FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > Peoples thoughts about the squad after a disappointing first
106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5396No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19595_1354583406.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19595.jpg

Quote: The_Enforcer "Ill stick my neck on the line. Shaun Wane will fail at Wigan. I hope im wrong because he loves the club and hes waited his turn and i like him as a person, hes a straight talking chap. This isnt just on yesterdays result but that has strengthened my belief.

To me Shaun talks an excellent game but does not have what it takes technically to be a head coach at a club like Wigan. I also see slight signs of panic already in his interview after yesterdays game. After the Salford friendly he came out and said he was disappointed and we'll fix it quickly and blamed poor execution. Again in his latest interview he blamed exactly the same things and promised to fix it. He had a certain worried look about him IMO. What happens if we lose to Leeds? Is he going to promise to fix it again? Can he handle the pressure?

He seems too set in his ways and determined to make some kind of impact immediately that isnt really needed. Hes tried to fix something that wasnt really broken and just needed gradually tweaking.

Not helping him is the fact weve lost some very good experienced players and replaced them basically with 4 reserve graders. Add to that we lost Gleeson and Riddell beginning of last year and never replaced them either and it doesnt look good IMO.'"

Spot on. I think Wane is far too old school with all this toughness malarky, every interview i hear is 'im rough me' or 'i had a tough upbringing' or 'im a tough taskmaster' or 'im a control freak'. Tbh, i am sick of hearing him bang on about his own management style, the guy bloody loves himself. He's completely different to Madge and he seems adamant that he is a much better coach. Thats fair enough but he talks as if the last two years were a disaster, which they certainly weren't. He has talked about playing good exciting rugby, much better than under Maguire, but sundays game was one of the worst since Noble. Talk about putting pressure on yourself. I just hope we don't lose on Saturday, even if Shaun 'doesnt see it coming', he'll be running out of punishments soon!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach224No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/The Swedish Chef.gif
:White Backgrounds/The Swedish Chef.gif

some of our signings remind me a bit of the signings we made pre the relegation year. we have definately replaced quality with quantity.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2006No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20776.gif
:20776.gif

I think its very very early to be writing off Wane and his ideas. I think he made an error by not playing enough first team warm up games which showed on Sunday but i actually like the way our coaching set up looks Wane is a Wiganer he understands what we want and he wont take no crap from the players, Iestyn harris should bring attacking ideas and i thought he did a good job with both Wales and the Crusaders.

What worries me is the lack of a plan b on Sunday we obviously thought our forwards would run over the top of a young hudds pack and we didnt they controlled the game better and with a poor kicking game from us had good field position. I was also concerned with the after match comments that "he didnt see it coming" does this show that he under estimated hudds and expected us to walk over them at SL level you cant afford to do that to any team.

Hopefully an early set back will be a bit of motivation for Wane on Saturday and we can get our season going

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18803
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
699_1268771516.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_699.gif

Quote: Broxy Music "but sundays game was one of the worst since Noble. '"

You think? I reckon we played worse and won under Madge. I'd point the finger at Hull at home last year which we nicked 14-12 with 12 men.

Even if it was the worst since Noble, I still don't think it was on a par with those kind of bad performances we saw back under him in early 2009.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17844No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23997_1287161421.jpg
[quote="Mark"]Great game of rugby league. Fantastic atmosphere, Wigan were breathtaking and dominant in all areas for the first 25 minutes, coupled with us making alot of dumb mistakes,then fortunately they brought McIlorum on which helped us back into the game. I thought some of the tries we scored to get us within two we're out of this world stuff. Towards the end we had to force it a little and we had a few things go wrong, i.e Monas kick on the first for King and Solomona going off who was causing havoc. Wigan were clinical in their eventual execution of us. Proud of Wire today and gave us a little glimpse to the future. Silverwood was awful as per, but I expect no less. Tomkins is a world class player and by far the best english player in SL. Wigan are a champion side and would be a worthy winner of taking our title as challenge cup. Good luck over the next month and a bit.[/quote]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23997.jpg

This line of Wane's interview after the game was quite worrying for me

It was disappointing. I never saw it coming

If he's taking team lightly then it needs to stop asap last season we played Cas and Leeds with weak squads and nearly lost both once these players who aren't regs get a shot they give it 110% to impress

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach316No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Broxy Music "Spot on. I think Wane is far too old school with all this toughness malarky, every interview i hear is 'im rough me' or 'i had a tough upbringing' or 'im a tough taskmaster' or 'im a control freak'. Tbh, i am sick of hearing him bang on about his own management style, the guy bloody loves himself. He's completely different to Madge and he seems adamant that he is a much better coach. Thats fair enough but he talks as if the last two years were a disaster, which they certainly weren't. He has talked about playing good exciting rugby, much better than under Maguire, but sundays game was one of the worst since Noble. Talk about putting pressure on yourself. I just hope we don't lose on Saturday, even if Shaun 'doesnt see it coming', he'll be running out of punishments soon!'"

