FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > Super League - a solution ???
32 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8112No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Some really good ideas here.
I like the 9 + 9 with the first nine playing each other twice and then playing the other nine once. That would give us 25 games which is ok.
Dump the Magic weekend from SL and bring it in at the last 16 stage of the C Cup. Eighteen teams is too many for the Magic weekend anyway.
The OP was concerned about smaller clubs holding onto their better players and not having them poached by bigger clubs therefore becoming more competitive. If we are serious about wanting a more competitive SL then this is a major problem we have to overcome.
I do think the player rating system would stand up to scrutiny which would put fresh emphasis on clubs producing their own talent.
Produce your own and you'll survive and thrive, don't and you won't do either!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1278No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23138_1331550009.png
New Years Resolution To Stop Swearing 1st January FCUKing failed:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23138.png

I think money has a part of it, but maybe the players want to try to play against the better teams as much as possible. Something which the NRL can offer which sadly the SL can't.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1885No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60432_1309989471.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60432.gif

Quote: DANN "I think that you will start to see the decline this year. If you look at Wigan for example our team next year will be far weaker than this year. Going forward we will continue to lose our top talent to either RU or the NRL. Some clubs will be affected whilst others less so. For example if you look at Wire most of their top players are the wrong side of 30 so are of no real interest. Forwards cant really play in like for like positions in RU so I was always comforted with many of ours being contracted. NRL clubs rarely paid transfer fees but this is changing so everyone is now fair game. The only up side of this is money coming into our game in the form of transfer fees but this is short term. Agents will be advising thier clients to sign shorter contracts.

I dont really know what the answer is. The only real way of keeping players in our game is to pay them more. However how many clubs are actually able to afford to pay up to the limit as it stands now? For the ones that can then the issue is the level of the cap.

So many of my fellow supporters are not renewing next year. Lower crowds will mean less money coming in. As the top players move on then the standard of the game naturally declines. The lower the standard then the less money the RFL can command in sponsorship and TV rights. The less that comes in the worse the situation gets. Its a vicious circle.

We are staging the next world cup for both RL and RU in the next 3 years. Which competition would exite you most in terms of crowds etc? RL doesnt have this problem in Australia as their club game has thrived for years.

I can honestly say tha IMO our club game will be semi pro within 5 years and who knows where we will be after that.

I take your point about the England team but what difference will it really make if none of them play over here.

Its all very depressing
Why on earth will it be semi pro within 5 years?
We have the second most watched league on Sky Sports.
Our league is virtually on par with Unions premiership for attendances, and would be much higher if it wasn't for the economic downturn up north.
We will make a big profit on the World Cup, no matter how much the flatcappers try to drag it down.
I hear the same old nonsense every year about fans 'not renewing', but the crowds just keep rising.
Only thing that holds back this league is the attitude of its fans.
And always will be.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

JonB95. You say we have the second most watched league on Sky Sports.

The problem for the Rugby League is it is probably one of the cheapest in terms of the cost to Sky.

RankPostsTeam
International Star137No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JonB95 "Why on earth will it be semi pro within 5 years?
We have the second most watched league on Sky Sports.
Our league is virtually on par with Unions premiership for attendances, and would be much higher if it wasn't for the economic downturn up north.
We will make a big profit on the World Cup, no matter how much the flatcappers try to drag it down.
I hear the same old nonsense every year about fans 'not renewing', but the crowds just keep rising.
Only thing that holds back this league is the attitude of its fans.
And always will be.'"

My point is really based on the fact the the problem has not really hit us yet. As players continue to leave our game the quality will dip. Whilst some people (including me) will alway have a season ticket some will lose faith as much as interest. Whilst I take your point about sky currently how long will they want to fund a sport that is becoming weaker, and please dont tell me that its not. As for average crowds they are not virtually on a par with RU. If you add the average of the 14 SL clubs and divide it shows and average of just over 9500. Yawnion averages 3000 more which equates to nearly 25%! I didnt realise that the global credit crisis was restricted to the north of England however you could cancel that out with the fact that the summer months does lead to larger crowds. If things carry on do you really think that crowds will rise?

