Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39978_1327618193.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39978.jpg

Quote: Aboveusonlypie "The more league games you have the more points at stake the more likelihood that by games 28/29/30 the top 4 are sorted. It's basic maths. The more points that are at stake the more the league becomes stretched. Why do we need a pre-qualifier for the playoffs - that's what the regular season should be for. And you haven't attempted to answer my query about whether Sky are interested in a reduced playoff series?

You are happy that there will be more intensity in the season all the way to the playoffs. But has anyone considered what the players union think about all this? By the time they get to the GF each team will be knackerred! - NRL players have played 22 league games plus playoffs. SL players will have played 30 league games plus Challenge Cup plus playoffs.

I just don't see how anyone will be interested in the second teir games. Effectively full time pros playing against part timers. I'd put money on it now that Super League will start with the same 12 the following season.'"

It may well be the case that the top 4 are sorted early, but there is a very good chance that at least the 4th spot will be up for grabs towards the latter part of the weekly rounds. For it to be sorted early, it would mean that the top 4 teams will have had to play at or near their best for the majority of the season. Holding back for the playoffs, finishing 5th and getting an easier 1st PO game is no longer an option. Surely this is a bonus?

With regards to the 2nd point, it has already been pointed out that the maximum number of games for the top teams would increase by 1 compared to now, however it has been stated that the top 12 teams will enter the CC a round later than currently, so the players won't have to play anymore games than they do now. They'll just have to play more against the better teams. This has been the criticism of SL for some time now, not enough games played at a high enough intensity and too many blow-out scores. The NRL play 24 games plus POs not 22, and a lot of the top players also play 3 SoO games.

It may well be the case that the 4 teams that drop down in to the middle tier end up being the 4 that go back up the following season. But it gives the Championship clubs an opportunity to prove, on the field at least, that they can compete. They will have a higher salary cap than now so if the clubs cans afford to spend it the gap will not be as wide as it currently is, some may even be able to operate on a mostly FT basis. The interest will be from the fans of Leigh, Sheffield, Featherstone etc. who want to see their team compete at the highest level. It's much better than simple one-up one-down P+R between a FT professional league and a PT semi-pro league anyway.

There are definite issues with this system and it's by no means perfect. We still don't know the full details of a lot of it. However, on the face of it anyway, it's a much better system than we have currently.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15440
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: Father Ted "What does bother me is that the bottom clubs in SL have voted to ditch two fixtures against SL opposition for three matches versus Championship clubs.
Have they done their crowd projections and likely revenue consequencies?
If they haven't then they could find themselves in all sorts of money troubles.'"

Isn't it more like ditching 1 fixture against SL opposition and gaining 4 against Championship clubs? As it stands they play 27 v SL, under the new system it would be 23 v SL -Split- another 3 v SL and 4 v Championship

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2797No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39978_1327618193.jpg

Quote: Father Ted "What does bother me is that the bottom clubs in SL have voted to ditch two fixtures against SL opposition for three matches versus Championship clubs.
Have they done their crowd projections and likely revenue consequencies?
If they haven't then they could find themselves in all sorts of money troubles.'"

Some of these teams have an average of less than 5,000, there's not much of hit to be had. Maybe they think that promotion clashes will attract more fans than the dead rubbers they've had at that stage of the season for the last 5 years?

In 2011 and 2012 Wigan's home PO fixtures against Saints, Catalans (x2) and Leeds attracted around 50% of the attendance of the corresponding weekly round fixture. There are similar stories with the other top team's PO games. Surely addressing this is more important than worrying about whether Widnes v Featherstone would attract more or less than the 5,405 who watched Widnes v Wakefield in 2013, for example?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1979No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68548_1368547004.jpg
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try No hell below us, above us only pie"(John Ono Lennon born Wigan 1940):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68548.jpg

Quote: WARRIORCRAIG "It may well be the case that the top 4 are sorted early, but there is a very good chance that at least the 4th spot will be up for grabs towards the latter part of the weekly rounds. For it to be sorted early, it would mean that the top 4 teams will have had to play at or near their best for the majority of the season. Holding back for the playoffs, finishing 5th and getting an easier 1st PO game is no longer an option. Surely this is a bonus?

With regards to the 2nd point, it has already been pointed out that the maximum number of games for the top teams would increase by 1 compared to now, however it has been stated that the top 12 teams will enter the CC a round later than currently, so the players won't have to play anymore games than they do now. They'll just have to play more against the better teams. This has been the criticism of SL for some time now, not enough games played at a high enough intensity and too many blow-out scores. The NRL play 24 games plus POs not 22, and a lot of the top players also play 3 SoO games.

