JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "Not sure on your point here, perhaps I've misunderstood.

Leeds only develop their own? They've had a good mix of their own talent and signings... they've got the mix right for the most part.'"

And from the current Leeds team how many of their academy produced players would you have at Wigan?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15440
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: Last Son of Wigan "Not sure on your point here, perhaps I've misunderstood.

Leeds only develop their own? They've had a good mix of their own talent and signings... they've got the mix right for the most part.'"

Who said Leeds only develop their own? Not me.

Leeds relied largely on home grown stars - Watkins, Hall, Maguire, Burrow, Peacock, Diskin, JJB, Ablett and Sinfield. The key to their success was not the sort of big name signings people are calling for, other than Peacock. They stayed together consistently winning trophies even though the sport went through massive changes in terms of our relative spending power compared with the NRL.

Bradford was more like 50/50 between big name signings and home grown players, the sort of strategy more of our fans would prefer I think. That worked in the early to mid 00s, but it meant the players didn't stick round as long, and ultimately couldn't be adequately replaced once they could no longer attract the same calibre of big names from the NRL. Now they're getting excited about their big derby is against Keighley this weekend, whilst Leeds are still a decent bet to win the Grand Final or Challenge Cup.

I hope that adequately demonstrates the point I'm trying to make. IMO unless the salary cap gets increased (which I really think it should, but don't think self interested chairman are really pushing for), the strategy needs to be primarily to rely on home grown talent and cheaper more speculative signings like Gelling, Flower and Hamlin. Telling players they won't be welcome back when they leave would just be helping our rivals, just make that decision when the opportunity arises rather than automatically bringing them back.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15211No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Grimmy "Who said Leeds only develop their own? Not me.

Leeds relied largely on home grown stars - Watkins, Hall, Maguire, Burrow, Peacock, Diskin, JJB, Ablett and Sinfield. The key to their success was not the sort of big name signings people are calling for, other than Peacock. They stayed together consistently winning trophies even though the sport went through massive changes in terms of our relative spending power compared with the NRL.

Bradford was more like 50/50 between big name signings and home grown players, the sort of strategy more of our fans would prefer I think. That worked in the early to mid 00s, but it meant the players didn't stick round as long, and ultimately couldn't be adequately replaced once they could no longer attract the same calibre of big names from the NRL. Now they're getting excited about their big derby is against Keighley this weekend, whilst Leeds are still a decent bet to win the Grand Final or Challenge Cup.

I hope that adequately demonstrates the point I'm trying to make. IMO unless the salary cap gets increased (which I really think it should, but don't think self interested chairman are really pushing for), the strategy needs to be primarily to rely on home grown talent and cheaper more speculative signings like Gelling, Flower and Hamlin. Telling players they won't be welcome back when they leave would just be helping our rivals, just make that decision when the opportunity arises rather than automatically bringing them back.'"

It really is an area we have to be careful with.

It's not so much about telling them they won't be welcome back. It just shouldn't be built into contracts that, if they are released early to go to Aus, they MUST come back to us when it all goes wrong.

That was supposed to protect Wigan's investment in these starlets, but it's actually a very good arrangement for the players - nearly all of whom have blown it Down Under (or in RU) and have then automatically resumed their careers at a top SL club (even though no returnee has shown anything like the form that got him poached in the first place).

It's a real safety net for them, which is, I fear, creating a very complacent attitude towards the club and the fans. Budgie blew it spectacularly in Aus, came back to Wigan, did nothing, and now, only a year later, is allegedly talking about going down there again. Someone's kidding someone here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15440
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: Cruncher "It really is an area we have to be careful with.

It's not so much about telling them they won't be welcome back. It just shouldn't be built into contracts that, if they are released early to go to Aus, they MUST come back to us when it all goes wrong.

That was supposed to protect Wigan's investment in these starlets, but it's actually a very good arrangement for the players - nearly all of whom have blown it Down Under (or in RU) and have then automatically resumed their careers at a top SL club (even though no returnee has shown anything like the form that got him poached in the first place).

It's a real safety net for them, which is, I fear, creating a very complacent attitude towards the club and the fans. Budgie blew it spectacularly in Aus, came back to Wigan, did nothing, and now, only a year later, is allegedly talking about going down there again. Someone's kidding someone here.'"

