Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Quote: NSW "Smithies had a much better season than Knowles in 2023.

The vast majority of RL fans know that.

Knowles will bounce back though.'"

I rate Knowles but by his standards he’s had an average season. I totally agree that 2024 we will see the “old” Knowles. I like his aggressive style and his intensity. I don’t see his handling skills that Wane refers to but that may be my lack of regular and in depth review of his performances.
Smithies has improved enormously since Peet took on the Head Coaching role. His handling skills have improved to the point that he is, for me, now a better all round player than Knowles but again that could be because I see more of Smithies than Knowles. What I do know is that 90% of RedVee contributors will never rate Smithies because he played for Wigan. An insular and at at times a cesspit of vile comments with infantile references to us as Wigoons and Scum.
On balance I’d take Smithies over Knowles probably 8 times out of 10 primarily down to his better all round skills and
His far superior discipline.

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2193
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Stu M "I don’t think I’ve been bitter to be honest. I’ve only really had a pop at Wane in his guise as England coach.

Furthermore I was big enough to hold my hands up last night and say that I may have mis-interpreted the Newman article (despite Phuzzy still continuing the argument)

I just found it strange that you produced a selection of stats that didn’t really provide a like for like comparison for a player that has been overlooked for England by the player that you are trying to say is inferior. Moreover the coach who has made the said selection is Mr Wigan.

I’ve said on this forum that since the CC SF Wigan have been the best team in the comp and deserved winners. I’ve been accused on Red Vee of a hysterical overreaction for having the temerity to suggest they may now embark on a dynasty with the signings made.

If that’s bitter then that’s your opinion. I certainly don’t think it is.'"

Stu, if you want to produce a better or different set of stats please feel free. I simply produced Super Leagues official stats and interpreted them, what more do you want? We can only benchmark performance against the statistics that are readily available to us and the rugby league community rely on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2978
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: NickyKiss "In fairness to Stu, I think Smithies would’ve been on the plane with Smith, King and Farrell (who were also in Dublin) if needs be but presumably he knew he hadn’t been called up and therefore stayed on.

On a side note, I wish we had a couple less top class loose forwards and a couple more top class hookers. I can’t blame Wane for picking Radley and Knowles, as both are class acts but so are Smithies, Minchella and Cam Smith. He’s picking at most 2 from 5, yet at hooker and to a lesser extent Fullback, we’re scratching around for options (I say fullback because we have Welsby and then….errr….nobody really. Maybe Brierley at a push).'"

Agree on the lack of options for FB is a little disturbing. Personally I can’t think of any young FB coming through who might eventually replace or challenge Welsby. I like Brierley but I think that he’s just a little bit short of being top class.
At hooker I rate O’Neil and particularly Litten. I must admit I’ve never been a fan of Clark and he’s got an impossible job of trying to replace Roby. Forber who I rate highly could be the answer sooner rather than later.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3839
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60223_1310112970.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60223.jpg

Quote: Itchy Arsenal " An insular and at at times a cesspit of vile comments with infantile references to us as Wigoons and Scum..'"

Whereas “Stains” are always spoken of with such admiration and respect on here aren’t they?

I really don’t understand how some people on here feel that this place is in any way superior to redvee or any other forum. There are morons on every single one of them, both redvee and this one included.

The majority of Saints fans can’t be judged on a small handful of idiots who post tripe on Redvee, in the same way Wigan fans can’t be judged by certain clowns on here. Redvee is no more of a “cesspit” and contains no greater amount of “vile comments and infantile references” as this place, so I don’t know why Wigan fans use it as a stick to beat Saints fans with.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29696
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "Whereas “Stains” are always spoken of with such admiration and respect on here aren’t they?

I really don’t understand how some people on here feel that this place is in any way superior to redvee or any other forum. There are morons on every single one of them, both redvee and this one included.

The majority of Saints fans can’t be judged on a small handful of idiots who post tripe on Redvee, in the same way Wigan fans can’t be judged by certain clowns on here. Redvee is no more of a “cesspit” and contains no greater amount of “vile comments and infantile references” as this place, so I don’t know why Wigan fans use it as a stick to beat Saints fans with.'"

Honestly YG, you’re a decent poster and you’re normally not far off the money. Yes you and Wigan fans won’t always agree but that’s only natural but to say you’re wrong on this score is a whopping understatement. That RedVee board is pretty vile at times and I’ve put a couple of examples on here in recent days that highlight that. I’ve never seen the like on here (or on the Saints board when it was used) and if there is anything that oversteps the mark, it’s stamped down, whereas it seems open season on RedVee at times. Even some of the interactions between Saints fans on there are awful.