It may well be the case that the 4 teams that drop down in to the middle tier end up being the 4 that go back up the following season. But it gives the Championship clubs an opportunity to prove, on the field at least, that they can compete. They will have a higher salary cap than now so if the clubs cans afford to spend it the gap will not be as wide as it currently is, some may even be able to operate on a mostly FT basis. The interest will be from the fans of Leigh, Sheffield, Featherstone etc. who want to see their team compete at the highest level. It's much better than simple one-up one-down P+R between a FT professional league and a PT semi-pro league anyway.

There are definite issues with this system and it's by no means perfect. We still don't know the full details of a lot of it. However, on the face of it anyway, it's a much better system than we have currently.'"

Fair comment. You make some good points about the NRL, I hadn't included SoO.

What do you think the players representatives will think about it?

Does anyone think this will be good preparation for the end of season internationals?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15440
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Does anyone have a link confirming that SL teams will only enter the cup in round 5? I hope it's not the case as playing against teams you wouldn't normally come up against is a big part of the fun of the cup for me. Having said that I do understand that many of these games are uncompetitive and poorly attended

edit: never mind, found it in the Watkins report

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: WARRIORCRAIG "It may well be the case that the top 4 are sorted early, but there is a very good chance that at least the 4th spot will be up for grabs towards the latter part of the weekly rounds. For it to be sorted early, it would mean that the top 4 teams will have had to play at or near their best for the majority of the season. Holding back for the playoffs, finishing 5th and getting an easier 1st PO game is no longer an option. Surely this is a bonus?'"

Holding back for the playoffs With regards to the 2nd point, it has already been pointed out that the maximum number of games for the top teams would increase by 1 compared to now, however it has been stated that the top 12 teams will enter the CC a round later than currently, so the players won't have to play anymore games than they do now. They'll just have to play more against the better teams. This has been the criticism of SL for some time now, not enough games played at a high enough intensity and too many blow-out scores. The NRL play 24 games plus POs not 22, and a lot of the top players also play 3 SoO games.
'"

Most NRL players do not take part in SoO and so no you cam't argue there is little difference because of the SoO.

Quote: WARRIORCRAIG "There are definite issues with this system and it's by no means perfect. We still don't know the full details of a lot of it. However, on the face of it anyway, it's a much better system than we have currently.'"

I don't see how it is. It has not solved the issue of what happens to a current SL side if they drop out of the top 12 in terms of salary cap and players wages. Are they always going to be considered a SL side from a salary point of view so can maintain a £1.8m salary cap? Or at some point are they going to have to adopt a reduced cap level a and so rip players contacts up? If it is the latter all this does is kick the issue of moving between pro and semi pro down the road.

There is also the issue of the play offs themselves. Though it has not been announced a lot of people seem to think it will be a simple semi-final/final set up between the top 4. If so that isn't a play off but a simple knock out competition with even less of a link to the regular season than any play off format we have had previously.

For me the new format is a case of the tail wagging the dog. Yes P&R between a pro and semi pro league doesn't work but this new system is little different in reality. It gives some championship clubs a potential path into the top flight but instead of being based on criteria besides where you finish in the league you can progress regardless.

Licensing was a far better approach but was just badly administered and I can't see why any of those clubs that went into administration under licencing would not have done so under this new system either.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2797No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39978_1327618193.jpg

Quote: DaveO "Holding back for the playoffs

The current system DOES lend itself to that sort of thing, because you can finish less than half way down the league table and still have a chance of being champions. I'm sorry but reducing the number of teams who qualify for the playoffs will definitely change the mentality of the weekly rounds. In the last few seasons Leeds have won the POs from 5th position in the league, and we rested a lot of our star players and lost the majority of our games from July-Sep to let a big lead in the table slip, eventually finishing 4th but still won the GF. If there's a genuine advantage for finishing higher in the table then tactics like this become obsolete.

Quote: DaveO "Most NRL players do not take part in SoO and so no you cam't argue there is little difference because of the SoO.'"

I wasn't trying to claim we don't play significantly more games than the NRL do, I was saying that there won't be more games for the SL teams than there are now. The poster I quoted incorrectly stated that the NRL has 22 weekly rounds, when it's 24, and the players who will be playing in the end of season internationals will more than likely feature in Origin, so it is relevant. Nobody ever said the aim of this new system was to reduce the number of domestic games in the SL season to make our players play a similar number of games to the NRL players.

Quote: DaveO "I don't see how it is. It has not solved the issue of what happens to a current SL side if they drop out of the top 12 in terms of salary cap and players wages. Are they always going to be considered a SL side from a salary point of view so can maintain a £1.8m salary cap? Or at some point are they going to have to adopt a reduced cap level a and so rip players contacts up? If it is the latter all this does is kick the issue of moving between pro and semi pro down the road.'"