I may be wrong, but isn't it 'right of first refusal' rather than an obligation for us to take them? Otherwise surely we could inadvertently end up over the salary cap. Out of interest, were you against the signings at the time, or in hindsight? Personally, the only one I didn't agree with at the time was Mossop, because of his injury record.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15211No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Grimmy "I may be wrong, but isn't it 'right of first refusal' rather than an obligation for us to take them? Otherwise surely we could inadvertently end up over the salary cap. Out of interest, were you against the signings at the time, or in hindsight? Personally, the only one I didn't agree with at the time was Mossop, because of his injury record.'"

I doubt there's an obligation there, but it must give them an extra feeling of security knowing that the door at Wigan is being kept half-open for them. And as none, to my knowledge - with the
alleged exception of Charnley (because we already have lots of wingers) - been told that we won't take them back, that feeling of security would appear to be well-justified.

Was I happy at the time when we re-signed these guys?

I was indifferent to Mossop coming back because I never thought he was worth a place in the NRL anyway. I felt the same about Sarge - if it hadn't been for Gelling, I doubt we'd even have looked at him. I admit that I had high hopes for Sam and Joel because they were so good when they left. I would never have expected them to be as disappointing as they've been. And who wouldn't have wanted Budge back after the form he was showing when he went?

Whenever our star names underperform in Australia, I always wonder how bad they actually are ... or is just that an Aussie press who took it as a personal insult that Leon Pryce didn't like Bondai Beach are never going to be the fairest yardstick when it comes to Brits? So it's not always been a certainty that this so-called poor form will continue once the players in question get back here. But we've now been stung several times. I'd hope that we'll be very, very wary the next time.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

I think the threads drifted slightly and away from what I was getting at.
What happens to the players at say 22/23/24 when they may want to move elsewhere and if we should resign them etc if they do eventually want to come back is a slightly different point.

Originally I was trying to get at the investment in youth that the club seems to make on many various levels from the scouting, education of, background medical care and other stuff that goes unnoticed along with the attitude the club has over the last 10years or so of paying players their worth at all levels up to and including their first senior contracts and then if they progress paying them accordingly. (Steve hand in said his lad came to Wigan as they look after an better than anyone else, and not just in a money way).
That long term view has definitely brought a lot of success bringing players through and that is the comparison o as making with the Wire thread that short termism and getting excited over 3/4 supposed big names and paying them big no ey seems to be coming at the cost of the youth and it's development.

Now on what happens on the relevant merits of those players maybe wanting to move on, whether we make it easy for them or whether we should sign them back is a slightly different debate imo
However I do feel that on that part a lot of players are getting slightly unjustifiable criticised because of fans frustrations and not necessarily their contributions in some instances.
Tomkins- injuries have affected his contribution and I think this marquee tag is used as an unfair stick (he's had a really good start imo to the season)
Budgie - I think he was ok last year and very good early on until injury amd positional shift forced on us let to am average back end. Marshall.comimg through has put a lot more pressure on but looking at last Friday when I thought he was very good he is still a tremendous player.
Williams - ditto sam regarding the marquee tag. However I still would reckon every club in the league would have signed him this time last year and rightly so. Id hazard a guess that every club in the league would probably still do so.
Gildart - makes a couple of errors (he's 21/22 for crying out loud so what so we expect) and makes a comment that imo is nowhere near as bad as people are making out and some fans imo then try and overstate how poor he's been to get back at the comments.

Back on track
My point is that all the above and almost countless others are testament to what a great system/job the club is doing. I just think it's very easy to clammer for 3/4 Big name signings and forget that if we follow that path it may come at a cost.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7438No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The Wigan academy has been the envy of all SL clubs for a long time. You’ll struggle to find many teams in the pro ranks without a former Wigan academy player such is the quality and the sheer numbers we’ve had going through it.

Are we over critical? Perhaps. Probably because we’ve seen the quality Gildart, Tomkins, Farrell and Williams can produce and when tha quality isn’t shown we probably are over critical. Having said that when they’re on the “big money” they are, that wage has to be justified through solid consistent performances.

I think the days of quality big money signings are numbered and more and more SL clubs are going to start pumping money in to their academies. That isn’t to say we shouldn’t be looking at quality signings but our vision should be firmly on the local talent coming through as well as broadening our horizons to different countries for that young raw talent.

RankPostsTeam
International Star676
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Our production line of youth players is something to be proud of. The league is full of ex-Wigan developed players who have either spent time playing for us, or were shipped off and blossomed elsewhere.

