JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17903_1300914398.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1a02isux][b:1a02isux]IN A WARRIORS CODE THERE'S NO SURRENDER....THOUGH HIS BODY SAYS STOP, HIS SPIRIT CRY'S NEVER!!!![/b:1a02isux][/color:1a02isux]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17903.jpg

Quote: inside_man "I can absolutely see where the money is coming from this year, how you managed to get under it with the squad you had at the start of the season is another thing, but we don't know the ins and outs etc etc.

I still think we cannot be judged as a squad until we get Fielden et al off the wages they are on. Fieldens wage is that of a World Class player, our squad would look 10x better if Fielden was someone like Peacock, who wouldn't be on anymore money.

The pack looks weak, and the squad looks weak, because Fielden is weak but taking up a massive wage. There are others as well, but i don't think anywhere near as many as when Mo was about.'"

IL is living off the Fielden wage if you know what i mean. No big changes once hes gone THEN questions needs to be ask about IL

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner12214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7749_1266928910.jpg
Now The Wire. [quote="Rogues Gallery":xjc47q2r]Wire - the enigma. They could finish top or eighth, who knows.[/quote:xjc47q2r]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7749.jpg

How much do we think Fielden actually earns. It can't be more than 120k can it?

AJ
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12903No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1530.gif
:1530.gif

Quote: Lefty "How much do we think Fielden actually earns. It can't be more than 120k can it?'"

I'll go 250k plus.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner12214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7749_1266928910.jpg
Now The Wire. [quote="Rogues Gallery":xjc47q2r]Wire - the enigma. They could finish top or eighth, who knows.[/quote:xjc47q2r]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7749.jpg

Quote: AJ "I'll go 250k plus.'"

That is a lot. I think our top player is on about 170-180.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5952No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6580.jpg
:6580.jpg

Quote: inside_man "I can absolutely see where the money is coming from this year, how you managed to get under it with the squad you had at the start of the season is another thing, but we don't know the ins and outs etc etc.'"
Our squad is not the best in the league, and others are under the SC, so I have no doubts we are.

People talk about the big players like Morley, King, Briers, Carvell etc. but then our squad contains a lot of players who surely can't be on massive wages, the likes of Grix, Bridge, Mathers, Riley, Hicks, Clarke, Harrison, Blythe, Cooper etc.

The fact is none of us know people's salaries.

I could sit here and say no way you are under the cap because you have the likes of Richards, Gleeson, Roberts, O'Loughlin, Hock, Smith, Fielden, Feka etc. but in reality, I wouldn't have a clue what they are on.

AJ
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12903No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1530.gif
:1530.gif

Quote: Dave T "Very simple. So far this year we have released Gleeson and Reardon. Mathers is in, as is Carney (who probably won't be with us next year).

I would think we have some money free from Gleeson's salary.

Add to this the fact that we could easily release the likes of Johnson and Rauhihi, and there is free income.'"

Fair enough I suppose Gleeson & Rauhihi are on big money and Reardon/Johnson on enough to make way for Atkins/Myler.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3614No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wigan_knight "IL is living off the Fielden wage if you know what i mean. No big changes once hes gone THEN questions needs to be ask about IL'"

If you look at the amount of injuries our squad has had this season then imagine if Mo was still here, instead of having 4/5 solid decent players, he's have paid over the odds for an old aussie, and we'd be struggling with injuries every week.

In the age of the cap you have to set aside a certain amount of money for "Marquee" signings and then use the rest to get decent/good players that will do a good job on a normal wage, but you have to have a decent sized squad to be able to cope with the rigours of this league. Fielden taking up probably more than 1 top class players salary does seriously hamper us with recruitment.

We were very thin as a squad during the last few Mo years and that did lead to sometimes putting out some seriously weakened sides, but we were missing our entire first choice back row a couple of weeks ago and still managed to put one out that was better than most. Granted lots were youngsters from the academy/reserves, but they wouldn't have been there without better cap management.

I'm a big IL supporter, i think the squad overall looks a lot stronger than a few years ago with regards to numbers and home grown players, but we are lacking a top class intimidating metre making prop, all of which Fielden is supposed to be, and with the wage he's on SHOULD BE!

Swap Fielden for Peacock/Morley/Graham we would be up near the top challenging for trophies.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17903_1300914398.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1a02isux][b:1a02isux]IN A WARRIORS CODE THERE'S NO SURRENDER....THOUGH HIS BODY SAYS STOP, HIS SPIRIT CRY'S NEVER!!!![/b:1a02isux][/color:1a02isux]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17903.jpg

Quote: inside_man "If you look at the amount of injuries our squad has had this season then imagine if Mo was still here, instead of having 4/5 solid decent players, he's have paid over the odds for an old aussie, and we'd be struggling with injuries every week.

In the age of the cap you have to set aside a certain amount of money for "Marquee" signings and then use the rest to get decent/good players that will do a good job on a normal wage, but you have to have a decent sized squad to be able to cope with the rigours of this league. Fielden taking up probably more than 1 top class players salary does seriously hamper us with recruitment.

