JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65656_1708941604.jpg
[size=95:2obtgspq]23 LEAGUE TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]21 CHALLENGE CUPS[/size:2obtgspq] [size=95:2obtgspq]5 WORLD TITLES[/size:2obtgspq] [b:2obtgspq][color=#FF0000:2obtgspq][size=100:2obtgspq]SAYS IT ALL REALLY[/size:2obtgspq][/color:2obtgspq][/b:2obtgspq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65656.jpg

I still can't see justification for Graham.

Graham is one of the senior guys in the England squad. Heck he was the England captain for the 4 nations in 2010! On top of that he's been a key figure in successful sides in both the NRL and SL. The guy knows the game and he also knows where the line is and when not to cross it!

Ask yourself this - if it was Lockers, Morley or Peacock who'd gone out would you have trusted their judgement to do so? Graham falls into that same category of player for me.

As a side note is this not his 1st real transgression aside from onfield incidents? Did it warrant such a severe punishment and one that also hurt the side so much?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15448
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: sergeant pepper "I still can't see justification for Graham.

Graham is one of the senior guys in the England squad. Heck he was the England captain for the 4 nations in 2010! On top of that he's been a key figure in successful sides in both the NRL and SL. The guy knows the game and he also knows where the line is and when not to cross it!

Ask yourself this - if it was Lockers, Morley or Peacock who'd gone out would you have trusted their judgement to do so? Graham falls into that same category of player for me.

As a side note is this not his 1st real transgression aside from onfield incidents? Did it warrant such a severe punishment and one that also hurt the side so much?'"

Only if you ignore what he's done at club level. If I was McNamara I'd have concerns about that attitude of a player who had a ban for doing cocaine, then later refused to train for his club, then later turned his back on a transfer which he had demanded. Not to mention manhandling a ref, and getting bans for eye gouging and fighting in major games.

If I was him and I still gave a chance to a player with that track record, then after we suffered the worst England defeat in god knows how long that player went on to ignore a drinking ban then not turn up for training the next day, I'd send him home as well. I'm not a fan of McNamara generally but he was in the right here IMO. I wonder how many players would happily not drink all year if it meant they could pull on the English jersey.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1979No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68548_1368547004.jpg
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try No hell below us, above us only pie"(John Ono Lennon born Wigan 1940):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68548.jpg

Quote: Cruncher "I've underlined the bits that suggest you are not a fit and proper person to comment on this thread and be taken seriously.

What the Aussies' bad boys do is their own business, but I'll tell you now, I bet none of them - including Bird - were so p*ssed a few days before this Test match that they were physically unable to get out of bed the next morning.

The mind boggles that you can actually belittle the British players who did everything in their power to be as ready for one of the most important games of their lives as they possibly could. That you can mock them for not getting slaughtered on the eve of a very, very important international competition. That you can call on the head coach to dispense with team discipline on the off-chance that one of his more wayward talents might unexpectedly deliver a performance (and not get sent off).

Are you on some kind of 'working class hero' kick? Are you another of these guys who fawn over the rebels among us, regardless of how much or how little they actually have to rebel against? Maybe you're one of those advisers Gareth has been relying on for the few years to ensure that his career ends up totally on the rocks?

Sorry, but your last two posts on this thread were pathetic and you should retract them straight away.'"

To answer your points individually -

He overslept by ten minutes. I'm not sure that you are correct about him being physically incapable of getting out of bed.

Nothing in my post was belittling of any player or their preparation, if it was then I apologise

As I said I personally don't drink, but I don't think having a drink after a game is such a bad thing, it was a whole week before the next game

I don't personally know Gareth Hock and I'm sure he wouldn't take my advice anyway. I would have advised him to toe the line. but that he went out with six others for a drink after the game doesn't in my view warrant being thrown off the team.

Unlike yourself I actually went to Cardiff to support the team and was disappointed that we didn't win. In my view James Graham, Gareth Hock and Mickey Mac would have given us the edge over that Aussie team.

Team discipline takes many forms. Treating grown men like children and banning them from having an after match drink is in my view silly. It was the indiscipline of Burgess, Ablett and Westwood that gave away the penalties that cost England the game. Hock is always slated for this and yet I don't think he is any worse than others.

I won't take your insults personally. I was offering a view counter to the prevailing view on the thread and may have exaggerated the point a little - which is that McNamara had plenty of time to prepare the best England team to win the game and he failed to do so. That is bad management. I used the Aussies as an example of how bad boys like Greg Bird seem to be welcomed into the team ethic provided they perform on the pitch, which at the end of the day is all that matters. Look at the score - England don't get extra points for their so-called 'disciplined' approach do they? Aussie still won.