Where I have a problem is that other clubs regularly benefit from our academy. For home-grown players under a certain age there should be some form of compensation when a 22 year old who has been with the club for 10 years, goes elsewhere after his first professional contract expires.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7438No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There ought to be league wide incentives to clubs for producing their own talent.

There’s only a few clubs in SL who actually care about producing talent. The rest drag their knuckles behind sulking. This HAS to change and the model set not just by us but by the other clubs committed to talent development must be adapted for each club.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4685
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73327_1685730441.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73327.jpg

Fully agree. Opposing fans may bleat, but without Wigan, the sport in this country would be in a vastly poorer place. And sure, we are not the only club doing it. But everyone should have to get on board. If for no other reason, the lack of money in the game, and the financial clout of the NRL, make it the only plausible way forward.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7438No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: muttywhitedog "Our production line of youth players is something to be proud of. The league is full of ex-Wigan developed players who have either spent time playing for us, or were shipped off and blossomed elsewhere.

Where I have a problem is that other clubs regularly benefit from our academy. For home-grown players under a certain age there should be some form of compensation when a 22 year old who has been with the club for 10 years, goes elsewhere after his first professional contract expires.'"

I may have misunderstood your post but are you suggesting that if Salford/Widnes sign an academy player after release from Wigan/Leeds/Saints they must then pay compensation to the original club? If so I do not see how that would benefit anyone.

Other clubs regularly benefit from Leeds/Saints academies as well, let’s not just pretend we’re the only club with a decent set up here. The bar that has been set between Wigan, Leeds and Saints must IMHO be met by all SL clubs. We are seeing some clubs bring through some promising talent but we need this to be widespread to really put English RL on top.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8112No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Agree that all SL clubs should try to emulate us Leeds and Saints when it comes to having an academy.

This is why I've suggested for a while now that all SL clubs should have a "Club Trained" quota in their match day squad.
First I'd have a squad at 19 for each game. I just don't see the point of naming 19 two days prior to the game the reducing to 17. 19 have trained all week and would give more players game time.
At what figure would the Club Trained quota be, is the difficult one. I'd go for at least 6 out of 17. That would be a challenge for some club as they don't have the set up in place. Perhaps a couple of year's notice then come in at 4 a game then increase each year.
I know this would be difficult for a club like Salford who are within eye sight of Old Trafford. Getting kids to play RL must be very hard work when Man U are the local team.

I think a "Club Trained" quota would help all of us in the game appreciate our academy players more.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4685
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73327_1685730441.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73327.jpg

Club trained is a nice idea, but I don't think I'd be in favour of more substitutes (if that's what you're suggesting). After all, a lot of people are saying we have too many as it is!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

'There's only one code of rugby.':

A big issue is that the quality of young players in Aus is so much higher than in SL. And that gap will only get bigger as young players in the UK currently suffer because of the lack of any meaningful reserve comp. How do we expect them to develop when they're not given enough time to? It's an absolute joke. Quite a few of their reserve grade teams in Oz could give SL teams a real run for their money, so young British players going out there really have to be of the highest quality or they'll get found and find themselves rotting in the reserves.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32319
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: Madderzahatter "A big issue is that the quality of young players in Aus is so much higher than in SL. And that gap will only get bigger as young players in the UK currently suffer because of the lack of any meaningful reserve comp. How do we expect them to develop when they're not given enough time to? It's an absolute joke. Quite a few of their reserve grade teams in Oz could give SL teams a real run for their money, so young British players going out there really have to be of the highest quality or they'll get found and find themselves rotting in the reserves.'"

There's something really wrong there though. We can normally match or beat Aus at academy level. Saints do well when they go down there with their U16's team (a great initiative).
However our lack of reserve grade rugby doesn't IMO allow our kids to develop. U16's to U19's is too big a step as is U19's to first team.