We might well make a profit on the World Cup but so what? Where will the money go? My point was about the crowds etc and how our players would kill for an international game like they have.

So the attitude of the fans is whats holding the game back? Really?? I dont think any of the players off to pastures new would cite this as the reason that theyre going, whichever club they leave.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1885No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60432_1309989471.gif

Quote: stillinthepast "JonB95. You say we have the second most watched league on Sky Sports.

The problem for the Rugby League is it is probably one of the cheapest in terms of the cost to Sky.'"

And it should cost more. But what position are we in to order Sky Sports around? They have been something of a saving grace for our sport.

RankPostsTeam
International Star137No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JonB95 "And it should cost more. But what position are we in to order Sky Sports around? They have been something of a saving grace for our sport.'"

Thats true but I do think our game is undersold by the RFL

RankPostsTeam
International Star8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DANN "My point is really based on the fact the the problem has not really hit us yet. As players continue to leave our game the quality will dip. Whilst some people (including me) will alway have a season ticket some will lose faith as much as interest. Whilst I take your point about sky currently how long will they want to fund a sport that is becoming weaker, and please dont tell me that its not. As for average crowds they are not virtually on a par with RU. If you add the average of the 14 SL clubs and divide it shows and average of just over 9500. Yawnion averages 3000 more which equates to nearly 25%! I didnt realise that the global credit crisis was restricted to the north of England however you could cancel that out with the fact that the summer months does lead to larger crowds. If things carry on do you really think that crowds will rise?

We might well make a profit on the World Cup but so what? Where will the money go? My point was about the crowds etc and how our players would kill for an international game like they have.

So the attitude of the fans is whats holding the game back? Really?? I dont think any of the players off to pastures new would cite this as the reason that theyre going, whichever club they leave.'"

The reason club RU is 3000 in front of us average wise is due to saracens playing at wembley once or twice a year giving thousands of free tickets away. Harlequins do the same at twickenham. If saracens, harlequins, london irish and wasp didnt take games to big stadiums and give away thousands of free tickets the average crowd of club RU would be around 10,000. RU is exactly thriving they have had wasps go in admin and the only have one top flight team in the north sale and they may get relegated this year. As for the welsh RU clubs they all went out of business and there down to 4 regions and there still struggling to make ends meet. I think people on here really overate RU

RankPostsTeam
International Star1885No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60432_1309989471.gif

Quote: DANN "My point is really based on the fact the the problem has not really hit us yet. As players continue to leave our game the quality will dip. Whilst some people (including me) will alway have a season ticket some will lose faith as much as interest. Whilst I take your point about sky currently how long will they want to fund a sport that is becoming weaker, and please dont tell me that its not. As for average crowds they are not virtually on a par with RU. If you add the average of the 14 SL clubs and divide it shows and average of just over 9500. Yawnion averages 3000 more which equates to nearly 25%! I didnt realise that the global credit crisis was restricted to the north of England however you could cancel that out with the fact that the summer months does lead to larger crowds. If things carry on do you really think that crowds will rise?

So the attitude of the fans is whats holding the game back? Really?? I dont think any of the players off to pastures new would cite this as the reason that theyre going, whichever club they leave.'"