You might not agree with the above but trust me, you’re wrong. It’s a small minority that look to be making it such a cesspit but those who shout loudest make the whole board look bad. I’ve said before, I don’t know why all the decent posters (and there are loads) don’t just jump back on here.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3839
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60223_1310112970.jpg

Quote: NickyKiss "Honestly YG, you’re a decent poster and you’re normally not far off the money. Yes you and Wigan fans won’t always agree but that’s only natural but to say you’re wrong on this score is a whopping understatement. That RedVee board is pretty vile at times and I’ve put a couple of examples on here in recent days that highlight that. I’ve never seen the like on here (or on the Saints board when it was used) and if there is anything that oversteps the mark, it’s stamped down, whereas it seems open season on RedVee at times. Even some of the interactions between Saints fans on there are awful.

You might not agree with the above but trust me, you’re wrong. It’s a small minority that look to be making it such a cesspit but those who shout loudest make the whole board look bad. I’ve said before, I don’t know why all the decent posters (and there are loads) don’t just jump back on here.'"

There’s no denying there’s idiots on there. I do cringe when I read “scum” comments for example. But I also cringe when I see grown men talking about “stains” or calling us scousers. I genuinely don’t notice redvee to be that much worse than on here in terms of how people talk about their rivals. I don’t read every thread on redvee though and tend to skim over a lot of it. I read down the left hand side and if I see a poster I know/like I will read the comment. So I’m quite selective with it to be fair.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29696
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "There’s no denying there’s idiots on there. I do cringe when I read “scum” comments for example. But I also cringe when I see grown men talking about “stains” or calling us scousers. I genuinely don’t notice redvee to be that much worse than on here in terms of how people talk about their rivals. I don’t read every thread on redvee though and tend to skim over a lot of it. I read down the left hand side and if I see a poster I know/like I will read the comment. So I’m quite selective with it to be fair.'"

All that stuff is childish nothingness. I don’t refer to Saints and Stains, scum or anything else and don’t understand why people do (or Wigoon, inbreds or whatever else the other way) but I’m talking about things way worse than that, of the like I just don’t see on here (or again as I pointed out, I didn’t see it on your board on here either). I put two examples on the other day. One was from a while ago, where a poster was being called a paedophile because he is a Wigan fan and one was very recent, after the GF. when Barrie McDermott was being called a f*@king this and that referring to his disability. The general hostility towards outsiders is a different level to anything on here and I’m not having it that this board is anything like RedVee.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2978
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "Whereas “Stains” are always spoken of with such admiration and respect on here aren’t they?

The majority of Saints fans can’t be judged on a small handful of idiots who post tripe on Redvee, in the same way Wigan fans can’t be judged by certain clowns on here. Redvee is no more of a “cesspit” and contains no greater amount of “vile comments and infantile references” as this place, so I don’t know why Wigan fans use it as a stick to beat Saints fans with.'"

Unfortunately you are the company that you keep.
You are posting on a Saints/Wigan thread (and others) where I think you will find quite a few complementary comments on Saints and Saints players. Can you imagine this thread on RedVee?
Personally I like posters like yourself, FTV, StuM, Saints71 et al coming onto the forum to give your views and supporting your team and players. It makes it more interesting and for me personally it can and does make me reconsider some views that I may have. I did sign up for RedVee a few months ago but after seeing some of he posts/comments I just couldn’t be bothered to receive the anticipated angry backlash to any comments that might be deemed “controversial”
Is this site filled with angels posting angelic commentary? Absolutely not. But it doesn’t contain posters who with every single reference of Saints use Stains or Scum as the default adjective. It doesn’t contain posters who use the word “ape” when discussing a coach in virtually every comment of the said coach.
I’m not for censorship but if any poster on here regularly used inflammatory terms I’d definitely give them a verbal straightener and I know that many others would do too. Maybe it’s time that the minority of the infantile posters are challenged more robustly on RedVee. Hopefully that time will come.

Please keep on posting on this forum. I respect your views but I will respectfully challenge them if I think that you are incorrect. Personally if opposing fans come onto the forum and post just to wind people up I don’t mind that as long as it is done in good spirit and not just spewing bile.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3839
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60223_1310112970.jpg

Quote: NickyKiss "All that stuff is childish nothingness. I don’t refer to Saints and Stains, scum or anything else and don’t understand why people do (or Wigoon, inbreds or whatever else the other way) but I’m talking about things way worse than that, of the like I just don’t see on here (or again as I pointed out, I didn’t see it on your board on here either). I put two examples on the other day. One was from a while ago, where a poster was being called a paedophile because he is a Wigan fan and one was very recent, after the GF. when Barrie McDermott was being called a f*@king this and that referring to his disability. The general hostility towards outsiders is a different level to anything on here and I’m not having it that this board is anything like RedVee.'"

