May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15483.jpg
:15483.jpg

Quote: Trainman "Firstly congratulations to both Hull KR and Leigh, I hope they both make it a final to remember. It’s good for the game to see some new faces in the final and wish both team well.

There’s a lot of OTT reactions in this thread. Put Cooper and Havard in that team and it’s likely a very different outcome. I agree that props win pots and we were missing our best 2.

I think French is growing into the #6 role and has shown some very good touches. Assuming we continue and with a full pre season there I think he will be vastly improved next year.

Yesterday, in those conditions playing the second half with a player short was always going to be difficult. I don’t begrudge Hull KR the win but am left frustrated with a number of refereeing decisions at crucial times.

The sending off was a joke. Despite numerous replays there was no clear evidence he even made contact with the head, if he did it was secondary contact. The video was clear that initial contact was at shoulder level, Lewis’ head went forwards and then back. Direct contact with the head would have sent his head backwards initially. This is evidenced by the disciplinary report.

Yes, it’s disappointing to lose a semi final but there are still positives to be taken, if nothing else in terms of effort and commitment. I thought Ellis was very good, regularly got post contact metres. O’Neil is getting better as is Smithies who’s work rate was second to none again. The conditions didn’t allow either team to play expansive rugby. I think we were a little conservative at times. Where I would criticise Peet is not utilising Hill. With a man down the team we’re gassed, fresh legs could have made a difference.'"

Havard (if he can put a run of games together lately) and Cooper would have helped to a degree but I am not sure they would have made that much difference - we had no shortage of effort but it was creativity that was lacking, even with a full team on the pitch we didn't look like breaking Hull KR down and those two players would not have helped that. Smith is floundering at times because he is a young player trying to do everything, every 5th tackle play goes through him and it makes it easy for teams to read and in this game French was mostly non-existant - maybe next season he could get there but he is not helping the team structure as often he runs around in circles and stifles any momentum. The weather was the same for both teams (and KR had a few players missing too) and you can't always play on dry tracks- we just do not seem to be able to adapt well enough.

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2186
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Keiththered "Other ex referees have a different view'"

They do mate that is what rugby is all about. There is certainly no question that it was a debatable and game changing decision. HKR may still have won, who knows.

Personally, I thought it was a poor decision. It is a tackle we witness on a regular basis. If you take the aggression out of rugby league we have no game and there were certainly mitigating circumstances. The problem we have is that people who have never played the game are making crucial decisions and getting them wrong. Shorrocks got sent off and got a one game ban and yet Matautia got sin binned and received a two game ban, how do you explain that? I think it is time we had an ex-player helping the video referee.

Zig
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player2186
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: exiled Warrior "Havard (if he can put a run of games together lately) and Cooper would have helped to a degree but I am not sure they would have made that much difference - we had no shortage of effort but it was creativity that was lacking, even with a full team on the pitch we didn't look like breaking Hull KR down and those two players would not have helped that. Smith is floundering at times because he is a young player trying to do everything, every 5th tackle play goes through him and it makes it easy for teams to read and in this game French was mostly non-existant - maybe next season he could get there but he is not helping the team structure as often he runs around in circles and stiffles any momentum. The weather was the same for both teams (and KR had a few players missing too) and you can't always play on dry tracks- we just do not seem to be able to adapt well enough.'"

We need a genuine stand off, we should not be experimenting.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15781
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16032_1698179828.jpg
"[color=#800080:2tf4iz4f]BOHICA[/color:2tf4iz4f]":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16032.jpg

Quote: Zig "We need a genuine stand off, we should not be experimenting.'"

We need a Trent Barrett. Sadly, thats most unlikely these days

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1832No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15723.gif
:15723.gif

Quote: Trainman "Firstly congratulations to both Hull KR and Leigh, I hope they both make it a final to remember. It’s good for the game to see some new faces in the final and wish both team well.

There’s a lot of OTT reactions in this thread. Put Cooper and Havard in that team and it’s likely a very different outcome. I agree that props win pots and we were missing our best 2.

I think French is growing into the #6 role and has shown some very good touches. Assuming we continue and with a full pre season there I think he will be vastly improved next year.

Yesterday, in those conditions playing the second half with a player short was always going to be difficult. I don’t begrudge Hull KR the win but am left frustrated with a number of refereeing decisions at crucial times.

The sending off was a joke. Despite numerous replays there was no clear evidence he even made contact with the head, if he did it was secondary contact. The video was clear that initial contact was at shoulder level, Lewis’ head went forwards and then back. Direct contact with the head would have sent his head backwards initially. This is evidenced by the disciplinary report.

Yes, it’s disappointing to lose a semi final but there are still positives to be taken, if nothing else in terms of effort and commitment. I thought Ellis was very good, regularly got post contact metres. O’Neil is getting better as is Smithies who’s work rate was second to none again. The conditions didn’t allow either team to play expansive rugby. I think we were a little conservative at times. Where I would criticise Peet is not utilising Hill. With a man down the team we’re gassed, fresh legs could have made a difference.'"
]

I'm sick of picking the positives from defeat in crucial games, sick of heading in the right direction without ever getting there. We were again clueless with ball in hand, even befoe Shorrocks went off. Let's not be kidded into believing HKR are a great side, they aren't, yet they've beaten us 3 times - which makes us even less of a great side.