53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.60791015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Marcus's Bic
9m
IMG scores
homme vaste
12m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
14m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
15m
Shopping list for 2025
DSJ1983
25m
Squad 2024
Listenup94
28m
Halifax v Whitehaven
Brew
42m
New halfback signing
Bully_Boxer
54m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Home
Mr Snoodle
55m
Murphy on his way then
financialtim
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
IMG scores
homme vaste
1m
WHO IS NEXT
Manheim
1m
Best Wigan Tour Team
Cherry_Warri
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
RobRiches
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
2m
Rumours thread
PopTart
2m
Lee Briers
Mr Snoodle
2m
Murphy on his way then
financialtim
3m
Mr Snoodle
3m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
Victor
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Start@1873
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Best Wigan Tour Team
Cherry_Warri
TODAY
Josh Bowden
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squad for Giants
ninearches
TODAY
Leigh h
Zig
TODAY
Meadows
Torbreck
TODAY
July games
financialtim
TODAY
Salford - Away
RockNRolla
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse - Saturday 10 August 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Toulouse A
Bull Mania
TODAY
IMG scores
homme vaste
TODAY
Nathan Mason
MicktheGled
TODAY
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
Half Time Report
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Dewsbury v Dons Sunday 7/7/24 3pm
Kick and cha
TODAY
Our next 2 meetings
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Lee Briers
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Register Thirteenth Win Of The Season With Victory Over Barrow
RLFANS News
TODAY
Academy Origin
B0NES
TODAY
Catalan Away
B0NES
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
Hull FC Get Second Win By Beat..
Super Salford First Half Slays..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,005 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
10:50
Parramatta
v
Souths
 TOMORROW
09:00
Cronulla
v
Gold Coast
11:00
Brisbane
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R14
19:30
Sheffield
v
Halifax
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
20:00
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Huddersfield
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sat 6th Jul
06:00
Canterbury
v
NZ Warriors
08:30
Wests
v
Melbourne
10:35
NQL Cowboys
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:30
LeedsW
v
St.HelensW
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
15:00
Leeds
v
LondonB
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R14
18:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 7th Jul
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 5th Jul
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Huddersfield
SL
Wigan-Leigh
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds-LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
L1 13 Oldham30-6Hunslet
L1 13 Workington18-37Keighley
NRL 17 St.George26-6Dolphins
NRL 17 Penrith6-16NQL Cowboys
NRL 17 Sydney40-6Wests
Sat 29th Jun
CH 13 Toulouse20-0Featherstone
CH 13 Doncaster18-8Swinton
NRL 17 NZ Warriors32-16Brisbane
NRL 17 Newcastle34-26Parramatta
NRL 17 Melbourne16-6Canberra
MINT2024 1 France M8-40England M
WINT2024 1 FRANCE W0-42ENGLAND W
Fri 28th Jun
NRL 17 Canterbury15-14Cronulla
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 14 403 164 239 24
St.Helens 15 423 162 261 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Warrington 15 358 213 145 20
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 15 274 270 4 16
Huddersfield 15 298 317 -19 12
Leigh 14 264 226 38 11
Castleford 15 238 429 -191 7
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 15 140 598 -458 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 13 354 217 137 20
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10
Halifax 13 270 377 -107 10
Barrow 12 203 339 -136 10
Swinton 13 260 332 -72 8
Dewsbury 14 168 419 -251 2
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Marcus's Bic
9m
IMG scores
homme vaste
12m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
14m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
15m
Shopping list for 2025
DSJ1983
25m
Squad 2024
Listenup94
28m
Halifax v Whitehaven
Brew
42m
New halfback signing
Bully_Boxer
54m
Mr Snoodle
55m
Murphy on his way then
financialtim
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
IMG scores
homme vaste
1m
WHO IS NEXT
Manheim
1m
Best Wigan Tour Team
Cherry_Warri
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
RobRiches
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
2m
Rumours thread
PopTart
2m
Lee Briers
Mr Snoodle
2m
Murphy on his way then
financialtim
3m
Mr Snoodle
3m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
Victor
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Start@1873
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Best Wigan Tour Team
Cherry_Warri
TODAY
Josh Bowden
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squad for Giants
ninearches
TODAY
Leigh h
Zig
TODAY
Meadows
Torbreck
TODAY
July games
financialtim
TODAY
Salford - Away
RockNRolla
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse - Saturday 10 August 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Toulouse A
Bull Mania
TODAY
IMG scores
homme vaste
TODAY
Nathan Mason
MicktheGled
TODAY
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
Half Time Report
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Dewsbury v Dons Sunday 7/7/24 3pm
Kick and cha
TODAY
Our next 2 meetings
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Lee Briers
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Register Thirteenth Win Of The Season With Victory Over Barrow
RLFANS News
TODAY
Academy Origin
B0NES
TODAY
Catalan Away
B0NES
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..