Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51209_1313399598.gif
Regards , EW:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51209.gif

Towards the end the Giants were content to take the tackle on 6th play rather than risk kicking in goal an risking the chance of Field , French or Marshall going the length of the field . Their negativity cost them the game . I said to Ross when they took the 2 after a couple of minutes that they were not confident. They should have won the game but a good team on form would have beaten the Giants with some to spare .

EW

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29596
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Bar a silly error at the play the ball, I thought Smith was absolutely excellent. His defence has come on leaps and bounds. He was a major threat all the way through the game, he scores a try and creates the winner. Our man of the match by a fair margin I thought (Smithies and Bateman very good also) and if they decide the Lance Todd after the game, he probably gets that as well.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5463
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: NickyKiss "Bar a silly error at the play the ball, I thought Smith was absolutely excellent. His defence has come on leaps and bounds. He was a major threat all the way through the game, he scores a try and creates the winner. Our man of the match by a fair margin I thought (Smithies and Bateman very good also) and if they decide the Lance Todd after the game, he probably gets that as well.'"

Absolutely NK. Jon is generally a good poster but he needs to stop watching games with the opposition fans if that was his take from the game. Smith MOM by a country mile. No one else including McQueen had the effect on the game that Smith had. If McQueen had then Huddersfield would have won. It really is that simple.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69704_1656949802.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69704.jpg

Well I backed Smith for Lance Todd so I agree it should have been picked at the end icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7764
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: jonh "Heaving not rewatched the game and posting for this feeling very hungover in a Travelodge in Walthamstow I thought Smith had a shocker, but he did provide the quality at the end to get us over the line, when the reality was we probably didn’t deserve it on balance of play.

Wasn’t a classic but we found a way to win.

I thought Smithies was our best on the day but probably fair for McQueen to get the Lance Todd, he was outstanding.'"

Hi Jon
I would suggest whatever you were drinking that created this massive hangover may have impaired your judgement on the day

I've never been convinced by Harry Smith but (1 ptb knock on aside) he was very good yesterday. Defensively very sound, kicking game was good, ran the ball and took the line on a number of time creating breaks/half breaks, scored one with a superb piece of support play considering normally he would be mainly on the other side of the field and created the other 2 tries, 1 with an unbelievably good ball to Thornley for the Field Try and to cap it all, after the magnificent ball from Tommy L, he straightened up the defence with his first movement which narrowed the defensive line for a second rather than immediately look to go wide, and then put in an inch perfect kick at the most pressurised time of the game.
Now
We may end up disagreeing on the above

But what I am going to say and will never ever change my mind is that our fans were out of this world yesterday!
There must have been 20k plus there, that while end was 95% Wigan and we had loads down the sidelines and in the Huddersfield end. In fact I would say closer to 25k
The atmosphere albeforebthe game was 80% Wigan fans in the pubs and street and the Wigan end was tremendous, on the concourses, and during the game and even when going behind the fans kept going.

I'll give you a free pass if you were sat next to the Giants fans at their end and you thought the 5k they brought were fantastic, brilliant.
But the Wigan fans outnumbered then 5 to 1 and there was no lack of support for them

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29596
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Quote: Phuzzy "Absolutely NK. Jon is generally a good poster but he needs to stop watching games with the opposition fans if that was his take from the game. Smith MOM by a country mile. No one else including McQueen had the effect on the game that Smith had. If McQueen had then Huddersfield would have won. It really is that simple.'"

Just watching the game back and he also saves a try for Ollie Russell about 12 mins in, when he races him back in to the in goal and makes up ground on him to get the ball dead.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8768No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4083_1711972570.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4083.jpeg

What a stadium…

Much preferred that experience than Wembley.

Great facilities, good quality food & drinks.

Coach park just a short walk from the ground too.

Glad I didn’t bother with the local pubs as the fan village was far more spacious.

Can’t comment on the match as it’s all a bit of a blur now.

P-J
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1830No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5845-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg
:icons077e_files/5845-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg

Quote: jonh "Don’t think it’s fair to have a pop at the Giants fans.

