO "
Quote: DaveO "I think part of the problem is a player having his head turned by a glamorous (NRL against SL) suitor. When a player is being approached it's bound to get them thinking. IF Hock goes it's more likely IL's cashing in on a player who doesn't want to stay and that makes sense (distasteful as it is for fans).'"

In which case as Hansen has reportedly been approached by Dean Bell why doesn't IL offer Hansen to the NZ Warriors now and get a fee rather than wait until his contract has expired next year and Wigan get nothing?

What about Mossop? He's on along term deal and rumours about him gong to the NRL have been knocking about. IL ought be able to raise a tidy sum for him as well.

Anyone else of interest to the NRL who we had better get shut of while we can make some money?

Quote: DaveO "And yes, contracts mean jack when it's a buyers market.'"

Try telling Bradford that.'"

Christ Dave, I was merely surmising as to the rationale, it didn't warrant such a facetious comment. It's replies like yours there that makes internet boards an unpleasant place sometimes, worse when it comes from someone with a mod badge.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1278No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23138_1331550009.png
New Years Resolution To Stop Swearing 1st January FCUKing failed:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23138.png

A rugby league player career is short lets face it most retire from top level rugbt around 33-35 years old (with the obvious exceptions). Hock has made one almighty mistake with his habit from a few years ago and has paid he price for it. He probably wants to look back on his career in 10 years time and say I didnt regret most of the things I did. And this opportunity will be too good to miss. He'll have better pay, better weather and playing in what is regarded as a better competition

I normally dont slag off the RFL but I will do now. Because they have pandered to the likes of Cas, Wakey, HKR and others they have weakend the competition. Clubs should be spending up to the cap now especially since it hasn't been increased since it's introduction. With the rate of inflation clubs should be spending up to the cap. Unfortunately clubs are not so something is flawed there. Also the knock on effect is that the quality is lacking.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: WigansForeignLegion "Christ Dave, I was merely surmising as to the rationale, it didn't warrant such a facetious comment. It's replies like yours there that makes internet boards an unpleasant place sometimes, worse when it comes from someone with a mod badge.'"

Apologies if it came across a bit strong. I get fed up of hearing the excuses such as "well we got a big transfer fee" or " contracts are worthless" or "you'd do the same if you could get a 50% pay rise" etc etc.

I find all these kind of points equally irrelevant as what NickyKiss said above when he mentioned IL saying being approached for our players is flattering but ultimately what good is that when we have little quality left? I don't really give a toss if we can sell players for big fees or what sort of pay rise they can get if we end up with a low quality side and that seems to be what is happening. I want Wigan to assemble a high quality side and keep it together not be wondering which one of our star players is going to leave next before their contracts are up.

Maybe when IL speaks to Phil Wilkinson today he we quash the Hock rumour but even if he does I think the discussion is now broader than just him and people have woken up to the fact we really have lost too much quality in one go whether he stays or goes.

Anyway, once again apologies if I came across too strong.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach604No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13802_1335794682.jpg
The new Saints statue looks like Andy Farrell!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13802.jpg

We've had Jeff Lima move to South Sydney, Brett Finch and Thomas Leuluai opt to move to the NRL, we've got rumours of Gareth Hock leaving to the NRL, Harrison Hansen set to be poached by New Zealand Warriors, strong rumours of Lee Mossop going on a 'sabbatical' leave to the NRL. Coupled with the fact Union snapped up Joel Tomkins - a tremendous talent lost to the game - and inevitably we resign ourselves to losing our star player, our competition's flagship player Sam Tomkins to Union when we allow ourselves to bend over and let him speak to whoever the hell he wants next year. This flat out sucks.