And at the end of the tournament McNamara will be out of a job - and rightly so because if a National Team manager can't mange the players at his disposal then he fails. Which is totally different from managing a club. SW and IL were right to do what they did to Hock. Managing a national team is about winning a tournament over 5 weeks then they don't play for another year so yes, there has to be room for mavericks like Hock because they help to win games. Who are the Aussies more scared of? Read Terry Newton's book about the 2006 series if you are not sure.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Aboveusonlypie "Maybe they blindly follow the rules too - who knows. Personally I don't drink - but I prefer not to judge others who do - providing they can perform on the pitch (or in the office if you prefer)

Steve McNamara had a duty to put out the best England team. He's only had 4 years to prepare for this game. He failed. If anyone seriously thinks that Lee Mossop/the other Burgess is better than James Graham or that Brett Ferres/Ben Westwood is better than Gaz Hock then go ahead, be my guest. I went to the game on Saturday and it was so obvious that England wouldn't sustain their good start because the bench wasn't good enough. That is solely down to McNamara. He chose to leave out better players. And whilst we are at it Micky Mac should have been out there too because Widdop wasn't up to it (meaning that Sinfield was moved to hooker to accommodate him).

When you manage a team you have to find ways of managing all of your disparate resources - not just the ones who are good little boys.'"

Sorry, but if you think it's ok for professionals to behave in an unprofessional way we will have to agree to differ.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60495.jpg

Quote: Aboveusonlypie "To answer your points individually -

He overslept by ten minutes. I'm not sure that you are correct about him being physically incapable of getting out of bed.

Nothing in my post was belittling of any player or their preparation, if it was then I apologise

As I said I personally don't drink, but I don't think having a drink after a game is such a bad thing, it was a whole week before the next game

I don't personally know Gareth Hock and I'm sure he wouldn't take my advice anyway. I would have advised him to toe the line. but that he went out with six others for a drink after the game doesn't in my view warrant being thrown off the team.

Unlike yourself I actually went to Cardiff to support the team and was disappointed that we didn't win. In my view James Graham, Gareth Hock and Mickey Mac would have given us the edge over that Aussie team.

Team discipline takes many forms. Treating grown men like children and banning them from having an after match drink is in my view silly. It was the indiscipline of Burgess, Ablett and Westwood that gave away the penalties that cost England the game. Hock is always slated for this and yet I don't think he is any worse than others.

I won't take your insults personally. I was offering a view counter to the prevailing view on the thread and may have exaggerated the point a little - which is that McNamara had plenty of time to prepare the best England team to win the game and he failed to do so. That is bad management. I used the Aussies as an example of how bad boys like Greg Bird seem to be welcomed into the team ethic provided they perform on the pitch, which at the end of the day is all that matters. Look at the score - England don't get extra points for their so-called 'disciplined' approach do they? Aussie still won.

And at the end of the tournament McNamara will be out of a job - and rightly so because if a National Team manager can't mange the players at his disposal then he fails. Which is totally different from managing a club. SW and IL were right to do what they did to Hock. Managing a national team is about winning a tournament over 5 weeks then they don't play for another year so yes, there has to be room for mavericks like Hock because they help to win games. Who are the Aussies more scared of? Read Terry Newton's book about the 2006 series if you are not sure.'"

If you believe that you will believe anything. He missed the session and medical.

You should also study the effects of alcohol it can have effects longer than a week and when your'e aiming to be at 100 percent for the biggest game of your'e life all those 1 percents make the difference.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1979No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68548_1368547004.jpg
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try No hell below us, above us only pie"(John Ono Lennon born Wigan 1940):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68548.jpg

Quote: dubairl "

You should also study the effects of alcohol it can have effects longer than a week and when your'e aiming to be at 100 percent for the biggest game of your'e life all those 1 percents make the difference.'"

"Those 1 percents" only "make the difference" if the sides are EVENLY matched.

Add 1 per cent to Carl Ablett's optimum performance and you've still got rubbish.

Take 1 per cent from James Graham's optimum performance because he had a drink a week before the game and he's still good enough to - as you say "make the difference".

RankPostsTeam
International Star1979No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68548_1368547004.jpg

Quote: Euclid "Sorry, but if you think it's ok for professionals to behave in an unprofessional way we will have to agree to differ.'"