I was in the Giants end and they were outstanding throughout the game creating most of the atmosphere. They were on their feet on mass for most of the game. It was only small packets of the game the Wigan fans were adding to the atmosphere and at the end obviously.

Not a pop at our fans as it was that kind of game, but I do think the Giants support was fantastic and a credit to their club on the day.'"

Good lord, you were smashed yesterday. Smith having a shocker despite being involved in three tries. The Wigan fans being 'quiet' and out-sung by the pittance Huddersfield brought.

You probably need to watch the game back because you're commenting on something that only happened in your inebriated mind.

P-J
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1830No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5845-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg
:icons077e_files/5845-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg

Quote: dany1979 "What a stadium…

Much preferred that experience than Wembley.

Great facilities, good quality food & drinks.

Coach park just a short walk from the ground too.

Glad I didn’t bother with the local pubs as the fan village was far more spacious.

Can’t comment on the match as it’s all a bit of a blur now.'"

It's much harder to get to than Wembley if you take the train into London. You're left with a 20-30 minute walk and a long wait to get into the Underground. I assume they're going to fix that eventually.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20338No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: P-J "Good lord, you were smashed yesterday. Smith having a shocker despite being involved in three tries. The Wigan fans being 'quiet' and out-sung by the pittance Huddersfield brought.

You probably need to watch the game back because you're commenting on something that only happened in your inebriated mind.'"

Not smashed at all. Just saying as I saw it.

Happy to watch it back later when I get home.

I thought both teams were very poor on last tackle plays and both teams were rudderless around the halves for long periods of the game. That was down to the 9s too.

When Tommy came on we looked more controlled.

With 10 minutes to go we’re we’re playing like headless chickens flinging the ball about with no direction chasing the game rather than keeping calm and trying to build sets.

That was my take on it.

Fantastic that Smith came up with the big play when he did and your only need a few minutes of brilliance to turn a game which he produced but over the course of the 80 I don’t think he had one of his better games, non of the halves did.

Giants badly missed Fages as their last tackle plays and organisation were shocking and as others have identified probably cost them the game.

Great result for us and in my opinion I felt Smithies was our best on the day.

Not nice to see a player get injured but I think we would have been very happy to see the withdrawal of Chris Hill who had a brilliant first 20 mins.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1846No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jonh "He came up with match winning moments I agree, and fair play to him for that, but I I thought in general play we looked rudderless with both him and Cust having off days.

He came up big when he had to though and ultimately did come up with a few seconds of magic so fair play to him.'"

I think your being harsh again. Smith has clearly got talent but last year would have done him a lot of harm in his development. At the stage he’s up to he needs a strong partner along side him and is not yet able to take control of a game on his own. I think he’s shown a lot of progress this year and came up with the big play when it most mattered.

Understandably there are a lot of comparisons between Smith and Dodd. One of the biggest differences is Dodd was playing along side Lomax where Smith is along side Cust who we shouldn’t forget is also young and inexperienced for a half.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1830No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Great atmosphere in a great Stadium. I'd be happy if the final is played there every year. Wembley is a morgue in comparison.

Took my daughter for her first game and she loved it. We were on 10 yard line next to the South stand and the South stand looked brilliant from our perspective.

Smith MoM, involved in many key moments both defence and attack. He's been outstanding for us since Tommy was injured and living up to his promise now.

Wigan deserved to win. Strange how a narrative of a game is shaped. When Saints won with the last touch of the game in the GF due to a fortuitous bounce and a speculative chase by Welsby it was all about Saints. When we win with a great play, outstanding skill by Tommy, Smith and pace from Liam it's about 'hudds deserved to win it'.... We scored three outstanding tries, 2nd half we made some great breaks. We deserved to win it. No lucky bounce for us.

Yes we were a bit clunky in the 1st half especially, I think O'Neilhad his worst game for us and showed we were missing some control in directing plays from dummy half - BUT we stuck in and didn't fold and you have to credit the players for that.

Hudd's were very good in shutting outplays down to bring our edges into the game, and I think this is something we will build on, how to get our strike players into the game when the defence is jamming in like they did.