Okay, critics will say Wigan have poached Blake Green and Scott Taylor from Hull KR, but just say that to yourself, Blake Green and Scott Taylor. Wigan's star signing next season is Blake Green. Without getting all the scapegoat, give him a chance, stop writing him off before he's kicked a ball spiel, I never imagined for a second we would see a halfback combination of Matty Smith and Blake Green at Wigan. All our best players appear to be leaving/left/retired without any like-for-like quality coming in. Sam Tomkins, George Carmont, Jeff Lima, Brett Finch, Thomas Leuluai, Gareth Hock, Harrison Hansen, Lee Mossop etc and who are we bringing in? Epalahame Lauaki, Anthony Gelling, Ben Flower, Gil Dudson, Scott Taylor, Matty Smith, Blake Green - it makes for horrible reading. Finally the RFL will have the even competition they've been looking for when we're on the same level as Wakefield, Salford, London and all them other rubbish little clubs.

What is the point in heavy investment in our youth setup, developing and nuturing these young RL players not just as a player but as men too, seeing them progress through our academy system, integrate them into the first team, establish themselves in the first team to eventually move up to England RL players to then see them as established players poached by Union or the NRL. And the only BS you hear in return is "well we got a substantial transfer fee" or "we'll develop another one" or "IMO -insert any young academy player- is going to be a better player anyway" - all ridiculous points to make. The transfer fee money is no use because we can't afford the salaries of a like-for-like replacement due to salary cap restraints i.e Blake Green (Brett Finch), Matty Smith (Thomas Leuluai), that young lad who people think will excel and replace the departed player will only end up being snapped again by the NRL/Union or might well just not be as good. I mean, will Wigan ever develop a player like Sam Tomkins in the next twenty years? Say the next ten years?

Yes this is a dummy spit and probably makes for a tremendous laugh for some of the trolls on here but that is sad in itself. The glee other supporters will get when the best players from our competition (Finch/Leuluai/Carmont/Lima - possibly Mossop/Hock/Hansen/Tomkins) are poached to another sport/competition and Super League, the product they are paying for, is worse off for it, but who cares as long as we can finally compete with Wigan.

a014.gif

Well said, IL is turning into a minge bag, it needs to be said. Comments to the effect of "we dont keep players who want to move away" is poor to say the least. If he is a 'business man' you would think he would be as shrewd about this as he is about making a profit at the club. All I have heard out of his pie hole has been "the club is making a profit" it's not difficult to see where his priorities are heading now.

If they want fans to commit to season tickets they are going to have to better than this, coupled with the play off system debacle and our lack of investment in playing staff a lot of Wigan fans have questioned a season ticket option this coming year.

I called for a club forum and had some correspondance from the club that they may do it early 2013 but IMO that is too late, nine players departed so far with rumours of more...

RankPostsTeam
International Star75No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68192_1345800800.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68192.png

Not annoyed at Hock because it's fully understandable why he'd want to go, but it's just depressing that we can barely keep our good players.

Can't believe we've kept Pat Richards this long, at least there's that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29674
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Sadly Richards may be one of the next batch of players away. He along with Hansen are out of contract at the end aren't they? And I'd guess teams will sniff around them both and the incentives to stay look minimul the way things are going. We have to also consider the distinct possibility that Tomkins and maybe Mossop will be going through the exit door at the end of 2013 as well which makes re-signings harder in a way.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach26No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The 2013 Rugby League World Cup in this country will be the death knell of the professional era

The 2015 Rugby Union World Cup in this country will show any class player where the future, organisation skills, public support, and money lies.

RIP RL ...it was great whilst it lasted

RankPostsTeam
International Star95
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons97df_files/4218-27sowhat-msnicons.jpg
:icons97df_files/4218-27sowhat-msnicons.jpg

Quote: wigvet "The 2013 Rugby League World Cup in this country will be the death knell of the professional era

The 2015 Rugby Union World Cup in this country will show any class player where the future, organisation skills, public support, and money lies.

RIP RL ...it was great whilst it lasted'"

Totally agree 100%.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1002No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: chrissie "Totally agree 100%.'"

Completely true.

Good luck to Hock though, wish him all the best, he should definitely take the opportunity.

*IF* Nigel Wood remains in charge:

RL in the UK is probably finished as a major sport. In 10 years there'll be a top-flight Wigan-based RU team, maybe the bast@rd child of Sale and Wigan. Wigan RL will be a semi-pro club, along with all the others, feeding the RU team. Every few weeks we'll get a statement from the RFL telling us how great everything is to make us feel better.

