Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.:

Our young props are not outstanding.

Fair to middling is a better description.

OC is too small to be anything more, Prescott may develop but atm is average.

Fielden has lost it big style and Feka is a luxury that we can only afford with at least 1 more "workhouse" prop to set the platform for him.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

St. Helens RFC - 2014 League Leaders Shield Winners & Grand Final Winners:

Quote: XBrettKennyX "The more I am convinced that something doesn't add up here.

The reality is that we are light in the pack. Most (if not all) of our other problems stem from this.

BUT, as some anti-Nobby posters have been posting for a long time, Nobby has one style of playing RL.

That is a big pack beating the other team into submission.

Now, he has been at the club long enough to recruit the personnel for this game plan, yet we find ourselves in this position.

I cannot believe that Nobby would have done this deliberately. I have thought about it from every angle I can, and it just doesn't add up.

What has gone on? IL meddling? Players not available? Not enough money in the kitty? (yet enough to spend on 3/4's obviously).

I really cannot understand why BN of all people would be happy with our pack?'"

I blame the salary cap

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1622No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: Phil-P "I blame the salary cap'"

Ahem, Communist Cap you mean! icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.:

Quote: Phil-P "I blame the salary cap'"

I think I have just split my sides.

Do you do childrens parties?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach330No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Look at the players in our pack. IMO only 3 of them are big enough/strong enough to do their jobs effectively - Feka, Hock and Lockers.

Joel looks a big lad for his age as well in fairness but needs to grow some more in the next 5 years to be outstanding.

Our others - Bailey, Hansen, Eamon, Preccy and Fielden aren't big enough!

If I was conditioning at Wigan I'd want all of these lot to put some size on. Prescott has the frame to be a massive 18 stoner in the mould of a Jason Ryles but I reckon he's more like 16, he's got the legs of a spider. It might be too late in their careers for Bailey and Fielden so I'd expect them to see out their careers as poor to average players from now.

Eamon I'm not sure but can hardly see him putting too much more weight on and I can't see him at Wigan in 5 years time.

Hansen could put another half stone on for me and still keep the same athleticism.

Edit - Forgot about Coley (which says alot of what you need to know!) who, whilst isn't oustanding, is at least big and has outperformed the other lately.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: W18ANR "The only way we would sign 2 class props is to off load that £400.000 waste of space.. people have questioned the signings of some of nobles recruits, but at the end of the day we've bought what we could afford under the salary cap....lets not forget were still feeling the effects of the old management team!!!!, people questioned the signing of roberts on the wing when we needed a prop, but with richards playing fullback and mathers going to wire and us recruiting gleeson, it makes perfect sense to me!!!, '"

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? You seriously don't think this was planned do you or something that happened despite the fact we have been having poor results?

The problem with recruiting Roberts was he arrived a year early. This meant it wasn't part of the master plan to get him here this year but when he became available early we took him anyway. That filled up the quota and put his wage on the salary cap.

If we had failed to take him early and as a result we didn't get him for 2010 why would that have been a disaster? Phelps, Pryce, Roberts and Gleeson are all recruits ion the 3/4 when we needed a prop.

The only conclusion I can come to is IL and or BN concluded our current props are up to the task despite the fact it's been obvious they have not been since 2007.

Quote: W18ANR "who is out there for us to sign that has the quality we need to constantly batter that ball up over and over??, and who we can afford without going over the cap??, there are plenty of squad players out there, but its not squad players we need,!!. people look to point the finger at feka and hock and other people who give there all time and time again, the truth is there the only ones who have any passion at our club, and with more recruits like this we would be a considerable force in super league.. personally i would love to take the catalans prop forwards and put them with our backs and second rowers... but we can all dream!!'"

Who is available? Anyone for the right transfer fee is my guess. If we can't fit them under the cap then given our obsession with backs that is possible reason and that is down to the new management team, not the old regime.

Dave

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1796No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10523.jpg
:10523.jpg

Quote: [Gareth] ""yet in the meantime the team serve up dross on the pitch and the fans get charged more for the privelege???'"

That's a different issue, it takes time to build a team in the salary cap era. Spare a thought for Warrington who are going to be rebuilding for 3 years.

22 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
22 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.24072265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
Recent