Difficult to comment on stuff that hasn't been announced yet. I agree that the SC stuff is one of the major points that needs sorting though. Isn't the 2nd tier SC going to be £900K?

Quote: DaveO "There is also the issue of the play offs themselves. Though it has not been announced a lot of people seem to think it will be a simple semi-final/final set up between the top 4. If so that isn't a play off but a simple knock out competition with even less of a link to the regular season than any play off format we have had previously.'"

The link is the positions you have qualified in. The higher you finish in the league, the better you're chance of reaching the GF. The POs don't need to be 3 weeks long and include 8 teams, a lot of the 7 games after the split should be played at PO intensity to either qualify or cement the highest possible finishing position. The current system has killed the incentive to try and win the league, see Danny Brough's recent comments.

Quote: DaveO "For me the new format is a case of the tail wagging the dog. Yes P&R between a pro and semi pro league doesn't work but this new system is little different in reality. It gives some championship clubs a potential path into the top flight but instead of being based on criteria besides where you finish in the league you can progress regardless.

Licensing was a far better approach but was just badly administered and I can't see why any of those clubs that went into administration under licencing would not have done so under this new system either.'"

I think it is the opposite. I was all for licensing at the beginning, as I thought it would make the lower teams get their act together. Two license periods down the line and the promise stadia of Wakefield and Castleford are nowhere to be seen, Bradford and Salford have nearly gone bust, Crusaders have gone and London are nothing short of a complete shambles. It's clear that something needs changing. The top flight is being reduced from 14 to 12, and then a further 4 could drop out if they don't perform on the field. Licensing didn't force the lower end SL clubs to buck their ideas up, but this might. Meanwhile fans of the top teams get to watch their team play in more intense games against better opposition instead of seeing them put 50 or 60 on teams without breaking sweat.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1979No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68548_1368547004.jpg
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try No hell below us, above us only pie"(John Ono Lennon born Wigan 1940):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68548.jpg

If anyone is bothered about what the players think I thought I'd just add this -

www.leaguethirteen.co.uk/news/2013/10/13/21

In particular -

"We opposed the preferred restructure option in our formal written submission to the RFL dated the 5 September 2013. We repeat our comment that the option favoured by the RFL, which includes the three x 8 league split, is an option which has clear, identifiable barriers to success and is an option whose basis was rejected by the Scottish FA and experimented with by the Swiss FA and ultimately rejected. The proposed changes give us severe concerns with regard to player safety and welfare given that the preferred option contains a requirement for players to play more games; this coming not long after a mantra from on high about players should play fewer games to give the national team a better chance to beat the Aussies. We have asked the RFL to undertake a thorough piece of research on the impact of increased workload on players"

Unless minds have been changed recently of Damascene proportions, I think that puts the case against the new system pretty clearly.
If anyone is bothered about what the players think I thought I'd just add this -

www.leaguethirteen.co.uk/news/2013/10/13/21

In particular -

"We opposed the preferred restructure option in our formal written submission to the RFL dated the 5 September 2013. We repeat our comment that the option favoured by the RFL, which includes the three x 8 league split, is an option which has clear, identifiable barriers to success and is an option whose basis was rejected by the Scottish FA and experimented with by the Swiss FA and ultimately rejected. The proposed changes give us severe concerns with regard to player safety and welfare given that the preferred option contains a requirement for players to play more games; this coming not long after a mantra from on high about players should play fewer games to give the national team a better chance to beat the Aussies. We have asked the RFL to undertake a thorough piece of research on the impact of increased workload on players"

Unless minds have been changed recently of Damascene proportions, I think that puts the case against the new system pretty clearly.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: WARRIORCRAIG "The current system DOES lend itself to that sort of thing, because you can finish less than half way down the league table and still have a chance of being champions. I'm sorry but reducing the number of teams who qualify for the playoffs will definitely change the mentality of the weekly rounds. In the last few seasons Leeds have won the POs from 5th position in the league, and we rested a lot of our star players and lost the majority of our games from July-Sep to let a big lead in the table slip, eventually finishing 4th but still won the GF. If there's a genuine advantage for finishing higher in the table then tactics like this become obsolete. '"

Fair enough but you'd get exactly the same result by going to a top five system in a normal league structure. You don't need this idiotic split to reduce the number of teams involved in the playoffs and thus make the league more important.

The new system means it is almost certain to be a simple knock out between the top four and IMO that isn't a play off. It is much more of a cup competition and doesn't offer sufficient reward for winning the league or finishing higher. Look how the old top 5 system worked and see how it was biased toward the higher finishing teams. If you are going to decide the competition by a playoff after 30 league games you need to have something that offer more than a knock out game to win the thing.

