Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg
OBN Wannabe:10393.jpg

Quote: Leyland Warrior "Did anyone seriously ever believe that he really was injured?
Ruled out for 8 months with multiple ligament tears. So people who believed he was injured might just have been right.

Still, lots of people get their wishes granted......

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/HAFLING2.JPG
BANG THE DRUM.............BARMY ARMY:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/HAFLING2.JPG

Quote: El Diablo "I'm afraid I don't actually understand what you're saying here?'"

i assume you are old enough to read?

go through the thread,
people post that mguire should have been sent off for what was a proffessional foul...mabe, but im not sure
some want Joel sent off for an act of stupidity....dont think it warranted anything more than a penalty..

neither incident has resutled in the concerned players being caled to see the disciplinary??

Buderus has been..........for a tackle that could have broken Prescotts neck.
he should have been straight of ..and a ref with guts would have......so stop whinging and face the fact you might be without him and the cheat for your next game

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/HAFLING2.JPG
BANG THE DRUM.............BARMY ARMY:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/HAFLING2.JPG

Quote: Gurus_Beard "Get a grip and take your emotionally retarded judgement out of it. Neither was a red.

Never have I read such unintelligible, one-eyed bile that is demonstrated in this thread coming from a team that has the most penalised player in the League. Sweet Jesus.'"

emotional retard?............i love it.

ive just told you niether was a red,,ffs

buderus should have been for a tackle that could have broken Prescotts neck....................which would have paled mcguires injury into insignificance

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
87_1465478756.jpg
[color=red:1ojd0jx5][b:1ojd0jx5]Last ever Derby at Central Park - 05/09/99[/b:1ojd0jx5][/color:1ojd0jx5] [color=black:1ojd0jx5][b:1ojd0jx5]Wigan 28-20 Saints[/b:1ojd0jx5][/color:1ojd0jx5] [color=red:1ojd0jx5][b:1ojd0jx5]Last ever Derby at Knowsley Road- 02/04/10[/b:1ojd0jx5][/color:1ojd0jx5] [color=black:1ojd0jx5][b:1ojd0jx5]Saints 10-18 Wigan[/b:1ojd0jx5][/color:1ojd0jx5] [color=red:1ojd0jx5][b:1ojd0jx5][u:1ojd0jx5]WIGAN RLFC - STILL MAKING HISTORY[/u:1ojd0jx5][/b:1ojd0jx5][/color:1ojd0jx5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_87.jpg

Quote: El Diablo "Ruled out for 8 months with multiple ligament tears. So people who believed he was injured might just have been right.

Still, lots of people get their wishes granted......'"

If thats the truth, then i'll have no hesitation in withdrawing my earlier comments about him play-acting.
Foul play or not....Costing us the game or not....I dont think anyone using this forum would genuinely wish to see any player seriously injured.
Should there be a rematch at Headingley, i for one would like it to be against a full-strength 100% fit Leeds side.
Makes victory even sweeter that way! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34183_1277913198.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34183.jpg

Quote: wigan pie man "buderus should have been'"

No. No, not at all.

Unlike you, I make the observation as an impartial individual.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg

Quote: wigan pie man "i assume you are old enough to read?

go through the thread,
people post that mguire should have been sent off for what was a proffessional foul...mabe, but im not sure
some want Joel sent off for an act of stupidity....dont think it warranted anything more than a penalty..

neither incident has resutled in the concerned players being caled to see the disciplinary??

Buderus has been..........for a tackle that could have broken Prescotts neck.
he should have been straight of ..and a ref with guts would have......so stop whinging and face the fact you might be without him and the cheat for your next game'"

I have been quite old enough to read for quite some time. Thank you for your enquiry.

I even recognised all the words in your initial post, it was the in which they were put together that I found somewhat ambiguous, hence my query. I wouldn't want to write any response to your arguments without being clear as to what they were. Thank you for the clarification, although it might have been nice to lose the attitude a touch. We're all (presumably) grown ups here.

Ignoring the tone, I am inclined to more or less agree with you on the first 2 incidents. The McGuire incident was a professional foul. That's a yellow card, not red in RL. He should have received said yellow. I've never heard of a professional foul resulting in a disciplinary hearing, so I think that is all as it ought to be. Danny McGuire will miss the next game anyway, but not for disciplinary reasons.