I have faith though that enough people love the game that this won't happen. One way or another they'll eventually find a way to get him and the rest of the RFL to resign.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
63362_1317664225.jpg
[b:35jm31e6][color=#FF0040:35jm31e6]Formerly known as Moonlight Flit[/color:35jm31e6][/b:35jm31e6]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_63362.jpg

Quote: twosevenzero "If they move to the NRL its probably to play in a superior competition with arguably a better lifestyle, if to union its more than likely financial, you can be 'set up for life' if you accept their offer, not many have moved to other SL clubs.'"

But it's more than that isn't it ?

What about Finch ? Hardly a 'marquee player' but a decent one, but we couldn't even hold onto him. Apparently he wanted to stay.

George Carmont now appears NOT to be retiring. So what was that all about ?

For decades, Wigan due to it's 'RL culture' has churned out players. Unlike anywhere else in the UK. Now if I have spotted that, so have other people.

Wigan, even though a small town, regularly pulls in the crowds, again due to the almost unique culture for Rugby League.

Again, this will have been noticed.

The above 2 points equal assets. Crowds and players production, both can equal money.

A 'business man' will look at his P&L sheet and use those two variables.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65919_1328916886.jpg
"Just leave it to me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65919.jpg

Quote: wigvet "The 2013 Rugby League World Cup in this country will be the death knell of the professional era

RIP RL ...it was great whilst it lasted'"

We all agree (well I hope that we do!) that RL is the finest spectator team sport in this country, if not the world. It certainly knocks kick and clap into a cocked hat. However why is Ra-Ra so popular? Well, that's because the mass media tell us so... The RFU have done a tremendous job in promoting what is a dull, tedius spectacle, into the glittering raz-mataz that it isn't. The inertia has built up over decades, and now is an unstoppable force.
What do we have to promote our game to the greater public ...? Ray B****y French, and similar joke presenters before him. Until we adopt a professional approach to marketing our wonderful game to the masses, we'll always be a 'comedy sport' in the eyes of most.
The RFL need to wake up and smell the coffee regarding marketing, and promotion.. to convice the country, nay the world, that RL is THE sport to watch and play....

I know... lets get Derren Brown is as RFL Chairman and head of media marketing a046.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1002No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tedglen "We all agree (well I hope that we do!) that RL is the finest spectator team sport in this country, if not the world. It certainly knocks kick and clap into a cocked hat. However why is Ra-Ra so popular? Well, that's because the mass media tell us so... The RFU have done a tremendous job in promoting what is a dull, tedius spectacle, into the glittering raz-mataz that it isn't. The inertia has built up over decades, and now is an unstoppable force.
What do we have to promote our game to the greater public ...? Ray B****y French, and similar joke presenters before him. Until we adopt a professional approach to marketing our wonderful game to the masses, we'll always be a 'comedy sport' in the eyes of most.
The RFL need to wake up and smell the coffee regarding marketing, and promotion.. to convice the country, nay the world, that RL is THE sport to watch and play....

I know... lets get Derren Brown is as RFL Chairman and head of media marketing Nothing will significantly improve with Wood in charge. Nobody half-talented would want that guy as their boss.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg
OBN Wannabe:10393.jpg

Quote: cadoo "Feck it, I'll say it; this sucks and I am completely disillusioned with our game.

We've had Jeff Lima move to South Sydney, Brett Finch and Thomas Leuluai opt to move to the NRL, we've got rumours of Gareth Hock leaving to the NRL, Harrison Hansen set to be poached by New Zealand Warriors, strong rumours of Lee Mossop going on a 'sabbatical' leave to the NRL. Coupled with the fact Union snapped up Joel Tomkins - a tremendous talent lost to the game - and inevitably we resign ourselves to losing our star player, our competition's flagship player Sam Tomkins to Union when we allow ourselves to bend over and let him speak to whoever the hell he wants next year. This flat out sucks.