We were very thin as a squad during the last few Mo years and that did lead to sometimes putting out some seriously weakened sides, but we were missing our entire first choice back row a couple of weeks ago and still managed to put one out that was better than most. Granted lots were youngsters from the academy/reserves, but they wouldn't have been there without better cap management.

I'm a big IL supporter, i think the squad overall looks a lot stronger than a few years ago with regards to numbers and home grown players, but we are lacking a top class intimidating metre making prop, all of which Fielden is supposed to be, and with the wage he's on SHOULD BE!

Swap Fielden for Peacock/Morley/Graham we would be up near the top challenging for trophies.'"

I would be very happy to give Fieldens wage to Graham

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1959No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: steviewire "One thinks you need to check the record books. The Wire signed Andy Greg on the eve of the Challenge Cup deadline and paid a world record fee at that time.

A year or two later I wonder who splashed the cash out for his services
Reading comprehension FTW!!!!!

It was SARCASM about how ALL teams signed the best players they could for the money it took to get them, hence WARRINGTON getting Andy Greg from WIDNES and paying a reported world record fee for him - contrary to the opinion that the only team ever to pay money for players being Wigan spouted by some people around.

I am honestly happy for the genuine Warrington fans, it's good to see the club having potential success again as I always found them a really good tough team in the 80s.

And to be brutally honest this is what gets my goat about the revisionist balls spouted by some, it does a great injustice to the history of many clubs: Warrington, Hull, Hull KR, Widnes, Saints - rugby league was ANYTHING but one sided Wigan dominance in the 80s like some people try to make out. I saw some fantastic matches, and suffered plenty of defeats and saw good sides, good rugby and good players from many teams.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16712.jpg
:16712.jpg

Quote: Steve Ella's Beard "Reading comprehension FTW!!!!!

It was SARCASM about how ALL teams signed the best players they could for the money it took to get them, hence WARRINGTON getting Andy Greg from WIDNES and paying a reported world record fee for him - contrary to the opinion that the only team ever to pay money for players being Wigan spouted by some people around.'"

I get you there, and you bought him for peanuts from us thenicon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1959No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: steviewire "I get you there, and you bought him for peanuts from us then

Read the rest of the above as i was editing it.

And i was never saying we didn't pay good money for players like Andy Greg, but we were far from the only team in that game like some people try and pretend.

It's just easier for some people from some clubs (and i'm not even putting yourself in this category) to play the victim.

The thing is I was there, and watching the games, not just reeling off some clichéd rhetoric about something I know nothing about.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16712.jpg
:16712.jpg

Steve Ella, I get what you are saying although during th decade of sucess you may have had some great battles and some losses but the record speaks for itself. Even the better teams of the day would compete with you for 60 minutes then your fitness and quality would kick in and you would run away with games. Of course you slipped up every now and again but you got back on the wagon and victories continued.

My team had some tremendous battles with yourselves in the 80s and 90s but if you look at the overall results against the other better at the time teams i.e. Leeds and Saints, Widnes and also Halifax I would imagine the stats are heavily in your favour.

As an opposition fan (especially Wire fans) Wigan were the team to beat but it was seldom done unfortunately and your consecutive appearences in Finals and Championships was seen as the game was going stale. We went into games with thr hope we would get one over you but most times it wasn't to be. I was also around during that time an remember the opinions of the Wigan club and unfortunaely to some of us the attitude of certain members of your club has stuck and that is why you still get the reaction from some fans of certain clubs .

Until the introductionof SL then it all changed thankfully. At least the honours are being spread out over the last decade with a number of teams winning the comps. Also we are now competing with Wigan infact have a fairly good record over recent years icon_wink.gif

Anyway too late for all this my spellings going to pot off to bed no

Good Night

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1959No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: steviewire "Steve Ella, I get what you are saying although during th decade of sucess you may have had some great battles and some losses but the record speaks for itself. Even the better teams of the day would compete with you for 60 minutes then your fitness and quality would kick in and you would run away with games. Of course you slipped up every now and again but you got back on the wagon and victories continued.

My team had some tremendous battles with yourselves in the 80s and 90s but if you look at the overall results against the other better at the time teams i.e. Leeds and Saints, Widnes and also Halifax I would imagine the stats are heavily in your favour.

As an opposition fan (especially Wire fans) Wigan were the team to beat but it was seldom done unfortunately and your consecutive appearences in Finals and Championships was seen as the game was going stale. We went into games with thr hope we would get one over you but most times it wasn't to be. I was also around during that time an remember the opinions of the Wigan club and unfortunately to some of us the attitude of certain members of your club has stuck and that is why you still get the reaction from some fans of certain clubs .

Until the introduction of SL then it all changed thankfully. At least the honours are being spread out over the last decade with a number of teams winning the comps. Also we are now competing with Wigan infact have a fairly good record over recent years 5.26416015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links