Don't forget here the Union average is taking into account both the Twickenham double header and the Saracens-Harlequins game, in which about 70,000 of the crowd were there primarily because they either got free tickets or wanted to see McFly perform. I don't think this says anything about the greater popularity of rugby union. Of course the credit crunch isn't restricted to the north, but i'm sure as you know rugby league is most popular in some of the more.. 'deprived' areas of our country, in stark contrast to union! (cliché, but true)
The quality of our league is still far above any of the dog turd i've seen dished up this season in the Aviva Premiership (which is declining just as badly imo). I'm sick to death of our fans complaining about how crap Super League is. If anything I think it's WONDERFUL that we are seeing more and more young players coming through in place of the Australian veterans. It will in the long-term increase the credibility of our competition.
I'm sure we can weather a few years of a dip in intensity. The more young English players experiencing Super League week in week out, the better it will become over a longer period of time.
The profit made from the World Cup will be distributed however the RFL chooses. I don't know, I don't work there! Of course, the number 1 benefit is the increased awareness to our great sport across the globe. Our international game is small of course, but we have to accept this and do whatever we can to send the game to new audiences. Union's world cup is of little interest to me - i'm sure it will have an effect, but will it be long-term? It's already under fire because the games have been all scheduled for soulless football grounds with virtually zero rugby heritage (apart from Gloucester). Do we really want our game to sell its soul like that?
The difference in union is that their fans generally accept their game as it is, and will fight its corner whenever they possibly can. And the RFU is not the most spectacular organization in the world either.
I don't know why I bother myself with some of the whingers on here. Just accept the game and keep smiling, if you love the game enough then watching it week in week out should be enough to put a smile on your face - we are lucky to have what we have.

RankPostsTeam
International Star8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JonB95 "Don't forget here the Union average is taking into account both the Twickenham double header and the Saracens-Harlequins game, in which about 70,000 of the crowd were there primarily because they either got free tickets or wanted to see McFly perform. I don't think this says anything about the greater popularity of rugby union. Of course the credit crunch isn't restricted to the north, but i'm sure as you know rugby league is most popular in some of the more.. 'deprived' areas of our country, in stark contrast to union! (cliché, but true)
The quality of our league is still far above any of the dog turd i've seen dished up this season in the Aviva Premiership (which is declining just as badly imo). I'm sick to death of our fans complaining about how crap Super League is. If anything I think it's WONDERFUL that we are seeing more and more young players coming through in place of the Australian veterans. It will in the long-term increase the credibility of our competition.
I'm sure we can weather a few years of a dip in intensity. The more young English players experiencing Super League week in week out, the better it will become over a longer period of time.
The profit made from the World Cup will be distributed however the RFL chooses. I don't know, I don't work there! Of course, the number 1 benefit is the increased awareness to our great sport across the globe. Our international game is small of course, but we have to accept this and do whatever we can to send the game to new audiences. Union's world cup is of little interest to me - i'm sure it will have an effect, but will it be long-term? It's already under fire because the games have been all scheduled for soulless football grounds with virtually zero rugby heritage (apart from Gloucester). Do we really want our game to sell its soul like that?
The difference in union is that their fans generally accept their game as it is, and will fight its corner whenever they possibly can. And the RFU is not the most spectacular organization in the world either.
I don't know why I bother myself with some of the whingers on here. Just accept the game and keep smiling, if you love the game enough then watching it week in week out should be enough to put a smile on your face - we are lucky to have what we have.'"

I agree 100% i can not believe what i read with some of these lot.

RankPostsTeam
International Star8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