Okay, critics will say Wigan have poached Blake Green and Scott Taylor from Hull KR, but just say that to yourself, Blake Green and Scott Taylor. Wigan's star signing next season is Blake Green. Without getting all the scapegoat, give him a chance, stop writing him off before he's kicked a ball spiel, I never imagined for a second we would see a halfback combination of Matty Smith and Blake Green at Wigan. All our best players appear to be leaving/left/retired without any like-for-like quality coming in. Sam Tomkins, George Carmont, Jeff Lima, Brett Finch, Thomas Leuluai, Gareth Hock, Harrison Hansen, Lee Mossop etc and who are we bringing in? Epalahame Lauaki, Anthony Gelling, Ben Flower, Gil Dudson, Scott Taylor, Matty Smith, Blake Green - it makes for horrible reading. Finally the RFL will have the even competition they've been looking for when we're on the same level as Wakefield, Salford, London and all them other rubbish little clubs.

What is the point in heavy investment in our youth setup, developing and nuturing these young RL players not just as a player but as men too, seeing them progress through our academy system, integrate them into the first team, establish themselves in the first team to eventually move up to England RL players to then see them as established players poached by Union or the NRL. And the only BS you hear in return is "well we got a substantial transfer fee" or "we'll develop another one" or "IMO -insert any young academy player- is going to be a better player anyway" - all ridiculous points to make. The transfer fee money is no use because we can't afford the salaries of a like-for-like replacement due to salary cap restraints i.e Blake Green (Brett Finch), Matty Smith (Thomas Leuluai), that young lad who people think will excel and replace the departed player will only end up being snapped again by the NRL/Union or might well just not be as good. I mean, will Wigan ever develop a player like Sam Tomkins in the next twenty years? Say the next ten years?

Yes this is a dummy spit and probably makes for a tremendous laugh for some of the trolls on here but that is sad in itself. The glee other supporters will get when the best players from our competition (Finch/Leuluai/Carmont/Lima - possibly Mossop/Hock/Hansen/Tomkins) are poached to another sport/competition and Super League, the product they are paying for, is worse off for it, but who cares as long as we can finally compete with Wigan.

There is some truth to this, and poaching by Union will be a problem as long as they are bankrolled by the Eton brigade and we're not. That said, I'm not as convinced as you that Sam Tomkins will leave.

But, some of the players you use are leading you to over-state the problem. Finch, Leuluai, Carmont and Lima are hardly Wigan youth products being sold on. They are players who have done varying stints here and are now heading home. Finch certainly, and probably Lima wouldn't have been in the UK in the first place if it hadn't been for salary cap issues down under/ Likewise Harrison Hansen will have some roots in NZ and will be looking to further his international prospects by moving to the Warriors.

Some of this is also an artefact of Wigan's recruitment policy, you bring in experienced Aussie half backs, they will go back to Aus in the not too distant future. Bringing in another Aussie-grown player to replace them isn't really addressing the issue.

To some extent you also become prisoner of your own success. When players have won trophies and played for England (thanks to the way the club is run) they will (justifiably) start to feel like they might be worth a bit more cash next time their contracts are renewed. Leeds have been having this problem for a while now. Even if you got rid of the salary cap, the need to keep the business solvent is going to limit how many players you can keep once they become stars. It is also probably true (debated point I know) that if you raise the cap to a level where only a few teams can pay it, you lose any chance of increasing the competitiveness of the league (which is an ongoing battle as it is) and that might well actually hurt the product, which would hurt Wigan's ability to pay big money. As a Leeds fan, I support one of the small group of teams who could gain by paying a higher salary bill, but I don't really want to see it happen.

Exchange rates are not in our favour. Plus there are other reasons people might fancy a year or two down under. It's probably a good thing for a young bloke to experience, the competition is a higher standard, the profile higher. Plus, the weather is warmer and not everyone shares my love of the British winter. So it needn't all be about the money. Rumours abounded at the time that Gaz Ellis took a pay cut to leave Leeds for Wests. I have no idea whether it was true.

For all this, while we have seen a few players move to Aus, I don't think that actually hurts the game, the mass exodus to Union continues to not happen, largely because expensive League converts have turned out not to be worth the investment more often than they have been massive successes (it's almost as if they're different games with different skill sets...). This is why the RFU have stopped paying for them. If somebody wants to find the huge cash to lure Sam Tomkins away from a club and sport where he seems very happy, it will have to be a club that funds it.

