JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If Charnley was given better ball passing he would have scored 2 tries.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4732
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73327_1685730441.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73327.jpg

Yeah, our centres are rubbish they? icon_rolleyes.gif

That pass to Charnley wasn't perfect, but he should have taken it. And, to be fair, in real time it seemed to me that if the pass had have been 'perfect', it might well have been called forward.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3632_1352982335.jpg
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery....... I will look to the moment, and miraculously, the future will take care of itself. Radio 5 Live, Sat, April 14th, 2007,...Dave Whelan, "In Wigan, rugby will always be king" 'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet..........unsure' 'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it' Worry will not prevent destiny from unfolding.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3632.jpg

Quote: moto748 "Yeah, our centres are rubbish they? icon_rolleyes.gif

That pass to Charnley wasn't perfect, but he should have taken it. And, to be fair, in real time it seemed to me that if the pass had have been 'perfect', it might well have been called forward.'"

Yes, it's a pity we all aren't perfect, just human.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5750No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7349_1382076828.jpeg
CHAMP20NS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7349.jpeg

Il stick to my mid season crisis time prediction that we will win the Grand Final. Some very red faces on here if we do I should imagine. Anyone remember the Wane out thread?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29590
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Quote: 21-12 "Il stick to my mid season crisis time prediction that we will win the Grand Final. Some very red faces on here if we do I should imagine. Anyone remember the Wane out thread?'"

I just couldn't get my head round the expectations at the time that we should have still been able to win games and play entertaining rugby when we were missing as many as 11 or 12 players some weeks.

The only thing I felt we could judge the players on was the effort and that's has been exceptional all year (aside from Wakey away but I think the reasons behind that are well documented). The players look as determined as I've ever seen them to win games and as players are coming back on board we're going to be difficult to beat.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain11No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Remember, it's only a semi pro league!

Dont get carried away by beating the frogs by a mere 20 points.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: NSW "Brilliant brilliant brilliant.

Great team win not a bad player. Special mentions to -

Sam - not lost a game since he's been back starting? Brings so much confidence to players around him, his defence is unreal

Sarge - still think underrated by many. I know he's not a natural centre but has amazing footwork and gets through a mountain of work, he will be missed.

Flower - Beast.

Smith - long kicking game is superb.

Bench - worried when I saw a bench of Tautai Breatherton Sharrocks and Burke but all probably had their best game this season.

Exciting that we're rounding into shape and still have the potential players to come back

Joel Tomkins
Dom Crosby
John Bateman
Frank Paul Nauuasala
Anthony Gelling
Liam Farrell
Tony Clubb
McIlorum ( keep hearing we might see him for the playoffs)

Scary if we can get a full team out and keep Sam and lockers fit'"

This was a game I was very worried about given the Dragons' form at home, but it was amazing how comfortable we seemed to be from a relatively early stage.

Great to see all that expectation invested in 'the Coal Train' and 'the Bus' (and it's well merited expectation, frankly), only for 'the Kid' and 'the Flower' to come out on top. icon_biggrin.gif

And as you say, lots of quality still to return to the fray. Would be extra nice now to give Wakey a kicking on Friday.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1192
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51209_1313399598.gif
Regards , EW:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51209.gif

Fantastic weekend . Fantastic win / performance

On a sour note

Thanks to the group of lads at the very very top of the stand who were sat in our seats and when asked in a polite manner to vacate said seats because there were no alternatives became very aggressive and abusive.

We were a party of 5 (2 men 3 ladies) various ages .

I am now aware that i am a Scottish B*****D and P***K.

An Irish lady in our company is now aware she is an Irish B*****D and the female equivalent of a P***K.

One female in our group who has had a knee replacement and was in a bit of distress after climbing to the top of the stand got short shift.

We are all now aware that the jugs of beer on sale contained lager (thrown about us) and had multi purpose as they could be used as toilets .

Many Many thanks to the three ladies who came over and offered to move to accommodate our party. The gesture was very much appreciated .

Rant over sorry folks . see you all on Friday

Regards , EW

PS Can i please also add that none of the said gentlemen were wearing Wigan colours .