sale sharks 6800, London welsh 4500, London irish 7000, London wasp 6500, Exeter 7000, Worcester 8000, Saracens 6500 that is approx what will watch these clubs on a average game at there regular stadiums. Its nothing to shout about is really not much different to are lower clubs. Only club that gets regular big crowds is Leicester Tigers the rest are bumped up with these free ticket days at wembley and twickenham. Also london irish on st patricks day go from 6500 - 7000 to getting 20,000 for a day probably due to free tickets. The only team in london that get decent crowds is harlequins average 14,000. We talk about boom and bust most of these union clubs are losing a fortune but still want to offer people like Tomkins big money it is only due to wealthy owners as they take are players. We could do same if we raised cap and the likes of IL put his hand in his pocket. Yeah we would lose money but its up to owners to clear the debt and if we ever lose a wealthy a owner the club goes t*ts up just like saracens would if there owner walked away. If we are going to die as you all say we might as well go down fighting and yes there will be a gap between the top and the bottom clubs but there already is now so nothing will change. Look at there losses in this in 2009-2010 and nothing will have changed for them www.nowrugby.com/mb/showthread.php?t=84333
sale sharks 6800, London welsh 4500, London irish 7000, London wasp 6500, Exeter 7000, Worcester 8000, Saracens 6500 that is approx what will watch these clubs on a average game at there regular stadiums. Its nothing to shout about is really not much different to are lower clubs. Only club that gets regular big crowds is Leicester Tigers the rest are bumped up with these free ticket days at wembley and twickenham. Also london irish on st patricks day go from 6500 - 7000 to getting 20,000 for a day probably due to free tickets. The only team in london that get decent crowds is harlequins average 14,000. We talk about boom and bust most of these union clubs are losing a fortune but still want to offer people like Tomkins big money it is only due to wealthy owners as they take are players. We could do same if we raised cap and the likes of IL put his hand in his pocket. Yeah we would lose money but its up to owners to clear the debt and if we ever lose a wealthy a owner the club goes t*ts up just like saracens would if there owner walked away. If we are going to die as you all say we might as well go down fighting and yes there will be a gap between the top and the bottom clubs but there already is now so nothing will change. Look at there losses in this in 2009-2010 and nothing will have changed for them www.nowrugby.com/mb/showthread.php?t=84333

RankPostsTeam
International Star993
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
63644_1343901350.jpg
[color=#FF0000:3s5hr9kj]Have you noticed, you can never find a radical priest when you need one.[/color:3s5hr9kj]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_63644.jpg

Some on here say that they are fed-up with the doom merchants of RL and we should look at the woes of the RFU to get the real picture of the respective sports into a true perspective. I believe it’s not me and others like me who can’t see the real picture. If you lot think for one minute that RU will sink like a stone just because our beloved game is a much better product, and in time good will conquer evil, think again. All I can say you’ve probably lived in the North for too long. Aside from the product, all our game has is its fans and an inept management structure, and though I agree these also apply to RU what they have which we don’t is backing where it counts, from the big boys at the BBC, to the old school ties in the halls of power, of newspaper sport, and even government. Just watch the coverage on all TV channels and see the difference in coverage, the BBC love to promote the Northern cloth cap an whippet image, and if you think I’m wrong, then it’s not me who’s deluded.

RankPostsTeam
International Star8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: pies-r-us "Some on here say that they are fed-up with the doom merchants of RL and we should look at the woes of the RFU to get the real picture of the respective sports into a true perspective. I believe it’s not me and others like me who can’t see the real picture. If you lot think for one minute that RU will sink like a stone just because our beloved game is a much better product, and in time good will conquer evil, think again. All I can say you’ve probably lived in the North for too long. Aside from the product, all our game has is its fans and an inept management structure, and though I agree these also apply to RU what they have which we don’t is backing where it counts, from the big boys at the BBC, to the old school ties in the halls of power, of newspaper sport, and even government. Just watch the coverage on all TV channels and see the difference in coverage, the BBC love to promote the Northern cloth cap an whippet image, and if you think I’m wrong, then it’s not me who’s deluded.'"