I see McManus has said about the current system that itDifficult to comment on stuff that hasn't been announced yet. I agree that the SC stuff is one of the major points that needs sorting though. Isn't the 2nd tier SC going to be £900K? '"

According to Martin Sadler it has not been agreed and if no agreement is reached it will mean SL clubs keep £1.2m and the championship sides get £90K.

Apparently SL clubs voted 7-6 in favour of the new structure (Les Cat's abstained, God knows why). The dissenters were Hudds, Hull FC, Hull KR, Salford, Warrington and Wigan.

Interestingly both Betts and Cummins, coaches of clubs who voted for the proposals have come out against them with Cummins saying all this will do is get clubs back again to the dark days of buying players to ensure they don't drop down the pecking order.

Quote: WARRIORCRAIG "I think it is the opposite. I was all for licensing at the beginning, as I thought it would make the lower teams get their act together. Two license periods down the line and the promise stadia of Wakefield and Castleford are nowhere to be seen, Bradford and Salford have nearly gone bust, Crusaders have gone and London are nothing short of a complete shambles.'"

It does not follow that licensing is to blame for that. The fact the RFL failed to spot problem clubs and awarded them a license anyway points squarely at the RFL's incompetence. Similar system work elsewhere.

Quote: WARRIORCRAIG " It's clear that something needs changing. The top flight is being reduced from 14 to 12, and then a further 4 could drop out if they don't perform on the field. Licensing didn't force the lower end SL clubs to buck their ideas up, but this might.'"

Why? As Cummins has said bucking their idea up may well result in spending on players they can't afford to avoid dropping down the pecking order. The idea this new system does away with all the old problems associated with P&R such as that is far fetched IMO.

Quote: WARRIORCRAIG " Meanwhile fans of the top teams get to watch their team play in more intense games against better opposition instead of seeing them put 50 or 60 on teams without breaking sweat.'"

It was voted 13-0 to reduce the SL to 12 teams. That and a top five play off would deliver everything you want.

By the way a big reason why this system failed in Switzerland was due to attendances falling and the focus seemingly making the relegation game more important than the championship deciders.

If you think about it you can see why because the middle 8 is an 8 team P&R competition! So much for doing away with the problems of P&R as well.

It was also felt too complicated by sponsors and fans so the only time it has every been tried, it failed.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

On the BBC web page yesterday Mathew Cummins of Bradford said that the proposed promotion and relegation was rubbish, on the same web page today S Wane says he himself has reservations.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/25842657
On the BBC web page yesterday Mathew Cummins of Bradford said that the proposed promotion and relegation was rubbish, on the same web page today S Wane says he himself has reservations.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/25842657

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8112No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The vote for a 12 team league didn't have an opposing vote.
Why clubs like Wakey, London and Widnes voted for relegation is staggering. Especially Widnes. They voted for 2 down in 2005 then finished 2nd bottom and were relegated. To vote again for getting your club to be vulnerable for relegation is just daft!
If they survive then are in the bottom four in 2015 they will take a massive cash hit when they have three home games against Championship opposition rather than two games v SL clubs.
You do have to wonder what is going on at some of these clubs.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1002
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62118_1550845628.png
Everything [i:1c0rjla2]is [/i:1c0rjla2]Awesome:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62118.png

I give up...They're making this up as they go along
rlhttp://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_14072-the-million-pound-match-to-decide-final-super-league-spot-from-2015.htmlrl
Is anyone in charge over there?

RankPostsTeam
International Star519No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: CyberPieMan "I give up...They're making this up as they go along
rlhttp://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_14072-the-million-pound-match-to-decide-final-super-league-spot-from-2015.htmlrl
Is anyone in charge over there?'"

This is nothing new, it was in the proposal all along.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1002
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62118_1550845628.png
Everything [i:1c0rjla2]is [/i:1c0rjla2]Awesome:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62118.png

Quote: andyh0064 "This is nothing new, it was in the proposal all along.'"

Must've missed it - lost the will to live after the first couple of paragraphs

RankPostsTeam
International Star519No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Fair one!

123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.98828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
WIZEB
6m
Leeds
RfE
7m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Yellow G
19m
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
28m
Planning for next season
Lower Crease
43m
WHO IS NEXT
Exeter Rhino
47m
Round 16 London Home
chapylad
49m
Batley next
Start@1873
Recent
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
Recent
Batley Bulldogs H
FIL
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Leeds
RfE
42s
Salford - Away
Jake the Peg
1m
Toulouse A
Bull Mania
1m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
DSJ1983
1m
Planning for next season
Lower Crease
1m
Round 16 London Home
chapylad
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
KaeruJim
3m
This site is crap
tad rhino
3m
Murphy on his way then
PopTart
3m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
tad rhino
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Start@1873
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
chapylad
TODAY
Leeds
RfE
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
FIL
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,271 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10