Tautai
Flower
Clubb
Marshall
Sammut
Sarginson
Powell
Navarette

And let's all just face it the academy doesn't churn out players like the Farrell's, O'Loughlin, Tomkins' anymore.

Most of the academy players to come through in last few years are sub standard and will never be top class internationals

Paisley
Woods
Marshall
Partington
Byrne
Shorrocks
Mullen
Wells
Ganson
Forsyth
Field
Barnes

Plus then we have the regular crocks

O'Loughlin
Farrell
Manfredi

Plus now today Leuluai went of injured as did Shorrocks and Davies

No coach would be able to stand the amount of injuries we have and then the fundamental cock ups by players like Hamlin and Mullen rub more salt in the wounds

From top to bottom the club needs an overhaul

I don't think Lam is the right man based on what we have seen but he got a chance and has been massively hampered!!

Lenngan needs to pull his finger out and ditch Radlinski because he is neither use nor ornament and some proper investment needs making and star players from a number of years gone by need replacing.

Moan over

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2088
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: WARRIOR5 "The fitness is probably down to losing Bitcon which is showing to be worse than any decision to let a player go.'"

He's only been gone a few months so chances are the club will be doing exactly the same things as when he was here. It's not like he had magic potions and we're now desperately searching for a way to recreate his magic formula because everyone has suddenly gone from well conditioned athlete to severely unfit in a matter of weeks.

Paul Johnson as a strength and conditioning coach was working under Mark Bitcon (who was Head of Performance) for a while. Chances are he will be doing the same things as he was under Bitcon and any adverse effects of losing Bitcon will probably be longer term if the club don't keep up with advances in sports science. I would imagine that currently the club is using the same practices as before.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain443
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76097_1531391567.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76097.jpg

Lammy will not be sacked, in fact I believe the plan is to give him a three year deal middle of next week...

Now, you can look at that two ways, either Lammy is complicit in the IL masterplan of cost-cutting and is happy to see his managerial career be shattered for good or the future is a lot brighter than we all presume...I am with the latter.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51052_1304440802.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51052.jpg

Quote: Cherry.Pie "He's only been gone a few months so chances are the club will be doing exactly the same things as when he was here. It's not like he had magic potions and we're now desperately searching for a way to recreate his magic formula because everyone has suddenly gone from well conditioned athlete to severely unfit in a matter of weeks.

Paul Johnson as a strength and conditioning coach was working under Mark Bitcon (who was Head of Performance) for a while. Chances are he will be doing the same things as he was under Bitcon and any adverse effects of losing Bitcon will probably be longer term if the club don't keep up with advances in sports science. I would imagine that currently the club is using the same practices as before.'"

So has wane, been a massive change in playing style

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13936
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30366_1604259384.jpg
[color=#000000:3fno8grb]Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing. [/color:3fno8grb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30366.jpg

Quote: bazdev "Adrian Lam is not to blame, the recruitment and the cost cutting is. There was plenty of effort today but we were just playing a better side. We lost 2 of our biggest competitors in Tomkins and Bateman and that hunger is really hard to replicate. I dont even think Wane would make much difference.

This year should be consolidation make sure we dont finish bottom and then allow Lam to construct a squad of players he wants and can work with. I have no doubts that Adrian Lam will be a good coach, but he took on a job that was a no win situation. Now Edwards has shown his true colours we should back him. Panic sacking your coach every year you struggle isnt the answer'"

You've said nothing unreasonable there.

However a "consolidation year" is a poor return and not great for our dwindling number of season ticket holders.

I do believe Wane would make a difference. I sincerely mean that. He has a proven pedigree of getting the best out of what he has been given (injuries included) to great success. I do think short term he would make a difference.

That being said, you are right. Fundamentally our recruitment has been our biggest hindrance and the reason we find ourselves in this current perilous predicament. We have lost two fierce competitors in Sam Tomkins and John Bateman (who both incidentally are killing it at their present clubs). Their absence is hitting us hard.

I am curious how you have "no doubt" Lam is a good coach. What evidence have you seen to warrant this level of faith?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13936
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30366_1604259384.jpg
[color=#000000:3fno8grb]Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing. [/color:3fno8grb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30366.jpg

Quote: Salty "I understand people wanting to bring Wane back but my view is different. After watching Wigan for 60 years and so obviously I’ve seen many ups and a few downs. I can take these downs because I know that in a couple of years time we’ll have improved out of sight and maybe Saints will be struggling.
However, I watch Wigan to be entertained and therefore I don’t want Wane back. He’s a coach who knows how to win but winning at the expense of entertainment is not for me. I’ve only been bored at Wigan matches when Noble and Wane have been in charge.
Strangely, I’ve enjoyed watching Wigan this season. We’ve only won three games but I’ve seen some magnificent tries scored by Wigan. Injuries plus a few players who aren’t Wigan standard have been the reason for the losses.
I don’t thing Lam should be judged on results alone.'"

Good post.

I was in the camp of Wane needing to move on due to the boredom at the RL played. I will openly confess my sin of not renewing a season ticket partly due to this. However he did bring success and that cannot be overlooked. Was the Shaun Wane of playing purely down to the substandard recruitment we've made and he had to play a certain conservative style to win? Speculative and largely irrelevant now.