I do not think RU will ever die but i also do not think RL is going to die or go semi pro in the next 5 years as some say. For as long as the 57 old farts are running RU/the country union will always get more coverage on tv and in papers. RU as always been the same and had big international scence but it does not mean we have to die.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: JC1984 "sale sharks 6800, London welsh 4500, London irish 7000, London wasp 6500, Exeter 7000, Worcester 8000, Saracens 6500 that is approx what will watch these clubs on a average game at there regular stadiums. Its nothing to shout about is really not much different to are lower clubs. Only club that gets regular big crowds is Leicester Tigers the rest are bumped up with these free ticket days at wembley and twickenham. Also london irish on st patricks day go from 6500 - 7000 to getting 20,000 for a day probably due to free tickets. The only team in london that get decent crowds is harlequins average 14,000. We talk about boom and bust most of these union clubs are losing a fortune but still want to offer people like Tomkins big money it is only due to wealthy owners as they take are players. We could do same if we raised cap and the likes of IL put his hand in his pocket. Yeah we would lose money but its up to owners to clear the debt and if we ever lose a wealthy a owner the club goes t*ts up just like saracens would if there owner walked away. If we are going to die as you all say we might as well go down fighting and yes there will be a gap between the top and the bottom clubs but there already is now so nothing will change. Look at there losses in this in 2009-2010 and nothing will have changed for them
The massive new TV rights deal RU has secured has obviously passed you buy. It's £38m a season for four seasons and the Premiership clubs are planning to increase their salary caps on receipt of their share of this money. How big their crowds are or how rich their owners are is just not an issue when that sort of cash comes flowing in. And that is before they secure any other sponsorship which you can bet won't be given away for free to Stobarts and before they get any central funds off the RFU.

They are not even attempting to fund their outgoings of gate receipts. If you think RU is in a bad state financially you are barking up the wring tree. We are the sport trying to run clubs on a £700K handout from Sky and then balancing the books by the clubs generating their own revenue. Just how much money do you think a team as big as Wigan can squeeze out of the fans never mind the likes of Wakey?

All this "I prefer the club to be self supporting financially" is a load of rubbish in this day and age for pro sport. In the past the odd sugar daddy like Dave Whelan could bank roll a club but now its well past that already in RU. Like soccer but on a smaller scale it is generating such a big income from outside revenue it's taking players wages to a new level.

Pro sport has become a very costly exercise where the costs way outweigh what monies clubs can generate in a traditional way. RU played BT Vision off against Sky to get a great TV deal in these so called times of Austerity. How far away is that from giving the sponsorship away for nothing?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32321
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

The RU has signed the new deal for £38 million per season with BT? but how much were they getting from SKY and how much will that drop by in the new deal or will Sky not televise any of the RU games.

32 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
32 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.47802734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 17 Warrington Away
KaeruJim
6m
FC v hull kr
hull2524
13m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
22m
Saints h
NickyKiss
24m
Wakefield H
dddooommm
30m
Lewis Murphy
PopTart
60m
Tonights game v Leeds
Big lads mat
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
Dave K.
Recent
Fixture List
Smiffy27
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Cas
BigTime
1m
Sackings
SFW
1m
Tonights game v Leeds
Big lads mat
2m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
2m
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
2m
Bradford
BigTime
3m
TV games not Wire
ratticusfinc
3m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
weaver93
3m
Lee Briers
karetaker
3m
Odsal lease up for sale
Bull Mania
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Fixture List
Smiffy27
TODAY
Wigan Warriors Extend League Lead with Derby Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Toulouse game
REDWHITEANDB
TODAY
Ashton extends contract
chris2925
TODAY
Damel Diakhate
Eastern Wild
TODAY
Sackings
SFW
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
Big lads mat
TODAY
Watson toast
FIL
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Redscat
TODAY
Bradford
BigTime
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
Luppylad
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
BigTime
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
KaeruJim
TODAY
Saints h
NickyKiss
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
christopher
TODAY
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,787 ↓-8780,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
 FT
Hover 
Gold Coast
24-16
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
17:30
Catalans
v
Salford
 TOMORROW
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R15
Oldham
v
Crusaders
Workington
v
Rochdale
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
17:05
Manly
v
Newcastle
 Wed 17th Jul
     State of Origin 2023-R3
11:05
Queensland
v
New South Wales
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
17:30
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 13th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Gold Coast24-16Parramatta
Fri 12th Jul
NRL 19 Cronulla58-6Wests
SL 17 LondonB20-34Castleford
WSL2024 8 WiganW12-16St.HelensW
SL 17 Wigan16-12St.Helens
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 16 443 182 261 28
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 17 441 186 255 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 17 280 455 -175 11
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 17 176 649 -473 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10