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29590
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: Edinburgh Warrior "Fantastic weekend . Fantastic win / performance

On a sour note

Thanks to the group of lads at the very very top of the stand who were sat in our seats and when asked in a polite manner to vacate said seats because there were no alternatives became very aggressive and abusive.

An Irish lady in our company is now aware she is an Irish B*****D and the female equivalent of a P***K.

One female in our group who has had a knee replacement and was in a bit of distress after climbing to the top of the stand got short shift.

We are all now aware that the jugs of beer on sale contained lager (thrown about us) and had multi purpose as they could be used as toilets .

Many Many thanks to the three ladies who came over and offered to move to accommodate our party. The gesture was very much appreciated .

Regards , EW

PS Can i please also add that none of the said gentlemen were wearing Wigan colours .'"

What a real shame. It's a great weekend and that's the last thing you need.

You do tend to get the odd few idiots over there watching us. There was a group of lads there last year who I've seen causing trouble at Saints away (throwing glasses at people outside the weatherspoons pre match a couple of years ago) and they were absolutely wasted last year.

I don't get that mentality at all. If they want to act like they're on Green Street surely they'd be more suited to going to the football?! They could have gone up against the Russians in Mille but maybe they wouldn't have the stones for that.

Hope it didn't ruin your weekend. I'm sure after a few beers and a bit of sun you got over it icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1192
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51209_1313399598.gif
Regards , EW:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51209.gif

Would take more than a few cretins to spoil the weekend . Was more concerned for the girls.

Was at the very first game in 2006 and took my daughter (who was at the 2006 game) and my sons girlfriend to see her first Rugby League game . Ross is taking her to the next match to prove to her that wasn't typical Wigan Rugby League fans behaviour . She knows that secretly but not telling him as she just wants to go to another game Ha Ha Ha.

Cheers NK

Regards , EW

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member20409
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:3rwwi1cz][color=#800000:3rwwi1cz]WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017 & 2024 SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018 & 2023 CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011, 2013, 2022 & 2024 LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012, 2020 & 2023 ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019 WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018 BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012 CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012 [/color:3rwwi1cz][/b:3rwwi1cz]:

On a sour note

Regards , EW

PS Can i please also add that none of the said gentlemen were wearing Wigan colours .'"

That's just awful. Hopefully photos of these idiots have been taken and they can be weeded out of our club!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15444
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

On a sour note

Regards , EW

What s. Glad it didn't ruin your weekend, hopefully someone knows who they are or took pictures so they can be banned. No place for this in our sport.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain28No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Living in Oz I only get to watch us on Foxtel or Wigan TV but from what I have seen this was our best performance for a very long time. Other than Taylor I didn't see anyone else from the Dragons who I was worried about when they had the ball.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Edinburgh Warrior↓
Re: Warriors Spoil Dragons Party
Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:41 am
Fantastic weekend . Fantastic win / performance

On a sour note

Regards , EW

PS Can i please also add that none of the said gentlemen were wearing Wigan colours .

I was in the last row in the next block Ross, I have enrolled to Rl Fans as I feel compelled to write a reply about those morons on Saturday as you say no colours,lots of beer plus whatever else found there way into the lads bodies,
It was my wife & friends who offered the seats p,during the game I was joined by 4 French teenagers who spoke little English apart from the pleasantries,with 10 minutes to go they said goodbye & we're about to leave when 1 of the said morons verbally abused them plus used the English arms wide open stance in an intimidating way, myself & a guy in the row in front told them to shut it & sit down fortunately they did
After removing their "Brigantes" flag they went under the stand in repeat ion to invade the pitch at the end which if you were at the game they did,hopefully the French stewards gave them a bit more than they bargained for
I could identify these lot again they only bring misery to other supporters and need to be banned from the games
Hopefully they will get their cumumpance and we are rid
Of them forever
That's my rant over as well and hope to see Ross & his family again in better circumstances

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29590
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: 6warrior "Edinburgh Warrior↓
Re

Definitely sounds like the morons I saw throwing glasses at Saints fans outside the Weatherspoons a couple of years back and at Catalans last year. One is a skinny little rat who ran on the pitch last year with a jug of ale and they're all Liam Gallagher wannabes in their bucket hats.

33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.35546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
PopTart
20m
Hull KR H
MattyB
25m