I think we will build on this and improve even more for the play offs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1610
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15483.jpg
:15483.jpg

Great result if not a great performance - but it's a W and in a final that is all that counts. Thought it was a fairly poor game overall with a lack of quality on both sides made a very bitty game.

Too many silly mistakes in the first half killed any momentum we tried to build (plus the ref seemed to let Hudds lie on every tackle for ages and slow the game down).

Delighted for Marshall to score the winning try after all the issues he has had.

Disagree as thought Smith had a decent game he is getting better with each game recently- Cust probably had his worst game for a while, perhaps guilty of trying a bit too hard.

Smithies had a good game apart from the high shots he really need to watch that, but the off load was great where did that come from? Bateman was good and worked his socks off, as was Singleton (our best prop). Farrell was quiet for some reason and Mago will never make it here or anywhere - poor signing.Credit to Thornley as well as he was clearly playing on one leg (Bibby was pretty decent as well).

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1830No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Trainman "I think your being harsh again. Smith has clearly got talent but last year would have done him a lot of harm in his development. At the stage he’s up to he needs a strong partner along side him and is not yet able to take control of a game on his own. I think he’s shown a lot of progress this year and came up with the big play when it most mattered.

Understandably there are a lot of comparisons between Smith and Dodd. One of the biggest differences is Dodd was playing along side Lomax where Smith is along side Cust who we shouldn’t forget is also young and inexperienced for a half.'"

This is so true. Cust is in his first year as senior player at 6. He's not an established senior player.

When you look at it Smith has more experience and we know what a car crash last year was. Both are learning their craft and for Smith to come out of this after last year like he has done shows the strength of character he has when fans were happy to bin him off at the start of the season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9453
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13145_1273270974.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13145.jpg

The 20th win is all that people will remember and all that will be in the record books. Very harsh on Huddersfield - they will be serious contenders over the next few years in all likelihood. We hung in there and executed three good tries but it was tough going outside of that.

Maybe we got a big dose of good luck to balance out the bad bounce in the last GF we played. Tui L missing his kicks, Chris Hill and Fages' injuries, no yellow for Smithies. I did come away from the game thinking we got away with one but if you're 2 points behind with a few minutes to go then you have a chance. Huddersfield's umbrella defence was smart in some ways but cost them in the end - they nearly got done early in the game with Field's kick to Marshall.

We don't win the game without Tommy Leuluai being there to nail down a few bolts - great effort from him to play. Bevan French was very solid and Harry Smith was great with his involvements in key moments (although there was a poor grubber kick through which led to Hudds breaking down field and scoring). Liam Marshall is rocks and diamonds - similar to the semi final a poor play led to a Hudds try (terrible attempt on Jerry) but evened it out by being in the right place at the right time. Brad O'Neill struggled and I'd really like to see Mago come onto the field and start pumping those legs after contact with offloading his 2nd priority.

Great to win the cup and congrats to the club. Brilliant to see a massive turnout from the fans showing there's still a big appetite for RL success in the town. I'd love to see this team really maximise their potential in the 2nd half of the year (after the inevitable hangover next week which I think we should allow them icon_wink.gif ).

249 posts in 18 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
249 posts in 18 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.55859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
1m
Film game
karetaker
1m
Rumours thread
PopTart
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
2m
Todays match v Saints
rubber ducki
33m
Hull KR H
LewCharnock
36m
Recruitment rumours and links
Boss Hog
39m
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
doc999
40m
Shopping list for 2025
WIZEB
48m
RD 25 Hull FC H
christopher
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Hull KR H
LewCharnock
30s
Todays match v Saints
rubber ducki
35s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
42s
Salford H
Steve0
44s
Leeds Rhinos - Away
Dave K.
44s
7pm
PopTart
54s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Roam Ranger
55s
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
doc999
56s
Squad 2024
faxcar
59s
Lee Briers joins St Helens coaching staff
Wires71
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
7pm
PopTart
TODAY
Who do we want in the play-offs
karetaker
TODAY
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
TODAY
Ken Rollin
PopTart
TODAY
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
just_browny
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Old Man John
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
AdamH
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
The Dentist
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
rubber ducki
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Zig
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +133,501 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 1 40 4 36 2
Wigan 1 32 4 28 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20