If you think it's ok to deliberately pick a sub standard team against Australia then we will also have to agree to differ. In an ideal world we would have dozens of players that are good enough to beat Australia. But we don't. You are an idealist, I am being realistic and pragmatic. Would I pick Hock if we had someone better? No - but we don't.

I think you are confusing club management with International management. When you are at a club, you can sometimes take a defeat with the eye on longer term planning. So you discipline players knowing that it benefits the club in the longer term. With International management you only get one chance - there is no longer term. Therefore you can't afford to make up rules that may be professional but are unrealistic and detrimental to team spirit.

I agree with the above poster who argued that James Graham is experienced enough to decide for himself how he prepares for a game, and as a former captain should be trusted. I think that Hock polarises opinion and whilst he may have acted unprofessionally the reaction from McNamara was contrary to what was required by England. As the game proved - we could have done with those players.

I'm afraid your arguments are facile. McNamara over reacted. It should have been kept in-house. Players were disciplined. The game was lost. And with it, England's chances of winning the tournament.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Aboveusonlypie "If you think it's ok to deliberately pick a sub standard team against Australia then we will also have to agree to differ. In an ideal world we would have dozens of players that are good enough to beat Australia. But we don't. You are an idealist, I am being realistic and pragmatic. Would I pick Hock if we had someone better? No - but we don't.
Well I tried to be civilised, but it didn't really work. I would be interested to know what team management experience you have? And how did you deal with anyone who wasn't complying with the rules, or didn't show the same commitment as their team members?

I think you are confusing club management with International management. When you are at a club, you can sometimes take a defeat with the eye on longer term planning. So you discipline players knowing that it benefits the club in the longer term. With International management you only get one chance - there is no longer term. Therefore you can't afford to make up rules that may be professional but are unrealistic and detrimental to team spirit.

I agree with the above poster who argued that James Graham is experienced enough to decide for himself how he prepares for a game, and as a former captain should be trusted. I think that Hock polarises opinion and whilst he may have acted unprofessionally the reaction from McNamara was contrary to what was required by England. As the game proved - we could have done with those players.

I'm afraid your arguments are facile. McNamara over reacted. It should have been kept in-house. Players were disciplined. The game was lost. And with it, England's chances of winning the tournament.'"

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg

Quote: Aboveusonlypie "If you think it's ok to deliberately pick a sub standard team against Australia then we will also have to agree to differ. In an ideal world we would have dozens of players that are good enough to beat Australia. But we don't. You are an idealist, I am being realistic and pragmatic. Would I pick Hock if we had someone better? No - but we don't.

I'm afraid your arguments are facile. McNamara over reacted. It should have been kept in-house. Players were disciplined. The game was lost. And with it, England's chances of winning the tournament.'"

You have a right to your'e opinion, but we have seen what team discipline does it makes average squads good and good squads champions. I would never want to revert back to pre Madge days at wigan and i am glad Mcmamara stood his ground and earned the respect of the players 'Ryan Hall'.

The coach sets the rules not former captains, he will be the one getting the blame not the players.

forgot to add, Picking players just because of their abilities but ignore the circumstances is for primary school not professional coaches. The only people in the wrong was the players not the coach, there big boys and can decided for them selves if they didn't agree with the rules they should of refused the invitation to the national squad.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1979No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68548_1368547004.jpg

Quote: dubairl "You have a right to your'e opinion, but we have seen what team discipline does it makes average squads good and good squads champions. I would never want to revert back to pre Madge days at wigan and i am glad Mcmamara stood his ground and earned the respect of the players 'Ryan Hall'.

The coach sets the rules not former captains, he will be the one getting the blame not the players.

forgot to add, Picking players just because of their abilities but ignore the circumstances is for primary school not professional coaches. The only people in the wrong was the players not the coach, there big boys and can decided for them selves if they didn't agree with the rules they should of refused the invitation to the national squad.'"

Where in my post was I arguing about Wigan??? I have made a clear distinction between managing club players and managing international squads.

And stop putting "your'e" - it's "your opinion"

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg

Quote: Aboveusonlypie "Where in my post was I arguing about Wigan??? I have made a clear distinction between managing club players and managing international squads.

And stop putting "your'e" - it's "your opinion"'"

it makes no difference if its international or club level, if anything its more important at international level to have strong discipline in the camp. your welcome.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Aboveusonlypie "If you think it's ok to deliberately pick a sub standard team against Australia then we will also have to agree to differ. In an ideal world we would have dozens of players that are good enough to beat Australia. But we don't. You are an idealist, I am being realistic and pragmatic. Would I pick Hock if we had someone better? No - but we don't.'"

