FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > Toulouse game.
212 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32321
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

My take on it and have not seen the game on Wigan t.v. yet but was the game.

First and foremost it was great weekend and so good to see many fans who we haven't seen for a long time due to covid, if you get a chance it's a must see place and certainly one we'd return to.

The game itself was strange, the way we started it looked we would win by 40 points, Harry Smith was kicking well, the chase was good and very few if any errors.
What changed I've not a clue but the things we'd been doing right we began to do wrong, penalties, errors, missed tackles etc. The first try we conceded I really need to see again as it looked to me as if Miski had been tackled in the air. We get back in the game after halftime and straight after scoring let the ball go dead from the kickoff!! Then Miski misjudged the 40:20 from which Toulouse score, schoolboy errors.
The match savior was Joe Shorrocks charge down of what would have been the winning drop goal, step up Harry Smith who whilst not having a great game was nowhere near IMO as bad as many are saying, and they probably weren't at the game.

I'll sit back and watch it again now and see if my opinions change.

Edit, remiss of not to congratulate Toulouse, they played well, should have won the game if they had controlled things in the last 15 minutes.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20256No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

As mentioned it's a clean slate for me for Smith, however he has probably earned less of a grace period than others under the new regime.

The main problem I have with him was last year from the friendly vs York he made certain poor errors and continued to make the same poor errors throughout the season, in particular kicking out on the full and poor passing accuracy.

I think it's probably very hard to judge him on other elements of his game such as taking the line on and directing the play around which again was poor but I will also put that down to the "Hastings Effect" given he was so dominant.

I've still yet to watch the game in full so can't comment on his performance against Toulouse I was simply going off hearing other comments abut it from those who were there (who would not influenced by any commentators).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9364
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13145_1273270974.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13145.jpg

Not a fan of the Wigan TV commentary. Bilko is fine but Joe Mills resembles one of those self-entitled fans who instantly overreacts and throws his toys out of the pram when something goes wrong. You wouldn't see the level of criticism he gives to the team/individuals from neutral commentators so not good to see it on Wigan TV.

NSW
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3956No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27542_1296773722.jpg
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!! Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27542.jpg

Quote: MadDogg "Not a fan of the Wigan TV commentary. Bilko is fine but Joe Mills resembles one of those self-entitled fans who instantly overreacts and throws his toys out of the pram when something goes wrong. You wouldn't see the level of criticism he gives to the team/individuals from neutral commentators so not good to see it on Wigan TV.'"

Bilko is excellent and analysis is spot on.

Joe’s normally okay but he does overreact a little bit to stuff. “TERRIBLE DEFENCE AGAIN” any time we concede.

Normally good though and I thank them both for doing it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29455
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

I think Joe Mills and Bilko do a good job. I really like Joe Mills passion and enthusiasm for the club and was just a little surprised how negative he sounded on Harry Smith after watching the game in full but it's understandable that some heat would come on one of your playmakers, when he's the main change from a team that has been going very well to date. The two guys did make a great point of how Cust had swapped sides to accommodate Smith coming in and how that had impacted on the whole side and Cust himself (who did not have his best game). I thought that point probably should have been focussed on a bit more than Harry Smith's individual performance. The main issue ultimately was the silly errors and some really poor individual defence and whilst we had some clunky attack at times in the game, us scoring 29 points in a game would've felt like Christmas last season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69704_1656949802.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69704.jpg

Quote: MadDogg "Not a fan of the Wigan TV commentary. Bilko is fine but Joe Mills resembles one of those self-entitled fans who instantly overreacts and throws his toys out of the pram when something goes wrong. You wouldn't see the level of criticism he gives to the team/individuals from neutral commentators so not good to see it on Wigan TV.'"

Agree. Bilko is excellent, Joe Mills is the absolute opposite.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2919
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Jukesays "Same applies to Miski

I too was watching the football in a pub with one ear to the Radio & at the time thought Misko had dropped 2 Howlers!!!!
On review that is far from the case (Even now I;ve seen people on the other site describing them as 2 x mistakes).
He lost 2 challenges, they weren't mistakes, and the first one in particular was very Dubious and could have been called a penalty with the 2nd one being anything other than a mistake, he may need to be better/stronger, but it wasn't a mistake or a howler. And in fact the tacking after the challenge is the real issue, walked through 3 tackles.

His worst contribution isn't even being talked about, it was the drop on the 1st/2nd tackle coming away from his line.

But again I agree it comes back to people following the Loudest voice, which in this instance due to it not being televised was Joe Mills (And Bilko).

I rang my mate after I had seen the 2 Toulouse Tries from kicks and he said the impression I gave him was completely different from what he heard on the radio - He watched the game Monday and rang me and said he agreed. Whilst Miski may be disappointed, they were anything but Howlers.