I think Joel Tomkins lashed out. The incident has been reviewed. I personally think he would do well to keep his temper in check, and his formal caution reflects that. Otherwise that seems about fair. Had he kicked with more malice, and should he do it again, I would expect him to be dealt with more severely. I hope he learns his lesson from the caution, because he's clearly a talented lad. He has an edge, but he needs to stay the right side of the line.

As for the Buderus incident, I have no problem with that being reviewed. For me it didn't look malicious. He drove in with the shoulder, nice and low. He lost control of the tackle and it became dangerous, exacerbated by the fact that the 2nd Leeds man had let go, which cost some stability. I am torn on the disciplinary's role in this. On the one hand, I think it was an error rather than a deliberate attempt to injure, and is the sort of thing that happens in RL. On the other hand, it is a dangerous error, as you point out, so I would not be totally opposed to the idea of the RFL handing out bans for this type of incident. Whether they go for a ban or a warning, I will be happy to abide by that decision, and promise not to whinge about it. I don't think I have done so previously, but you may recall something I've written elsewhere which was whinging. I'd be happy to withdraw it if you can bring it to my attention.

Thank you for your time.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg

Quote: Leyland Warrior "If thats the truth, then i'll have no hesitation in withdrawing my earlier comments about him play-acting.
Foul play or not....Costing us the game or not....I dont think anyone using this forum would genuinely wish to see any player seriously injured.
Should there be a rematch at Headingley, i for one would like it to be against a full-strength 100% fit Leeds side.
Makes victory even sweeter that way!
Seems fair enough to me! Apologies we will be unable to furnish you with a full strength team!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3448
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22964_1381135683.jpg
[color=#FF0000:3ohiykr5][b:3ohiykr5]Wigan Warriors - 2017 World Club Champions[/b:3ohiykr5][/color:3ohiykr5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22964.jpg

Quote: El Diablo "Ignoring the tone, I am inclined to more or less agree with you on the first 2 incidents. The McGuire incident was a professional foul. That's a yellow card, not red in RL. He should have received said yellow. I've never heard of a professional foul resulting in a disciplinary hearing, so I think that is all as it ought to be. Danny McGuire will miss the next game anyway, but not for disciplinary reasons.

I think Joel Tomkins lashed out. The incident has been reviewed. I personally think he would do well to keep his temper in check, and his formal caution reflects that. Otherwise that seems about fair. Had he kicked with more malice, and should he do it again, I would expect him to be dealt with more severely. I hope he learns his lesson from the caution, because he's clearly a talented lad. He has an edge, but he needs to stay the right side of the line.

Thank you for your time.'"

Both very good points.

Joel, as rightly pointed out, needs to learn his lesson and behave himself. His petulant actions could have cost us a lot more than 2 points, and had a different refereee been in charge we'd have been playing with 12 men for at least 10 minutes I think.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17844No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23997_1287161421.jpg
[quote="Mark"]Great game of rugby league. Fantastic atmosphere, Wigan were breathtaking and dominant in all areas for the first 25 minutes, coupled with us making alot of dumb mistakes,then fortunately they brought McIlorum on which helped us back into the game. I thought some of the tries we scored to get us within two we're out of this world stuff. Towards the end we had to force it a little and we had a few things go wrong, i.e Monas kick on the first for King and Solomona going off who was causing havoc. Wigan were clinical in their eventual execution of us. Proud of Wire today and gave us a little glimpse to the future. Silverwood was awful as per, but I expect no less. Tomkins is a world class player and by far the best english player in SL. Wigan are a champion side and would be a worthy winner of taking our title as challenge cup. Good luck over the next month and a bit.[/quote]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23997.jpg

I think we all agree that the penalty was for the mcguire 'challange' not the donald but the fact is they give it for the donald challage and the ball bounced in the field of play 10 yards from where it happened so it should have been on the 30 mark not the 40

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5588No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis75.gif
"FRIENDS ARE THE FAMILY YOU CHOOSE YOURSELF" Ray of sunshine Hull FC till I die If you can not say any thing nice don't say nothing at all GRANDCHILDREN ARE GOD'S REWARD FOR BEING A PARENT It's Rough It's Tough It's Rugby League R Whiting Best Thing Since Slice Bread Better make That Second GRANDDAUGHTER IS NUMBER ONE ..1959/65 1Battalion Prince Of Wales Own Regiment Of Yorkshire ..Gibraltar/Libya/Wuppertal/Berlin FROM 1959 TILL 1965 I WAS TAUGHT HOW TO KILL FROM MONDAY TO SATURDAYS BUT ON SUNDAYS THE PARSON TOLD US NOT KILL When I asked Who is right I was told "don't be clever Soldier just do has you are told " "Ich bin ein Berliner I was there when those words where spoken " part of history " "SMILE and make the WORLD a better place ":disney1/Dis75.gif

Quote: RhinoNeil "He did. True. However not in a month of sundays was that incident a penalty.