This comment set me thinking about how we approach Internationals generally compared to the Aussies. To me the Aussies will do anything to win. They will try and get the game played with an Aussie ref with rules interpreted their way and the last thing they would do is drop one of their best players even though they have plenty of alternatives.

We on the other had always seem to do the "right thing" when we have not got the luxury they have. For as long as I can remember we have had roughly just about enough players to form a team good enough to give us a chance but sending Hock home isn't the first time we have reduced that small number even further.

I remember years ago Joe Lydon and Des Drummond missed a tour down under because they got into a scrap at Central Park during a game that spilled over the barrier into the crowd. I can't remember if there was any more to it than that but they were kicked out of the tour squad.

I was flabbergasted. They were key players who we could not afford to leave out and I am certain the Aussies would not have done the same thing. We lost as usual. I am sure there have been other occasions were for some reason our best squad has been reduced by our own management but I just can't remember them at the moment.

As to Hock, well in my opinion had any other player done as he did I reckon that player would still be in the squad and if I am right on that score McNamara has punished Hock based on Hock's reputation not just on what he did in the England camp. If so that is wrong but either way I reckon if he was an Aussie not only would he still be in the squad but he'd have probably played in the game as well.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1522No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60422_1310296726.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60422.jpg

I totally agree with you Dave and that Aussie desire to win is ugly. Ive been to way too many international matches were the aussies refs give us nothing and then compare those to the Morley red card by Ganson. I will never part with another penny of my money to watch another international match Ive had 25 years of hurt.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: DaveO "This comment set me thinking about how we approach Internationals generally compared to the Aussies. To me the Aussies will do anything to win. They will try and get the game played with an Aussie ref with rules interpreted their way and the last thing they would do is drop one of their best players even though they have plenty of alternatives.

We on the other had always seem to do the "right thing" when we have not got the luxury they have. For as long as I can remember we have had roughly just about enough players to form a team good enough to give us a chance but sending Hock home isn't the first time we have reduced that small number even further.

I remember years ago Joe Lydon and Des Drummond missed a tour down under because they got into a scrap at Central Park during a game that spilled over the barrier into the crowd. I can't remember if there was any more to it than that but they were kicked out of the tour squad.

I was flabbergasted. They were key players who we could not afford to leave out and I am certain the Aussies would not have done the same thing. We lost as usual. I am sure there have been other occasions were for some reason our best squad has been reduced by our own management but I just can't remember them at the moment.

As to Hock, well in my opinion had any other player done as he did I reckon that player would still be in the squad and if I am right on that score McNamara has punished Hock based on Hock's reputation not just on what he did in the England camp. If so that is wrong but either way I reckon if he was an Aussie not only would he still be in the squad but he'd have probably played in the game as well.'"

I agree with pretty much everything you say about the Aussie s and have banged on for 20 year as about giving them nothing when they come here as that's what we get from them.
With regards to Lydon Etc. I'm pretty sure their were other mitigating factors and I believe iirc that there were court cases involved.

However, with regards to hock and if any other player had done the same I disagree.
There are lots of assumptions in your post re hock so I'll go off what I've been told and if that is true the camps well shut.
There were lots of rumours when he left wigan and some posters tried to have the rest of us believe he was mainly the innocent party and the other players would soon walk out and follow him. That was way off the mark and nothings changed imo with this scenario to make me believe that hocks positives would outweigh the total negatives he brings to the team environment.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

. Double post

181 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
181 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.9208984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Sir Gregory
14m
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
19m
Film game
karetaker
19m
Championship Awards
FIL
26m
Rumours thread
Wollo-Wollo-
28m
Leigh it is
Jason65
46m
TV Games - Not Hull
The Cooke Re
60m
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
Recent
Decision on the field
Trainman
Recent
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Awards
FIL
55s
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
56s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
1m
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
1m
Betting 2024
karetaker
1m
Leigh it is
Jason65
1m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Vancouver Le
2m
2025 membership/renewals
The Dentist
3m
Decision on the field
Trainman
5m
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Decision on the field
Trainman
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
just_browny
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Listenup94
TODAY
Sam Burgess
Boss Hog
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Vancouver Le
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M +13,388 ↓-7080,13114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
York
v
Widnes
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22