Again with a review of the whole game and Harry Smith in particular I was expecting a Horror show. Watched ,sot of the game last night, and whilst I would say we were anything but Good, we were more lethargic and Lax rather than Awful.

As you say - Ball in hand we were still pushing and trying to be expansive, we had good offloads, we just defensively didn't build a platform and compounded that with 6/7 poor errors from 20mins through to 60 mins ish.

I'm far from convinced about Smith, but the Barracking he gets on the other site in particular is disgraceful. It's the same with Powell (And on occasions Isa).
it's now become a case of certain fans having made their mind up and it's more important for them now to be proved right than it is to give honest reviews & appraisals of the players contributions.'"

Another night or different officials one or both of the tries involving Miski would have been chalked off.
His worst mistake if I viewed it properly was letting a kick go into touch resulting in a 40/20. Lack of concentration or low in confidence I’m not sure but hopefully he’ll learn and come back stronger but unless there are injuries I think some more time in the reserves awaits him.
Far from a great debut but you can’t write a lad off after one game.

Honestly don’t remember anyone being too highly critical of Smith on the night but he did have a mixed bag of a game. Although Toulouse threw it away and we weren’t at the races I was strangely confident that if Smith got a chance he would drop the goal. Unsure what to make of Smith but I’d like to think that there is decent player there. The vast majority of the team had an off night particularly after the first ten minutes so for me we haven’t seen Smith playing in a fully functional team since he’s made his debut.

As a fan I was more concerned and I am most weeks, about the teams collective performance rather than individual performances. I don’t think one player had a really good game so picking out individuals for me doesn’t really add to the debate. We were second best for the majority of the match and the second game in a row were our pack was second best.

At times without the the ball we were slow. Very slow. This for me more worrying than Smith giving out a couple of misjudged passes. I’m just hoping that we held something back on Saturday with the Catalan game coming up. I’m certainly hoping that our playing tempo is increased by several notches because if it isn’t it could be a long night. I’ve got a feeling that Saturday may have been a wake up call for the players and I genuinely anticipate a much stronger and faster showing against Catalan. Whether that’ll be enough we will have to wait and see.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7752
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Itchy Arsenal "Another night or different officials one or both of the tries involving Miski would have been chalked off.
His worst mistake if I viewed it properly was letting a kick go into touch resulting in a 40/20. Lack of concentration or low in confidence I’m not sure but hopefully he’ll learn and come back stronger but unless there are injuries I think some more time in the reserves awaits him.
Far from a great debut but you can’t write a lad off after one game.

Honestly don’t remember anyone being too highly critical of Smith on the night but he did have a mixed bag of a game. Although Toulouse threw it away and we weren’t at the races I was strangely confident that if Smith got a chance he would drop the goal. Unsure what to make of Smith but I’d like to think that there is decent player there. The vast majority of the team had an off night particularly after the first ten minutes so for me we haven’t seen Smith playing in a fully functional team since he’s made his debut.

As a fan I was more concerned and I am most weeks, about the teams collective performance rather than individual performances. I don’t think one player had a really good game so picking out individuals for me doesn’t really add to the debate. We were second best for the majority of the match and the second game in a row were our pack was second best.

At times without the the ball we were slow. Very slow. This for me more worrying than Smith giving out a couple of misjudged passes. I’m just hoping that we held something back on Saturday with the Catalan game coming up. I’m certainly hoping that our playing tempo is increased by several notches because if it isn’t it could be a long night. I’ve got a feeling that Saturday may have been a wake up call for the players and I genuinely anticipate a much stronger and faster showing against Catalan. Whether that’ll be enough we will have to wait and see.'"

I wasn't sure about the 40:20 and couldn't see if he was Lax in stopping it or if the kick was awkward/misjudged etc.
The Harry Smith & Miski criticism seems to have emanated from the commentary as 99% of people at that time couldn't view it for themselves, and thus the Myth perpetuates.

I don't & haven't listened to Joe Mills & Bilko a lot (no more than couple of times inc. Saturday) so not best placed to assess and my only observation is I think they're a good pair. Mills provides the enthusiasm and dynamic whilst Bilko does a good seconds job and comes in with good observations & statistical stuff
I would say that any commentator who is associated to their own club though needs to understand the situation a little differently than a professional commentator as a neutral say, in that they are viewing those players week in week out, serving their commentary in the main to one set of supporters and their Bias/observations etc. can magnify issues either favourably or negatively dependant on how the commentator views situations i.e. Last week you would think Miski & Smith were 99% responsible for that result - Yet other players escape criticism when for example it suits the commentator (Understandably) to magnify the plus points of players such as Field & Mago & KPP for example for entertainment purposes and in turn they escape criticism sometimes when they should get it.