Peet has been in charge now for 18 months, his team, his core, his spine. Forget Rads, Peet has the talent in that team to be performing far better than we are with far better results.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69704_1656949802.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69704.jpg

How many big games have we lost under Peet? Two semi finals?

That would be a poor record if we hadn't also won one semi final and a final.

So a 50/50 record.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2972
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Egg Chasing "How many big games have we lost under Peet? Two semi finals?

So a 50/50 record.'"

Ah statistics.
One semi final win out of three.
So a 33.3% success rate.

I don’t think that we are a bad team I just think we’ve an unbalanced squad with a severe lack of experience.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69704_1656949802.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69704.jpg

Quote: Itchy Arsenal "I don’t think that we are a bad team I just think we’ve an unbalanced squad with a severe lack of experience.'"

Quite possibly. Perhaps they'll learn from yesterday and manage things differently in the next one they play in. That's what will define how good a coach Peet is.

We're hardly heading in the right direction without ever getting there as someone said. We won the f***** thing last year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1832No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15723.gif
:15723.gif

Quote: Egg Chasing "How many big games have we lost under Peet? Two semi finals?

So a 50/50 record.'"
]

I wish my view of success, progression and what constitutes good rugby and good management were as low as yours, I really do. It's not the losses, it's the manner in which we've lost and seeing it repeated. You cling to the positives from defeat that you seem happy with, I'll continue to hope for better

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2972
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3441-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Egg Chasing "Quite possibly. Perhaps they'll learn from yesterday and manage things differently in the next one they play in. That's what will define how good a coach Peet is.

We're hardly heading in the right direction without ever getting there as someone said. We won the f***** thing last year.'"

Yeah that could be an outcome but we’ve only Havard to come back so Peet and his team will have to do it effectively with the same team. As a minimum I think Peet will be pressed to trust his youngsters more.

I don’t think that we are good enough to turn it around. As I keep saying hopefully I’m proven to be wrong.
If I’m honest I’m more concerned about next year. For me none of the forwards signed go anywhere near resolving the issues in the pack and the lack of a decent 6 still remains.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player165No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: NickyKiss "I’m convinced I’ll never see a dumber performance than Wakey away, so as I say, that’s not much of a defence for saying today wasn’t as dumb. I can just cut the whole team plenty of slack, that I couldn’t do 2 weeks ago. A man down, in horror conditions and with some appalling reffing decisions (that’s one constant mind) and it would’ve been easy to fall away but the effort was fantastic. I don’t disagree that sadly the smarts just weren’t there but there was absolutely no excuse for that at Wakey, whereas today I can understand it with the fatigue factor. Not giving Harvie Hill any minutes is a head scratcher. If he had that little trust in him, just carry Cust or Hampshire on the bench and cover injuries.'"

100% - criminal not to use Hill who has been playing well and we were 2 interchanges down AND a man down - please can someone explain? Defo throw Hampo in the mix if you don't trust the kid to play....

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player165No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Keiththered "Reading all the posts gives me almost as much pleasure as the result did yesterday. Almost.

I’m sure Cooper and Havard would have improved your team but so would the missing five first choice KR players. Half of our spine was missing as well as two of our main forwards and an international wing.

Strange that most bitching at refs invariably comes from the fans of losing teams. Yes, you had some decisions go against you but at crucial points in the game so did we.'"

Name those decisions....you were the best team and have outplayed us on 3 occasions this season - no need to gild the lily icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player165No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jaws1 "I agree with you we were scoring tries for fun when French was on the wing Cust not in favour Rocky not in favour Miski to the forwards for me he takes the ball up well.At least try Rocky for one match at stand off to see how it goes we are clueless in attack since Briers left why pick Isa been out for weeks and straight into the team only played miniscule minutes i honestly think the honeymoon is over with Peet we have no attack plan whatsoever back to Wanes type of rugby 5 drives and a kick offloads seemed to have dried up Mago and KPP were offloading at will now stopped. Miski might face a ban this week so things might revert to what it used to be.
I think Farrell is finished not contributing anything to the team why have a sub on the bench and not used especially when down to 12 men why did Isa get picked ??'"

On the money for several points - risk to start Willie, not fit, contributed nothing and broke down - leaving us short, Shorrocks then has to fill in and gets sent off - we are now two interchange players down, so we do not use a form player in Hill so we are 3 interchanges down - this is criminal. But the coaches have form with this, WTF is going on with picking young lads on the bench and giving them 0-5 minutes per game? Peet bemoans losing Nicholson and McDonnell - can we really blame them for leaving? At this rate we will lose Nsemba, Hill and Forber to name but 3. JFB gone mad.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach68No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47548_1272881450.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47548.jpg

Not sure where to post this so feel free to move it

Someone has left a kids wigan hoody 9/10 years a couple of seats down from us at the match on Sunday, we were in the seats in row M around seats 26

I think it was left at seat 22

I can bring it to the game this Saturday if that’s any good to whoever it belongs to?

174 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
174 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.07470703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Boss Hog
14m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
27m