As apprehensive as I am about the new coaching team, I think a bit of reality check is in order here.

When and where did Wane say he was better coach than Maguire? Did he ever even imply that the last 2 years were "a disaster"? When did he ever say we would play a "better" brand of good exciting rugby compared to Maguire?

We're all disappointed after the performance on Sunday, but don't put words in the bloke's mouth.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner14219No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7303_1615192114.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7303.jpg

Where is Amos Roberts? Is he still injured? I'd put him in at full-back, move Sam back into the halves with Finch and Tommy at 9.

How long are Prescott and Fielden likely to be out for? We definitely need some size and agression up front.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2012Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9438.jpg
T H E M I G H T Y W I G A N T O W N ! ! !:9438.jpg

Quote: Katrina "Where is Amos Roberts? Is he still injured? I'd put him in at full-back, move Sam back into the halves with Finch and Tommy at 9.

How long are Prescott and Fielden likely to be out for? We definitely need some size and agression up front.'"

my sentiments exactly. however i beleive that both amos and fielden are available for selection and were for the hudds game. i could well be wrong.

however i dont think we'll see sam at 6 again in his wigan career, he is definitely playing on orders. he hardly ever takes the ball in when under the bomb etc and seems happy to take the pass even if it looks risky - no idea where these tactics are coming from and it wasnt just the hudds game, it was teh same since after the CC Final last year. bizarre. either that or he is playing with a knock which is more than worrying.

poor amos needs throwing back in at the deep end, sod his confidence get him playing and it will soon come!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8127No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The quote "I didn't see it coming" is odd. Prior to the game Hudds had won on 4 of their previous 5 visits to the DW. Now it's 5 from 6. Yes they had a weakened squad and ours was better.
We had better players Hudds has the better team!

The pack not winning their battle was due to a lack of size. Farrell, Tuson and Flower are too many smaller men when big men are needed mostly these days. Spencer and Hughes to replace Flower and Tuson. Once the Hudds forwards knew they could hold their own it was enthusiasm that got them through together with skill, Danny Brough and a greater will to win.

What happens against Leeds happens. The critical tests are Bradford and Cas away the following weeks. Two good wins and this type of thread will not appear again. Two losses against those and the thread will go to 100 pages.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14135No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10123_1554736671.jpg
"I've not come 'alfway round t'world fot watch us lose. And I've come halfway round t'world, an' av watched um lose":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10123.jpg

Come on everyone. It's the first game of the season for Christ's sake.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3284No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14880.jpg
[url]//wiganrugbyleague.wordpress.com[/url]:14880.jpg

Quote: Nnibly_Warrior " I'm sorry but I don't see Goulding as a worthy replacement, I hope to hell he proves me wrong and will happily admit it if he does, but I think sadly the best thing Goulding ever did was have Gleeson on his left. '"

Goulding played well against Huddersfield IMO. He looked more assured in the role than Joel. It was Pat & Carmont (at least in an attacking sense) that was poor on Sunday, although I take your point over the course of a season.

It is laughable how people are showing a restrained disquiet over Wane after one game. It was a poor one but I expect us to perform better against Leeds, even if we do not necessarily win.

The issue is always going to be with the halves. Thomas 'can't kick' Leuluai shouldn't ever be first receiver. Personally I would bring Matty Russell in against Leeds and put him on the bench. He has played in the warm up games & early season a youngster is less likely to be destroyed by a good attacking side trying to find its feet.

Put Russell on the bench and then bring him on for McIlorum, move Tommy to 9 and put Sam in the halves with Russell taking the full back spot.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5396No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19595_1354583406.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19595.jpg

Quote: phibes "As apprehensive as I am about the new coaching team, I think a bit of reality check is in order here.

When and where did Wane say he was better coach than Maguire? Did he ever even imply that the last 2 years were "a disaster"? When did he ever say we would play a "better" brand of good exciting rugby compared to Maguire?

We're all disappointed after the performance on Sunday, but don't put words in the bloke's mouth.'"

He has implied that he didn't agree with Maguire's tactics(drawing the teams in to making mistakes) and promised to play a more exciting brand (hence a lot of work on ball handling skills). Im not doubting his ability as coach, none of us know how good he will be and im certainly not jumping on his back after one game, i just think he is trying too hard to stamp authority on the team, and his expectations are very high. I read an interview were he stated he wanted to win every game this year, maybe this is why he didnt see sundays defeat coming!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Broxy Music "He has implied that he didn't agree with Maguire's tactics(drawing the teams in to making mistakes) and promised to play a more exciting brand (hence a lot of work on ball handling skills). Im not doubting his ability as coach, none of us know how good he will be and im certainly not jumping on his back after one game, i just think he is trying too hard to stamp authority on the team, and his expectations are very high. I read an interview were he stated he wanted to win every game this year, maybe this is why he didnt see sundays defeat coming!'"