I said at Weekend and have used this analogy before, we were in a similar position in Maguire's first season, winning 20 nil at Bradford and losing 22-20
At the time coming off I said to my mate who was fuming - The one positive was that the following week (Hull at Home - Who had a Very strong team with a Very Big & Strong pack) we would get an answer to a very important question.
Are we as good as we think we are? Was the Bradford game a Blip? or was the first 4 weeks of the season the Blip and we weren't as good as we thought we were.

Whilst I don't think this is exactly the same I get the same feeling
Were the first 3 weeks the Team/Us riding a bit of a Good feeling wave etc. and over hyping/exaggerating our abilities and chances?
Or, was it a blip and we got Lax, which in turn will give us the kick up the backside we need and remind us that we need to be 100% in regards to attitude and effort week in week out

Obviously I'm hoping it's the latter - But either way this is all part and parcel of the journey and what makes us intrigued by the sport
If the Recipe for success was stagnant and predictable there would be little to ponder over and discuss and everyone would be doing things the same way

Saturday was Peets/New Coaching structure & players first little Bump - How will they react?

Can't wait to go again Saturday and find out
Putting my neck on the block here - But last year I predicted a massive good hiding at Catalans as I could tell 7/7 or not we were woeful
This year I think the Effort/Structure/Coaching etc. is much improved and we'll give it a good go & win or lose (Which can always happen at Catalans even when they aren't as good a team as they are now)

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have to say while not having seen the full toulouse game one are we do need to improve on is our line speed in defence. We allow the opposition forwards to get on too much of a roll when we should be shutting them down before they get going as Saints do.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29455
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: Big Steve "I have to say while not having seen the full toulouse game one are we do need to improve on is our line speed in defence. We allow the opposition forwards to get on too much of a roll when we should be shutting them down before they get going as Saints do.'"

I’m torn on this. It’s something I’ve been sat thinking about at times this season and all roads lead back to thinking how we close that gap to Saints. Yes their line speed is unbelievable and I wonder if we can try and replicate that but I keep coming back to the same point- we will need beat them at that game when we play them. To play a game of us meeting fire with fire and flying off the line, we’ll have to accept it’s likely to be decided through the middle of the field and we’ll be using an awful lot of energy in doing that. Are we good enough to beat them through the middle? Not a chance IMO.

I’m not saying we can’t up it by the way but to replicate it, you need to go all in on it, week in, week out and accept that we’re unlikely to see sparkling attacking rugby (as Saints fans don’t). I think we just need to find our style, our identity and way of doing things and in fairness to Peet, I think he is trying to do that. It’s been a positive start but with plenty to work on. We can certainly put more energy in to defence but I’m just hoping it’s a time and place thing and when the time calls for it, we’ll see an uplift in intensity defensively. We’ll need to see it on Saturday and I think we will but we need a balance between good defensive intent and not getting sucked in to a forwards battle. Against Catalans and in particular Saints, we’re going to need to reserve plenty of energy for when we have the ball and try and run them and keep turning them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2919
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Jukesays "I wasn't sure about the 40

Hope you are right with the Bradford analogy.

During and after the game I was bitterly disappointed with the performance.
It was like being in a bad dream thinking that Lam was still head coach.

The day after I got to thinking what was good about the performance other than the start and the finish.
A bit of a struggle to be positive but then I thought we didn’t panic and we kept playing rugby. Not always great rugby but we didn’t fall back into one man rugby which I think we owe to the new coaching structure.

I do think that Field’s pace has covered over some cracks which for me is our lack of speed without the ball, slow ptb and I don’t think that squad is particularly well balanced with too many versatile players and not enough quality experts in several positions notably centres, wings and to a lesser degree the backrow. We still lack that top class prop (could be Mago but he’s got to step up much more for me on a regular basis to be even considered a very good prop) who can do long minutes.

What we have got is better structure and more self believe which if we sprinkle in sublime talent of Field, KPP and hopefully Mago we can give most teams a good game and a good base to build on.
I’m quietly confident of a big improvement against Catalan.

Agree with you re Bilko and Joe Mills. I think they compliment each other but Joe at times can go a bit ott.

I’ve got a feeling our intensity on Saturday will be several times higher than versus Toulouse.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4718No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51052_1304440802.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51052.jpg

add French to that also will add a bit of dynamic play hopefully

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach364No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35129_1270406263.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35129.jpg

I also think Havard with the solid work of Ellis and with Singleton, Smithies and Byrne improved will add a lot over the season once back into this team. Mago gives us that X factor impact into that equation. How good are we, well definitely better to watch than last season but with a few tests to pass. I think at season start we would all of took what we have seen as a huge positive.