To pick up on your final point, I'm not so sure. I cant say I have seen a great deal of difference in our style of play. It still looks very familiar to me. What "magnificent tries" are you referring to? Either way, one thing we can all surely agree on is our defence has gone backwards. Significantly backwards and that is definitely not entertaining to see. Seeing David Fafita tearing us apart running down the wing took the proverbial biscuit.

Injuries and players who aren't Wigan standard have played their part - I agree. However - did that ever stop Shaun Wane getting results?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1227
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: WARRIOR5 "The fitness is probably down to losing Bitcon which is showing to be worse than any decision to let a player go.'"

Yup,week by week that loss is ever more glaring

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2651No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons5b08_files/4206-1575glibber-msnicons.jpg
:icons5b08_files/4206-1575glibber-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Pieman "weve just be stuffed by Saints and youve been entertained?....youdve that happen than win 4-2 in an arm wrestle of a game? seriously??'"

I love Wigan winning but a 4-2 arm wrestle. No thanks. I’ve not always thought like this but in the past few years I’ve become bored but I’ve kept on watching, hoping Wigan will be more entertaining.
I understand fans who want to win at all costs but it’s not for me.
We won the Grand Final a few times recently but we’ve lost about 4,000 fans, two of my friends included. They’d had enough of boring rugby.
We scored a try from a scrum at Wakefield.
When Wane was in charge, at a scrum our scrum half passed to a forward standing in the stand-off position who drove the ball in.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51052_1304440802.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51052.jpg

Quote: Salty "I love Wigan winning but a 4-2 arm wrestle. No thanks. I’ve not always thought like this but in the past few years I’ve become bored but I’ve kept on watching, hoping Wigan will be more entertaining.
We won the Grand Final a few times recently but we’ve lost about 4,000 fans, two of my friends included. They’d had enough of boring rugby.
When Wane was in charge, at a scrum our scrum half passed to a forward standing in the stand-off position who drove the ball in.'"

They’ve lost fans every year under IL even when we played good stuff under Madge, if you’d rather lose like that today than win a close arm wrestle then fair enough...we won plenty of games like that in the 80’s and 90’s too

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20333_1393344959.gif
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid. Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal. Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20333.gif

Fitness is a massive issue, though he’s a cracking player and is doing well I think Zak Hardaker is a stone overweight.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20333_1393344959.gif
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid. Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal. Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20333.gif

Quote: Salty "I love Wigan winning but a 4-2 arm wrestle. No thanks. I’ve not always thought like this but in the past few years I’ve become bored but I’ve kept on watching, hoping Wigan will be more entertaining.
When Wane was in charge, at a scrum our scrum half passed to a forward standing in the stand-off position who drove the ball in.'"

Under Wane there was no such thing as an offload, a chip over the top and it was rugby by numbers. It was like Soviet style dull grey rugby.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner867No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: cadoo "You've said nothing unreasonable there.

However a "consolidation year" is a poor return and not great for our dwindling number of season ticket holders.

I do believe Wane would make a difference. I sincerely mean that. He has a proven pedigree of getting the best out of what he has been given (injuries included) to great success. I do think short term he would make a difference.

That being said, you are right. Fundamentally our recruitment has been our biggest hindrance and the reason we find ourselves in this current perilous predicament. We have lost two fierce competitors in Sam Tomkins and John Bateman (who both incidentally are killing it at their present clubs). Their absence is hitting us hard.

I am curious how you have "no doubt" Lam is a good coach. What evidence have you seen to warrant this level of faith?'"

To be honest I've heard from someone close to the squad how much the players like his ideas and they think he can take us to the next level. Now obviously that hasn't materialised yet, but you cant expect miracles with the injuries we have had this season. Saints have used 23 players all season, how many have we? Id guess closer to 40. How can we expect any continuity changing tons of changes each week.

That being said, I dont think a full strength this side would be top 4 so I am willing to give him time to get it right. I would definitely give him the whole of this season and next but maybe Lenagan will opt for change. Who knows.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32342
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: bazdev "To be honest I've heard from someone close to the squad how much the players like his ideas and they think he can take us to the next level. Now obviously that hasn't materialised yet, but you cant expect miracles with the injuries we have had this season. Saints have used 23 players all season, how many have we? Id guess closer to 40. How can we expect any continuity changing tons of changes each week.

That being said, I dont think a full strength this side would be top 4 so I am willing to give him time to get it right. I would definitely give him the whole of this season and next but maybe Lenagan will opt for change. Who knows.'"

I think it's closer to thirty but got told today that there maybe two or three more on Monday.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain571No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: cadoo "Good post.

I was in the camp of Wane needing to move on due to the boredom at the RL played. I will openly confess my sin of not renewing a season ticket partly due to this. However he did bring success and that cannot be overlooked. Was the Shaun Wane of playing purely down to the substandard recruitment we've made and he had to play a certain conservative style to win? Speculative and largely irrelevant now.

To pick up on your final point, I'm not so sure. I cant say I have seen a great deal of difference in our style of play. It still looks very familiar to me. What "magnificent tries" are you referring to? Either way, one thing we can all surely agree on is our defence has gone backwards. Significantly backwards and that is definitely not entertaining to see. Seeing David Fafita tearing us apart running down the wing took the proverbial biscuit.

Injuries and players who aren't Wigan standard have played their part - I agree. However - did that ever stop Shaun Wane getting results?'"

With out debating any of your points. I ask you one question, will you be renewing your ticket after the change of coach now boting waney has gone???

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain571No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Are your friends happier now??????

115 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
115 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.13134765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Dunkirk Spir
6m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
8m