But what the hell don't let that fact stop you fookwits crying all week. Enjoy your rant.'"
You are wrong it was a penalty and the ref got it wrong ..The kick should have been taken were the ball hit the ground ..The Leeds player took the man out if he hadn't Wigan would have scored ..And I have no axe to grind The first one the ref called play on, it was and linesman who gave it for the second one with help from the video ref ,you could see the ref asking him to check

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5443
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
788_1290880131.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_788.gif

Quote: kt170496 "You are wrong it was a penalty and the ref got it wrong ..The kick should have been taken were the ball hit the ground ..The Leeds player took the man out if he hadn't Wigan would have scored ...'"

Pat wouldn't have scored, the ball went into touch. Clear penalty, though...and should have been 10m closer to the posts with another penalty for dissent. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach555
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Geoff "
Quote: Geoff "You are wrong it was a penalty and the ref got it wrong ..The kick should have been taken were the ball hit the ground ..The Leeds player took the man out if he hadn't Wigan would have scored ...'"

Pat wouldn't have scored, the ball went into touch. Clear penalty, though...and should have been 10m closer to the posts with another penalty for dissent. Just as importantly as 10 yards further forward, shouldn't the penalty kick have been brought 10 metres infield? It was judged to be a late challenge on a kicker ( that may be harsh on Donald, but the fact is the penalty was given) The kick through from Richards then bounced into touch.

Tbh, not 100% sure of the RL rules - I know that in Union the penalty would have been taken from 15 metres infield - this would equate to 10 metres in League. Lockers seemed to be asking about bringing the ball infield to Alibert - he, of course, was following Bentham's advice that the ball should be 1 metre behind the 40 metre line. I honestly think Pat would have kicked it from 10 metres infield - the ball fell short to the left of the sticks.

This is not sour grapes, just curiosity! Wigan shouldn't have needed to be chasing the game after being 14 points up. Wigan will hopefully now come good as they frequently have after a defeat. Do it for 3 games as they mostly ( always?) have after a setback and we'll be champions!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5443
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
788_1290880131.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_788.gif

Quote: Fames "Just as importantly as 10 yards further forward, shouldn't the penalty kick have been brought 10 metres infield?

'"

No. Had it gone into touch on the full, then it would (should) have been 10m infield, but the spot is where it first lands (or is caught).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5588No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis75.gif
"FRIENDS ARE THE FAMILY YOU CHOOSE YOURSELF" Ray of sunshine Hull FC till I die If you can not say any thing nice don't say nothing at all GRANDCHILDREN ARE GOD'S REWARD FOR BEING A PARENT It's Rough It's Tough It's Rugby League R Whiting Best Thing Since Slice Bread Better make That Second GRANDDAUGHTER IS NUMBER ONE ..1959/65 1Battalion Prince Of Wales Own Regiment Of Yorkshire ..Gibraltar/Libya/Wuppertal/Berlin FROM 1959 TILL 1965 I WAS TAUGHT HOW TO KILL FROM MONDAY TO SATURDAYS BUT ON SUNDAYS THE PARSON TOLD US NOT KILL When I asked Who is right I was told "don't be clever Soldier just do has you are told " "Ich bin ein Berliner I was there when those words where spoken " part of history " "SMILE and make the WORLD a better place ":disney1/Dis75.gif

Quote: Geoff "Pat wouldn't have scored, the ball went into touch. Clear penalty, though...and should have been 10m closer to the posts with another penalty for dissent.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5463
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: Geoff "Pat wouldn't have scored, the ball went into touch. Clear penalty, though...and should have been 10m closer to the posts with another penalty for dissent.

Maybe not Geoff, but an inside ball to Carmont (which is what Pat was looking to make) would have been a try as Donald was the last defender. Either way was a Wigan win....

ATEOTD though, it's all woulda, shoulda, coulda. We need to win on Friday now and perhaps we'll get a chance to redress the balance. icon_wink.gif

169 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
169 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.884765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Wanderer
0m
Todays match v Saints
ratticusfinc
1m