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player1085
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: NickyKiss "I’m torn on this. It’s something I’ve been sat thinking about at times this season and all roads lead back to thinking how we close that gap to Saints. Yes their line speed is unbelievable and I wonder if we can try and replicate that but I keep coming back to the same point- we will need beat them at that game when we play them. To play a game of us meeting fire with fire and flying off the line, we’ll have to accept it’s likely to be decided through the middle of the field and we’ll be using an awful lot of energy in doing that. Are we good enough to beat them through the middle? Not a chance IMO.

I’m not saying we can’t up it by the way but to replicate it, you need to go all in on it, week in, week out and accept that we’re unlikely to see sparkling attacking rugby (as Saints fans don’t). I think we just need to find our style, our identity and way of doing things and in fairness to Peet, I think he is trying to do that. It’s been a positive start but with plenty to work on. We can certainly put more energy in to defence but I’m just hoping it’s a time and place thing and when the time calls for it, we’ll see an uplift in intensity defensively. We’ll need to see it on Saturday and I think we will but we need a balance between good defensive intent and not getting sucked in to a forwards battle. Against Catalans and in particular Saints, we’re going to need to reserve plenty of energy for when we have the ball and try and run them and keep turning them.'"

I don’t want to derail the thread so apologies. However not sure where you are getting this idea (again) of Saints fans not being happy with our attack?

42 points away from home last Friday, we looked sublime. Our left edge of Matuatia, Percival and Makinson looking superb. Dodd is showing his class week on week now too. Let’s not forget we have a brand new spine this season, our first choice left winger hasn’t played yet, we’ve had brand new centre/wing combinations on the right side most games and Makinson has played on the left rather than the right all season.

Wakefield is the only real game so far that we didn’t get going and stuttered a little. Not sure what more you want us to do? Have you seen our points difference?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29455
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: Stu M "I don’t want to derail the thread so apologies. However not sure where you are getting this idea (again) of Saints fans not being happy with our attack?

42 points away from home last Friday, we looked sublime. Our left edge of Matuatia, Percival and Makinson looking superb. Dodd is showing his class week on week now too. Let’s not forget we have a brand new spine this season, our first choice left winger hasn’t played yet, we’ve had brand new centre/wing combinations on the right side most games and Makinson has played on the left rather than the right all season.

Wakefield is the only real game so far that we didn’t get going and stuttered a little. Not sure what more you want us to do? Have you seen our points difference?'"

I’ll give you HKR, I didn’t see it, so can’t comment but I’ve seen your other three games and the attack functioned as a result of your defence. Grinding the opposition down and picking them off in their 20. It isn’t traditional attacking rugby (that Saints are famed for) by any stretch (maybe at HKR it was try’s from all over the field, 60,70,80 metres, I don’t know).

We’ve had great points differences in the past and been much the same in terms of a style of play. You score your points through your defence IMO and one or two individuals bring a bit of magic. In terms of my post, I’m saying for us to replicate that is pretty much impossible. Saints clearly put so much time and energy in to practicing that, as well as Woolf coming up with his ‘energy saving’ tactics.

212 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
212 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.19482421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Bradford
BigTime
6m
Cas
BigTime
10m
Lewis Murphy
jonh
21m
TV Games - Not Hull
Large Paws
26m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
27m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
51m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
The Biffs Ba
Recent
Shopping list for 2025
Jake the Peg
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Wakefield H
Bullseye
26s
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
27s
Odsal lease up for sale
Bull Mania
33s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Yellow G
36s
Damel Diakhate
Eastern Wild
49s
Round 17 Warrington Away
Loiner at la
52s
Toulouse game
REDWHITEANDB
1m
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Redscat
1m
TV games not Wire
lefty goldbl
1m
Squad 2024
Listenup94
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Warriors Extend League Lead with Derby Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Toulouse game
REDWHITEANDB
TODAY
Ashton extends contract
chris2925
TODAY
Damel Diakhate
Eastern Wild
TODAY
Sackings
SFW
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
TODAY
Watson toast
FIL
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Redscat
TODAY
Bradford
BigTime
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
Luppylad
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
BigTime
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
Loiner at la
TODAY
Saints h
moto748
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
christopher
TODAY
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
TODAY
Wakefield H
Bullseye
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,848 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
17:30
Catalans
v
Salford
 TOMORROW
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R15
Oldham
v
Crusaders
Workington
v
Rochdale
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
17:05
Manly
v
Newcastle
 Wed 17th Jul
     State of Origin 2023-R3
11:05
Queensland
v
New South Wales
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
17:30
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Fri 12th Jul
NRL 19 Cronulla58-6Wests
SL 17 LondonB20-34Castleford
WSL2024 8 WiganW12-16St.HelensW
SL 17 Wigan16-12St.Helens
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 16 443 182 261 28
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 17 441 186 255 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 17 280 455 -175 11
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 17 176 649 -473 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10