So, while I can see your point, I'm not sure I can share your disillusionment in the game when a lot of what you're concerned apart is the natural transition process that occurs when a successful side has a lot of players at an age when they're ready to move on.

When you're feeling underwhelmed by new signings, consider whether you were really excited when George Carmont signed? Turned out nice though didn't it?

RankPostsTeam
International Star8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Why would Tomkins leave at the end of next year he is supposed to have 5 year deal with 2012 2013 2014 where he cant talk to NRL or RU so how can he go at end of 2013 ? Wigan just need to tell him hes staying and he should stay simple as or he will need to walk out on his deal. Sam is probably the reason other players leave as theres not enough money on the cap to pay the likes of hock, hansen and mossop what there worth because he is on about £200,000 more than the next player.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Quote: El Diablo "There is some truth to this, and poaching by Union will be a problem as long as they are bankrolled by the Eton brigade and we're not. That said, I'm not as convinced as you that Sam Tomkins will leave.

But, some of the players you use are leading you to over-state the problem. Finch, Leuluai, Carmont and Lima are hardly Wigan youth products being sold on. They are players who have done varying stints here and are now heading home. Finch certainly, and probably Lima wouldn't have been in the UK in the first place if it hadn't been for salary cap issues down under/ Likewise Harrison Hansen will have some roots in NZ and will be looking to further his international prospects by moving to the Warriors.

Some of this is also an artefact of Wigan's recruitment policy, you bring in experienced Aussie half backs, they will go back to Aus in the not too distant future. Bringing in another Aussie-grown player to replace them isn't really addressing the issue.

To some extent you also become prisoner of your own success. When players have won trophies and played for England (thanks to the way the club is run) they will (justifiably) start to feel like they might be worth a bit more cash next time their contracts are renewed. Leeds have been having this problem for a while now. Even if you got rid of the salary cap, the need to keep the business solvent is going to limit how many players you can keep once they become stars. It is also probably true (debated point I know) that if you raise the cap to a level where only a few teams can pay it, you lose any chance of increasing the competitiveness of the league (which is an ongoing battle as it is) and that might well actually hurt the product, which would hurt Wigan's ability to pay big money. As a Leeds fan, I support one of the small group of teams who could gain by paying a higher salary bill, but I don't really want to see it happen.

Exchange rates are not in our favour. Plus there are other reasons people might fancy a year or two down under. It's probably a good thing for a young bloke to experience, the competition is a higher standard, the profile higher. Plus, the weather is warmer and not everyone shares my love of the British winter. So it needn't all be about the money. Rumours abounded at the time that Gaz Ellis took a pay cut to leave Leeds for Wests. I have no idea whether it was true.

For all this, while we have seen a few players move to Aus, I don't think that actually hurts the game, the mass exodus to Union continues to not happen, largely because expensive League converts have turned out not to be worth the investment more often than they have been massive successes (it's almost as if they're different games with different skill sets...). This is why the RFU have stopped paying for them. If somebody wants to find the huge cash to lure Sam Tomkins away from a club and sport where he seems very happy, it will have to be a club that funds it.

So, while I can see your point, I'm not sure I can share your disillusionment in the game when a lot of what you're concerned apart is the natural transition process that occurs when a successful side has a lot of players at an age when they're ready to move on.

When you're feeling underwhelmed by new signings, consider whether you were really excited when George Carmont signed? Turned out nice though didn't it?'"

If I had the time & the energy I would have attempted something similar as a response, well done.

427 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
427 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.18359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
FGB
7m
Film game
karetaker
8m
Best Semi
ratticusfinc
26m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
28m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
29m
Call for funds
Brew
Recent
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
Recent
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
1m
Film game
karetaker
1m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
2m
Man of Steel
matt_wire
2m
Squad 2024
faxcar
2m
Call for funds
Brew
2m
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
4m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
5m
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
6m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
ratticusfinc
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,890 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22