Genuinely didn’t see either of those examples (on redvee or you referring to them on here) but that’s way way below the belt and you’re right, worse than I’ve seen on here.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1200
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It seems like there is no middle ground with RedVee. I like TYG cringe at some of the comments and I think the "Wigoon" and "scum" descriptions are childish to be honest. It's something I would hear a kid saying at school. The same with the "inbred" and "ape" comments.

The other side to that is the genuinely good posters on there (of which TYG is one amongst others)

However to be fair there are quite a few that will happily give Wigan due credit even if only to use Wigan and their signings for example as a stick to beat Saints with!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29696
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "Genuinely didn’t see either of those examples (on redvee or you referring to them on here) but that’s way way below the belt and you’re right, worse than I’ve seen on here.'"

Sad individuals mate, who ideally wouldn’t be involved in Rugby League but it’s the social media generation of saying anything that shocks, thinking it makes them look like a smart a*se. It’s not an every day thing that sort of stuff but I don’t see loads of moderation of things like that over there and maybe that’s the issue. It’s the independent nature of the board that makes things more harsh. I’ve even seen fellow Saints fans going at each other in a really poor manner (loads of issues around a group of young lads sitting in reserves sears was one and a couple of those lads were just moronic) and that doesn’t happen on here.

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2193
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Itchy Arsenal "Agree on the lack of options for FB is a little disturbing. Personally I can’t think of any young FB coming through who might eventually replace or challenge Welsby. I like Brierley but I think that he’s just a little bit short of being top class.
At hooker I rate O’Neil and particularly Litten. I must admit I’ve never been a fan of Clark and he’s got an impossible job of trying to replace Roby. Forber who I rate highly could be the answer sooner rather than later.'"

Eckersley.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2978
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Zig "Eckersley.'"

I thought that he is a centre or winger?
Has played FB?

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1200
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

https://x.com/saints1890/status/1720153 ... 92074?s=46

Outstanding this.

That’s 18 home grown Academy products in our 2024 squad.
https://x.com/saints1890/status/1720153 ... 92074?s=46

Outstanding this.

That’s 18 home grown Academy products in our 2024 squad.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32344
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: Itchy Arsenal "I thought that he is a centre or winger?
Has played FB?'"

Yes, he played a few games at fullback in the academy. I was talking to Kyle Amor about him when Eckersley was
on loan at Widnes. Amor reckons he would make a very good running second row.

2970 posts in 199 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
2970 posts in 199 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.24267578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Gaz3376
13m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Uncle Rico
50m
Grand Final Squad
MadDogg
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
Recent
OT Rohan Smith -
Trebor1
Recent
Rumours thread
PopTart
Recent
Transfer Talk V5
Sir Gregory
Recent
Brian Lockwood RIP
Start@1873
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Grand final Tickets
MattyB
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
1m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Uncle Rico
2m
Play-off Semi Final Toulouse A
MicktheGled
2m
Grand final Tickets
MattyB
2m
Alfie johnson CONFIRMED 2 year deal
ninearches
2m
Has anyone got any idea what is going on
gardener
3m
OT Rohan Smith -
Trebor1
3m
IN 2025 Jake Connor - Expires 2026
FlyingScotty
3m
Finn out Murrell in
Tony Fax
3m
Brian Lockwood RIP
Start@1873
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
OT Rohan Smith -
Trebor1
TODAY
Alfie johnson CONFIRMED 2 year deal
ninearches
TODAY
Brian Lockwood RIP
Start@1873
TODAY
Grand Final Squad
MadDogg
TODAY
Kit for Saturday
Pie Eyed
TODAY
George Hirst
Wigg'n
TODAY
Player of the Season 2024
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Released Players List
Jemmo
TODAY
IN 2025 Jake Connor - Expires 2026
FlyingScotty
TODAY
Has anyone got any idea what is going on
gardener
TODAY
Awards
The Avenger
TODAY
dan russell confirmed 2 year contract
Wires71
TODAY
Play-off Semi Final Toulouse A
MicktheGled
TODAY
2025 Catalans Dragons Kit
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Oli Leyland confirmed 2 year deal
ninearches
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Grand Final
Douglas Blac
TODAY
Transfer Talk V5
Sir Gregory
TODAY
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
chapylad
TODAY
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
ArthurClues
TODAY
Search Sexy Girls from your city for night - Authentic Damse
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Keenan Palasia - Expires 2026
BigRoy
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,095 80,13414,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 13th Oct
CH
Swinton-Hunslet
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22