JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Saint #1 "Because most rugby league players are right handed, they pass better to their left. This is less the case now compared to in the past, but it's still generally true. This means the left centre tends to get more ball. Correspondingly, the right centre ends up doing more defence. It's probably because Gelling is a better ball carrier, and Bateman a better defender.

Despite only playing twice since the start of May, Gelling made the most carries he has all year with 27; before this match he was averaging 17 a match. Bateman made 25 tackles, with 1 missed, while Gelling made 11 tackles, with 2 misses. It's probably also partly a response to the Warrington match, where Gelling made 14 tackles and missed 7, with Wane moving him to a position where he'll have to do less work in defence. The stats back this up - only twice this year has he made less tackles than on Friday.'"

Fair comments. Nice one.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5844
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper. Big Steve wrote: The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them. aboveusonlypie... If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.:icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: DaveO "Well those people were right to be annoyed. I am not sure why you think it was funny. It was poor play and he is guilty of it quite often. Unless he grows a brain and cuts out rubbish like that he won't be good enough.'"

I enjoyed it because it showed confidence and a willingness to try and catch his opponents off guard. I'm surprised that someone with your great sense of fun did not enjoy it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15440
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: Wigan Peer "I enjoyed it because it showed confidence and a willingness to try and catch his opponents off guard. I'm surprised that someone with your great sense of fun did not enjoy it.'"

icon_lol.gif

I pay my money first and foremost to be entertained. Gelling certainly does that!

RankPostsTeam
International Star7531
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I thought it was hilarious too. I hope Gels never stops trying things like that even when they don't come off all the time. Especially as it seems to annoy DaveO a lot.

RankPostsTeam
International Star776No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DaveO "Well those people were right to be annoyed. I am not sure why you think it was funny. It was poor play and he is guilty of it quite often. Unless he grows a brain and cuts out rubbish like that he won't be good enough.'"

Grow a brain? This isn't the Wizard of Oz mate.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3416
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
123.jpg
No trees were harmed during the creation of this post. However, a number of electrons were mildly inconvenienced. . Saint94 wrote "Every team is in your feckin shadow....we all know." - Amen to that, brother . Saddened! wrote "We've got the worst backline in the competition, bar possibly London and Wakey. I'd swap our 1-7 with Salford in a heartbeat.":123.jpg

Sorry Dave.

IMO, the only people at fault were the rest of the team, for not being alert enough to back him up and go with him.

He's the most creative player on the team, often in completely unexpected ways, but the rest of the squad have had YEARS to get to know how he works (Almost like a thought-bubble pops in his head, and he just follows the instruction).

If we, the fans, know that Gelling is more than likely to do something COMPLETELY off the cuff during just about every match, then surely the guys that train with him know it as well.

For me, it was Sarge and Budgie that needed a slap for that, to wake them up.

Both if them were stood around, just waiting for somebody else to think of something. Well, they did - but you 2 weren't paying enough attention to turn it in to metres/points.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32319
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: Pie Eyed "Sorry Dave.

IMO, the only people at fault were the rest of the team, for not being alert enough to back him up and go with him.

He's the most creative player on the team, often in completely unexpected ways, but the rest of the squad have had YEARS to get to know how he works (Almost like a thought-bubble pops in his head, and he just follows the instruction).

If we, the fans, know that Gelling is more than likely to do something COMPLETELY off the cuff during just about every match, then surely the guys that train with him know it as well.

For me, it was Sarge and Budgie that needed a slap for that, to wake them up.

Both if them were stood around, just waiting for somebody else to think of something. Well, they did - but you 2 weren't paying enough attention to turn it in to metres/points.'"

He would have to have been brilliant to be up with play wouldn't he!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1426No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

When Clubb goes into contact the tacklers try to take him high, partly because of his body position. Our other props may generally be bigger (not Flower) but in contact the first defender simply takes the legs.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1192
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51209_1313399598.gif
Regards , EW:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51209.gif

Quote: Rogues Gallery "He would have to have been brilliant to be up with play wouldn't he!!!'"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif a014.gif

Regards , EW

24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

7.07666015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
24m
Batley Bulldogs H
Willzay
46m