So snide sarcasm and invented quotes designed to make the bloke look stupid ("I'm tough, me!"icon_wink.gif are not getting on his back?

Get a grip.

It's the first game of the season. As others have said, if the team is still misfiring in a few weeks time, we'll know he's out of his depth. Until then, cut him a little slack at least.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17844No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23997_1287161421.jpg
[quote="Mark"]Great game of rugby league. Fantastic atmosphere, Wigan were breathtaking and dominant in all areas for the first 25 minutes, coupled with us making alot of dumb mistakes,then fortunately they brought McIlorum on which helped us back into the game. I thought some of the tries we scored to get us within two we're out of this world stuff. Towards the end we had to force it a little and we had a few things go wrong, i.e Monas kick on the first for King and Solomona going off who was causing havoc. Wigan were clinical in their eventual execution of us. Proud of Wire today and gave us a little glimpse to the future. Silverwood was awful as per, but I expect no less. Tomkins is a world class player and by far the best english player in SL. Wigan are a champion side and would be a worthy winner of taking our title as challenge cup. Good luck over the next month and a bit.[/quote]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23997.jpg

Quote: Cruncher "So snide sarcasm and invented quotes designed to make the bloke look stupid ("I'm tough, me!"icon_wink.gif are not getting on his back?

Get a grip.

It's the first game of the season. As others have said, if the team is still misfiring in a few weeks time, we'll know he's out of his depth. Until then, cut him a little slack at least.'"
Cut him slack for not using friendlys why they are there?

Cut him slack for underestimating a pretty decent side?

I'm not saying Wane out or he's doing a **** job but he's made 2 very poor choices and we are only 1 game into the season which it pretty scary

RankPostsTeam
International Star90No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jun 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE8.JPG
"I REMEMBER WHEN ROCK WAS YOUNG" - BUT WHAT THE **** DID I COME UPSTAIRS FOR ?:Humans, male/MALE8.JPG

Quote: Nnibly_Warrior "I still think our biggest problem was the fact we never suitably replaced Gleeson and Riddell, they were so influential in that 2010 title run. I'm sorry but I don't see Goulding as a worthy replacement, I hope to hell he proves me wrong and will happily admit it if he does, but I think sadly the best thing Goulding ever did was have Gleeson on his left.

We did well to hide that fact last year, but seriously... how many results did we have to 'grind' out last year, a lot of games could have gone either way and our season would have looked pretty dire in comparison. (I know we played well in CC, I'm talking league here) So again we loose more players end of last season and I fear we won't be able to cope and hide the missing factors this year. Not to mention... Anyone care to hazard a guess where our kicking game will come from this year? We need a 7 with a top drawer kicking game, Leuluai is not this player, he is a world class 9 and should be playing 9!

I've not seen the under 20's so tell me, does either Mellor or Powell have a kicking game that can be developed to be Wigan standard?

I'm not basing all this on Sunday's performance, these were my concerns before the first game and they are still my concerns now.'"

eusa_clap.gif Nail on head
Sundays performance was a continuation of where we left of last year, the difference being we can't rely on supierior fitness levels to scrape us through this season.
IMHO, Wayne or whoever is in charge has a massive job to turn this squad into serious challengers for a top four spot.
To repeat what has been said by many on here, we desperatley need :-
1,A quality scrum half with a good kicking game and the skills to run at defences, drawing the opposition, thus leaving gaps outside for stand off,Sam (talent wasted at full back) to expose.
2, Tommy at hooker in a fully fit pack.
3, A centre who can make space for Charnley (as good as any winger in SL) if the lad Gelling is a good as Deano says he his then give him game time.
I don't buy into this notion that young players need to be nurtured in the U20s for years before we try them, all the greats have made it from very early starts, Murphy, Edwards,Robinson, Gregory etc, etc.
As I said I dont think this will be easy for any coach to turn around, and I'm not advocating making sweeping changes, but if we don't start implementing some new game plans, results like Sundays are not going to be rairities.
Ever the optimist though, I think we will beat Leeds on Saturday.

106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.91650390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do we want in the play-offs
karetaker
2m
Film game
Wanderer
6m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
8m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
20m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Old Man John
23m
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
AdamH
30m
Ken Rollin
PopTart
33m
Call for funds
Greg Florimo
35m
7pm
PopTart
46m
Shopping list for 2025
DSJ1983
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
FRENCH
NickyKiss
29s
This weeks disciplinary
Philth
36s
Salford H
Steve0
37s
Film game
Wanderer
44s
Hudds
RfE
46s
Call for funds
Greg Florimo
53s
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
57s
Squad 2024
faxcar
1m
AdamH
1m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Roam Ranger
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
7pm
PopTart
TODAY
Who do we want in the play-offs
karetaker
TODAY
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
TODAY
Ken Rollin
PopTart
TODAY
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
just_browny
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Old Man John
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
AdamH
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
Chris71
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Wanderer
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Zig
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +33,620 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20