JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27588.gif
"Games as big as a grand finals define individuals and clubs. Remember we are only renting these shirts, I had my time in Pat Richards shirt. Ellery and Faz had there time in Sean's, Hampo and Radders in Sam's. You have to make a mark in these shirts that's still there the day you hand it over to someone else. So be aware for 80 minutes you are not only playing but also writing history and creating a legacy. How many people get to actually write history, not many. A big stage demands big players, be inspired. You play for Wigan, now go do it. Good luck." - Martin Offiah, 2010.:27588.gif

Quote: Mr.Side "I agree with Joel in the centres.. a lot of KRs tries come from them areas of the pitch with strong running from Galea and Newton.'"

Thats what I thought, Hull KR are probably one of the best sides for wide running back rowers. With Newton, Galea and even now Willie Mason if he plays SR. Therefore it makes sense to have Joel in centres rather than Marsh.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15444
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

My major worry is protecting the right winger under the high ball, I've put Joel at right centre just like everyone else but I'm not 100% sure it's the answer, maybe Charnley would offer better protection to his winger?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2088
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Grimmy "My major worry is protecting the right winger under the high ball, I've put Joel at right centre just like everyone else but I'm not 100% sure it's the answer, maybe Charnley would offer better protection to his winger?'"

I wouldn't imagine so considering he's been weak under the high ball himself. I think Joel has the height to get to any kicks that might come his way and has the size to offer a bit of protection. Plus, if we do lose out in the air then Joel is probably our best option of trying to stop a player following up with a try, because he's got the strength to bundle players into touch or to hold them up. Joel would be a big miss from the pack though as he was one of our few good players against Catalans.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15444
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: Cherry.Pie "I wouldn't imagine so considering he's been weak under the high ball himself. I think Joel has the height to get to any kicks that might come his way and has the size to offer a bit of protection. Plus, if we do lose out in the air then Joel is probably our best option of trying to stop a player following up with a try, because he's got the strength to bundle players into touch or to hold them up. Joel would be a big miss from the pack though as he was one of our few good players against Catalans.'"

I'm questioning his positioning rather than his size and strength. Glees is smaller and weaker but offered better protection on 5th

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_419.gif
[color=#FF4040:2teu7uxz]CHERRY AND WHITE[/color:2teu7uxz] [color=#000000:2teu7uxz]IT'S IN OUR BLOOD[/color:2teu7uxz] [color=#FF4040:2teu7uxz]ANCIENT & LOYAL[/color:2teu7uxz] [color=#000000:2teu7uxz]UNTIL WE DIE[/color:2teu7uxz] WIGAN WARRIORS CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPIONS 2011:Games/PDT_419.gif

Richards
Goulding JTomkins Carmont Charnley
S Tomkins Leuluai

Prescott McIlorum Coley
Hoffman Hansen
O'Loughlin

Deacon
Mossop
Farrell
Lima

I'd be a bit worried about playing Farrell & Tuson - both are too similar in Size and Strength against a big KR pack.

We could do with another forward to booster the pack, but with the injuries to Fielden we may struggle.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2011Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sam Tomkins
Goulding
Marsh
Carmont
Richards
Deacon
leuluai
Coley
Mcllorum
Lima
Hoffman
Joel Tomkins
O'loughlin

Mossop
Hanson
Prescott
Farrell

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1529No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27588.gif
"Games as big as a grand finals define individuals and clubs. Remember we are only renting these shirts, I had my time in Pat Richards shirt. Ellery and Faz had there time in Sean's, Hampo and Radders in Sam's. You have to make a mark in these shirts that's still there the day you hand it over to someone else. So be aware for 80 minutes you are not only playing but also writing history and creating a legacy. How many people get to actually write history, not many. A big stage demands big players, be inspired. You play for Wigan, now go do it. Good luck." - Martin Offiah, 2010.:27588.gif

Gleeson used to protect his winger well

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23564_1342783768.png
[b][color=#0000BF]SUPPORT • SPONSOR • PLAY • JOIN A MIDLANDS RUGBY LEAGUE SUCCESS STORY //www.coventrybears.co.uk[/color][/b]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23564.png

Quote: cherryandwhitedavid06 "Gleeson used to protect his winger well'"

He did, but he has now gone.

A problem I have with Joel is at times, when defending as a centre he still thinks he is defending as the 2nd rower and its too easy for the opposition to create an overlap. Have a look at the Leeds game for example, for a period in the 1st half they tore us apart.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2088
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Grimmy "I'm questioning his positioning rather than his size and strength. Glees is smaller and weaker but offered better protection on 5th'"

That's true, but Charnley isn't that experienced at centre either, so I'm not sure whether his positioning will be much better. Either way we're going to have an inexperienced player at centre so I think it's a case of trial and error to find out who will be better in that position.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach507
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36649.jpg
King Johns II wrote: 11th July 2018 2019 - Lam (Edwards part time in background) 2020 - Edwards Mr Lebron James replied with :CRAZY: King Johns II wrote: 11th July 2018 I am just letting you know what I have heard is happening the moral or professional aspects are not being discussed. Lam will be the main coach 2019 and Edwards will work along side but not in public view until 2020 maybe we will end up following the Leeds Rhinos director of rugby style. And Mr Lebron James replied with !!!!!! :DRUMMER: Lebron James wrote: Do you want to have a bet on that? I will bet whatever you want on it as long as there is a third party to hold the money. Regards - King James (Lebron) "THERE IS ONLY ONE KING..........JOHNS!":36649.jpg

Sam
Goulding
Tomkins
Carmont
Richards
Finch
Deacon
Coley
Leuleui
Prescott
Hansen
Hoffman
Lockers

Subs
Lima
Mossop
McM
Farrell

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18737No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16493_1299497226.jpg
[quote="king warrior":prbr924b]Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week Got to say this is a top signing[/quote:prbr924b]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16493.jpg

Quote: King Johns II "Sam
Goulding
Tomkins
Carmont
Richards
Finch
Deacon
Coley
Leuleui
Prescott
Hansen
Hoffman
Lockers

Subs
Lima
Mossop
McM
Farrell'"

This

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3787No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: King Johns II "Sam
Goulding
Tomkins
Carmont
Richards
Finch
Deacon
Coley
Leuleui
Prescott
Hansen
Hoffman
Lockers

Subs
Lima
Mossop
McM
Farrell'"

Exactly IMO

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Quote: Cherry.Pie "Neither is Prescott though, and he was our best prop against Catalans. Coley is probably the weakest prop overall (but was also good against Catalans, and isn't necessarily [iweak[/i, just not as good as the others). I think Lima should start off the bench and work his way towards a starting spot without getting banned again.'"

I personally think Prescott has more impact than Lima. Prescott goes on some superb runs and breaks some tackles.

Lima made 35 tackles against Leeds. We should start him in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15444
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Cherry.Pie "That's true, but Charnley isn't that experienced at centre either, so I'm not sure whether his positioning will be much better. Either way we're going to have an inexperienced player at centre so I think it's a case of trial and error to find out who will be better in that position.'"

but Charnley at least played all his academy rugby in the backs, and did well for Hull KR at centre, I'm going to edit my team actually now I've thought about it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15444
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: tinytim1920 ""Coley is probably the weakest prop overall"

This must be the most ridiculous coment anyone has ever made'"

Not to have a go at Coley but I would agree, the other three are playing better this season and with a fully fit squad I wouldn't play Coley, and I wouldn't want him to be offered a new contract after this year either. He still does a good job though and has proved a very shrewd signing.

47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0556640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
0m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
2m